XBLA - Bomberman LIVE - 800pts - Bomb Up Pack 3 Now Up

I dunno, I was thinking about getting this game, but if I'm going to have to spend 1050 just to get all the content... that's alot more than just the 800 points I would have been willing to spend.

I may be one of very few, but I bought this game and I am very dissappointed. I just can't get into it like I did with some of the older bombermans. I havn't even gotten an achievement! Also I still can hardly ever get in an online game.

[quote name='elsnow77']gonzo bomber is sooo cool, but not worth 250 points[/quote] Darn, for a second I thought it was Gonzo from Sesame Street. I probably won't pick this pack up, doesn't seem worth it to me.

You'd seriously rather have Gonzo from Sesame Street than a bomberman based on F&LiLV?

I like the Bomberman of Alcatraz. He should be able to call in a swarm of birds for a special attack.

Has anyone actually DL'ed this yet? I'm curious on their thoughts. I also want to know if these new costumes have to be slowly unlocked in the (shudder) single player game.

[quote name='Decker']Has anyone actually DL'ed this yet? I'm curious on their thoughts. I also want to know if these new costumes have to be slowly unlocked in the (shudder) single player game.[/QUOTE]

Just got it for the boys. The costumes are available immediately. The cyclone gimmick is moderately interesting. The Vegas field is OK, but is really nothing different (you can put the things like quicksand, trap doors, cyclones, etc) from the other boards onto it. We didn't try frag mode but that at least changes up the gameplay a bit I would imagine. Condering half-price CC points, it was a decent purchase.

I don't know how anyone could complain that $3.13 is too much for what's included in the DLC pack... It's a fair value.

I hate that it's 250 points. I have 1000 now, so it'll drop me down to 750. Why can't we purchase in 50 point increments?

[quote name='PyroGamer']I dunno, I was thinking about getting this game, but if I'm going to have to spend 1050 just to get all the content... that's alot more than just the 800 points I would have been willing to spend.[/QUOTE]

That's not a good way to think. If the game did not come with enough characters or stages, you might have a point. You could buy the game only for $10 and never need more stuff. If you find yourself wanting more, you have the choice.

I still havent downloaded this yet, I really love bomberman live but just not really interested in the add on yet. Ill probably get it sooner or later.

Bomb Up Pack #2 - 250pts this Wed. 9/12
Secondly, the second Bomberman Live DLC pack will also be released this Wednesday. It is pretty safe to assume that this DLC pack will cost gamers 250 Microsoft Points considering that this was the price of the first one. However, this hasn’t been confirmed and could change. Here is what you will get if buy the second DLC pack.
  • Bomb Shelters
  • 10 new characters
  • 2 arenas — Race Level, and an Dreamland Level
  • 5 Gamer Pics
  • 1 Theme
http://www.xboxic.com/news/3643

Another dlc for bomberman that soon, i just bought 1st pack weeks ago(the day it came out) If it comes with 5 pics and 1 theme I'll buy it.

Bomb Up Pack #2 now due for 9/26...new details:
  • * Ten New Characters – In addition to Destructoid, other new characters include “Bomberella” the cavewoman and “El Bombito” the matador, resulting in countless new ways for players to customize their in-game Bomberman. Other characters include Alien Bomber, Bomb the Fool, Bomberbell, Flower Bomb, Debbie Downer, Bomber X, and Bomb of Doom. Check out the gallery for a first look at the other characters!
  • * Two Additional Levels – New arenas include “Medieval Times,” a level in which bombs and sorcery collide and that allows players to select any gimmick they want, and “Full Tilt,” a level set at a racetrack which features speed circles that dictate how fast players move.
  • * One New Game Mode – “Bomb Shelters” will allow players to hide from explosions in a small, fireproof building.
  • * Two New Leaderboards – Dominate the competition on two new ranking systems on the Xbox LIVE® network. The new leaderboards will track performance on both a weekly and an all-time basis for the speed circle gimmicks on the new “Full Tilt” map.
So what's the damage? The Bomb-Up Pack 2 is expected to around on September 26 and will cost 250 Microsoft Points. Full disclosure: Destructoid does not make a penny on the game, it was an exchange of services for advertising on our site. We're really happy to have Destructoid's first appearance in a video game and hopefully other forward-thinking studios will consider giving us a little cameo in the future. Hey Cliffy, can we sneak Dtoid on a little dirty flyer in Gears?

http://www.destructoid.com/kaboom-h...-on-bomberman-live-expansion-pack-45053.phtml

[quote name='zewone']The inclusion of the Destructoid character is pretty cool.[/quote]

Maybe Cheapy can chat with Hudson and we could have a CheapyD character for DLC# 3...that'd be awesome!

[quote name='SoulReaver']Darn, for a second I thought it was Gonzo from Sesame Street. I probably won't pick this pack up, doesn't seem worth it to me.[/QUOTE]

Not to show my inner nerd, but Gonzo was part of the Muppet troupe, not Sesame Street.

I'm still mad at Destructoid because they ran a phony official Bomberman Live tourney, then just gave away the prizes to their friends.

I've heard of Destructoid but I never visit their site...doesn't seem friendly...they all seem like assholes, and their "destructoid bomberman" doesn't even look like they wanted him to look...

Makes me wonder if there was in fact a deal or if they are just talking shit.

How do I use the costumes? When I save my changes everything looks fine until I try to exit. Then I'm told that I didn't save my character and all changes will be lost. Save again... exit... asks me again... save... exit... and so on. No matter how many times, I still get booted back to the standard bomber.

Nevermind... I had a hunch it had something to do with the fact that I only bought the second pack. I was planning on purchasing the first pack anyway so I did and - when I did - everything functioned fine.

[quote name='seen']stupid question, if i buy pack #2 do i get the original game and pack 1 for free?[/QUOTE]

Why did you ask that in the first place?

lol that was seriosuly fucking funny.

to those who have the packs.

i just got bomberman. do the packs really add a lot to the game? i wont play online a ton if that matters.

That depends. You should get them if you want more characters or levels. The new levels are cool looking, though of course they're kinda badly designed like the old levels. The new game types are good though. And who doesn't like more characters?

I didn't think that Bomb Up pack would hit the light of day since the last announcement didn't come through, but this one comes as an official press release so here's hoping:

REDWOOD SHORES, CA - December 19, 2007 - Hudson Entertainment, the North American publishing arm for Hudson Soft, today announced that they are releasing Bomb-Up Pack 3, the third add-on pack for their "IGN Editor's Choice Award"-winning Bomberman LIVE game for Xbox LIVE Arcade for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. This new add-on pack will add more than a dozen new features, including ten new characters, two additional levels, two new leaderboards, and a brand new game mode. Bomb-Up Pack 3 is expected to launch on December 26 and will cost 250 Microsoft Points.

With these latest additions, players will be able to further enjoy the non-stop, explosive action of Bomberman LIVE in new arenas, including "Cavity Land," a delicious candy land, and the fully-automated assembly lines of "Robot Factory."

"We've enjoyed great success with Bomberman LIVE and all of its additional downloadable content," said John Greiner, President and CEO of Hudson Entertainment. "We strive to give gamers what they want, including tournaments, and providing content via Xbox LIVE is a great way to do so."

This Bomberman LIVE add-on pack will add the following features:

. Ten New Characters - With new characters like "Shinobi Bomb" the ninja and "Bomb2-D2" the robot, players can customize their in-game Bomberman in even more new ways.

. Two Additional Levels - New arenas include "Cavity Land," a sugary sweet candy land, and the industrial "Robot Factory." Both levels allow users to select any gimmick to use.

. One New Game Mode - In "Friendly Fire," there's no place to hide as you race to get the most frags. Players start with the "power bomb" power-up and hard blocks are replaced by holes, leaving nothing to stop explosions, except Bombermen!

. Two New Leaderboards - Gaze down upon the Bomberman masses from atop two new ranking systems on the Xbox LIVE network. The new leaderboards will track performance on both a weekly and an all-time basis for the new "Friendly Fire" game mode.
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/15331/Bomberman-Live-to-Get-BombUp-Pack-3-Next-Wednesday/

I'll place in the top 3 if I enter, so you'd better hope I don't get to enter. :) Sign up is during one of my college classes; it's gonna be close.

[quote name='eastx']I'll place in the top 3 if I enter, so you'd better hope I don't get to enter. :) Sign up is during one of my college classes; it's gonna be close.[/QUOTE]

Are you a subscriber, Paul?

Hey Matt!

Whoa, I hadn't even thought of how you have to be a paying subscriber to enter. That's $6 for a month month subscription, just so I can get in on the tournament... And I hate GameSpot now (thanks to Gerstmann-gate). Damn them!

Argh, and they have Revenge turned on too. What kind of tournament is this, anyway?

No, it's got to be a Total Access account. I checked - the tournaments are an exclusive Total Access member benefit. I went ahead and signed up for one month because I really do want to win this tournament. ;)
I'll be able to sign up right away too, as I got out of class before registration opened.

[quote name='eastx']No, it's got to be a Total Access account. I checked - the tournaments are an exclusive Total Access member benefit. I went ahead and signed up for one month because I really do want to win this tournament. ;)
I'll be able to sign up right away too, as I got out of class before registration opened.[/quote]
Yeah, I just saw that. I find it funny since the Resistance tourney I was in, the grand prize was like $4000 in electronics. Oh well. Good luck!

EDIT: The $4k was for the UTIII, not Resistance. I know the prizes totaled more than $250 a person. Oh well. I knew I saw $4k on that page somewhere. :whistle2:D

Good Luck Eastx. I would join if I didn't have to be a paid subscriber.

And as for Bomberman being boring without revenge, just do not die.

Well, I made it to the second round of the tournament. There will be one round a day through Friday, when the finals take place. The top 3 players per game move on to the next round, then the finals have a single winner and five runners-up.

I thought I was a shoe-in to be the in the top 3 overall players, but I've encountered a problem... Cheating of a sort. In today's match, there was a player short-fusing bombs. Short-fusing is a "strategy" unique to Bomberman Live in which a player lays a bomb, stands on it for two seconds, and then uses the Power Glove to pick it up. When he throws the bomb, it will explode instantly upon landing. So if he throws the bomb on you, or anywhere near you, then you will die. Instantly. That makes Power Glove the single most overpowered item in the game. This evil strategy cannot be done in any other Bomberman game, ever.

"So what? You can short fuse too," you may be thinking. Well, that's like saying it doesn't matter if I use standby in Halo 2 because other people can do it as well. Cheating is cheating. Bomberman is meant to be a strategic multiplayer game, not a race to one particular item and then instant victory.

I've been practicing all week, hardcore, and do you think I got to use any of my strategies in the match? No way. The short fuser, LeapFrog, simply got the Power Glove and killed every player off very soon after the start of each round.
The end results were Leapfrog - 3 wins, me - 1 win (the one time he was unable to get a Power Glove), and everyone else - 0 wins. Is Leapfrog a good player? No way, without the Power Glove he had absolutely no strategy. He simply learned an exploit and never bothered to develop real Bomberman skills.

Now, my question is: does anyone have advice for battling against a short-fuser? Some say you should stay close to him (which seems to expose you to the chance of his bombs landing on you), while others say to stay far away (which prevents you from attacking him, and introduces the chance of him attacking by throwing the bomb off-screen). Yes, I realize I may have to do some short fusing myself if I want to stay competitive. Ugh. But what if I can't get a Power Glove before this guy? I've got to have a strategy worked out. I play against him again Tuesday; hopefully I'll be able to stay in the top 3 and move on. Any advice is appreciated!

Oh, and Dufus is right. The solution to keeping the match entertaining is just to stay alive. With Revenge turned on, the player has to worry about the players outside the ring when he should be focused on the players inside the ring. You can hardly attack the other living players because you have to dodge a ton of shots from the dead players. It is very annoying.

bread's done
Back