XBLA - Bomberman LIVE - 800pts - Bomb Up Pack 3 Now Up

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Any tips for getting the achievement for killing 3+ CPU opponents at once?[/quote]

I did this on the Plunder Island (the pirate island level) with 7 CPU players, start on the outside (so all the power ups are inside) and make sure you get to the power-ups first, if you get the majority you should be fast with fairly powerful bombs and all the CPU players will have no power-ups, killing 3 at once is fairly easy from this point, just drop clusters of bombs where you see a group of bombermen.

[quote name='benjamouth']I did this on the Plunder Island (the pirate island level) with 7 CPU players, start on the outside (so all the power ups are inside) and make sure you get to the power-ups first, if you get the majority you should be fast with fairly powerful bombs and all the CPU players will have no power-ups, killing 3 at once is fairly easy from this point, just drop clusters of bombs where you see a group of bombermen.[/QUOTE]

I'll try that again because that's another setting I tried. I played 3 games, and literally, by the time I even got to the powerups, at least 3 or 4 killed themselves every time. Really annoying.

Anyone up for doing the "Girl Power" achievement sometime this week? Let me know what time's work...we need atleast 4 players with full all-girl outfits.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Anyone up for doing the "Girl Power" achievement sometime this week? Let me know what time's work...we need atleast 4 players with full all-girl outfits.[/QUOTE]

I am down.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Any tips for getting the achievement for killing 3+ CPU opponents at once?[/QUOTE]

This one was cake.

- Zombie match
- classic Bomberman board
- 3 CPU opponents
- Items: turn on everything EXCEPT the power downs and skulls
- turn off destructible items so you can't accidentally blow up the good shit
- Grab the grid(4x4 explosion) bomb and the full fire(gold flame) and it lights up over half of the board. The 130 square one was cake with this as well.

[quote name='CheapyD']Good times everyone!

[/quote]

seriously I can't get this image cheapy posted out of my head.

south_park_wow.jpg

[quote name='mr ryles']got all the achievements except the 60 costumes one. I'm thinking the best way to get it will be playing zombie with 2 minute rounds.[/quote]

I noticed more costume balls drop out with the more power ups you get. are they related or am I imagining this?

[quote name='A Happy Panda']What counts as a full girl outfit? The ballerina stuff?[/quote]
Yes. They are all named after a specific theme and they have a little icon on the bottom right corner indicating wether its male or female outfit.

I can be on shortly at 6pm PST every weekday, otherwise I'll be on after midnight pst every night. Let's setup a time, what works for everyone?

[quote name='dubbfoolio']I noticed more costume balls drop out with the more power ups you get. are they related or am I imagining this?[/quote]
You're imaginating.

I think the easiest way to get costumes is playing Plunder Isle outside with 3 Easy CPUs. Get all the power-ups and the costume ball will drop near the 1 minutes mark. Set the win limit up high. Rinse and repeat.

We should also set something up for the 25 frags in a Zombie match achievement... Oh, and the cowboy one too!

[quote name='shinryuu']You're imaginating.

I think the easiest way to get costumes is playing Plunder Isle outside with 3 Easy CPUs. Get all the power-ups and the costume ball will drop near the 1 minutes mark. Set the win limit up high. Rinse and repeat.[/quote]

QFT. The costume ball will drop at 1:01. And with Plunder Isle, the CPU will attack each other with the weakest bombs. Very easy to stay alive there.

[quote name='io']We should also set something up for the 25 frags in a Zombie match achievement... Oh, and the cowboy one too![/quote]

The 25 frags...will be kinda hard as well...I've gotten up to 18 online...the Cowbowy can be done with a guest, sign on to live, get your guest to jump on with you with Cowboy outfit as well, or in your case your sons and kill each other atleast one and its done.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I tried playing zombie mode with 7 other CPU players with those settings and it wasn't happening. There were only like 2 dangerous bomb powerups in the whole game, and with all the chaos, you only hold onto it for like 10 seconds.[/QUOTE]

You don't need to use zombie mode just turn off all powerups except dangerous bombs and full fire and it's easy.
4 CPU players is enough though.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The 25 frags...will be kinda hard as well...I've gotten up to 18 online...the Cowbowy can be done with a guest, sign on to live, get your guest to jump on with you with Cowboy outfit as well, or in your case your sons and kill each other atleast one and its done.[/QUOTE]

Do the 25 have to be in one game, or one set of games (a match) or just the total over the times you play it? Sounds like the first scenario from what you are saying.

Unfortunately I can't do any of the stuff with my sons because one has a Silver account and the other isn't on Xbox Live at all... My older one would like to get the achievements and I do have a couple of 48-hour codes, so I suppose I could use one on that. But if I do that, I'd want to get him in the girl power match and whatever else he needs to do with other people as well (I already have that one myself).

You can actually have guests online with your gold account, they will show up as Odibee(1), Odibee(2). You just have to have them sign in at the screen before you go online. It's a cool feature of this game that I wish was used more often.

[quote name='porieux']You can actually have guests online with your gold account, they will show up as Odibee(1), Odibee(2). You just have to have them sign in at the screen before you go online. It's a cool feature of this game that I wish was used more often.[/QUOTE]

No way! OK, we'll give that a shot.

Cheapy - I'll try to be on in a minute. My son is playing right now though so that means kicking him off :lol:.

I tried to sign-in with two guests on my Gold account, and it wouldn't let me. I'm assuming it's because I'm currently on a 48-hour trial? (My year sub card is going to get used after all these trials are used up!)

I'll probably be online around 10:45 (CST) if anybody is still online, send me an invite!

[quote name='Rig']I tried to sign-in with two guests on my Gold account, and it wouldn't let me. I'm assuming it's because I'm currently on a 48-hour trial? (My year sub card is going to get used after all these trials are used up!)

I'll probably be online around 10:45 (CST) if anybody is still online, send me an invite![/QUOTE]

48 hour trials don't work with the guest system :(

[quote name='porieux']You can actually have guests online with your gold account, they will show up as Odibee(1), Odibee(2). You just have to have them sign in at the screen before you go online. It's a cool feature of this game that I wish was used more often.[/QUOTE]

OK, I tried to do this and it seems I can get my youngest son on there because he doesn't have an Xbox Live account. My older son cannot join as a guest because, I think, he has a Silver account. It is either that or the child account that is blocking me. It just gives an error when I try to make a private match (or a regular one). When I just do the one without an account it works. Sure, my older son could sign on as a guest, but the point would be both of them want the achievements - they don't want to help ME get them ;). So it looks like I'd have to burn 48-hour codes for them to play. My youngest (4 1/2 years old) hasn't signed up yet, so he'd get the 1 month trial, actually. Maybe I'll do that just for this game since he did tell me he really likes it (his exact words were "I really like Bomberman so it is a good thing you bought it" :rofl:).

But I wish I knew how to do the guest thing earlier - when Cheapy started up that game my youngest was sitting next to me itching to play. I didn't realize (until SirMNL came in with his girlfirend as a guest) that it would work so easily. I wasn't sure how to bring him in like that but I think I've got it figured out now. Next CAG match, if there's extra room, I'll try to get him in there (with no headset so the colorful language can continue ;)).

[quote name='SmellsLikeRandyMossGuy']I never played a Bomberman man, should I start with this or the DS version? I have the DS version sitting in my ... I'll get to it when I am not lazy pile.[/QUOTE]

I was in the same boat - except I have the DS version, the PSP version, and one of the GC ones (Jetters I think). I haven't opened any of them yet. Start with this one, it is a hell of a lot of fun. Actually, I'll probably try one of the others soon just to see how it compares.

[quote name='io']But I wish I knew how to do the guest thing earlier - when Cheapy started up that game my youngest was sitting next to me itching to play. I didn't realize (until SirMNL came in with his girlfirend as a guest) that it would work so easily. I wasn't sure how to bring him in like that but I think I've got it figured out now. Next CAG match, if there's extra room, I'll try to get him in there (with no headset so the colorful language can continue ;)).[/QUOTE]Let me know if you have any luck with that. When I play with a guest, the voice chat switches to TV Speaker output no matter what my settings are. :whistle2:(

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The 25 frags...will be kinda hard as well...I've gotten up to 18 online...[/QUOTE]

Naww, it's easy. Just set the match length to 9 minutes, powerups to indestructible, and everyone will have 25 frags by the end of it. Once each person gets the Achievement, he should stop laying bombs so others can get it.

Bomberman is the game ever. Here is my emo story.

So last night about 12 a.m. 2 chicks show up at my house cause I have a CD for one of them (A girl I have been trying to get with.) They said you got anything fun to do for a hour, after a pause and make sure its not to nerdy I say how about Bomberman. They look at me weird, and say why not, a hour later they love Bomberman, and dont want to leave. Then this chicks car don't start, so she stays over. Next thing I know I love Bomberman even more.

So thank you Bomberman, you helped me get laid.

Anyone up for getting achievements tonight? I'm looking to get the 25 frags, all-girl, and cowboy achievements. If anyone would like to lend some assistance let me know!

[quote name='Logg']Bomberman is the game ever. Here is my emo story.

So last night about 12 a.m. 2 chicks show up at my house cause I have a CD for one of them (A girl I have been trying to get with.) They said you got anything fun to do for a hour, after a pause and make sure its not to nerdy I say how about Bomberman. They look at me weird, and say why not, a hour later they love Bomberman, and dont want to leave. Then this chicks car don't start, so she stays over. Next thing I know I love Bomberman even more.

So thank you Bomberman, you helped me get laid.[/quote]
Wah..! So you had a threesome thanks to Bombmerman!?

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Anyone up for getting achievements tonight? I'm looking to get the 25 frags, all-girl, and cowboy achievements. If anyone would like to lend some assistance let me know![/quote]

What time? I can be on from 6-6:30pm PST or from 12am to about 1am PST

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Wah..! So you had a threesome thanks to Bombmerman!?

What time? I can be on from 6-6:30pm PST or from 12am to about 1am PST[/QUOTE]

I think I tried adding you the other day, but your list is full. You're just too popular.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Let me know if you have any luck with that. When I play with a guest, the voice chat switches to TV Speaker output no matter what my settings are. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Ah, yes, I noticed that as well. It even happens when I can't get the second person in. My son was logged in and didn't join the game and the voices still came out of the speakers. I just had to mute the TV. Didn't need my whole family hearing Cheapy et al ;).

I'm up for trying tonight at 12am-1am Pacific Linkin (and Panda). I just need the 25 frag one, but I'll help with the others. I have you both on my FL, so I could host I guess.

[quote name='io']Ah, yes, I noticed that as well. It even happens when I can't get the second person in. My son was logged in and didn't join the game and the voices still came out of the speakers. I just had to mute the TV. Didn't need my whole family hearing Cheapy et al ;).

I'm up for trying tonight at 12am-1am Pacific Linkin (and Panda). I just need the 25 frag one, but I'll help with the others. I have you both on my FL, so I could host I guess.[/QUOTE]

Good good. That's usually the time I get on my 360 whenever I do (which is rare now cause of work)

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I think I tried adding you the other day, but your list is full. You're just too popular.[/quote]
Oops sorry...Kicked someone off and sent you an invite.

I should be on tonight if sporting my girly outfit ;)

I have no one on my friends list because i'm an introverted loser.

Here's my gamertag, for other introverted losers... deddhorse

I found a really old xbox starter kit and was surprised to find that the 12-month card worked like a charm. I'm up for a bomberman match anytime.

[quote name='Logg']Only one girl but yes its cause of Bomberman I am pretty sure.[/QUOTE]

Nice going. There really should be an Achievement for that :lol:

Has anyone had a glitch where there is an "extra" bomberman when there isn't supposed to be one and the game still goes? Its happened to be about 3 times already and I have no clue how to get rid of it. It's also annoying since people are in the lobby while I'm in the game. Perhaps it's because of the suicide cart? Or what? Anyone? =p

[quote name='eastx']Naww, it's easy. Just set the match length to 9 minutes, powerups to indestructible, and everyone will have 25 frags by the end of it. Once each person gets the Achievement, he should stop laying bombs so others can get it.[/quote]

This is how I got my achievement earlier. There were only three of us (random people) and I ended with 27 or so kills.

I think the only other (easy) achievement I need is the "Girl Power" one.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']io and LP - I'll be on closer to 1 AM, hope you guys are still up.[/quote]

Whew...that works because I'm running late.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Whew...that works because I'm running late.[/QUOTE]

I'm around - just CAGing and thinking about working and downloading some of the new demos on the 360. So if I don't respond on the 360, PM me via CAG ;).

CheapyD suggested making more CAG gamer nights. How about a Bomberman night. So what time and day of the week should we have?

I was just wondering, when does most CAG members play the game online? I had bad luck with other forum playing online (no one showed up), so I was wondering (I already have many CAG members on my buddy list anyway, so I'd probably just join with them).

Thanks.

I know i've won over 15 matches again 3+ local cpu players. Do I need to have default settings on or something? I can't seem to get this achievement!

[quote name='gamcreator']I know i've won over 15 matches again 3+ local cpu players. Do I need to have default settings on or something? I can't seem to get this achievement![/quote]

Default settings don't have to be on. Not sure why you wouldn't have received it though.

Okay, I WANT the "Girl Power" achievement (I have stated that before).

Looking for three people to put on their dresses and play me tonight. I can prbably play anytime from 10:00 PM - 2:00 AM, CST.

[quote name='Rig']Default settings don't have to be on. Not sure why you wouldn't have received it though.

Okay, I WANT the "Girl Power" achievement (I have stated that before).

Looking for three people to put on their dresses and play me tonight. I can prbably play anytime from 10:00 PM - 2:00 AM, CST.[/QUOTE]

I need that one also, feel free to add me. I'll probably be on around starting around 11-12 PM EST if you want to do it tonight.

[quote name='GenDV138']I need that one also, feel free to add me. I'll probably be on around starting around 11-12 PM EST if you want to do it tonight.[/QUOTE]

i want that achievment also, feel free to add me too, i'll be on around 11 est as well. i also need the frag achievment if you guys want to help me.

[quote name='Milkyman']i want that achievment also, feel free to add me too, i'll be on around 11 est as well. i also need the frag achievment if you guys want to help me.[/quote]

Okay, so I'll add people around 10:00 (my time...11:00 EST) to get that one done. Still need (at least) one more.

I don't need the frag achievement, but I have no problem helping you get it.

bread's done
Back