XBLA - Bomberman LIVE - 800pts - Bomb Up Pack 3 Now Up

[quote name='dubbfoolio']no worries I found a game with a bunch of CAGs including Cheapy himself. I'll be looking to play with you next time though for sure. It's difficult inviting people right now for sure because people flood in.

holy crap I already got my money's worth. and somehow it became 1am. definitely worth $10 to play bomberman on XBL.[/quote]

I didn't know you were a CAG, I'll resend a FR, I just hate all the random weird people that add you just cause you played w' em once.

good game though. :D

[quote name='musicnoteless']:rofl: that was a good game. We need more Amish people in shorts.[/QUOTE]

OK, so who is that? Looks like Cheapy there in second place...

Hmm, having never really played a Bomberman before, I'm tempted by this. The impression that CAGs will be playing this for a while in the future? Anyone interested in destroying me at it later tonight? ;)

gah, can't sleep...might as well play a few rounds heh. Is it sad that after playing it for a few hours yesterday that when I would go to type, the keys looked like the stone blocks, wondering which one to duck around? lol

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I'm sure this has been answered somewhere in these 10 pages, but can you have guests locally play with you on Live?[/QUOTE]YES, I was overjoyed when I saw that this feature was in! Just select Xbox Live from the main menu and then select "Player Match," then you get a screen asking you to add any additional local players before you move on to the actual matchmaking (I haven't tried RANKED, but I'm just assuming you can't have local guests in a ranked match).

So yes, you CAN have four people on one Xbox in a Live match, very very nice!!! :D I really wish more games would do that!

How do you get that to work? When I tried to have my uncle join in a game last night, a screen pops up asking me to log in another profile or something. I press A and my Gamertag shows up as a ghosted form, but when I press B to back out, it still doesn't allow a second person to join.

[quote name='ZForce']How do you get that to work? When I tried to have my uncle join in a game last night, a screen pops up asking me to log in another profile or something. I press A and my Gamertag shows up as a ghosted form, but when I press B to back out, it still doesn't allow a second person to join.[/QUOTE]A lot of games insist on having a separate gamer profile for each player. Just make some dummy profiles in the dashboard (don't worry, they won't need Live accounts or anything like that). I made three extra profiles and just called them "Playa 2," "Playa 3," and "Playa 4."

Now when that screen pops up, there should be extra profiles available for any other local players.

Morning people,

I added a few people here to my list...CheapyD denied me, lol....no worries. Hopefully you guys are gonna play later on today.

I love the core gameplay, but does the online component here just kind of... suck? Are there options for reserved seats? No way to kick laggers mid-game? And if someone doesn't press the A button after a round, you just have to wait for them - no forced start that I have seen. And it's already been said, but you have to rebuild the room and re-invite to change anything, including the map.

Ah well, at least it's Bomberman. Good times have been had by all.

Is this solely focused on online or is there single-player/tutorial stuff here as well? I've never played a Bomberman game before, so I wanna stay in single-player first before jumping online. I take it this is the best introduction to the series?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Is this solely focused on online or is there single-player/tutorial stuff here as well? I've never played a Bomberman game before, so I wanna stay in single-player first before jumping online. I take it this is the best introduction to the series?[/quote]

There is SP game which is the same as online but you can go at it with 3-7 CPU players and you can choose their diffculty, game type, maps and item availability along with other settings. Its a good way to train for online matches.

There's this one level that I just played on Live that is crazy. If you leave your play time on too long, you're gonna get into deep water. I wish there was a way to turn it off in the randomizer.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Is this solely focused on online or is there single-player/tutorial stuff here as well? I've never played a Bomberman game before, so I wanna stay in single-player first before jumping online.[/QUOTE]Yeah like Linkin said, single player is a "botmatch" basically. No "story mode" per se but you've still got all those costume pieces to unlock.[quote name='CokeCola']And it's already been said, but you have to rebuild the room and re-invite to change anything, including the map.[/QUOTE]You can at least cycle through the stages. Not sure how much control you have over it, but somewhere in the match options you can set whether you want it to stick with one stage or have a different stage each round. It's definitely in there because last night I was in a room where each round started on a different stage.

[quote name='KingBroly']How do you get the XBL vision thing up anyway? I've seen it happen a couple of times but don't know how.[/quote]

It's in the options menu.

Anyone notice this game has a downloadable content icon? I am wondering what they could possibly add to this game. Besides changing settings without booting the room and having to restart.

[quote name='KingBroly']Not that. I mean where you have this picture in picture effect.[/QUOTE]You have to go into options and Save a picture. At the end of the match it will show that picture instead of showing the Bomberman dude. Unless you come in first place, in which case you get the Live video feed in the center.

I was playing a lot of local co-op last night and I noticed that the game tries to show you what costume pieces you unlocked from the game that just ended but it flashes by in less then a blink. I'm sure that will have to get patched up as well.

Its an awesome game nontheless this and Worms, best XBLA titles ever!!!

[quote name='KingBroly']Anyone notice this game has a downloadable content icon? I am wondering what they could possibly add to this game. Besides changing settings without booting the room and having to restart.[/QUOTE]Yup, DLC was actually confirmed a while ago. It's been a while since it's been discussed in this thread though so I'll quote an old post:
[quote name='Wolve11']I speak Dutch so I'll translate:

1st Add-on Pack 30 Days after XBLA release:

1 New Game Mode - Most Frags Mode
2 New Arenas - Air Ship and a Las Vegas level
10 new Characters
5 Gamerpics
1 Theme

2nd Add-on Pack 60 Days after XBLA release:

Bomb Shelters (probably is a new map since it isn't descibing anything)
10 new Characters
2 New Arenas - Race Level and a Dream Land level
5 Gamerpics
1 Theme

3rd Add-on Pack 90 Days after XBLA release:

2 New Arenas - Candy World and Inferno
10 New Characters
5 Gamerpics
1 Theme

Okay so I guess you guys had already figured out what it all meant.......but I like translating into English from Dutch for your cheapasses.[/QUOTE]I believe it's been said that the first add-on pack is supposed to be free, but don't quote me on that.

I wish there was a traditional single player mode with different monsters, etc. but I guess this is more like the unreal tournament of bomberman.

How many different unlockables are there? More than what's listed as locked in the trial?

[quote name='Cyb3-rr']I wish there was a traditional single player mode with different monsters, etc. but I guess this is more like the unreal tournament of bomberman.

How many different unlockables are there? More than what's listed as locked in the trial?[/QUOTE]

I think there are 70 pieces which like a couple thousand total different outfits or so they say.

Anyone (East X??) have detailed info on the powerups in this game? There's a few that I'm not familiar with.

Also, what kind of poison system does this version use? Do the effects remain until you grab another powerup, or are they timed? Can you "infect" other players by touching them (I believe this was present in Atomic Bomberman for PC)?

[quote name='BustaUppa']Anyone (East X??) have detailed info on the powerups in this game? There's a few that I'm not familiar with.

Also, what kind of poison system does this version use? Do the effects remain until you grab another powerup, or are they timed? Can you "infect" other players by touching them (I believe this was present in Atomic Bomberman for PC)?[/quote]

fireup.jpg

Fire-Up
– Increases the bomb blast range by one level. Maxes out after 5 pickups.

speedup.jpg

Speed-Up
– Increases movement speed by one level. Maxes out after 4 pickups.

bombup.jpg

Bomb-Up
– Increases bomb count by one. Maxes out after 7 pickups.

fullfire.jpg

Full Fire
– Upgrades bomb blast to the highest level on all bombs.

bombpunch.jpg

Bomb Punch
– Punch any bomb in your path with the X button.

bombkick.jpg

Bomb Kick
– Kick any bomb by running into it. Stop it by pressing the RT button.

powerglove.jpg

Power Glove
– Plant a bomb, pick it up and throw it with the A button.

linebomb.jpg

Line Bomb
– Drop all bombs in a row at once with the X button.

powerbomb.jpg

Power Bomb
– The first bomb you plant has maximized fire power.

devastatingbomb.jpg

Dangerous Bomb
– The blast expands in a square. Upgrade it by collecting Fire-Ups.

passthroughbomb.jpg

Pass-Through Bomb
– Blast penetrates soft blocks.

remotebomb.jpg

Remote Bomb
– Detonate bombs with a press of the B button.

landmine.jpg

Land Mine Bomb
– The first planted bomb hides in the ground.

speeddown.jpg

Speed-Down
– Decreases walking speed by one level. Will never hit zero.

firedown.jpg

Fire-Down
– Decreases blast range by one level. Will never hit zero.

bombdown.jpg

Bomb-Down
– Decreases bomb count by one. Will never hit zero.

skulls.jpg
In addition to power-ups and power-downs, there are also Skulls, which cause one random state of six illnesses.

Invisibility – You become invisible to everyone, including yourself.
Bombherrhea – You uncontrollably drop bombs with perilous abandon!
Super Fast/Slow – You move incredibly fast or agonizingly slow.

Fast/Slow Detonation – Your bombs prematurely detonate, or take seemingly forever to go off.
Found them at the official site, all kinds of great info there: http://www.hudsonent.com/gamedetail.php?game_id=75&console=1

I'll add these to the OP

EDIT:
remotebomb.jpg
Note the actual icon ingame does not look like this for the remote bombs. It looks more like a mechanical bomb.

I'm gonna create a game in a few hours with just Full Fire and Dangerous Bomb.

I'll also create a 1 minute match to 9 with that empty map I talked about earlier. That should be a good way to an easy achievement...maybe.

[quote name='nyyanksfan20']Sorry if this was already asked, but can you have multiple people go on XBL from one 360?[/QUOTE]Yup, after you select "Player Match" you'll be prompted to have any additional local players join in. Just make sure you have extra profiles ready for the additional players (you can just set up dummy profiles with no Live accounts).

Whoa thanks for the powerup list Linkin. Very nice!

btw I'm assuming you can only have one special bomb at a time? Like if you get the Spike Bomb it'll override the P-Bomb you already had, right? And in all cases it is just the first bomb placed each cycle that gets the special effect, correct?

Hey picked this up yesterday. Best XBOX live game ever. 10 Player support would be awesome though.
If you check out the july 18th episode of Achievment Junkie(Which apparently has more listeners than the CAGCAST =)), Joel Breton discusses downloadable content and the possibility of more players on screen. check it out.
Hope to see you guys on.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Whoa thanks for the powerup list Linkin. Very nice!

btw I'm assuming you can only have one special bomb at a time? Like if you get the Spike Bomb it'll override the P-Bomb you already had, right? And in all cases it is just the first bomb placed each cycle that gets the special effect, correct?[/quote]

You are correct.

Speaking of Achievements...I'm looking at Completely Unstoppable. Do you have to get online achievements just by doing ANY match under Xbox Live, or does it have to be ranked or player? I.E. no achievement through a private match.

Had a great time with the CAG crew yesterday. Invite me next time we're all on too, will ya? :)

Oh, and 8-players is plenty. I'd ask for more items or options before I worried about 2 extra players in a game that's already very hectic.

[quote name='eastx']Had a great time with the CAG crew yesterday. Invite me next time we're all on too, will ya? :)

Oh, and 8-players is plenty. I'd ask for more items or options before I worried about 2 extra players in a game that's already very hectic.[/quote]

I wanted to play in your tournament on launch day, but I was in the middle of a game, and I was dead tired. I do want to get in some matches with ya. Want to take some pointers from the Bomberman pro ;)

[quote name='KingBroly']Anyone up for the Good, the Bad, and the Bombed achievement?[/quote]

If you're on late night (11-2amPT), I'm game. I also want to get the achievement of the all girl online battle.

I don't even think I have any girl outfit ones.

I'm gonna try and get this 25 Zombie frag achievement now.

EDIT: Maybe not..

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Want to take some pointers from the Bomberman pro ;)[/QUOTE]

No kidding, EastX owned us like nobody's business yesterday. Man, you got some Bomberskills.

I wish this game had the Timer Bomb where you get to choose when to set it off. That was so awesome in Bomberman 93!

bread's done
Back