XBLA - Mega Man 9 - 800pts

[quote name='pimpinc333']Can't wait for this. I wonder if I should pop open MM Anniversary Collection and play it from the beginning.[/QUOTE]

I played 1-6 last month. I'm looking forward to 9, but I'm onboard with the Wii version and the Classic Controller's D-pad. Plus I have the MM Collection on Gamecube, so 9 will be right at home on the Wii.

Normally achievements would play a factor in determining which version but the ones listed for MM9 are fucking insane. Made the choice quite easy.

[quote name='Corvin']I played 1-6 last month. I'm looking forward to 9, but I'm onboard with the Wii version and the Classic Controller's D-pad. Plus I have the MM Collection on Gamecube, so 9 will be right at home on the Wii.

Normally achievements would play a factor in determining which version but the ones listed for MM9 are fucking insane. Made the choice quite easy.[/quote]

They have Mega Man Collection on the gamecube??... now since my PS2 copy won't play on my PS3... i should go buy the gamecube version to play on the wii...

will the wii controller turned sideways work for the MM collection ? or do i need the gamecube controller... or could i buy that d-pad controller and use it.... my interest is up now

EDIT: I see they have the XBox version... will this game work on the 360?

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Don't you fucking dare buy MMAC on the Cube.

The jump and shoot controls are reversed, and it's just terrible.[/quote]

ok well, if i buy the xbox one will it work on my 360?

or will the ps3 ever have software emulation that lets my current ps2 copy work haha

[quote name='DestroVega']They have Mega Man Collection on the gamecube??... now since my PS2 copy won't play on my PS3... i should go buy the gamecube version to play on the wii...

will the wii controller turned sideways work for the MM collection ? or do i need the gamecube controller... or could i buy that d-pad controller and use it.... my interest is up now

EDIT: I see they have the XBox version... will this game work on the 360?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is bc. I just played on my 360.

[quote name='soccerstud652']Yes, it is bc. I just played on my 360.[/quote]

ok cool, I'm gonna hope to pick it up used somewhere.

I couldn't help myelf, I got it for the Wii. Only played about 5 minutes before I had to go to work. And yep, it's definatly Mega Man.

[quote name='Rodimus']I couldn't help myelf, I got it for the Wii. Only played about 5 minutes before I had to go to work. And yep, it's definatly Mega Man.[/QUOTE]

According to vgchartz.com, the Wii version sold 60k unit in it's first day. Which is astounding for a wiiware title, and a good move by Nintendo to get this game a few days earlier then everyone else.

Sure was. If my wifi on wii wasn't bad I woulda bought it there. I can't wait for the game next week on Live but I really hate what Capcom is doing with the DLC.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']According to vgchartz.com, the Wii version sold 60k unit in it's first day. Which is astounding for a wiiware title, and a good move by Nintendo to get this game a few days earlier then everyone else.[/QUOTE]

Damn! Doesn't that put every game on XBLA & PSN to shame? First day? That's amazing. A half million in sales on a $10 game. The other two versions haven't even been released, but I think we are all but guaranteed a MM10 in the future.

If those number are right then that's defiantly good news for the Mega Man franchise, and hopefully the start of a new trend. I'm sure it'll sell like hot-cakes on XBLA & PSN.

Played some more of it and just to give everyone that hasn't played it yet a heads up - this game is challenging. Either that or my old-school Mega Man skills are rusty. I love this game, I feel like I'm 6 years old again.

[quote name='ryosnk']Would anyone know when the press kits might go on sale?[/quote]

I really hope someone finds this out, I want one badly.

[quote name='Scorch']I really hope someone finds this out, I want one badly.[/quote]

I would barter two of your kidneys for the awesome case and price sticker. :drool:

I just beat the Wii-Ware version and I would've gladly paid more money for it. Anybody waiting for the XBLA version will not be disappointed.

I thought I would miss the "Power Shot" and "Slide" but I didn't since the game never requires them. And because you don't have the "Power Shot" the player is more likely to switch their other robot weapons. All of them are useful at some point and not just against other bosses. This become Apperant when doing "Time Attacks"

[quote name='KingBroly']I don't think any sane person can beat Mega Man 9 without getting hit.[/quote]

But what's more crazy is that some loon will actually do it.

[quote name='Mrcapcom']And people say there is no megaman fan base...[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:k

Who says that? They put out a half dozen Mega Man games a year. Surely someone buys them.

[quote name='Corvin']:whistle2:k

Who says that? They put out a half dozen Mega Man games a year. Surely someone buys them.[/quote]

Everytime I see a battle network series or starforce series come out i hear people bashing mega man. I think at one point infunane (might have spelled his name wrong sorry) said that the fanbase was getting smaller thats why they have been very picky on what they release next. If everyone wasnt crying for OG MM they wouldnt have made it.

The IGN review mentions that the 360 graphics are smoother and not so NES-like. But... does it run 16x9? I would prefer the fake 8-bit flicker on Wii but if I have the option to play this game in a 16x9 ratio, I'd much rather have that.

9 from TeamXbox:
When it comes to recommending Mega Man 9, it’s truly a know-who-you-are affair. Those that cringe at the site of the arcade or 8-bit style of games on XBLA need to stay far, far away from Mega Man 9; the difficulty and overall replay value will not sit well with you. But for those that are simply in love with the Mega Man IP, or those that continually pull out the NES for old time’s sake, Mega Man 9 is one is a rare treat– a tasty morsel likened to the decades-later discovery of a previously unreleased recording from Zeppelin, or similar rock gods.
http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1579/Mega-Man-9/p1/

[quote name='Young Deezy']Won't buy it if it is 800.[/quote]

The Wii and PSN price is $10...800pts = $10. The only reason why I have the question mark there its because it hasn't been officially confirmed.

[quote name='Unassuming Local Guy']The IGN review mentions that the 360 graphics are smoother and not so NES-like. But... does it run 16x9? I would prefer the fake 8-bit flicker on Wii but if I have the option to play this game in a 16x9 ratio, I'd much rather have that.[/QUOTE]

A funtional D-pad should be the only deciding factor for which version to get.

I started playing Mega Man collection last night to prep myself for 9. Got to the middle of Iceman's stage on MM1 before I realized I'm not as hard core as I use to be. :D I finished it up this afternoon while the kids were napping and I'll be moving on to 2 tonight.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']I started playing Mega Man collection last night to prep myself for 9. Got to the middle of Iceman's stage on MM1 before I realized I'm not as hard core as I use to be. :D I finished it up this afternoon while the kids were napping and I'll be moving on to 2 tonight.[/QUOTE]

I think this is the sad realization that hits most of us at some point. Games I use to crush, now I get halfway through and I'm stuck. The biggest difference may be that I don't have the patience I use to. If I screw up a section 5 times, I'm off to gamefaqs, and usually, after another 5 tries, the game is on the shelf and I'm playing something new. Not sure if I'm not hardcore enough, or if I just have too many games now.

Major Nelson announced that War World is coming out this week for 800 points but made no mention of this releasing. Is it still coming or did Capcom announce the date without confirming with MS?

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']I started playing Mega Man collection last night to prep myself for 9. Got to the middle of Iceman's stage on MM1 before I realized I'm not as hard core as I use to be. :D I finished it up this afternoon while the kids were napping and I'll be moving on to 2 tonight.[/quote]

It'll come back. I started MM9 and my ol' Mega Man skills kicked back in after a few boss fights. Once you can beat one boss it's all down hill.

May I suggest tackling Hornet Man first. His level is a little tough but his weapon is probably one of the best in the entire franchise. When you get it you'll see what I mean. That's another thing I love about this game. All the weapons are useful but diffrent.

[quote name='JDUB X']Major Nelson announced that War World is coming out this week for 800 points but made no mention of this releasing. Is it still coming or did Capcom announce the date without confirming with MS?[/quote]

Personally, I think it's Microsoft sitting on it's hands, while the maintenance is going on.

Notice that GamerscoreBlog.com hasn't posted the weeks Arcade games yet. Generally, they're the first word on all arcade "media blast", and Nelso just follows up with a repost of what they said. They're always more detailed, and are the most reliable. They're the ones that report n DLC releases on Mondays, as well, when the Major either never mentions DLC, or only speaks of it on Wednesday post.

So, yeah. After all this stupid maintenance is over, maybe we can see what's fully releasing. Think of it as Major giving us the appetizer, and GSB gives us the main course! :)

Edit: Well, GSB has Confirmed War World. And yet, still no mention of Mega Man 9... ergh. This is quite weird. Well, we shall see what happens!

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope this comes out soon on XBLA, I'm tired of playing the demo on my PS3. I'd rather spend some of my points stockpile than spend $10 on it.

Just to Extra-Solidify it all...

From Nelson's Twitter, about an hour old:

• I am on the road right now, but I just got word Mega Man 9 is coming to Arcade tomorrow.
And also, confirmation on Gamerscoreblog.

I still think it's kinda goofy that it takes this much work for Microsoft to confirm these things within their own corporate umbrella, and I think it's something of a disservice to Capcom and the Fans, but I'm glad this is all starting to clear up before Wednesday itself.

Ooo, guess I'm gonna have to put DMC4 on hold for this here in a few hours. Capcom, you know how to win my heart...

What exact time do Live Arcade games get updated anyhow...or is it a set schedule at all?

[quote name='Megaten']Ooo, guess I'm gonna have to put DMC4 on hold for this here in a few hours. Capcom, you know how to win my heart...

What exact time do Live Arcade games get updated anyhow...or is it a set schedule at all?[/quote]

1am PST or shortly after.

Damn it! :bomb:

I have 760 Microsoft Points, and need 40 more for this. Why couldn't I have won one more of those Rock Band tracks?!

EDIT: It's up now. I'm downloading. Had to bite the bullet and buy 500 points from the console. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
So I just got the Speed Metal challenge from Plug Man's stage.....

Now I'm no super god and can get through all the disappearing blocks without stopping to wait for more blocks to appear, so this is quite interesting.

bread's done
Back