XBLA - Mega Man 9 - 800pts

[quote name='danked']PS Why they didn't make it like the 16bit X series I will never know, but maybe they still hope for more megaman ....[/quote]

Fans have been begging for a continuation of the orginal series & Mega Man 7 (the only 16-bit MM game of the OG series) doesn't carry as much love as the NES versions, They wanted to cater to our memories and frankly not many people remember MM7. Even if they did make it 16-bit people would still bitch & moan about it not being 32-bit.

Still, I'm glad most people are enjoying this. It's such a fun game. My biggest gripe is I think all the DLC should be free.

[quote name='KingBroly']I hope most of you guys know that Concrete Man's stage is the 2nd toughest stage in the game, arguably the first (I think Jewel Man's stage is tougher myself). [/QUOTE]

What? I can fly through Concrete man's stage without taking a hit. Tornado man and Magma man have the hardest stages imo (Magma man also being the most difficult boss).

I'm trying to complete all the non-crazy challenges (basically not Mr. Perfect) and twice now I've made a stupid mistake and hit a spike in the 3rd stage of Wily's Castle, ruining my no death run. Need more practice on the Final boss too, as I can't beat him without using a tank.

Out of curiosity, where do people like to start for the kill order? I know everyone says Galaxy man is the easiest, but I hate fighting him since he flies most of the time. Hornet man is my preferred start point, and his weapon is useful for the rest of the game too.

[quote name='I_Am_ProZac']Out of curiosity, where do people like to start for the kill order? I know everyone says Galaxy man is the easiest, but I hate fighting him since he flies most of the time. Hornet man is my preferred start point, and his weapon is useful for the rest of the game too.[/quote]

I also start out with Hornet man. His stage is medium difficulty but he's an easy boss with just the Mega Buster. Plus his weapon is very useful.

[quote name='Rodimus']I also start out with Hornet man. His stage is medium difficulty but he's an easy boss with just the Mega Buster. Plus his weapon is very useful.[/quote]

I started out with Splash Woman and then moved on to Concrete Man, then Galaxy Man. I have no idea why I chose that order but I lucked out because each of the weapons I got worked against the next boss I faced.

I took out Galaxy first. I just beat Splash Woman and her level is by far the easiest IMO. There is only one tricky part with jumping on vanishing platforms; but otherwise really easy. As a boss, she is not too bad -- her pattern is predictable and her tridents are easy to dodge when running fast. The only time I lost health was when the goldfish hit me from behind.

Hornet man next? I have been struggling with his level.

yeah I started with splash woman she was by far the easiest stage the others are just friggin hard. I think I got through a good part of hornet mans though
that stupid leaf with the 8 platforms drives me nuts >_<

I started with Galaxy and then Jewel Man...
and was happy to find I got the pattern right by sheer accident

Galaxy Man is easily beaten with the Mega Buster. I'd probably go with Splash Woman afterwards. She had a pretty easy level.

[quote name='UjnHunter']woot woot! got Mega Man 9 last night for my Wii! it kicks my ass! ;)[/QUOTE]

Is the Wii version in 16x9?

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']This game is honestly not that hard.[/QUOTE]
It is compared to the MM games people are most familiar with - ie 2 & 3. That's why it's a prominent topic.

My MM wasnt in 6x9 maybe i gotta resetup my 360? I used the one I got back form service... Anywho I took out Galaxy man first I tired Hornet Dude but I that flower and the rotating flowers kept getting me. I tried Concrete man and the stupid elephant kept pwning me lol After that I put the controller down and took some aspirin. Got the gamerpic though!

[quote name='Mrcapcom']My MM wasnt in 6x9 maybe i gotta resetup my 360? I used the one I got back form service... Anywho I took out Galaxy man first I tired Hornet Dude but I that flower and the rotating flowers kept getting me. I tried Concrete man and the stupid elephant kept pwning me lol After that I put the controller down and took some aspirin. Got the gamerpic though![/QUOTE]

The elephants are definitely a pain at first. That third one isn't too hard once you get it down...stand on the larger middle platform, jump over the ball (preferably straight up to avoid going into a pit on accident), land 2 or 3 shots, then start running away when the vaccum pulls you in...your jump lasts long enough to make it over the ball on its way back if you time it right. Land a shot or two if you can before the ball comes at you again, then repeat. Should only take 3 or 4 repeats.

[quote name='KaneRobot']The elephants are definitely a pain at first. That third one isn't too hard once you get it down...stand on the larger middle platform, jump over the ball (preferably straight up to avoid going into a pit on accident), land 2 or 3 shots, then start running away when the vaccum pulls you in...your jump lasts long enough to make it over the ball on its way back if you time it right. Land a shot or two if you can before the ball comes at you again, then repeat. Should only take 3 or 4 repeats.[/quote]

Or you can just bumrush him by jumping onto the platform right in front of him and blasting the crap out of hum. His first vacuum pull will hit you but you can then just keep blasting and he will die pretty quickly.

I took out Splash Woman first (very easy) then Concrete Man (who's a breeze with the trident weapon).

I just beat Hornet Man now. Games great so far.

I'm on the 3rd level of Wily's Castle now, the dev team did an awesome job making sure you use every damn weapon as you go through each Wily level, and not just to surpass gaps, we're talking killing enemies and even minor enemies and subbosses having some noticeable effect against some weapons (like the Dragon losing it's flame body is you use Tornado Wind).

By the time I reach the end of a single Wily stage, my weapons are nearly depleted, and they don't recharge between Wily stages, I have to hunt for powerups (although admittedly, there's definitely some noticeable spots that are good for harvesting using the Gem Shield).

~HotShotX

In Jewel Man's level, how the fuck do you get past the swinging platform with spikes all around you? I can't figure out how to swing it just right and be able to drop through the hole on the bottom

[quote name='fart_bubble']In Jewel Man's level, how the fuck do you get past the swinging platform with spikes all around you? I can't figure out how to swing it just right and be able to drop through the hole on the bottom[/QUOTE]

You need to swing the platform to the left or right while you are on the side near the hole then just fall jump down. I'm sure that explanation didn't help you at all. :) It's a bit tricky but I managed to do it my first time.

[quote name='pimpinc333']You need to swing the platform to the left or right while you are on the side near the hole then just fall jump down. I'm sure that explanation didn't help you at all. :) It's a bit tricky but I managed to do it my first time.[/QUOTE]

I've wasted a good 15 lives just on just that part. Sucks too as its the only level I have left.

Also, anyone knows what the new costume looks like that you can buy in the shop?

Beat the game just now. Wonderfull stuff, and I'm a sucker for the Challenges, so it's gonna keep me busy for a while.

The 200 point costume (in the shop) is for Roll. She gets a stripe on her dress, or some overpriced crap like that. The 20 point item removes Mega Man's helmet. 20 more points will put the helmet back on.

You also take more damage with the helmet off. If you have it off and then die he gets it back. So there's really no need to buy it back.

Roll's alternative dress kinda looks like her MvC outfit.

[quote name='Rig']Beat the game just now. Wonderfull stuff, and I'm a sucker for the Challenges, so it's gonna keep me busy for a while.

The 200 point costume (in the shop) is for Roll. She gets a stripe on her dress, or some overpriced crap like that.[/QUOTE]

wow, that does sound like a waste

[quote name='Rodimus']You also take more damage with the helmet off. If you have it off and then die he gets it back. So there's really no need to buy it back.

Roll's alternative dress kinda looks like her MvC outfit.[/QUOTE]

There is a challenge that you can get if you beat 3 stages without a helmet

[quote name='Dynasty1756']Hmm do you think this game is worth downloading?

I love the Mega Man series and im debating if i should get this game or not[/QUOTE]

Yes? Don't know how you want me to answer that question. But IMO, I think this ranks just below MM2 in quality.

[quote name='Rodimus']You also take more damage with the helmet off. If you have it off and then die he gets it back. So there's really no need to buy it back.
[/quote]

Didn't actually know that. Guess the only worthwhile part is for the Challenge then. (That, and bragging rights, I suppose.)

[quote name='Rig']Didn't actually know that. Guess the only worthwhile part is for the Challenge then. (That, and bragging rights, I suppose.)[/quote]

I learned the hard way. I bought the "non-helmet" look and realized I died pretty quickly. At first I thought the game was just hella hard, but later got the notion I was taking damage like a b*tch.

I loved Galaxy Man's stage. It kind of reminded me of the moon stage in Duck Tales. I am not digging those damn flying scissors, however.

Well, I finally cleared all the robot master levels without taking damage. I don't know if I'll ever be able to get through the Wily stages for the "Mr. Perfect" challenge, though (but it's not gonna keep me from trying).

I love the music in this game. Capcom nailed it--from the four channel sound engine to the musical composition, it sounds like it came out right out of 1988.

[quote name='Nex Antonius']I loved Galaxy Man's stage. It kind of reminded me of the moon stage in Duck Tales. I am not digging those damn flying scissors, however.[/QUOTE]

Whoa. Speaking of that awesome game called Duck Tales, I think it would be cool to bring it to the XBLA. I used to love that game when I was young.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Whoa. Speaking of that awesome game called Duck Tales, I think it would be cool to bring it to the XBLA. I used to love that game when I was young.[/quote]

They would have to make a new one and make it a lot harder... my mom bought me that game for my birthday when it came out and I beat it in like 90 mins... she was pissed.

Darkwing Duck was harder though, I don't think I was ever able to beat the final boss.

might have but can't recall.

I just don't know if I can justify that 800pts for this game. I wish they revamped it like Bionic Commando. I think I am now over old 2D games on my HD set.

[quote name='DustyBottomsDA']I just don't know if I can justify that 800pts for this game. I wish they revamped it like Bionic Commando. I think I am now over old 2D games on my HD set.[/quote]

This game is well worth $10 if you like platformers.

Also, I beat the flower guy, using the laser trident.

Onto Concrete Man. Any suggestions on the elephants?

[quote name='soccerstud652']This game is well worth $10 if you like platformers.

Also, I beat the flower guy, using the laser trident.

Onto Concrete Man. Any suggestions on the elephants?[/QUOTE]

Magma Man's weapon works well. Your best bet is to pay more attention to dodging the ball than simply killing the elephants as fast as possible. The patterns are easy once you learn them.

Yea, just focus on dodging the balls they throw at you. Get in three shots, then jump away. Save your trident for Concrete Man.

[quote name='seanr1221']Yea, just focus on dodging the balls they throw at you. Get in three shots, then jump away. Save your trident for Concrete Man.[/quote]

I adopted a scorched earth policy for the elephants and unloaded with every special weapon I had.

~HotShotX

I just rushed the elephants, dodged the initial attack and fired away. I'd get hit once but was able to kill it during the "invincible phase." I believe right after them there's a large life pellet so it all evened out.

for the elephant, the green one rush in and fire. the ball will go over your head. stay close to him and jump over the ball...when he fires it back again rush close and fire. he should be dead by then.

For the Red ball w/ gaps elephant, slow and steady. Get onto the middle platform jump the ball when fired at you...fire away..when he starts sucking you run away and hop the ball and repeat. It will take about 3 cycles to drop him.

Anyone know why my save time shot up so high? I was @ 15minutes w/ 3 bosses dead. I killed Plug man but needed to use an energy container (going for all 8 bosses w/ the blaster). After saving my time was @ 45minutes, so does it add gametime or I leave the game paused or something...

[quote name='naiku']Anyone know why my save time shot up so high? I was @ 15minutes w/ 3 bosses dead. I killed Plug man but needed to use an energy container (going for all 8 bosses w/ the blaster). After saving my time was @ 45minutes, so does it add gametime or I leave the game paused or something...[/QUOTE]

30 minutes is excessive for one boss... it was my understanding that any time spent on the pause (menu) screen or on the status screen changing weapons doesn't count towards your total game time, but I guess I'm wrong.

If you run out of Lives don't bother continuing. Just quit to main screen and reload your save. That way you can try to get the achievement for beating the game without continuing, as well as lower your time.

[quote name='seanr1221']I beat all the bosses and am about to do Wiley's castle. Any suggestions?[/quote]

Use your special weapons en masse.

~HotShotX

Nothing could prepare me for Wily's castle. You think the game would do that, but no. It's like surviving a tornado, and then being cast into a hurricane with lava being tossed around and someone blowing pepper in your eyes.

Yeah good luck not using a E tank on the last boss final forms. I can see not losing a life if you re-load your save and perfect Wily's castle, but not using a E tank is pretty damn hard. I walked into the final battle with 6 E tanks determined not to lose this time. Managed to beat the game but didn't beat one of each enemy (huh?).

[quote name='Monsta Mack']If you run out of Lives don't bother continuing. Just quit to main screen and reload your save. That way you can try to get the achievement for beating the game without continuing, as well as lower your time.[/quote]

Bah, why didn't I think of that. Have to do that on my second run.

[quote name='Nex Antonius']Nothing could prepare me for Wily's castle. You think the game would do that, but no. It's like surviving a tornado, and then being cast into a hurricane with lava being tossed around and someone blowing pepper in your eyes.[/quote]

Hmm, I found Wily's castle to be loads easier than the rest of the game. Like the disappearing block section of Plug Man's stage - WTF?

Anyhoo, woot...just got 200/200 achievements in the game. Bout to start going after a good time attack score and finish up all the challenges.

bread's done
Back