XBLA - Mega Man 9 - 800pts

The achievements for this game are pretty paltry compared to the list of achievements/challenges on Wii. There are 50 challenges on the Wii and some of them are absolutely insane - and people have already gotten them all!

I guess Capcom couldn't have included them all since it would equal only 4 points per achievement which wouldn't feel like a big enough reward for something like beating the entire game without dying or beating every enemy with 1 pixel of health left.

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']The achievements for this game are pretty paltry compared to the list of achievements/challenges on Wii. There are 50 challenges on the Wii and some of them are absolutely insane - and people have already gotten them all!

I guess Capcom couldn't have included them all since it would equal only 4 points per achievement which wouldn't feel like a big enough reward for something like beating the entire game without dying or beating every enemy with 1 pixel of health left.[/quote]

The 50 challenges are still in the 360 version, only 12 unlock Achievements.

[quote name='Multicron']The 50 challenges are still in the 360 version, only 12 unlock Achievements.[/quote]

Yeah, I just downloaded the demo and noticed that. That is cool.

I played the demo on the PS3 since it was out earlier, but waited to buy the XBLA version, and I'm glad I did. This version completely fills the my screen vertically, and the PS3 version didn't. :)

I've played each stage now, but the only boss I've made it to was Jewel Man(I lost thought)

[quote name='jigsawhc']I see some people saying it is hard, but is it hard = challenging or hard = frustrating?[/QUOTE]

Challenging hard. Sure, there are some cheap deaths but its par for the course if you grew up playing the original Megaman games but for the most part (at least in my case) its me just not being fast enough on the controller

I played the trial version, and it was so tough im not sure im going to pick it up. I played through one level and i didnt make it very far. I got killed and had to start at the beginning of the level.

who am i kidding, i'll end up buying it

This game is very hard. I beat Galaxy Man and only got about half war through the other levels of all the other bosses. I used to be a Mega Man Champ back when I was younger. I'm just too spoiled but games these days being not so challenging.

I just beat Galaxy Man, and will keep working. I wasn't doing to bad on Splash Woman, but had to quit. I am excited to try to beat this. Its challenging, but not really frustrating.

got 2 game overs and on my third try got through and beat galaxy man.

Ah I love the old school games!! as mentioned before, this game will be very very difficult to get all the cheesements.

[quote name='Chase']How are the controls? Would it be better to get it on PSN?[/QUOTE]

you know, the D pad is actually decent playing this one. Haven't ran into any problems I can fault the dpad on, its been my reflexes being shit

[quote name='soccerstud652']I can't beat any of the levels. Is there an order of ease that I should attack with?[/quote]

Start with Galaxy Man.

[quote name='KiLL3r']MM9 is definitely kicking my butt, I couldn't even get to a boss. Maybe I lost my mega man skills or I just suck.[/quote]

I played through the older games in anticipation of this one, and I can honestly say this one is harder than most of the older games. MM1 is hard because of a few flaws in it's execution, not so much it's level design. By MM2 those kinks were fixed and it was just hard, old-school gameplay. MM2 and 3 IMO are the best in the series but also the hardest, 3 in particular, but 9 has me reeling. Got to Wiley's Castle but since you can't save between Wiley levels, I haven't had the time to sit down and force my way through it.

So, it's not just you!

I hope most of you guys know that Concrete Man's stage is the 2nd toughest stage in the game, arguably the first (I think Jewel Man's stage is tougher myself). I am interested about hearing about how the D-pad controls are since...you know...360 d-pad is the spawn of the devil.

I usually take the easiest path for most games, but I seemed to breeze through Mega Man 9 in 2 days (Once you get 1 boss down, they all fall in order over time), so if you're saying you can't beat Mega Man 9, that means you're worse at video games than me, and I SUCK at video games.

Also, my DSL modem is pretty much D.M.W. at this point so who knows when I can get online again.

[quote name='fart_bubble']you know, the D pad is actually decent playing this one. Haven't ran into any problems I can fault the dpad on, its been my reflexes being shit[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. I guess the best way to judge is to try the demo.

What a disappointment the trial was, too hard and just not fun at all. I loved the whole mega man series but diffidently passing on this one, I will play it on partnernet, but I refuse to spend any MS points on this, even free MS points.
PS Why they didn't make it like the 16bit X series I will never know, but maybe they still hope for more megaman ....

Anyone else not buying any refil Tanks or shit? I never try to use them in any MM game but I think I might in this one. A couple more times dying on the Bosses and I just might...

[quote name='KingBroly']I hope most of you guys know that Concrete Man's stage is the 2nd toughest stage in the game, arguably the first (I think Jewel Man's stage is tougher myself). [/quote]

Jewel Man's stage was the toughest?! It's the second stage I have played, and I thought it was a cinch!

This game is really hard, but really what were you guys expecting? Megaman 2 difficulty?

Capcom wants to go balls to the wall to appeal to the hardcore Megaman fans, and imho It's working quite well. I love this game despite It's difficulty, and just like every other Megaman in the end It's not so difficult after you do so much trial and error.

I can reach the end of every stage except for Tornado Man's because of that lame force push while It's raining like hell and btw you have to jump forward? I hate that shit with a passion lol.

I haven't beaten the game or come close to Wily's tower because I'm aiming to beat the 8 bosses using the mega buster only for some challenge and that sweet achievement.

As for beating the game without dying? Well technically you could re-load your save over, and over and over and over and over again till you get it, which I think will work. Same goes for continuing. Is that legit? No, but it seems plausible.

The no tanks achievement can be done by just constantly continuing or using that item that cuts the damage your receive in half.

The achivements are doable, the challenges on the other hand are a total pain in the ass. Take no damage in the entire game? Yeah, good luck with that one.

Oh and if you guys want real hard arcade games/achievements. Give a crack at Robotron and try to reach wave 100. lol.

So, I got the demo and after five minutes of playing realized it's probably the hardest Mega Man ever. I guess it's a toss up between MM1 and MM9. I finally got to the end of Whatever Man's stage after dying about 6 times and was pumped to fight him... started spamming the fire button and then. "PLEASE BUY MEGA MAN 9". You can bet your bottom dollar I'm buying this game...

Btw, I didn't know you could save your game. (?)

[quote name='Mrcapcom']how do u get the megaman gamerpic with the black background and 8bit mega? its here
http://www.mygamercard.net/gpscout.php?gpid=11047[/QUOTE]

After I bought the game and played it for a little bit, I saw it just there in my gamerpictures. I have no achievements, and the only challenges I have done (from the top of my mind) are beat a boss with only the megabuster, kill 100 enemies, and speed metal.

Just beat concert man, 2 bosses down used 10minutes. After you down all the bosses you go to dr. wily's level? is it small like all the others? Just wondering if I am on pace to get the "Beat the game under 60minute" achievement. Thanks in advance.

edit: I didn't win my third grade spelling bee competition. :(

concrete ***

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='naiku']Just beat concert man, 2 bosses down used 10minutes. After you down all the bosses you go to dr. wily's level? is it small like all the others? Just wondering if I am on pace to get the "Beat the game under 60minute" achievement. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Is Concert Man a secret boss? ;)

Picked this up last night, it's hard but I'm a fan of Megaman games and I like the idea of supporting Capcom's updates of these classic games.

I bought this last night but kind of feel like I wasted my $10. I had MM1-4 back in my NES days and picked up 8 on the Saturn.

I do think this game is too hard, and I think the developers were chuckling to themselves the whole time. I do appreciate the fact that a classic game was revisited in its original style, but I almost feel like they made a mockery of it.

Not too nuts about them cranking up the difficulty for the sake of cranking up the difficulty - there's no reason Concrete Man's stage should be as hard as it is, stuff like that should be saved for the Wily stages later in the game.

However, like the older games it's still just mostly a matter of getting the patterns down. Both that level and that boss kicked my ass multiple times, but when I finally beat it, it wound up being pretty effortless. I think I was only hit one time when I finally did beat Concrete Man.

[quote name='pimpinc333']That little flower pedal guy on Hornet Man's Level is such an asshole.[/quote]

Use Tornado Wind, kills him in 4 hits and you don't even need to move.

~HotShotX

I think the difficulty is perfectly fine for what it is. And the game gives you so many "Bandaids" to patch up what one may lack in gameplay skill, with the shop. And 1ups are cheap!

I'm trying to go through the game without using E or M tanks, and doing it like that, it feels like... Mega Man 2. -shrug- A lot of the deaths my character receives feels like I'm lacking in patience, rather than the game just being blindingly hard. Especially with the bosses. Concrete man was a Joke. Splash Woman has some predictable elements (Like when she calls her fish, they come from the side she's closest too), and she gives you some good "free hit!" moments if you just wait for them, and Jewel Man was a lot easier once you focus on his weird quirks, like how he only jumps when YOU jump, and he doesn't so much follow you, as just... go from screen side to screen side.

Difficulty due to tight design, and not because of screen-filling unblockable projectiles, or overwhelming numbers... It's just hard to get this feeling from most modern 3D games.

This game is honestly not that hard. I'm seriously starting to think alot of you just want to play blow through stages or something. After a few playthroughs, every stage was a cinch, although I still can't do Tornado Man's level without losing a life.

bread's done
Back