XBLA - Perfect Dark - Now available - Controls/achievement patch out now

[quote name='JolietJake']Eh, PD wasn't bad, but i'd much rather have Goldeneye on XBLA.[/quote]

Maybe this is their way of placating people with the next best thing. Either way, I'm looking forward to it.

I would looove this, my childhood was playing Goldeneye but I never did get to play Perfect Dark. That's one of the reasons I bought PDZ and I actually thought the game was good. Bots, HD and achievements would have to be an essential.

Personally I thought Zero was considerably better, EXCEPT the original had aliens, which is always awesome :D

If there's another game, I hope it takes place after the original game, and hope it's at least as good as Zero.

I don't think the "bean" reference was ever clarified in this thread:

[quote name='MundoRare']More than the Perfect Dark file, it also came to our attention the ‘other’ Joanna Dark icon, showing the Xbox 360 model from PDZ, which comes along with the title “Bean”. As both Xbox Evolved and MundoRare confirmed through their own sources a year ago, this was the codename for GoldenEye XBLA, ‘Project Bean’, before Nintendo ruined its release. ‘Bean’ was also supposed to feature a Jo Dark icon during the development process.
This is important because it would corroborate that the snapshot was directly taken from a development kit from Rare Ltd, where a copy of GoldenEye -or let’s call it ‘Bean’- still remains. This would also mean that this port, or most probably remake (or simply both, since GoldenEye XBLA featured an option to switch between both versions with a single button during the match), is also being developed in-house at Rare, and it wouldn’t be 4J Studios or another company who is dealing with the project.
[/quote]
http://mundorare.com/news/2009/05/bean-gives-credit-to-perfect-dark-xbla-rumour/

So, along with the other hints at Perfect Dark heading to XBLA, I think that with the Bean hint now making sense, I can't wait for this! E3 just seems so close now for an announcement :)

[quote name='metaly']I dunno what to make of that source, but I want to believe. Best E3 ever?[/quote]

With booth babes coming back, that's a yessss!

That's quite a ways off, but hopefully that extra time will be well spent adding some polish/extra bells and whistles to this.

Never liked the first one because I had moved to PC gaming by that point and I couldn't tolerate the awful frame rate on the N64, but I'll definitely check it out on XBLA.

Why would you want Goldeneye? Perfect Dark took everything from Goldeneye's multiplayer and made it better.

Also, OP should just list it as 1200 points given previous titles Rare has put out.

[quote name='KingBroly']Why would you want Goldeneye? [/QUOTE]

You shut your dirty whore mouth. ;)

For what it's worth, I don't even really want GoldenEye for the multi... I'd be cool with just a pretty, pretty single player campaign.

And... now I'm sad. :cry:

I think the only confirmed info so far was the 1080p and "winter" from Major Nelson, but I'm sure the official announcement will mention online multiplayer. If they don't have that there will be riots.

I'm guessing they'll have the announcement tomorrow, along with the free theme.

Will I need one of these to be able to play it on my 360?

expansion_pack_n64_4mb.jpg

I'm glad to see this finally confirmed, I can't wait for it and I hope it comes out soon.

[quote name='bmachine']Will I need one of these to be able to play it on my 360?

expansion_pack_n64_4mb.jpg
[/QUOTE]

If you want to play it in 1080p you'll need 4 of them.

Man i can't wait for this game to come out. This will be an immediate purchase for me. It always bothered me that I never played through the campaign by myself. This will be nice since it is difficult to play Perfect Dark for N64 since the uh.....framerate is not the best. I never used to think anything about the framerate for older games like PD but when you try to play them today, it almost gives me a headache.:whee:

OMG OMG OMG! Day 1!

And how the fuck can anyone prefer PDZ or Golden Eye over this. GE for the single player I can maybe understand, but mutiplayer? MADNESS!!

Holy shit, I want this game like you can't believe it. The day this game comes out, I will change my schedule and wake up at 12AM,anticipate until 2AM and then download it like the fist of the north star. I will then proceed to play it for 24 hours straight. No lies, I am playing it for 24 hours straight no matter what.

I am currently rocking the theme.

[quote name='Scorch']Have you played it recently? It.. doesn't hold up well. I hope they shine the graphics up or something.[/QUOTE]
Then again one analog, C-buttons to look and pressing down R to aim all holds up terribly.

Oh man I am so damn pumped for this. Perfect Dark is one of my top-10 GOAT. I can't really go back and play the original too much anymore sadly, the frame rate is so bad it almost makes me sick.

bread's done
Back