XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cheapskate']I'm on the fence about the Kain character pack (for Lara Croft: GoL). The Kane & Lynch pack was hilarious, but it was also free. Would the Kain pack still be fun even if I've never played the games before?[/QUOTE]

I got the pack and I love it but I also loved the Legacy of Kain series. I don't think I'd recommend to someone who didn't know who the characters were unless you just really want to play through the game again with as something different.

[quote name='louiedog']I just played the demo for Battle: Los Angeles. It sucks. It's a single-player only FPS. The controls aren't very good. It doesn't look or sound good. The cut scene art/animation sucks. The enemy AI is awful. The grenades are only useful for blowing up cars. The walking speed is painfully slow and sprinting only lasts about 12 feet before it has to recharge. The demo was very short, so maybe the game is too and they don't want you sprinting through it in 45 minutes. The demo doesn't show off anything interesting. It's just you walking around shooting enemies with a squad who don't do anything. I wouldn't even bother with the 1 gig download to try it out.[/QUOTE]

Lucky that you just played through the demo. I went to download the demo at 4 am and wasn't paying attention and bought the game by accident.

Its playable... don't think I'd recommend though but I do intend to finish it this weekend.

[quote name='EarthKing']Does anybody know when Splosion Man goes on sale??? I really want the game :(.[/QUOTE]

Not sure when it will go on sale. Got it for 160 MSP from the Xbla Black Friday week.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Lucky that you just played through the demo. I went to download the demo at 4 am and wasn't paying attention and bought the game by accident.

Its playable... don't think I'd recommend though but I do intend to finish it this weekend.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. Personally, I'm surprised something like this hasn't happened to me yet.

The Toy Soldiers sale is apparently over as I played the demo last night and thought it was a good purchase at 800 points, but was surprised to see it was back at its normal price.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Ouch. Personally, I'm surprised something like this hasn't happened to me yet.[/QUOTE]

This happened to me when I was browsing the DLC for transformers. My 360 froze while I was looking at it. A couple days later I noticed my point balance was 400 short. I was pissed, I talked to microsoft cs and they wouldn't do shit for me. I told them to check my gamertag and they would see I've never even played the game.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']This happened to me when I was browsing the DLC for transformers. My 360 froze while I was looking at it. A couple days later I noticed my point balance was 400 short. I was pissed, I talked to microsoft cs and they wouldn't do shit for me. I told them to check my gamertag and they would see I've never even played the game.[/QUOTE]

It seems like (given the last part) they would do something for you. That sucks.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']This happened to me when I was browsing the DLC for transformers. My 360 froze while I was looking at it. A couple days later I noticed my point balance was 400 short. I was pissed, I talked to microsoft cs and they wouldn't do shit for me. I told them to check my gamertag and they would see I've never even played the game.[/QUOTE]

I accidentally bought Outrun for 400 points around Christmas and back in '09 i left the controller on the floor and my infant son crawled over and hit the buttons, buying me Trials HD. At least they were both decent enough games. :)

[quote name='Matedawg11']How is Sonic Adventure?[/QUOTE]

There's a Metacritic link for Sonic Adventure in the second post of the thread.

As someone who owns it on Dreamcast, beat it on Gamecube, AND beat & bought it on XBLA (including the DX Upgrade), it's one of the best 3D Sonic games, right along with SA2. Yeah, there's some parts that still don't hold up (BIG.), but even after playing it multiple times on the Dreamcast & Gamecube, I still enjoyed it.

I think the main reason for the low scores are that it's mainly just a straight-up port of the GCN version (well, you gotta buy DX Upgrade for the missions & Metal Sonic), plus it probably hasn't aged well for some people. Always try the demo out if you're skeptical.

[quote name='kidrocklive']It seems like (given the last part) they would do something for you. That sucks.[/QUOTE]

That why I kept trying to plead my case, if I accidently bought it then whatever it was my fault but it's because the system that they built froze and caused the charge. It honestly left a real bad taste in my mouth, I've been a loyal customer of xbox live and the marketplace for since the days of the original xbox and have been buying content on the marketplace since the 360 was launched. I even phrased it to them on the phone asking if a refusal for a $5 refund on their part was really worth losing a customer that spends at least double that a month and they still didn't give a shit. But then again it's like pulling teeth getting those outsourced help line people to do anything.

I wouldn't have been so sore because I plan to get the game eventually but it's multiplayer dlc which I could care less about and what's even worse is that it was the one dlc pack that didn't add any achievements.

[quote name='mxpowar']Probably some shenanigans by Sony and their dirty money![/QUOTE]
It's really kind of silly if true.

I mean why hold back a DLC, especially a 2nd challenge pack exclusive to Sony, but then give the 1st and 3rd to Microsoft?

Eidos / Square-Enix, whomever is responsible for Lara and TGOL, really dropped the ball on this one.

[quote name='allen9917']Guys which lara packs are the better ones if I don't have enough points for all of them? Thanks![/QUOTE]
The Challenge Packs, since they're new maps.

Character Packs are mostly cosmetic changes with new dialogue, etc.

However, Xbox 360 owners only get Challenge Packs 1 and 3. Challenge Pack 2 is not coming to the Xbox 360.

[quote name='EarthKing']Does anybody know when Splosion Man goes on sale??? I really want the game :(.[/QUOTE]

If you can wait, I'd keep an eye out for a sale as the release date for Ms. 'Sposion Man gets closer (this fall). Doubt they'll discount it down to the 160pts/Black Friday deal, but 1/2 off seems pretty likely. If you don't have Limbo or Trials, that retail triple pack is a pretty good deal on three great games.

[quote name='Matedawg11']How is Sonic Adventure?[/QUOTE]

I just finished playing it on the Dreamcast Collection and it held up a lot better than I expected. In fact, I had more fun with it than any other Sonic game. One thing that always bugged me about the original games on Genesis was that you are supposed to be super fast but you can never seem to run for more than a few seconds at a time because you'd always get hit by something. On Sonic Adventure (playing as Sonic) you can run non-stop through most of the levels. It just seems like the way Sonic was meant to be played.

Just a note: The loading was really bad on the Dreamcast Collection so grab the XBLA version instead if you are going to get it. The loading is just too ridiculous. It has to load a few times before you actually start playing and once you are in the game, it has to load just to pause the game! That is just an example of how bad it is, you will run into loading times every few minutes at least.

[quote name='fader089']Just a note: The loading was really bad on the Dreamcast Collection so grab the XBLA version instead if you are going to get it. The loading is just too ridiculous. It has to load a few times before you actually start playing and once you are in the game, it has to load just to pause the game! That is just an example of how bad it is, you will run into loading times every few minutes at least.[/QUOTE]

Even if you install the DC collection to your hard drive? Do the other 3 games suffer from similar load issues?

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I accidentally bought Outrun for 400 points around Christmas and back in '09 i left the controller on the floor and my infant son crawled over and hit the buttons, buying me Trials HD. At least they were both decent enough games. :)[/QUOTE]

Hehe Fortune smiles on you my friend. Ah I gotta stop playing Torchlight.:D

random question. So, as we know Midway took down Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 from the XBLA marketplace a while ago. I was wondering, If i have the trial, can I still complete the purchase of the full game? I'm in no rush, I was just wondering if anyone had done that before for a game that was taken down.

[quote name='xblaze23']random question. So, as we know Midway took down Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 from the XBLA marketplace a while ago. I was wondering, If i have the trial, can I still complete the purchase of the full game? I'm in no rush, I was just wondering if anyone had done that before for a game that was taken down.[/QUOTE]

You can't. It's the sole reason I'm still keeping my trial of Lost Cities on my console.

[quote name='bsmiff']Even if you install the DC collection to your hard drive? Do the other 3 games suffer from similar load issues?[/QUOTE]

I always install the games to my hard drive first. The problem with this disc (and every XBLA compilation I've played) is that you can't truly install the games. It will let you put them onto your hard drive, but it still loads them off of the disc no matter what.

Crazy Taxi wasn't too bad on loading, but then again it is only 2-3 hours to do everything. Space Channel 5 hasn't aged very well for a few reasons so I didn't play it enough to comment on. Sega Bass Fishing has also aged really poorly. Not only does it load too often, but the game just isn't fun at all. It's too bad that Sega didn't optimize these games at all for Xbox 360 to take advantage of all the RAM it has compared to Dreamcast.

This is one of those rare occasions that I'd suggest buying whatever games you have to have on XBLA (DOTW of course) instead of on disc.

[quote name='xblaze23']random question. So, as we know Midway took down Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 from the XBLA marketplace a while ago. I was wondering, If i have the trial, can I still complete the purchase of the full game? I'm in no rush, I was just wondering if anyone had done that before for a game that was taken down.[/QUOTE]

I just went into my download history a few minutes again a re-downloaded the MK3 demo again. However, when I went to buy the full version of the game from the in-game menu, it listed the price as "free" but gave me an error when I tried to download the unlock key.

[quote name='fader089']I always install the games to my hard drive first. The problem with this disc (and every XBLA compilation I've played) is that you can't truly install the games. It will let you put them onto your hard drive, but it still loads them off of the disc no matter what.

Crazy Taxi wasn't too bad on loading, but then again it is only 2-3 hours to do everything. Space Channel 5 hasn't aged very well for a few reasons so I didn't play it enough to comment on. Sega Bass Fishing has also aged really poorly. Not only does it load too often, but the game just isn't fun at all. It's too bad that Sega didn't optimize these games at all for Xbox 360 to take advantage of all the RAM it has compared to Dreamcast.

This is one of those rare occasions that I'd suggest buying whatever games you have to have on XBLA (DOTW of course) instead of on disc.[/QUOTE]

Man that sucks. I hate how my XBLA compilation disc with Uno doesn't run from the HD when it's installed, but for some reason assumed the DC collection wouldn't be the same.

I'll just wait for Crazy Taxi to hit DOTW, and maybe Sonic Adventure if it gets a BF-style deep drop or something. Thanks.

[quote name='bsmiff']Man that sucks. I hate how my XBLA compilation disc with Uno doesn't run from the HD when it's installed, but for some reason assumed the DC collection wouldn't be the same.

I'll just wait for Crazy Taxi to hit DOTW, and maybe Sonic Adventure if it gets a BF-style deep drop or something. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Sonic Adventure is 400pts right now.

I just received another e-mail reply from microsoft after explaining my story yet again and received another politely worded "fuck you." I'm so sick of the bullshit from Microsoft, this is no way to treat customers.

[quote name='Thrinn']I just went into my download history a few minutes again a re-downloaded the MK3 demo again. However, when I went to buy the full version of the game from the in-game menu, it listed the price as "free" but gave me an error when I tried to download the unlock key.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they cannot sell the game any more. It's still on the service, but hidden, so the only way to get to it is through download history.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I just received another e-mail reply from microsoft after explaining my story yet again and received another politely worded "fuck you." I'm so sick of the bullshit from Microsoft, this is no way to treat customers.[/QUOTE]

At least you bought something you didn't want. I'm still out the $20 point card that invalidated because I hit a mystery point balance cap. I'd gladly take ANYTHING on XBLA in exchange for the points I'll never be able to spend.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']At least you bought something you didn't want. I'm still out the $20 point card that invalidated because I hit a mystery point balance cap. I'd gladly take ANYTHING on XBLA in exchange for the points I'll never be able to spend.[/QUOTE]

What is the cap? I'd hate for this to happen to me, or anyone else.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']At least you bought something you didn't want. I'm still out the $20 point card that invalidated because I hit a mystery point balance cap. I'd gladly take ANYTHING on XBLA in exchange for the points I'll never be able to spend.[/QUOTE]

Why were you hoarding over 100.00 on your account?

Not that the policy isn't shitty, but why keep adding points if you're not spending them.

[quote name='clickpow']It's 10,000, and your sig etc is huge[/QUOTE]

Is it just me or does that seem kind of low? I realize that's ~$125 worth in points, but still.

[quote name='JStryke']Is it just me or does that seem kind of low? I realize that's ~$125 worth in points, but still.[/QUOTE]

It's 10K points per day. You can have many more than that, but I'm pretty sure there is a maximum overall cap as well. It's probably to stop credit card thieves from loading up points before a card is canceled or to keep people from begging for refunds because their baby or dog was playing with the controller and accidentally bought a bunch. I don't know why it includes points redeemed with codes though.

[quote name='seanr1221']Why were you hoarding over 100.00 on your account?

Not that the policy isn't shitty, but why keep adding points if you're not spending them.[/QUOTE]

People stock up when there are sales. Three 4000 point cards bought when they go on sale for $40 will put you over the daily limit. Maybe he just had a birthday and his relatives know he likes XBLA games and DLC?

No, it's not 10,000. I've had 25,000 points in my account before and currently have more than 10,000 in there without problems.

[quote name='crunchewy']Decided to bite on a couple of the Your Shape DLC before the sale ends. Don't even have the game yet. I hope I like it when I do buy it. :)[/QUOTE]

Just a quick heads-up, I own both Your Shape and EA Active 2 so if you're still deciding between the two...

Your Shape definitely uses the Kinect technology better and helps you with your exercises and stuff better...however (unless it's been patches) you need to unlock the harder workouts by playing all the easy ones and even then the workouts aren't very taxing.

EA Active 2 uses the technology pretty badly (in fact instead of fixing the problems they actually just patched it and removed a lot of the "issues" from the game completely...screwing up both the estimated times and the calories burned), but the workouts and programs are better actual workouts.

So if you're looking for something to show off and want more fun, get Your Shape... If you're more serious about actually getting into shape, get EA Active 2.

[quote name='seanr1221']Why were you hoarding over 100.00 on your account?

Not that the policy isn't shitty, but why keep adding points if you're not spending them.[/QUOTE]

This happened to me when Xbox first launched. Christmas '05 I figured I'd keep a running balance of at least 10k. Seemed like a good idea at the time. I had no idea how many points I would go through on a regular basis and looking at XBLA titles being like 1600 points each I thought I would need quite a few. So I bought about 12k worth of points and started to add them to my account when the last one failed to add to it. There were no 4k point cards at the time or I probably would have just bought 3 of those and added them instead of a bunch of 1600s. Might not have had the issue in that event.

When I called M$ at the time they simply told me I was out of luck and being a point card the retailers would not do an exchange on it for a working one. I still hold a grudge against M$ about it but what can you do?

[quote name='mtxbass1']No, it's not 10,000. I've had 25,000 points in my account before and currently have more than 10,000 in there without problems.[/QUOTE]

It's possible they lifted/changed the cap since then. Obviously XBLA is huge now and they probably expect people to spend a lot more so they may have simply eliminated the cap altogether.

Also I see Sonic Adventure is now the DoTW rather than Sonic 4. Must have been a mistake. Too bad they didn't accidentily drop Sonic 4's price for a little bit. I might have bit for 400 points. Still holding out for a disc collection when the game is complete.

Deal of the Week page is now showing Sonic Adventure (DC) for 400 points. Looks like Episode 4 won't be discounted right now.

Edit: Yeah, what Chrono said.

After episode 1, I can do without episode 2. No, it wasn't terrible, it just wasn't terribly good either. It's hard to get excited about episode 2.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Speaking of which, has there been any news on Sonic 4's other episode releases?[/QUOTE]

No official word yet, at least as far as I know.

As someone else said, I've had over 10,000 points in my account. I've did a quick search and can't find anything concrete which says what the real limit is. You might have had a bad CSR. Usually if they are telling you something stupid the best thing to do is hang up and call back so you get someone else.

Q:Is there a maximum number of Points that I can have in my balance?

A: Yes, there is a limit. When you reach that limit, you will be notified that you've reached the maximum number.

Q:Is there a limit to how many Points I can purchase in a day?

A: There is not a per-day limit, but there is a limit per transaction.You'll be notified if you reach this limit.

Q:Is there a limit to how many Points I can redeem in a day?

A: Yes.If you reach this limit, you'll be notified, and you'll have to wait until the next day to redeem more Points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back