XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Opened up the DoTW page on xbox.com ready and waiting to see the list refresh when I saw the Mafia Fedora for a buck. Tempted to pick it up cause I'm kinda a sucker for fedoras (them and top hats are my favorite hats). Hard to tell exactly what's available on xbox.com. Is this the only fedora currently? I might want to snag it if so.

EDIT: Looking at the default hats there are 2 trilbys that look almost identical to the mafia fedora. Do I really want to pay $1 to have a red stripe instead of a white one? I don't think so. (Probably why it was discounted)

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Opened up the DoTW page on xbox.com ready and waiting to see the list refresh when I saw the Mafia Fedora for a buck. Tempted to pick it up cause I'm kinda a sucker for fedoras (them and top hats are my favorite hats). Hard to tell exactly what's available on xbox.com. Is this the only fedora currently? I might want to snag it if so.
[/QUOTE]

You reminded me to buy it. Red matches my shirt.

Picked up Monkey Island and Age of Booty.

How are the current price drop games: Blade Kitten, Haunted House, and Undergarden? Any worth picking up @ their new prices?

[quote name='Gabrius']Picked up Monkey Island and Age of Booty.

How are the current price drop games: Blade Kitten, Haunted House, and Undergarden? Any worth picking up @ their new prices?[/QUOTE]

I own Blade Kitten and The Undergarden. I would say skip Blade Kitten. It's one of the most boring platformers I've played in years. I gave up after 45 minutes to an hour. It's a shame, as they seemed to have put more effort into the cut scenes and VO than a lot of downloadable games.

The Undergarden is very relaxed. There's no combat. It's basically just navigating the environment and collecting some things. Definitely try out the demo if that sounds at all interesting. I don't think it's the kind of game you can make a decision on without experiencing it because it's not what most people expect out of their games. I think it's worth it, but I imagine most people wouldn't be interested in the game at any price.

For Haunted House I'd watch this quick look. It does a good job of explaining what the game is.

man the noobs are gonna get slaughtered in Age of Booty. Don't get discouraged though. Some of those guys play AoB all the time. Just play other noobs and you'll see its a great game

... or you can just boost the player matches, It's only 10 of em.

Any game, even games like the old BlazBlue have vets in them, because old games that aren't popular usuually have vets camping in them all the time waiting for noobs to get the game.

[quote name='Gabrius']Picked up Monkey Island and Age of Booty.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting both tonight too when I get home. Probably not going to get any enjoyment out of either one. I've already finished Monkey Island multiple times in the last 20 years. And I completely suck at multiplayer games so the chances of having fun playing AOB are pretty slim.

[quote name='ooga']I'm getting both tonight too when I get home. Probably not going to get any enjoyment out of either one. I've already finished Monkey Island multiple times in the last 20 years. And I completely suck at multiplayer games so the chances of having fun playing AOB are pretty slim.[/QUOTE]

I paid full price for AoB and really only played single player and loved it.

[quote name='ooga']So you paid for booty? Isn't that illegal in most states? :lol:[/QUOTE]

He probably lives in Nevada. Else he took his girlfriend out for dinner. :p

[quote name='confoosious']man the noobs are gonna get slaughtered in Age of Booty. Don't get discouraged though. Some of those guys play AoB all the time. Just play other noobs and you'll see its a great game[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes they will...

Huh? Didn't realize the player matches were all ranked. Oh well, I'm sure I can win 10 after so many trys.
I'm already on the 5th set of challenges after a few hours. The single player is going by pretty fast, but I'm sure the last set or two of challenges will be brutal.
It's a fun addicting, yet simple strategy game. Easily worth the 200 pts.

The whole point of Age of Booty is the multiplayer. The single player is just to teach you the basics. If you're just gonna get your 10 matches for the achievement, don't even bother.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']IIRC you can use 4 controllers (3 signed in as Guests) to get the ranked achievements in Age of Booty.[/QUOTE]

Yeap my friend confirmed that.

[quote name='Diebythesword']Where are the Game Room updates!?[/QUOTE]

Seriously? That ship has sailed.*

*Happy Pirates week, everyone!

[quote name='Diebythesword']Where are the Game Room updates!?[/QUOTE]

I've been asking this question since December. They've pretty much killed it when Krome went under.

The LeChuck pirate suit doesn't seem to be on sale in spite of the OP, if anyone cares. Maybe it will update later?

I'm going to download the demo of Age of Booty. I don't have any idea what that game is, but I'll try anything once.

[quote name='crunchewy']The LeChuck pirate suit doesn't seem to be on sale in spite of the OP, if anyone cares. Maybe it will update later?

I'm going to download the demo of Age of Booty. I don't have any idea what that game is, but I'll try anything once.[/QUOTE]

It is on sale. The link is wrong. I found out that Major Nelson's link (which is where the link in the OP came from) was wrong yesterday and forgot to come in here and mention it. Sorry about that.

The correct link for the Le Chuck outfit is here.

[quote name='crunchewy']The LeChuck pirate suit doesn't seem to be on sale in spite of the OP, if anyone cares. Maybe it will update later?

I'm going to download the demo of Age of Booty. I don't have any idea what that game is, but I'll try anything once.[/QUOTE]

To me age of booty is somewhat a dumbed down but fun rts.

[quote name='louiedog']It is on sale. The link is wrong. I found out that Major Nelson's link (which is where the link in the OP came from) was wrong yesterday and forgot to come in here and mention it. Sorry about that.

The correct link for the Le Chuck outfit is here.[/QUOTE]

Fixed. I will add the Metacritic link and Quick Look (if there is one) links a bit later today

Huh. I stumbled upon the Ninja Gaiden 2 page on xbox.com and noticed that the Mission Mode DLC is 560 MSP for gold members (800 otherwise).

IIRC, that was the price way back when it was the DoTW, wasn't it?
Doesn't seem like the usual price drops, since it's gold only.

[quote name='totoguy']Huh. I stumbled upon the Ninja Gaiden 2 page on xbox.com and noticed that the Mission Mode DLC is 560 MSP for gold members (800 otherwise).

IIRC, that was the price way back when it was the DoTW, wasn't it?
Doesn't seem like the usual price drops, since it's gold only.[/QUOTE]

It's always been 560 points. I would only recommend it if your a huge fan of the game.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']It's always been 560 points. I would only recommend it if your a huge fan of the game.[/QUOTE]

http://majornelson.com/2009/03/02/this-weeks-deal-ninja-gaiden-2-mission-mode/

"This weeks Deal of the Week is now available. The Ninja Gaiden II Mission Mode add on, normally priced at 800 points, is now available for Xbox LIVE Gold Members for 560 points, a savings of 33%."

And like I said, you can see that the price for free/silver members is indeed 800 right now.

The point I'm trying to make is, this is a very old DoTW that seems to be active now... (Maybe there's more of them?)

Either that or it's a very irregular price drop.

picked up age of booty, the game is a steal at 200 points. My only gripe so far is the shitty AI, and rubberband AI when playing on expert

[quote name='totoguy']http://majornelson.com/2009/03/02/this-weeks-deal-ninja-gaiden-2-mission-mode/

"This weeks Deal of the Week is now available. The Ninja Gaiden II Mission Mode add on, normally priced at 800 points, is now available for Xbox LIVE Gold Members for 560 points, a savings of 33%."

And like I said, you can see that the price for free/silver members is indeed 800 right now.

The point I'm trying to make is, this is a very old DoTW that seems to be active now... (Maybe there's more of them?)

Either that or it's a very irregular price drop.[/QUOTE]

Looks like a resurrected sale. I've seen these zombie sales when they update xbox.com or the dashboard.

When does MajorNelson typically post the new deals? I am trying to decide if I should blow the 400 points I have in my account on the Costume Quest DLC! If there are no interesting deals next week I will. Otherwise I'll save those points for now.

[quote name='ooga']I am trying to decide if I should blow the 400 points I have in my account on the Costume Quest DLC![/QUOTE]
That would definitely be a sound purchase if you enjoyed the base game. The DLC is "more of the same" in the best sense.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']That would definitely be a sound purchase if you enjoyed the base game. The DLC is "more of the same" in the best sense.[/QUOTE]

I certainly enjoyed it, but with my massive backlog I am in no hurry to play ANY particular game. Since the DLC is full price I can pick it up at anytime. I would rather use my points to pickup something that is temporarily on sale. I am definitely picking up Grubbins on Ice at some point. :)

im not sure if im looking forward to a great sale next week or not..been low on points but that hasn't really mattered the last two weeks. hopefully there is another point offer soon

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']Miss when you'd have like 3 weeks of DotW in advance so I could plan out what I'm getting. Did Major N stop giving advance notice on them?[/QUOTE]

We've had quite a few conversations here on this subject lately. Short version is that they seem to go through periods of advance notice and periods with little to no notice at all.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']We've had quite a few conversations here on this subject lately. Short version is that they seem to go through periods of advance notice and periods with little to no notice at all.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wish they would give us a heads up. I sort of want to pick up Age of Booty but only have 800 MS Points left and don't want to have to buy another card if there is something I really want next week.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']That would definitely be a sound purchase if you enjoyed the base game. The DLC is "more of the same" in the best sense.[/QUOTE]

I caved in. Bought it this morning and beat it in a couple of hours. Was pretty decent but very short and way too easy.

[quote name='intoxicated662']On the 360 dashboard changing to Family programming (under Spotlight) will give you access to Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light for 600MSP.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I can't confirm this since my 360 is at the repair center. Is this Gold only or open to all? (It's not showing on Xbox.com)

[quote name='dashrendar']Yeah, I wish they would give us a heads up. I sort of want to pick up Age of Booty but only have 800 MS Points left and don't want to have to buy another card if there is something I really want next week.[/QUOTE]

He is posting the new deals on Tuesday AM when all his 'revealed' Deals are over. If he posts early enought you MIGHT be able to still get the old deal at the same time. Last time AceyBongos of Xbox UK tweeted the next DOTW Monday afternoon. Why not just use Paypal to buy 800 points?

Unrelated, kinda. Was anyone else rather disappointed with the sales this week? (I blame PotC.) I've noticed quite a few strong XBLA sale weeks recently and this was quite the change. Any inklings as to the next sale's theme?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back