XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Rented NBA Jam a while back and had a blast playing with some friends. I'll probably get the XBLA version next time I'm hanging out with the guys, or if it goes on sale, whichever comes first.

I'll probably get NBA Jam the day it comes out. I got the retail version for less that $30 and had enough fun with it to justify the cost. I just wish there was something to make 3-pointers more exciting. I mean, the game has always been about slam dunks but it renders certain players who make their money from the outside much less desirable than they'd be in any regular basketball game.

Battlefield 3 beta is coming out next week. Has any Medal of Honor owner got an early access e-mail yet? It should be out Tuesday for MoH people and Thursday for everyone else.

[quote name='SubjectNameHere']I saw Sword & Sorcery and thought it was coming to XBLA. Man was I disappointed.[/QUOTE]

Like I said blame MS. Since people are being let down I'll change it.

Might & Magic Clash of Heroes seems fun from the quick look. Any opinions on it from those that have already bought it? Does the puzzle/strategy element keep progressing or does it get stale quickly?

[quote name='zensation']Might & Magic Clash of Heroes seems fun from the quick look. Any opinions on it from those that have already bought it? Does the puzzle/strategy element keep progressing or does it get stale quickly?[/QUOTE]

Try the demo for yourself. I just tried the demo and must say, too much dialogue. I pressed the start 'skip' button too often, don't care about what is being said I just want to play. I suppose this game is more fun for those who have played it on the 3ds. Wasn't much there for me, i'd rather play vandals foj or other games. Probably pass on the game and d&d seems like a bugfest according to everyone stating so. I tried the demo for that and didn't have any problems with it.

My cousin just got me into Portal through Steam, but the mouse/keyboard control style makes me want to curb stomp an orphan. Glad I checked the OP, he and I both picked it up for 360 :)

[quote name='zensation']Might & Magic Clash of Heroes seems fun from the quick look. Any opinions on it from those that have already bought it? Does the puzzle/strategy element keep progressing or does it get stale quickly?[/QUOTE]

I had the problem with it that some other people and reviews I read had. The game was a lot of fun but the boss battles felt out of place and frustrating. One in particular pretty much required you to grind a certain squad and even then you kind of had to hope for a favorable starting formation.

Still, it's quite a bit of fun for $10.

Hate to ask here but I've searched with no luck. "PSN" is to short of a search. Is there a thread like this for PSN sales? Thanks in advance.

[quote name='PR Mega X']My cousin just got me into Portal through Steam, but the mouse/keyboard control style makes me want to curb stomp an orphan. Glad I checked the OP, he and I both picked it up for 360 :)[/QUOTE]

Plug your Xbox 360 controller into your computer.

hey guys, just wondering if ilomilo will still be on sale through the end of today? I'm at work and want to try the demo out before I purchase later tonight

new deals go on sale tomorrow right?

[quote name='The SPism']hey guys, just wondering if ilomilo will still be on sale through the end of today? I'm at work and want to try the demo out before I purchase later tonight

new deals go on sale tomorrow right?[/QUOTE]

Correct

[quote name='buckythekat']odd Saints Row 1 isn't available through Games on Demand anymore

yet Saints Row 2 is[/QUOTE]

Gamestop sells the double pack for $20 new you should just get that.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Try the demo for yourself. I just tried the demo and must say, too much dialogue. I pressed the start 'skip' button too often, don't care about what is being said I just want to play. I suppose this game is more fun for those who have played it on the 3ds. Wasn't much there for me, i'd rather play vandals foj or other games. Probably pass on the game and d&d seems like a bugfest according to everyone stating so. I tried the demo for that and didn't have any problems with it.[/QUOTE]
The game is an RPG, there's going to be words in it.

Why would you ever buy an RPG that you didn't want to know anything about the story or characters?

Going to get Might and Magic. I had it for my DS and was in my system when I lost it. Probably going to wait until I see what the deal is for next months rewards before I get it though.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Going to get Might and Magic. I had it for my DS and was in my system when I lost it. Probably going to wait until I see what the deal is for next months rewards before I get it though.[/QUOTE]

Ah, good point. I forgot about the rewards, I was going to buy it tomorrow morning, but I'll hold off for a week.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']The game is an RPG, there's going to be words in it.

Why would you ever buy an RPG that you didn't want to know anything about the story or characters?[/QUOTE]

I've played several before but in the demo, it was just annoying and even after hitting 'skip' it just kept popping up. Why can't I just skip to the action? I prefer vandals foj, torchlight, crimson alliance, fable or another game but that's my opinion and i'll skip it. I never played it on 3ds either so it never appealed to me. As for D&D, i'll wait for the permanent or sale price of 400 msp. There will be other deals though coming up..

A bunch of arcade games are on sale now. I'm on my iPhone so I don't want to type them all out, but the highlights are Outland for 400, and Shank and Trials HD for 600 each

[quote name='Coltin']A bunch of arcade games are on sale now. I'm on my iPhone so I don't want to type them all out, but the highlights are Outland for 400, and Shank and Trials HD for 600 each[/QUOTE]
When I checked out the Xbox Marketplace, Outland was 400 but Shank was still 1200 for me. Thanks for the heads-up though, I've been meaning to grab Outland!

Btw, Clash of Heroes is already discounted to 800 points!

Great news on the surprise Outland sale! Needlessly to say it's already purchased as it had been at the top of my "waiting for the inevitable sale" list. I'm not on my console at the moment so please keep the secret deals list coming.

[quote name='emg28']In for M&M: Clash of Heroes. Like others I'll be waiting until the 1st of Oct to buy it.

Backlog +1[/QUOTE]

I probably missed it somewhere, but are you waiting for October 1 because of some promotion or XBox Live Rewards deal?

I highly recommend Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes. I recently beat the DS game, and it was fun. Yes, the game can be frustrating at times, and yes, sometimes it seems as if you can only win if you get a favorable starting line-up. This doesn't affect the majority of the game, however. The storyline is good and the characters engaging. I found the second half of the game far better than the first, what with you delving into a land inhabited by ghosts and another by demons. Although the game can sometimes be frustrating, retrying a stage is pretty quick. It has an addictive nature that is difficult to describe, but 800 points is a great price on this well-regarded port of the DS gem.

Wow, this is a pretty impressive stealth-sale compared to what we've been getting lately.

So far I've spotted a good selection of titles (obviously most were already said), but some of these might have been at this price already.... Anyone else spot any good ones?

All titles are 50% off their regular price unless noted:
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter - 400 (originally 1200)
Outland - 400
Yar's Revenge - 400
Islands of Wafku - 400
Trouble Witches Neo - 400
Bionic Commando: Rearmed - 400
Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2 - 600
Trials HD - 600
Shank - 600
Monday Night Combat - 600
Moon Diver - 600
Section 8 Prejudice - 800 (originally 1200)

Definitely grabbing Shank and Outland tomorrow, they've been at the top of my "Break in case of Sale" list for a while now :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='VVaffle']Wow, this is a pretty impressive stealth-sale compared to what we've been getting lately.

So far I've spotted a good selection of titles (obviously most were already said), but some of these might have been at this price already... Anyone else spot any good ones?
[/QUOTE]

Some of the Assassin's Creed II DLC is discounted too.
Sequence 12: Battle of Forli - 160 (Was 320)
Sequence 13 : Bonfire of the Vanities & Secret Locations - 280 (was 560)
Oddly, Sequence 13 w/o the secret locations is not on sale. Anyone have these and have a review? I'm playing AC2 and really enjoying it, but not sure if I want to put money into DLC with no achievements.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']Some of the Assassin's Creed II DLC is discounted too.
Oddly, Sequence 13 w/o the secret locations is not on sale. Anyone have these and have a review? I'm playing AC2 and really enjoying it, but not sure if I want to put money into DLC with no achievements.[/QUOTE]

It shouldn't matter if it has achievements or not as long as you enjoy it

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']Some of the Assassin's Creed II DLC is discounted too.
Oddly, Sequence 13 w/o the secret locations is not on sale. Anyone have these and have a review? I'm playing AC2 and really enjoying it, but not sure if I want to put money into DLC with no achievements.[/QUOTE]Interesting. It also appears both Section 8: Prejudice map packs are on sale for 160 (from 320) each.

There are probably a lot more discounts out there right now, but personally I'll wait for October to start. Maybe Xbox Live Rewards will have some sort of "Spend ___, Get ___ Back" deal for October. It would just be icing on the cake!

[quote name='VVaffle']Interesting. It also appears both Section 8: Prejudice map packs are on sale for 160 (from 320) each.

There are probably a lot more discounts out there right now, but personally I'll wait for October to start. Maybe Xbox Live Rewards will have some sort of "Spend ___, Get ___ Back" deal for October. It would just be icing on the cake![/QUOTE]

If these sales hang around until October.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']If these sales hang around until October.[/QUOTE]They just have to hang around for a few more days though ;)

[quote name='VVaffle']They just have to hang around for a few more days though ;)[/QUOTE]

Unannounced price drops always make me nervous that I'm going to wait too long and miss them. Hopefully we'll get some sort of official notice with an end date.

[quote name='Coltin']It shouldn't matter if it has achievements or not as long as you enjoy it[/QUOTE]

Thanks Dr. Phil, but that wasn't the question I asked. And when you have the limited game budget I do, everything matters.

[quote name='VVaffle']Wow, this is a pretty impressive stealth-sale compared to what we've been getting lately.

So far I've spotted a good selection of titles (obviously most were already said), but some of these might have been at this price already.... Anyone else spot any good ones?

Outland - 400
Yar's Revenge - 400
Islands of Wafku - 400
Trials HD - 600
Shank - 600
Moon Diver - 600
Section 8 Prejudice - 800

Definitely grabbing Shank and Outland tomorrow, they've been at the top of my "Break in case of Sale" list for a while now :lol:[/QUOTE]

Outland is an outstanding game and is worth the full price at 800 MSP. At 400 MSP it's a steal! Any fan of Metroidvania style games should pick it up. It's one of my favorites on XBLA.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Picked up Serious Sam for 400 points (down from 1200). Played this when it was released a LONG time ago, think it's been 10 years. Loved it.[/QUOTE]Definitely a great price on that. Still waiting on Serious Sam Double D to be released for XBLA, though :bomb:

All titles are 50% off their regular price unless noted:
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter - 400 (originally 1200)
Outland - 400
Yar's Revenge - 400
Islands of Wafku - 400
Bionic Commando: Rearmed - 400
Trials HD - 600
Shank - 600
Moon Diver - 600
Section 8 Prejudice - 800 (originally 1200)

Definitely grabbing Shank and Outland tomorrow, they've been at the top of my "Break in case of Sale" list for a while now :lol:[/QUOTE]

Woot! My patience paid off for Outland. I grabbed Trouble Witches Neo on release because I didn't think it would go on sale, but I do not reget the purchase. Due to my starved nature for XBLA sales, I may even pull the trigger for Moon Diver, Rearmed 2, and Wakfu. I still wonder if the Section 8 game is worth 800MSP.

Going with the Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes game, I'll be fotified with good XBLA titles to tide me over for the time being.

I may even spend for the missing chapters of Ass Cred 2: Creed Harder ... Hope the 13 bundle will be dropped too. I would like to at least be done with the game and have it "complete."

This was sent by my iPod, I will edit/correct mistakes later.

I like how I'm actually excited for the Nightmare Before Christmas avatar item collection going up today. I need one more item of clothing for the September Rewards promo, and Nightmare is a classic. Also, good timing for Halloween.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back