XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cornelius']I feel like I'm leaving an old girlfriend out in the snow ... and she's just not worth $5 to let her come into my house. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

I bit on Quake. It actually controls great, and I like that the levels and weapons are nice and simple. Playing it felt like returning to a favorite hangout after years later and finding that it's still rad.

[quote name='eastx']I do find it highly annoying, as it provides less of an incentive to play through together as opposed to playing individually. My co-op partners (girlfriend, brother, and son) all find it annoying because they like Achievements.

On the other hand, if both players earn them in Live games, we'll just switch to playing that way (with my partner on the original system I bought it on, and me on a second system).[/QUOTE]

Stop me if I'm wandering too far off topic, but did anyone else mow through Zombie Apocalypse with a few buddies only to discover that no one other than Player 1 (me, luckily) got any achievements? Talk about nerd rage.

East, have you been playing through the single player bot matches or have you been successful at finding online games? Maybe I'm just playing at the wrong times. I know that I'll get creamed but it still would be fun to try out online.

Only single-player so far, Gubmccargen. I plan to play it with friends even if the online population is sparse.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dark_inchworm']Stop me if I'm wandering too far off topic, but did anyone else mow through Zombie Apocalypse with a few buddies only to discover that no one other than Player 1 (me, luckily) got any achievements? Talk about nerd rage.[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain, I experienced the same with Earth Defense Force 2017.

[quote name='pasolini']anyone know if shadow complex is going to be open to all members, or just Gold?[/QUOTE]
If it's DOTW (and advertised as so) it's definitely going to be just Gold.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Stop me if I'm wandering too far off topic, but did anyone else mow through Zombie Apocalypse with a few buddies only to discover that no one other than Player 1 (me, luckily) got any achievements?[/QUOTE]Were you playing local or online? After I beat the game, I remember hosting a few online sessions to help others get their achievements.

[quote name='buckythekat']well this fucking sucks, my Xbox Live account got hacked and the person bought a game using my points

while Microsoft investigates the issue they've locked down my account

meaning most likely I'm going to miss the sale on the Saints Row 2 DLC :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

I also had my account hacked back on 10/4, guy I talked to said up to 25 days, blarrgh
account was drained of 7000+ points, person was playing fifa 12. Hadn't even realized that live account hacking would be an issue
might create a second account to pick up shadow complex if my account doesn't get resolved this week
good luck with your investigation

[quote name='NoDAK']Were you playing local or online? After I beat the game, I remember hosting a few online sessions to help others get their achievements.[/QUOTE]

I was playing local. We plowed through all 50-ish levels too, which seemed like it took forever.

[quote name='Spylon']My site just found Sonic 4 for 800 MS points and Domino Master for 400 points. Hopefully these are permanent price drops, especially for Sonic 4.[/QUOTE]

Grabbed DOMINO MASTER and the Saints Row DLC, which were the only things I didn't already have.

[quote name='Zonic505']Anyone else seeing Sonic 4 Episode 1 as a "new" arcade game? Maybe it's due to the fact it's now 800 MSP?[/QUOTE]

Same. Now just have to wait for it to go on sale again. Maybe 1 more sonic themed sale in celebration of generations? If it hits 400 MSP, Im sold. BTW is episode 2 coming out or what?

[quote name='buckythekat']well this fucking sucks, my Xbox Live account got hacked and the person bought a game using my points

while Microsoft investigates the issue they've locked down my account

meaning most likely I'm going to miss the sale on the Saints Row 2 DLC :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

The same happened to me. It did, sadly, take them exactly (to the day) as long as they said - 25 days.

I wasn't even home for 3 months when it happened, I just happened to check my email address and it said that my MS account funds were transferred. Very screwy.

Anyway, on topic.. Shadow Complex is amazing, get it!

Having the same problem. Been trying to buy Catan all morning here at the office and it won't go through. Guess I should not have watited til the last minute.

Looks like Shadow Complex is now 600. At least it shows up as that for me, but I didn't try to buy it. I've been waffling on Catan all week and I guess I'm just going to skip it.

[quote name='carldisc']Having the same problem. Been trying to buy Catan all morning here at the office and it won't go through. Guess I should not have watited til the last minute.[/QUOTE]

It works now, so buy quickly.

Looks like the Transformers: WfC DLCs might be part of this month's price drops. Passed on them when they were on sale prior but now I know I can pick them up whenever I want for the much more reasonable price of 400 points each.

too bad you can't gift things on XBLM, my account is definitely locked down

can login still on Xbox.com but it won't let me add points (not sure if buying a card at retail would work but kinda doubt it)

Hmmmm, I guess I'm just dumb, but I could have sworn the SR2 dlc was going to be cheaper last week when I looked. I don't know why I thought that but I was surprised when I looked this morning. Now I am on the fence about getting it or not, whereas last week I was getting it for sure.

According to the Recently Reduced panel:

Sonic 4 Episode 1: 800 MSP (originally 1200 MSP)
Dragon Age: Origins: $19.99 (originally $29.99)
Metro 2033: $29.99 (originally $39.99)
Domino Master: 400 MSP (originally 800 MSP)

[quote name='Zonic505']According to the Recently Reduced panel:

Sonic 4 Episode 1: 800 MSP (originally 1200 MSP)
Dragon Age: Origins: $19.99 (originally $29.99)
Metro 2033: $29.99 (originally $39.99)
Domino Master: 400 MSP (originally 800 MSP)[/QUOTE]

I know at least one more will be added to that because My panel only one this morning and it wasn't any of those. I have also posted my speculated Recently Released for October on my site:
http://xbldb.com/deals/speculation-recently-reduced-2011-10.html

I've always wanted to play Metro 2033, so I'm thinking about buying it. $30 is still about what it's going for used right now, and I have a lot of MS points right now.

[quote name='Zonic505']Metro 2033: $29.99 (originally $39.99)[/QUOTE]

I just quoted this because Metro 2033 was $5 (reg. $19.99) on Steam until 1PM EST today. Nice job with pricing, MS. :lol:

[quote name='blade']i just quoted this because metro 2033 was $5 (reg. $19.99) on steam until 1pm est today. Nice job with pricing, ms. :lol:[/quote]

dang it

Quantum of Solace just got released as a Game on Demand for $29.99. The game's about $6 new on Amazon. What a load of crap. Hah.

[quote name='vherub']I also had my account hacked back on 10/4, guy I talked to said up to 25 days, blarrgh
account was drained of 7000+ points, person was playing fifa 12. Hadn't even realized that live account hacking would be an issue
might create a second account to pick up shadow complex if my account doesn't get resolved this week
good luck with your investigation[/QUOTE]

I had the same thing happen a couple of months ago, only with Fifa 11. Luckily, I caught it the morning after it happened and was only out a handful of bing rewards points.

I have a question, though...do you happen to use an Android xbox live app? The reason I ask is because this is the only way someone could have stolen my info as I don't use windows live log-in on any of my devices except for my Android phone.

I want Orcs Must Die sooo bad (I miss Tecmo's Deception series.). But I know I'm gonna see it in this thread in like three months...

[quote name='SDC']And my first ever XBLA purchases are Perfect Dark and Shadow Complex, with Guardian Heroes coming tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

First ever? Wow. Hopefully you have good experiences with these, as there is some absolute gold on XBLA.

Shadow Complex is amazing, I"m sure you'll enjoy it. To me, Perfect Dark had really aged poorly...

[quote name='tylerh1701']First ever? Wow. Hopefully you have good experiences with these, as there is some absolute gold on XBLA.

Shadow Complex is amazing, I"m sure you'll enjoy it. To me, Perfect Dark had really aged poorly...[/QUOTE]

Nope. It's still awesome

Shadow Complex is such a great game. One of the few games that made me play it again right after finishing it.

[quote name='Coltin']Nope. It's still awesome[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%...

I think people don't like it because it doesn't hold your hand the entire time like modern FPS. No radar, no map, no regenerating health, limited info on how to complete objectives... Just how I like it ;). Games that actually make you think.

Definitely a HD remaster done right...

[quote name='Rollobobo']Guardian Heroes tomorrow morning bitches!!!!! :)

(Yes, I am excited!) :)[/QUOTE]

Hell Yes. So excited. I honestly pulled a day off from work to just beat the shit out of that game in the AM.

Also, totally rocking it on my Arcade Stick, it's going to be glorious.

I heard that shadow complex is amazing. and for 600 Ms points this is a steal. However, my backlog is HUGE!!!!!, I mean, now I am completely stuck with GOW 3. So I think I will pass, I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back