XBLA - Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix - 1200pts

In your game, does Ryu say "habanero" instead of "hadouken"? :whistle2:k If so, just toggle the language setting on your remote. You're welcome! :cool:

He says Hadouken. They all do scream their shit. It seems like sometimes (and sometimes more then others) they will do a move (that usually comes with a scream) and not say anything.

LOL @ Chase. Nice.

Who wants to help me win online? I'm like 6-16. I no longer have the free time to play hours per day like when I was a young'in

Two double K.O's in final round was the second Double K.O.
We both got a win, or loss. I forget which.

Ever get a double ko in the final round? Damn that should be an achievement I don't care what anyone says lol.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Ever get a double ko in the final round? Damn that should be an achievement I don't care what anyone says lol.[/quote]
I actually did in one of my first matches. The next round was called "Final Round" or something like that.

Today, was not good for me playing this, got completely owned, my record was like 12 losses to 1 win. Yesterday was a little better though, my record was 12 wins and 2 losses. The darn 360 d-pad keeps messing me up when trying to do dragon punches =(. Can't wait until the Nyko six button pads come out.

Does the music ever go out when you guys play online matches? A couple of times when I had online matches the sound effects would be on but the background music would be completely silent?

[quote name='trublustang03']Does the music ever go out when you guys play online matches? A couple of times when I had online matches the sound effects would be on but the background music would be completely silent?[/quote]

I had that happen once. It was on T. Hawk's stage.

[quote name='trublustang03']Today, was not good for me playing this, got completely owned, my record was like 12 losses to 1 win. Yesterday was a little better though, my record was 12 wins and 2 losses. The darn 360 d-pad keeps messing me up when trying to do dragon punches =(. Can't wait until the Nyko six button pads come out?[/quote]

I know how ya feel. The first night I powered in 30 wins no problem with about 4 looses. The next day the competition was steep. I hung it up after 5 losses in a row.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']What happened?[/quote]

I can't afford a stick so I'm stuck with the 360 controller D-pad... which makes me able to pull moves off only 30% of the time >_

Guys.. seriously try the 360 analog stick. I didn't believe it at first but it's really a lot better for this game.

I got some good news though, my buddy is sending me a green 360 controller from Germany. Hopefully he'll find the green battery pack to go with it too... :]

And to everyone working on 200/200 achievements, let me know what your win record at 100 is... just curious.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I can't afford a stick so I'm stuck with the 360 controller D-pad... which makes me able to pull moves off only 30% of the time >_

Man, any of you guys hear Ryu saying "La Muerte Peluda" when he does the hurricane kick? My friend just kept laughing at it, since we saw that South Park episode. I no longer hear Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku...not that I really did before.

This is my last fighting game on the 360. :nottalking:
I have a PS3.. it's just in the closet (zing) until Xmas...:lol:

If there's ever a PSN sale and this is on there, I'll be getting it again. Well, maybe.

I just played against a guy whose gamertag was ShinAkuma something, using Akuma and I perfected him twice in a row. You'd think a guy with a Akuma gamertag using Akuma would know how to use Akuma. :lol: I was using Ryu BTW.

So I just started playing ranked today. It takes pretty damn long to find a match, it that normal? And is it always best of 5 matches?

Yeah! It takes me awhile to find games too! I guess everyone said "fuck DIS" and got the PS3 version..:lol:
And yeah, it's weird that it's best out of 5.. :whistle2:k. Oh well.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I just played against a guy whose gamertag was ShinAkuma something, using Akuma and I perfected him twice in a row. You'd think a guy with a Akuma gamertag using Akuma would know how to use Akuma. :lol: I was using Ryu BTW.

So I just started playing ranked today. It takes pretty damn long to find a match, it that normal? And is it always best of 5 matches?[/quote]

Yeah it's best out of 5, just like it should be. I could rarely do either quick matches or custom matches. I always had to make a match if I want to play one relatively quickly.

And about the Akuma guy? I'm sure he was probably just a scrub but if I could defend him for a minute: Akuma got nerfed for sure in this game. Akuma was my main guy in all my favorite SF's... Super Turbo, A1, A2, A3, Third Strike. He sucks in this game.. I'd say he's last tier. In Super Turbo he was god tier now he's a fucking peasant.

I stopped using him cuz he's horrible.

Well, I'm not that scrub but speaking as someone with a below 500 record (24-34 I think....) how about giving us guys who don't play 10 hours a day a break? It's not easy to enjoy games when someone is spamming a move to trap you

i noticed this when i play early afternoon 2-5 pm EST everyone online is pretty easy to beat

but after 7 watch out the hardcores arei playing lol

are all the matches you won ranked?

i had the same problem i had to start all over and start winning matches over again cause i missed someone luckly it was ken and i only had to win like 6 battles

Won With Every Character in an Online Ranked Match.

[quote name='PhrostByte']And about the Akuma guy? I'm sure he was probably just a scrub but if I could defend him for a minute: Akuma got nerfed for sure in this game. Akuma was my main guy in all my favorite SF's... Super Turbo, A1, A2, A3, Third Strike. He sucks in this game.. I'd say he's last tier. In Super Turbo he was god tier now he's a fucking peasant.
[/QUOTE]
I've only used Akuma a couple times, what did they change with him? All I noticed was his hurricane kick gets 3 hits and I think his air fireball isn't as fast as it used to be.

I dunno why but I always find it hilarious when I land his Super, I was cracking up because the other guy said "AWWWW" in such disbelief.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Well, I'm not that scrub but speaking as someone with a below 500 record (24-34 I think....) how about giving us guys who don't play 10 hours a day a break? It's not easy to enjoy games when someone is spamming a move to trap you[/QUOTE]
I don't see how one could give another guy a break. I mean if one person is getting overwhelmed, it doesn't necessarily mean the other person is doing anything considered cheap. And 10 hours a day is quite an exaggeration. This is like a 15+ year old game, there are just some amazing players out there whose skillset carries over.

On another note, I just played against an awesome Blanka user who could seemingly hit me with electricity out of nowhere. Nice contrast to the "charge and wait" Balrog I killed beforehand.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I just played against a guy whose gamertag was ShinAkuma something, using Akuma and I perfected him twice in a row. You'd think a guy with a Akuma gamertag using Akuma would know how to use Akuma. :lol: I was using Ryu BTW.

So I just started playing ranked today. It takes pretty damn long to find a match, it that normal? And is it always best of 5 matches?[/QUOTE]

matches come pretty fast to me, instead of choosing quick match try custom
then when it refreshes press up and A instead of choosing the ones closest to the top
I usually get in really quick, once in a while they are full

and yes its always 3 out of 5, I'm not sure but i heard that its because real tournaments are like that
I wish there was an option to make the damage all the way down, maybe infinite time, and taking out throws
I have never been thrown so much in a street fighter game, the friends i usually play with like to fight and not throw(not so much with 3D fighters)

[quote name='mykevermin']Why did y'all who have PS3s buy this on the 360? It's not like you *just* discovered the d-pad on the 360 was a piece of junk.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's not like the PS3 dpad is good or anything.

Just good in comparison to the 360 dpad.

Anyways, if you're serious about this game you have or are getting a stick.

I just got done playing Yukine and played in some spectator matches on Thursday with some other CAG-ers - good, fun games. SAB CA was a monster on Thursday with a near 20-ish game winning streak.

I still can't get over how gorgeous this game looks. I booted up my SNES copy of SSFII and the comparison is amazing. Beyond the Ken & Ryu matches I seem to have 75% of the time (I get tired of fireball, roundhouse, jab shoryuken corner traps), I really like the online matches and the variety in player strategies. I never mind getting beat by a Dhalsim or E.Honda expert.

[quote name='PhrostByte']And to everyone working on 200/200 achievements, let me know what your win record at 100 is... just curious.[/QUOTE]

I'm at 11/12 on the achievements, with just the 100 win ach. to go. Currently I'm at 74W/64L, but I took an absolute beating on the 'Master of All Things' achievement, as I'm not so great with the grapplers or Dhalsim.

The premium SFIV stick cannot come quick enough as the d-pad and analog can't quite get me the combos I need from Cammy.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PhrostByte']And to everyone working on 200/200 achievements, let me know what your win record at 100 is... just curious.[/QUOTE]

100 W 34 L

The Master of All Things Achievement did not help at all. Onward and upward!

[quote name='mrchainsaw']I actually did in one of my first matches. The next round was called "Final Round" or something like that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but we had the double KO in the FINAL ROUND! LOL! It was insane, two double KOs in one match. We added each other to our friends list just over that stupid fact. I think we both got losses ultimately though.

Also, for those having trouble finding ranked matches - make your own. Make a ranked match with voice disabled. I get matches started in about 20 seconds tops. There are a lot less matches out there with voice disabled, so games are easier to start that way.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Yeah but we had the double KO in the FINAL ROUND! LOL! It was insane, two double KOs in one match. We added each other to our friends list just over that stupid fact. I think we both got losses ultimately though.[/QUOTE]

That's how SF arcade games have always treated a double KO in the final round: as a loss for both players.

[quote name='lilboo']He says Hadouken. They all do scream their shit. It seems like sometimes (and sometimes more then others) they will do a move (that usually comes with a scream) and not say anything.[/quote]

I got the game yesterday and I've noticed this too. It must be an audio glitch or something.

[quote name='mykevermin']Why did y'all who have PS3s buy this on the 360? It's not like you *just* discovered the d-pad on the 360 was a piece of junk.[/quote]

I honestly have no problem using the d-pad but, that may be due to the fact that I have always used one for fighting games since the days of SF II on the SNES. It may bea easier with charge character too since I use those more, but I throw a Ryu or Ken in there from time to time.

Personally, I think the 360 d-pad is better than the one for the original Xbox. I used the d-pad for that with Capcom vs. SNK 2, KOF 02/03, KOF Neowave, SVC Chaos, and Samurai Shodown V online.

Add me to the list of people bitching about the d-pad, but i cant see paying $40 for a controller for use with 1 game. The SF controller doesnt even have an analog stick so it cant be used for other games.

Oh and wtf was up with the demo, why not let me play one match vs the cpu? As much as i was looking forward to this, I'm passing on it at $15.

[quote name='GenghisJohn']Add me to the list of people bitching about the d-pad, but i cant see paying $40 for a controller for use with 1 game. The SF controller doesnt even have an analog stick so it cant be used for other games.

Oh and wtf was up with the demo, why not let me play one match vs the cpu? As much as i was looking forward to this, I'm passing on it at $15.[/QUOTE]

The SF (no analog) or Hori pads (has analog) can be used with all the other fighters on XBOX 360, as well as a lot of other XBLA games where a good dpad is better than analog, so I think they are worth it.

[quote name='CouRageouS']
I don't see how one could give another guy a break. I mean if one person is getting overwhelmed, it doesn't necessarily mean the other person is doing anything considered cheap. And 10 hours a day is quite an exaggeration. This is like a 15+ year old game, there are just some amazing players out there whose skillset carries over.
[/QUOTE]

I was referring to the calling someone a "scrub" comment. I played this game in the arcade a lot many years ago and thought it would be fun to reconnect with the game online playing people. If you're going to spam me, I'll simply avoid you. I'm the type of player who is going to mix it up with attacks and even characters I don't know cause it's fun. L33T players are not fun. So don't be a dick about it is all I ask. OK?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Well, I'm not that scrub but speaking as someone with a below 500 record (24-34 I think....) how about giving us guys who don't play 10 hours a day a break? It's not easy to enjoy games when someone is spamming a move to trap you[/quote]

I can somewhat understand you point of view however, and I'm not trying sound like a smartass, the object of the game is to win. It's kind of like the old camping argument in FPS. What are people supposed to do? Run out in the open so they can be shot? What characters are you using and who is it that is being used against you? With practice you should be able to stop most anyone spamming moves, and I'm not sayng that as some expert or anything because I am far from it. My record is only .500 right now.

Again....missing the point. Like I said, I vary it up and if I get my ass handed to me by someone who's been practicing with a certain character that's fine. I just hope to give someone a run for their money. I just personally get ticked by the people who do one thing for all 3 to 5 round. One dude using Guile (not you of course) would not move. Just sat in crouch. I barely won in 5 rounds but it wasn't any fun. That's fine, I simply mark the player as avoid. But just because I'm not going to spam or don't have time to practice for hours anymore doesn't make me a "scrub". It's attitudes like that which kill the whole concept of making new friends or an open atmosphere among gamers playing online.

Have some motherfucking respect. That is all.

I just got my last achievement (win 100 ranked matches) to make me 12/12. My current record is 100W-91L. Just a hair better than .500.

Most of the 191 games I played were fun (I even accidentally ran into GuilewasNK on a ranked match), but I did get a few drops before an assured victory and one guy I swept 3 rounds with Cammy (varied techniques in all my matches, but I do like her jumping Strong Punch a lot) in a row messaged me to call me a 'loser' and then said gave me bad feedback - haha. I don't play online a ton so I forget from time to time how immature people can be on Live.

[quote name='wjhard63']
Most of the 191 games I played were fun (I even accidentally ran into GuilewasNK on a ranked match[/quote]

Yeah, I think I ran into two CAGs so far during a random ranked match. Cool stuff.

I actually started getting wins after we played wjhard. Then I went on a damn losing streak again.

That happened to me as well, this guy I got matched up with three times in a row and successfully beat him all three times messaged me "fuck you!" :lol:

bread's done
Back