XBox 360 120gb Hard Drive $99.99 at Circuit City

[quote name='LemonJoose']LOL, that $15 off of $100+ coupon clearly says in the fine print that gaming hardware and game software is excluded. I picked one up off the counter at CC and tried to use it a couple of weeks ago when I bought both Fable 2 and Fallout 3, but the clerk was sharp and pointed out the fine print.[/quote]
actually, it "clearly" states that the exception for game software is ONLY for online purchases. unless the $15 off $100 coupon that i scanned and posted is different than yours, but i have several different types with the same offer, and NONE of them exclude game software for in store purchases...

Me and a friend picked up (apparently) the last 2 at the Roanoke VA store. When I called and gave them the stock # they couldn't find it, then they told me it was $180. When I actually went in they had two, and they both rang up at $99 :p

[quote name='LemonJoose']LOL, that $15 off of $100+ coupon clearly says in the fine print that gaming hardware and game software is excluded. I picked one up off the counter at CC and tried to use it a couple of weeks ago when I bought both Fable 2 and Fallout 3, but the clerk was sharp and pointed out the fine print.[/quote]
than use this one, it's good for game software (in store only though), but it does expire in a few days...

CCcoupon3scan.jpg

[quote name='pjay']I got a 360 120gb hdd here in Florida for $85 with a CC $15 off of $100 coupon someone was nice enough to scan and put up on this board. This was the Boynton Beach, Florida store I went too and they 4 or more 120gb hdd's left.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up. I live 5 minutes from this store, picked up the last one on the shelf, also bought left 4 dead which came with a $10 gift card and applied it to the hard drive. transfering the files over as I type this.

[quote name='dilbert2154']Thanks for the heads up. I live 5 minutes from this store, picked up the last one on the shelf, also bought left 4 dead which came with a $10 gift card and applied it to the hard drive. transfering the files over as I type this.[/quote]

np.:) You got the last one huh, yikes those 4 went fast.

[quote name='Guerrilla']The current theory that I've seen is that MS is "discontinuing" the 120GB because:

1) MS wants to push the 60GB for $100 for a higher profit margin
2) if a consumer wants a new 120GB, it forces them to buy an Elite (thus making it "more elite")

If that's true, it's all about stretching profit.[/quote]

I've been trying to figure out why these 120GB are drying up myself. If I had to guess, I'd go with 1). The Peter Moore interview a few months ago spoke volumes to microsoft's thinking. MS is terrified of these hard drives after taking a bath on the ones in the original xbox hence the outrageous price from the add ons. I would think that they are trying to take "maximizing profits" to a whole new level. I wouldn't be surprised if they came up with a way to bridge two 60GB HD then try to sell a 120GB.

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT']i know it's not that big of a deal, but you could've also used this coupon to get an additional $5 off at sears...

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/coupons.action?coupon=save_5_on_purchase

and i'm just curious, how did you get them to price match it, because i only see the 60gig HD listed on their website? was it in this weeks ad, or am i missing something?[/quote]
they will call the closest store to verify price and thats it. yea i coulda used that coupon but i wasnt planning on buying at sears just realized i could get it for same price at the last minute.

went to CC today. they didnt have any that i could find and the guy who worked in the games/software dept told me they havent had any for a few months. he said he thought they stopped making them. all they had was 60GB starter kits for $99

About the price matching: my local Circuit City is closing and they don't even have a space on the shelf/sticker for the 120gig hdd. So if another place called there to price match it, would they even have it in the system and/or know what to tell them? Also, since it is closing, it wouldn't have the cheap price in its system anyway would it? I really want one of these damn things and am having no luck...

does anyone know if when you transfer your info to a new harddrive do you lose all your gamesaves/ that would sux to lose all that time on fallout 3....thanks everyone

:cry: my local CC is closing and they are doing a clearance but they wont match the price online...guess i ll find some other deal to get this

[quote name='gantt']My understanding is it still checks the disc even if you've installed to hard drive, so if that part of the disc (or the disc in general) is unreadable, you'd still have a problem.[/quote]

I believe it only checks to make sure you have the disc. As long as I get a clean install in the first place, I shouldn't have a problem. This error seems to pop up randomly. Used to happen a lot more often with RB1 after playing DLC, but now it's a lot less frequent on RB2.

I wonder if anyone has tried to install games with more than one disc...say LOST ODESSY or Blue Dragon!?!?!?! When I popped that case open I almost had a heart attack, 5 freaking discs!??!?!?! not CD's, but DVD's!!!! good lord.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I wonder if anyone has tried to install games with more than one disc...say LOST ODESSY or Blue Dragon!?!?!?! When I popped that case open I almost had a heart attack, 5 freaking discs!??!?!?! not CD's, but DVD's!!!! good lord.[/quote]

You can install the game that you're currently on (need cd 1 install cd1). The 4th dvd contains all the previous levels the content that takes up the dvds are the cut-scenes/movies and stuff that are only found on those cds so you dont really need to install all of them at once like you dont need all 4 cds running at once.

I called a Circuit City near the Tacoma Mall in Washington and they said that none of their stores have them in stock in pretty much the whole western Washington area.

Thanks for this deal. Just picked one up at the Deptford NJ store. The tag on the post holding it said 179.99, but it rang up for 99.99. Of course nobody had a clue about the 15 off coupon. Sorry for anybody in the area, it was the last one. I have been waiting to get one of these for a while. My current HD has less than 1 gig of space.

It is kind of hit or miss if they will take the $15 off coupon. That's not to say the coupon isn't good, it is. It just depends whom you get at the check out.

[quote name='Megalith']fucking laughable how $100 for a 120GB is a "deal." fuck MS.

Carry on.[/quote]

Well even tho these HDs are basically regular SATA HDs with a little modification they still are proprietary hardware. You aren't buying generic hard drives that have tons of tons of competitors out there your buying a MS branded [not made] product that makes it so you can still claim warrenty claims on an already finiky console.

With the release of NXE these HDs are even in MORE demand especially with all the little things that were added [one of the biggest of which is copying over of discs over to your HD for faster load times (for the most part)]. And with the system being over 3 years old the library of games available now and all the saved games / info / DLC / XBLA being put onto HDs having more space is not a luxury anymore its a big necessity...

This is a great forum! Found you with google and found a deal! I bought the last one on the shelf. The wife let me get it with no complaints b/c it was still marked $179. Price check confirmed $99.

I'll be visiting this site often!:applause:

Ace

[quote name='Golf Ace']This is a great forum! Found you with google and found a deal! I bought the last one on the shelf. The wife let me get it with no complaints b/c it was still marked $179. Price check confirmed $99.

Ace[/QUOTE]

Cheap Ass Gamer: Helping Marital Bliss since 2008.
:D:D

I saw 6 on the shelf saturday at the CCIty in Lakewood, CA (near Long Beach) in the parking lot of the Lakewood Mall :) They are marked 179, but ring up 99,....happy hunting :)

Sorry to go off topic a bit, but has anyone else noticed that while installing games completely removes disc drive noise while playing, it creates a ridiculously loud noise whil on the dashboard? When I'm browsing the marketplace or just sitting on the dashboard I can hear the disc spinning for no apparent reason. Is it spinning just so that picture can appear on the "My Xbox" tab? It just seems like it is putting unnecessary wear on the disc drive.

Anyways, I picked up the HDD at Target for $125.00. I've still got my receipt, so I'm going to attempt to get one at CC for $85.00 and take it back to Target with my $125.00 receipt.

[quote name='chickenboybryan']I am hoping someone pick up a few to sell on cag. I look at every cc in my area and found nothing.[/QUOTE]
Did you ask for it. Thats what i had to. Did not see any around but i had to ask.

My CC had the HD's in the backroom. Got one + a $3 Catch Me If You Can DVD for about $74 total, after a $15/$100 coupon and a $20 GC from Ninja Gaiden II.

[quote name='Golf Ace']This is a great forum! Found you with google and found a deal! I bought the last one on the shelf. The wife let me get it with no complaints b/c it was still marked $179. Price check confirmed $99.

Ace[/quote]

Ha!

I was there last tuesday and as soon as I read this post, within 30 minutes I was out the door when I got confirmation they had it. Bought two at that store, the csr who rang it up must have gotten number 3 and of course you got number 4. Geez I thought it would have been gone by the weekend.

[quote name='dennisb407']$139 +tx here at the Orlando,Fl. stores. They're not even listed on the CC website. =([/quote]

Its advertised at that price, but once you scan it, it will ring 99.99

[quote name='dizzlle01']Its advertised at that price, but once you scan it, it will ring 99.99[/quote]
No, it scanned for $139 +tx. lol

[quote name='Zerokenohki']Thanks guys I picked up one today! Houston Circuit City :bouncy:[/quote]
hey Zerokenohki where in H-town did you find one?
i was looking for a another one for a buddy of mine & we tried 3 locations but no luck

After ebaying my old 20GB & the HDD transfer kit that came with this 120GB drive, this upgrade cost me about 20 bucks out of pocket.
Those who are whining about this being pricey have no idea of what a neat deal this is!!

I wrote down the CC info and got a PM at the Southcenter Best Buy in Tukwila, WA. (Yes, just south of the mall where 2 people got shot this past weekend)

[quote name='joker______']hey Zerokenohki where in H-town did you find one?
i was looking for a another one for a buddy of mine & we tried 3 locations but no luck[/quote]

Look at the pictures he posted. The address to the store is clearly visible on the receipt.

[quote name='Kubby1974']I saw 6 on the shelf saturday at the CCIty in Lakewood, CA (near Long Beach) in the parking lot of the Lakewood Mall :) They are marked 179, but ring up 99,....happy hunting :)[/quote]

I'm going to check this place out. I'm leaving in 3 hours, so the first person who wants one for $115($100 if i can find the coupons) shipped with an echeck from paypal gets it. ($108 with tax and $7 for usps confirmed shipping and time at post office)
Insurance is optional, but I want you guys to know that I had bad luck with my last shipment. And of course i wont ship until the echeck clears

[quote name='Kubby1974']I saw 6 on the shelf saturday at the CCIty in Lakewood, CA (near Long Beach) in the parking lot of the Lakewood Mall :) They are marked 179, but ring up 99,....happy hunting :)[/quote]

Thanks kubby, their is 4 left. I couldn't find any valid coupons.

bread's done
Back