Xbox 360 Premium & Elite w/Forza 2 & Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - Supplies Running Out

PyroGamer

Banned
Microsoft this morning confirmed part of the bundle rumor that's been ravaging the Internet for weeks: All Xbox 360s and Xbox 360 Elites will now come with free copies of Forza Motorsport 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance, a $90 value.
http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/microsoft-gives-away-two-games-with-360s-308136.php

Nice to hear the double-game bundles are finally back. Hopefully they keep bundling such great games, too (as opposed to the Tetris Worlds crap they started resorting to on the OG Xbox)

Hot on the heels of a price reduction for all Xbox 360 consoles, Microsoft is now giving holiday buyers even more value by including two great games with every Xbox 360 console and Xbox 360 Elite, a retail savings of $90 for consumers. The acclaimed "Forza Motorsport 2" (Microsoft Game Studios) and "Marvel Ultimate Alliance" (Activision) will both be included for the recently reduced prices of $349.99 (U.S.) for Xbox 360 and $449.99 (U.S.) for Xbox 360 Elite. Both bundles will be available retail-wide by the end of October.

[quote name='CommieX']I got a Lot # 0741, Team FDOU, manufactured 10/9/2007, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't have the Falcon chipset. You guys are really just wasting your time worrying about this, as there is really no way of knowing what you are going to get. On top of that, we don't even know yet if the Falcon CPU significantly improves the 360's stability. Either way, the 360 will still be loud as hell and will be covered by a good warranty.[/quote]

Apparently, we are not only cheap-asses, but the majority of us are dumb-asses. All of us combined have an IQ of 300 - people like you and I make up the 100 average. The rest are 1 a piece. Idiots.

I camped out 8 hours to get a Pro with the free GH2 only to have the thing not read disks and make grinding noises at me after a few hours of play. I returned it and paid the difference for a Halo Edition lot 734 Team fDOU 203 wat, seems much quieter and nicer, matches my apartment paintjob ta boot. I figure the bundled games will only get cheaper used as people sell them off so its no loss to not have that new bundle I wanted the Halo one anyway and got to keep my GH2.

Anyone have any idea when stores will be getting new stock in? No stores near me have any Elites in stock. Both Newegg and Amazon are out of stock as well. Ideas?

[quote name='wwfward']Lot No. 0742
Team FDOU

I think I got a Falcon. But I got a Hitachi instead of a BenQ Drive. Can't win them all I guess.[/quote]

Where do you check for the drive?

[quote name='PathMaster']Anyone have any idea when stores will be getting new stock in? No stores near me have any Elites in stock. Both Newegg and Amazon are out of stock as well. Ideas?[/QUOTE]

Well I was told by Fry's that they would have gotten some in today, but they didn't have any. They had a shelf full of Halo Edition ones though. I think I'll try again in December.

[quote name='koji126']Well I was told by Fry's that they would have gotten some in today, but they didn't have any. They had a shelf full of Halo Edition ones though. I think I'll try again in December.[/quote]

Hmm. I can only guess that they will have been pushing out all old stock and starting now all new stock will be Falcons. One can hope at least.

Anyone else know restock schedules for some big stores B&M and online?

Just as an update - my Amazon Elite 360 is very quiet and very cool. If you are going to pick one up- consider them- even though they DO charge sales tax for those of us in Washington.

[quote name='friedram']Just as an update - my Amazon Elite 360 is very quiet and very cool. If you are going to pick one up- consider them- even though they DO charge sales tax for those of us in Washington.[/quote]
If you do not mind me asking, when did your order it and is it a Falcon? Amazon or Newegg are my top choices for ordering.

Where can I find out more about the pros and cons of various versions of the hardware? I meant, which one is the best to get so far?

[quote name='eau']Where can I find out more about the pros and cons of various versions of the hardware? I meant, which one is the best to get so far?[/quote]

Well the best ones to go for are the Falcon ones with the BenQ disk drives. Those are the best and just surpass the other verisons. There are pretty much no pros of getting the other verisons. Here is a link to determining whether you have a Falcon or not.

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=552406

[quote name='friedram']Just as an update - my Amazon Elite 360 is very quiet and very cool. If you are going to pick one up- consider them- even though they DO charge sales tax for those of us in Washington.[/quote]

When did you order yours from Amazon? I was planning on getting one from them, but they were backordered for a couple weeks, and now they don't offer them at all (only 3rd party sellers).

[quote name='shortaznkid99']Well the best ones to go for are the Falcon ones with the BenQ disk drives. Those are the best and just surpass the other verisons. There are pretty much no pros of getting the other verisons. Here is a link to determining whether you have a Falcon or not.

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=552406[/quote]
Thanks for the info. How about the Elite model? Is there a 'Falcon' equivalent of it?

Man what's the deal with the Elite? It's OOS EVERYWHERE: Amazon, CC, BB Newegg, Buy.com, EB/GS, etc... Seems kind of weird that it would be on such short supply, I have a hard time believing that MS was caught by surprise by the demand.

Well on the plus side it's likely that once it's restocked it'll be all Falcon models, I just hope they'll still be bundling Forza2 and MUA.

i'm trying to find an Elite myself, but can't find one online or at a local store here (northern NJ). anyone know when new shipments are coming out?

The Costco near me pulled all their XBOX 360 bundles which were the older models. I think these will be restocked soon with the Falcons

Having a box that says 203W can still be a Falcon but ALL boxes with 175W is a Falcon for sure because Zephyrs cannot run on a 175W power supply. For all the whiny babies, can we now please move on to more important things?

175w.jpg

Right, 203 watt power supply CAN STILL BE a FALCON. Mine is.

Also I'm not sure my power supply really is as good as the original one was. It only has two prongs (I thought the original was 3? Maybe not). And it feels lighter. Either way though, systems with the larger PSU can still be a Falcon, as mine is.

I wonder when they changed?

[quote name='friedram']Just as an update - my Amazon Elite 360 is very quiet and very cool. If you are going to pick one up- consider them- even though they DO charge sales tax for those of us in Washington.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but I don't believe you. QuietER, yes. Quiet, no. I've got a Falcon with a BenQ drive, and it's far quieter than my old 360, but I still need to triple my TV's volume when using it, it's still so loud I can't hear my computer when the 360 is running, etc.

It's bad enough that I've decided I'm not using it as my main system.

[quote name='Malice']I just received my Pro Value Bundle from Amazon. It's NOT a Falcon. Just wanted to put that out there.[/quote]

When was it made? I'm seriously considering it...

[quote name='pogipinoy27']Has anyone bought their 360 from buy.com? Are they shipping falcons?[/quote]

i just did, but only today so I don't know if it'll be a Falcon or not..

$335 shipped after 5% coupon i found somewhere(if you want the link i can dig it up) plus maybe 2.2% cash back from Jellyfish(but not sure if i did the jellyfish stuff right)

[quote name='smoger']i just did, but only today so I don't know if it'll be a Falcon or not..

$335 shipped after 5% coupon i found somewhere(if you want the link i can dig it up) plus maybe 2.2% cash back from Jellyfish(but not sure if i did the jellyfish stuff right)[/quote]

I definitely would like that link please.

[quote name='orimental']When was it made? I'm seriously considering it...[/quote]2007-08-11.

As for the lot number, I'm not sure. What is the lot number exactly? Is it the number with like 10 digits?

I looked into the 360 and it's got the copper pipe.

I would also like to verify what wolfpup said, mine is labelled 203w and is a Falcon.

Wwfward, I feel your pain, thumbs up for the Falcon, thumbs down on my Hitachi drive.

I had a year old X360 I exchanged at Gamestop last month, (got the extended warranty back when they offered it) due to the powerbrick acting up. The light would glow red on the brick, and the 360 would not power up.

Anyway, my point is that I have the Hitachi drive on the new 360, which by everything I read is the crappiest due to the noise. Although I don't know what drive my old 360 had, the new one, with the supposed loud Hitachi drive, is much, much quieter than the old one. So far I'm happy.

On a side note, if you want to screw with a friend that has a 360, when he leaves the room, unplug the AV cable. When he turns it on...boom, instant red ring. Once he starts crying, plug the cord back in, and it is good as new. This is probably old news for you seasoned young gamers, but I accidentally stumbled upon it and it has proved hillarious at times. :lol:

[quote name='smoger']i just did, but only today so I don't know if it'll be a Falcon or not..

$335 shipped after 5% coupon i found somewhere(if you want the link i can dig it up) plus maybe 2.2% cash back from Jellyfish(but not sure if i did the jellyfish stuff right)[/QUOTE]

I bought mine from buy.com too. It has the BenQ drive, but I think it's a Zephyr chipset (hard to tell just by peering though the grill).

[quote name='spookyhurst']I bought mine from buy.com too. It has the BenQ drive, but I think it's a Zephyr chipset (hard to tell just by peering though the grill).[/QUOTE]

It's a pain until you figure it out. You really do need a BRIGHT flashlight shined in directly where it tells you to to see the capacitors.

I got Circuit City to order me one from their warehouse... they shipped it directly to my apartment. They told me it would take 7-10 days, and it took two. I haven't opened it yet, due to a deal with my wife (Christmas Present) but I'll likely open it this weekend and be able to see if it is a Zeph or a Falcon. I know it's Team: TMEM and it was made 9/2007. (it has Forza2 and M:UA)

[quote name='vienge']Got the 360 Elite from Gamestop w/ free 3 yr. warranty pretty sure it's not a Falcon.[/QUOTE]
You sure the "free" warranty you got was not the one issued by Microsoft for the RROD?

Black Friday, I decided to trade my launch 360 for an Elite at GameCrazy. They had two. Both were Zephyrs, Lot 729, manufactured 7/20/07. Bought one of them since I couldn't find Elites anywhere. I had to pay $330 out of pocket, but got a $20 Gift Card and 12 Free Game Rentals from Hollywood Video (in addition to a bigger HD and HDMI). Unfortunately, the console RROD'd on me every time I started it (was playable after restart). GameCrazy did not want to replace it because "any RROD problems must be referred to MS." Called MS and they said the store should exchange it since it falls under thier return policy. I ragged out the manager and he managed to find an Elite at a nearby GC. Should have it after work.

I got the premium bundle at Game Crazy also

2007-9-24
Lot #0736
Team: FDOU

Dont know for sure if its a Falcon
But its been running a lot with no problems so far
(knock on wood)

[quote name='Advocatus']I got Circuit City to order me one from their warehouse... they shipped it directly to my apartment. They told me it would take 7-10 days, and it took two. I haven't opened it yet, due to a deal with my wife (Christmas Present) but I'll likely open it this weekend and be able to see if it is a Zeph or a Falcon. I know it's Team: TMEM and it was made 9/2007. (it has Forza2 and M:UA)[/QUOTE]

Edit: I opened it when I got home from work today, big ass copper pipes. Oh well, I'll make sure to get the extended warranty via Visa (1/2 the price of the Best Buy plan for 3 years)

[quote name='DomLando']You sure the "free" warranty you got was not the one issued by Microsoft for the RROD?[/QUOTE]
now that you mention it the guy was kinda clueless. When I asked for an Elite he showed up with a Pro and then I said 'no the black one' and he thought I meant the original XBox...

oh holiday retail employees, you get so little training.

[quote name='vienge']now that you mention it the guy was kinda clueless. When I asked for an Elite he showed up with a Pro and then I said 'no the black one' and he thought I meant the original XBox...

oh holiday retail employees, you get so little training.[/QUOTE]

Yikes, this was at a GAMESTOP? I think my Gamestop people are always above average in game knowledge. Not always as knowledgeable as we are, but certainly they'd know what an Elite is! My Toy's R Us people are good too.

Hell Yes!!! Just got an Elite bundle with the Falcon at Gamestop! No heatpipe and 1 less inductor. Took in a picture of the 175W label and the cute girls working their were very helpful in checking the back for one! Man I am returning my Halo ed from Wally World! If anyone cares the info is Lot 0742 Team FDOU and manuf date is 2007-10-17.

Congratulations! It sounds like Gamestop is really a great place to go for newer hardware (makes sense). Mine from like two or three weeks ago is a Falcon too (regular bundle), but has the older power supply. 742 has to be as new as it gets, as I had trouble finding even a 739 a couple of weeks ago.

Is your PSU any different in size or anything? Because actually I'm suspicious that my PSU is really lower wattage than it claims, as it feels lighter than my old ones did, and I thought my old ones had three prongs. I might be remembering wrong though.

My psu has plastic on the connector to xbox vs metal on other one. Can't tell about the size, still large and bricky! Got the Benq drive and played for about an hour and it is way cooler at the fan exhaust than the Halo ed with Zephyr board:bouncy: .

So there are actually new PSU. There is the old heavy one and the new lighter one. You can use the old one with the new 360s. Some of the new 360s are bundled with the old PSU.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Yikes, this was at a GAMESTOP? I think my Gamestop people are always above average in game knowledge. Not always as knowledgeable as we are, but certainly they'd know what an Elite is! My Toy's R Us people are good too.[/quote]

The guys at GameStop out here wouldn't know their foot from their hand.

A good example was when I went in and asked about the different disc drives in older Xboxes. The guy said "As far as I know they all had thesame hardware" then he went to "check with someone" about it. This check consisted of him going behind the counter and restocking PSP's pretending that I didn't even ask him a question.

Top job work.

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']The guys at GameStop out here wouldn't know their foot from their hand.

A good example was when I went in and asked about the different disc drives in older Xboxes. The guy said "As far as I know they all had thesame hardware" then he went to "check with someone" about it. This check consisted of him going behind the counter and restocking PSP's pretending that I didn't even ask him a question.

Top job work.[/quote]

Very poor argument. Just think about what you just said...YOU ARE EXPECTING A WORKER AT A GAME SHOP TO KNOW THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF DISC DRIVES.

Their job is to keep the store neat so you can shop easily, to see if they have the game you are looking, and to ring you up. Since when was it part of their job to know what a Falcon vs Zephyr is, what a Jasper is, a Hitachi vs BenQ drive, 175W vs 203W power supply, 2-prong vs 3-prong, lot 0733 vs 0742, Team FDOU vs Team CSON, ATi vs nVidia?

What's next? Restaurant workers have to know how many grams of protein are in each dish? How about what is the difference between free-range chicken vs organic chicken?

What about you? What is your job title and where do you work at? If I wanted to be an ass, I could rip your job title apart and expect you to know shit that you don't need to know.

bread's done
Back