Xbox 360 system update preview nets you a free copy of Reach (closed)

[quote name='Hell Monkey']So did mine. Though mine was more "WTH did you have FedExed from MIcrosoft?! You better not be buying more games!"[/QUOTE]
LOL sounds like my girlfriend.

I'm here patiently waiting for a Fedex/UPS to arrive

[quote name='Captain Urahara']So I'm in the LIVE group, but haven't gotten the update yet. And no disc yet either, though I'm on the West coast so it's barely noon here and FedEx/UPS always show up to my house at the last minute.
Still, shouldn't I have the update by now?[/QUOTE]

Yes, if you get the disc I wouldn't use it.

[quote name='shosh']why would the data of halo reach decrease in size?

isn't the point of the new format is to add and extra gig of data to the disc? and/or piracy?[/QUOTE]

Anything extra on the disc? maps? flaming helmets? lol

Maybe more on the hard drive = better performance.

[quote name='shosh']why would the data of halo reach decrease in size?

isn't the point of the new format is to add and extra gig of data to the disc? and/or piracy?[/QUOTE]

It's probably an extra 100mb of stuff telling Microsoft 'hey, here's a preview disc and it works just like the other version of the game.'

Got my copy in a green environmental case. Some people are speculating that the disc won't work when the update arrives for everyone whenever that may be.

[quote name='clickpow']Yes, if you get the disc I wouldn't use it.[/QUOTE]
ARGH! Every time Microsoft does something to make me love them again they pull crap like this >_> Well I'll just have to check my 360 later on today and hope the update hits before I get my disc.
Luckily I planned on playing some Killzone 3 with some friends over at a friend's house today so that will burn some time.

[quote name='clickpow']ehh I love it when people don't know what they are talking about. People are selling their original copies(not the copy that clearly states not for resale, illegal etc.)[/QUOTE]

Well being a collector.. i would never sell a nice NORMAL copy for a fucken ugly copy that does not even have disc art..... and alot of CAG people are collectors as well.

Now I have to find some box art to go in the blank case. Not that I'm complaining about a free game, I'm just a collector and I like my collection looking nice.

For what it's worth, I didn't have the beta channel thing either, unless someone here downloaded it when I was gone, but I doubt it. I popped in the disc and it's all gravy.

[quote name='clickpow']If you have the beta channel you should be fine to use the disc Captain Urahara[/QUOTE]
See this is what confused me. Since the DISC group was supposed to receive the update via the disc, and the LIVE group was supposed to receive the update via LIVE, and yet both groups(as far as I know) got the beta channel update before the discs were sent out . . . then . . . oh forget it. Not worth stressing over.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Now I have to find some box art to go in the blank case. Not that I'm complaining about a free game, I'm just a collector and I like my collection looking nice.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. If you find a nice artwork scan, post it here!

I didnt even know they chose me but the package came in the mail with a disk to update my 360 and a copy of halo reach

I wonder if it's safe to trade in the retail disc of halo reach and just use this new one I got free from now on. I don't play halo reach much anyways and don't care for it as much as my other games.

Does the disc include the update?? I haven't received anything from M$ other than the game (not even a freaking email), and I don't want to start playing it lest it disable xbox live.

EDIT: whoops, was using wrong account. nevermind...

[quote name='KingBroly']Some people are speculating that the disc won't work when the update arrives for everyone whenever that may be.[/QUOTE]

I get why people might think that, but considering it says in the letter that the game is "yours to keep", that would be a dick move on the part of Microsoft. "The game is yours to keep...as a coaster. HAHA! fuck you! Thanks for testing!"

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I get why people might think that, but considering it says in the letter that the game is "yours to keep", that would be a dick move on the part of Microsoft. "The game is yours to keep...as a coaster. HAHA! fuck you! Thanks for testing!"[/QUOTE]

LMAO, As much as I agree with you we need to consider this is MS we're talking about. I wouldn't put it past them but doubt they'll pull the "rug" from under us.

[quote name='HydroX']Thanks. I found a couple scans but my printer is retarded and refuses to print it correctly. Guess it's going to be without artwork after all.[/QUOTE]

If your using windows DL the program UndercoverXP

It will do wonders for any covers you need to make and your printer should recognize the settings then. I tried this after gamestop sent me cases with no covers and it worked great. If you need help with it you can PM me.

Is anyone able to get any achievements with this disk? I havent really put a lot of effort into getting them but some of the easier ones (Doctor, Doctor) should have popped by now, I know I have used Health Packs to heal myself.

I got the update via Live, but after it installed I can no longer play Indie games. I tried 2 demos, the greatest sheep game or whatever it was called, and the redneck zombie tower defense one. Both give an error that an update needs to be installed before the game can be played and kick back out to the game library. Arcade games worked fine though.

I'll find out if I got the disc when I get home tonight. Might have to wait until tomorrow night if they left it with the front office of the apartment complex I live at.

[quote name='bardockkun']Just got my disc in a few minutes ago and I'm part of the Live update.[/QUOTE]

Maybe everyone is getting the disc today then ?

[quote name='jimrome27']can anyone post the reference# they used[/QUOTE]

There is none. Just ask if there is a package coming from Microsoft to be delivered to your address.

Beta disc arrived for me as well. Talk about a bland little package. Green disc, green case and a piece of paper saying not to use on non registered consoles.

Got my disc, was shipped overnight. Was left in a bush by the front door. Might have been left on the porch and it blew in to the bush.

[quote name='Lignite']Beta disc arrived for me as well. Talk about a bland little package. Green disc, green case and a piece of paper saying not to use on non registered consoles.[/QUOTE]

What did you expect? It's for beta testing, they don't need to package all kinds of special edition collector's shit in it. It's for official use.

Yep, just got my disc. For whatever reason, I just expected it to be a regular copy of Halo Reach.

Guess I have to keep it forever. I'm Live update, for what it's worth.

Still waiting on mine.

Thinking of printing this as the cover slip.

halommbox.jpg
Just trying to find the copy without the Gamespy mark.

Got mine too. Won't be home for a few days though to test it out. I'll have to let my siblings sign onto my account and play it.

[quote name='D0RC']Got mine too. Won't be home for a few days though to test it out. I'll have to let my siblings sign onto my account and play it.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that if they use the disc on a console other than yours, they'll be banned from Xbox Live until this update we're testing gets officially released.

Live Audience here, got my disc. Can't try it out because I had to resubmit my console information (like an idiot:drool:). Can't wait to check it out, though. Free game FTW!

I actually had 3 packages come in today along with the disc. The disc is so official it's scary.

DSCN0171-1-1.jpg

Turtle Beach talkback cable, Star Wars Force Unleashed, disc and Netflix. I'm addicted to Ebay. :cry:

Here you go guys. Threw together a little something real quick in photoshop. And yes, I'm too lazy to completely redo the back cover.

bread's done
Back