Xbox Game Pass Ultimate $1 only !

CaseX

CAGiversary!
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is only $1

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-pass-ultimate/cfq7ttc0khs0

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is a new subscription option that gives you Live Gold and Game Pass for one monthly fee.  With this deal, you will get the first month of Ultimate for $1, plus it will convert any remaining months you have on your existing subscriptions to Ultimate (up to a maximum of 36 months/3 years).

For example, you currently have 6 months of Live Gold.  Sign up with this deal and get 7 months of Ultimate ($1 for first month, 6 months of Live Gold converts to 6 months of Ultimate).

Second example: you have 9 months of Xbox Live Gold left and you have 6 months of GP left.  First month for $1 + 9 months + 6 months = 16 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

Edit:

Additional tips below.

Once subscribed/converted to Ultimate, if you go to the Xbox website, you can turn off recurring payments if you don't want to pay $15 after your sub ends.

Potential way to maximize your $:  The longest possible Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription is 3 years.  If you can find Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass deals for cheap, buy enough so the total of those plus your current remaining months

Last edited by a moderator:
So I just redeemed a year of gold because it was about to expire. I read above the $1 GPU deal that nets you a year of GP if you already have a year of gold goes until November. Is that legit? I'm curious whether I should just do the $1 GPU deal now with just a year or wait a bit until I can buy two more years of gold?

just went through with this although by my calculations i should have gotten 21 months of ultimate but instead got 24 months, not complaining just curious how i went wrong, also guys make sure u get the auto renewal 1 month free for both xbox live and xbox gamepass that actually was unexpected for me

edit: just read the date wrong its 21 as i calculated.

I'm sure its been asked plenty of times, but whats the cheapest way to get gold currently?
to be honest I searched local trade apps like offerup 5miles and letgo, always a good chance to find sum1 nearby selling for cheap, got my 1yr XBL for 45 this way and another 3months GP for 10

Is this how this is supposed to work? 

My gold originally ended 6/2020 and games pass ended 1/2020

By paying the dollar, I get ultimate through 2/2021!!! 

I turned off the auto renewal so my card shouldn't be charged anything from now on (other than the $1) and will just end in Feb of 2021

So after you convert to gamepass ultimate what happens when you enter just a normal xbox live code? I imagine a 12 month code gets converted to something smaller for ultimate.
This is what happens.

xLXCfrh.png

Quick question for anyone that can help. I just renewed my Live Gold for 2 years (have it until 10/1/2021). I have never done anything with Game Pass. I read that you can also activate a regular or trial Game Pass code (for extending membership) before you activate the $1 Ultimate upgrade.

What is the best way to do this? Can you get a Game Pass code for 3 to 6 months on the cheap somewhere, or should I just do a 1 month trial?  Every little bit helps! Also, where is the best place to acquire a regular Game Pass code. Ebay? Anyone have any dealings with trustworthy sellers? I see a lot of overseas accounts, and/or sellers with negative feedback for selling codes that don't work. Thanks!!

I just got a 12 month gold card from ebay that was $55 plus $3 off with the PROMO3 code. The seller was bestronicstore and was texted the code right away.

OK. Went ahead and bought a 30 day Game Pass trial code off eBay for $1 (after the current $3 promo code). With that, the 2 years of Live, and the extra month bonuses for auto renewal, I went from just Gold expiring next month, to Ultimate, good until 12/30/21.

Considering I wasn't even sure I wanted Game Pass (already have a crazy huge backlog), I'm pretty happy with that! Now, where the hell do I find the time to play a couple hundred games?

Not the same thing, so feel free to flame away.

I had gold that was expiring in November 2019.

I added a 1 month code that I recieved with a new Xbox One X, bringing my Live to December 2019.

I then bought at 12 month Xbox Live code from Best Buy (regular price) that brought my Live to December 2020.

I then bought a 3 month Ultimate Live/Gamepass code on sale at Best Buy for $19.99, which brought my Live up to March, 2021. It also matched the Gamerpass to March 2021 so they expire at the same time.

I had previously used a free trial of Gamepass, but *NOT* Ultimate Gamepass, so I never used that $1.00 offer. So the ULTIMATE Gamepass I was a new subscriber.

If a mod thinks this post belongs somewhere else, please feel free to move it.

Wow!!!  This deal is amazing!!!  So I had Xbox Live Gold set to expire in 2/26/2020.  So less than a year left.  I had Xbox Game Pass gifts from family worth 2 years.  I redeemed those Game Pass gifts (gave me a free month for recurring payments).  I then did the Ultimate pass for $1.  And now my Ultimate membership is set to expire in April 29, 2022!  3 years of Ultimate for a total of $1!

I bought one code for a CAG member, and I use my points to get another code, and my gold expire on 7/20/22. I bought the $1 ultimate and my ultimate expire on 6/16/22. I lost 1 month and a few days, but I save a lot with this offer. 

OK, so I just added another 12 months to my membership. When I go to the click the button on the MS site that says upgrade to Ultimate for $1, and I click where it says "More," it still says this: Joining Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will upgrade your remaining Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass for Console or Xbox Game Pass for PC time into Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for the same amount of time, up to 36 months. All conversions are final. See xbox.com/gamepass for details.

Then, when I click to upgrade, it says basically the same thing.

But...if I click "continue," it very clearly says this: Ultimate 1 Month

$1.00 plus applicable taxes for the first month
$14.99 plus applicable taxes every month after that
By selecting Subscribe, you agree to the Store Terms of Sale. We'll charge you $1.00 plus applicable taxes for the first month and $14.99 plus applicable taxes every month after that. You'll be notified before any future price changes. Cancel any time. Learn more.

That seems to say that the $1.00 is only for the first month.  and then, I'm converted and will have to pay $14.99/month after that. I'm confused. Please help!

OK, so I just added another 12 months to my membership. When I go to the click the button on the MS site that says upgrade to Ultimate for $1, and I click where it says "More," it still says this: Joining Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will upgrade your remaining Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass for Console or Xbox Game Pass for PC time into Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for the same amount of time, up to 36 months. All conversions are final. See xbox.com/gamepass for details.

By selecting Subscribe, you agree to the Store Terms of Sale. We'll charge you $1.00 plus applicable taxes for the first month and $14.99 plus applicable taxes every month after that. You'll be notified before any future price changes. Cancel any time. Learn more.

That seems to say that the $1.00 is only for the first month. and then, I'm converted and will have to pay $14.99/month after that. I'm confused. Please help!
You get charged $1 upfront. Then take off recurring billing and you won’t get charged after your time is up.

That seems to say that the $1.00 is only for the first month. and then, I'm converted and will have to pay $14.99/month after that. I'm confused. Please help!
The wording is misleading - basically you will end up paying $15/month after your converted subscription expires, unless you shut off auto-renew and then it will just expire.

2YHWK-3HCVG-2YG4Q-G9KYD-H2PHZ

1 month free trial to Game Pass if anybody can use it. Says its for new members only so I cant use it. 

Are you part of insider program? I believe they got it for $1 per month with no known expiration.
There is an expiration to the $1 recurring billing. I joined Ultimate as part of the Alpha ring, and a few days ago I got this message from Xbox Live:

Thanks for subscribing to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate! Just a reminder, your introductory price changes to full price with the next payment after June 9, 2019. Unless you cancel, you'll be charged $14.99 per month. To check your payment date, sign in at account.microsoft.com/services. For more info, see support.xbox.com.

If anyone's interested, I have a 24 month Xbox Live Gold sub for sale at $50 (the msft friends and family price). I bought 2 with the discount and didn't realize I couldn't stack past 4 years. Only one code available and will sell via paypal, thanks.
PM sent

I have a 12 month Xbox Live Gold sub for sale at $30 and will sell via paypal or Trade for $30 Xbox Gift Card [Digital Code]

Sold my only Code

Anyone know how much longer this deal is being offered (or if it still is)?    Trying to explain to some of my friends the cost benefit.

Why don't people read this thread? I mean, at least go back a couple of pages. I was told by a supervisor after being on hold for almost 2 hours that the $1 deal will always be available to new customers. Take that however you want to.

My GamePass was ending 6/21/19 and my Gold ends 7/4/19. I saw a deal, 15% off Microsoft gift cards on SD, so I bought $75 worth for $63.75. I then bought Gold $59.99 off Microsoft online store using the Microsoft gift cards and then did the $1 Ultimate GamePass deal. Now both my Gold & GamePass ends 8/14/20. Pretty good deal for me since not only I get a year of Gold but also a year of GamePass for basically the price of Gold with $14 left over via that SD deal.

Why don't people read this thread? I mean, at least go back a couple of pages. I was told by a supervisor after being on hold for almost 2 hours that the $1 deal will always be available to new customers. Take that however you want to.
Maybe. But the deal is awesome because of the 1:1 ratio on both gold months and game pass months. That may not be available for much longer.

Anyone know how much longer this deal is being offered (or if it still is)? Trying to explain to some of my friends the cost benefit.
no matter how you look at it, it's an awesome deal. let's say you only have 6 months left of Gold. If you paid $1 to upgrade it to Ultimate, you would now have 6 months of Ultimate and for those 6 months, you have the benefits of Gold, the benefits of Game Pass, and the benefits of PC Game Pass. And if you let it lapse, you can always go back to being just Gold and resume your Gold games and benefits.

But if you want to truly max that $1, you would max out your Gold membership to 3 years. And then pay the $1 to convert it from Gold to Ultimate and then have 3 years of Ultimate (Gold + Xbox Game Pass + PC Game Pass).

example: 8 months left of Gold -> pay $1 -> 8 months left of Ultimate

example: 1 year of Game Pass -> pay $1 -> 1 year of Ultimate

example: 1 year of Gold + 2 years of Game Pass -> pay $1 -> 3 years of Ultimate

example: 2 years of Gold + 1 year of Game Pass -> pay $1 -> 3 years of Ultimate

example: 8 months of Gold + 4 months of Game Pass -> pay $1 -> 1 year of Ultimate

no matter how you look at it, it's an awesome deal. let's say you only have 6 months left of Gold. If you paid $1 to upgrade it to Ultimate, you would now have 6 months of Ultimate and for those 6 months, you have the benefits of Gold, the benefits of Game Pass, and the benefits of PC Game Pass. And if you let it lapse, you can always go back to being just Gold and resume your Gold games and benefits.

But if you want to truly max that $1, you would max out your Gold membership to 3 years. And then pay the $1 to convert it from Gold to Ultimate and then have 3 years of Ultimate (Gold + Xbox Game Pass + PC Game Pass).

example: 8 months left of Gold -> pay $1 -> 8 months left of Ultimate

example: 1 year of Game Pass -> pay $1 -> 1 year of Ultimate

example: 1 year of Gold + 2 years of Game Pass -> pay $1 -> 3 years of Ultimate

example: 2 years of Gold + 1 year of Game Pass -> pay $1 -> 3 years of Ultimate

example: 8 months of Gold + 4 months of Game Pass -> pay $1 -> 1 year of Ultimate
Slight correction, but an important one. Keep in mind the $1 offer is for a month, so something like having 8 months of Gold plus 4 months of Game Pass, adding in the $1 Ultimate offer, you'll end up with 1 year and 1 month of Ultimate. But that also means, to maximize the offer, it's best to have 2 years and 11 months or less of Gold and Game Pass combined due to the three year limit.

Slight correction, but an important one. Keep in mind the $1 offer is for a month, so something like having 8 months of Gold plus 4 months of Game Pass, adding in the $1 Ultimate offer, you'll end up with 1 year and 1 month of Ultimate. But that also means, to maximize the offer, it's best to have 2 years and 11 months or less of Gold and Game Pass combined due to the three year limit.
Actually you get the extra month because you are enabling the autobill option. My gold was set to expire Feb 2020.i added 2 years of game Pass. I then upgraded to ultimate and ultimate was set to April 2022. Microsoft always tries to entice with that month to make it a subscription rather than prepaid time. I redeem yearly office 365 codes. But they'll give you a free month if you enable autobill.

i bought a code from best buy, did the upgrade before and this code did work fine for me, added the final 3 months for my 3 years. if you look microsoft support has stated in several places (best buy reviews for one) that it wasnt working before but now it does.

friend of mine just paid the $1 before adding any months, even tho I explained how to do it like 3 times.  Is there any way to reverse it so he can add the time before the convert?  #fail

friend of mine just paid the $1 before adding any months, even tho I explained how to do it like 3 times. Is there any way to reverse it so he can add the time before the convert? #fail
Check the slickdeals thread. Some people mentioned being able to either cancel their ultimate or contact MS support to have them cancel it. This wild put your friend back to silver so they would lose any prepaid amount they had, but sounds like it might be worth it for them.

Actually you get the extra month because you are enabling the autobill option. My gold was set to expire Feb 2020.i added 2 years of game Pass. I then upgraded to ultimate and ultimate was set to April 2022. Microsoft always tries to entice with that month to make it a subscription rather than prepaid time. I redeem yearly office 365 codes. But they'll give you a free month if you enable autobill.
Oh yeah, forgot about that. That might affect how some people want to optimize their subscription if they want to reach the three-year cap. As for me, I've redeemed my two 12-month Gold codes that I had lying around, and after getting the $1 Ultimate offer, so I'm good until the middle of Sept 2021.

bread's done
Back