Xbox Live Arcade explosion on eBay!

Akino took about five days to send me a Carcossane code a few weeks back. I had bought a few games before that and recieved codes so I wasn't that worried. Giving the guy bad feedback for a $6.00 purchase and filing a claim after only a few days is pretty lame. Especially when there is a 33 page thread,and to my knowledge, not one person has failed to receive a code. To each his own I guess.

Yeah, but I knew that the feedback was reversible. Had it not been, I would have waited longer. Plus, it was my first time buying from him so who knew what I was going to get.

He wasn't even pissed about it. In fact, he apologized for it taking a while for the code. In the end, he got his money (even for the Peggle code he gave me) and good feedback and I got two awesome games at a great price.

[quote name='Turkey']I ordered a 4000 point card from this vendor: http://myworld.ebay.com/kdogg09

I got worried when he removed the listing, so I mailed him twice, but no replies. Has anyone else here bought from him?[/QUOTE]
From his feedback, he requires positive feedback before he sends you any codes. In other words, AVOID doing business with kdogg09 because that's shady as hell.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Does anyone know if the Jamaican charges NY tax?[/QUOTE]

Nope, I've purchased about 6 items from him never been charged tax. My most recent purchase was yesterday and I received my code in under 2hrs

[quote name='mzbagel']Just requested Sam & Max from akino. Reply came pretty quickly stating that it should be up in two days. Can't wait :)[/QUOTE]

^This. If it's cheap enough (since I got my MS points at a discount as well), I'll be all over it. Good on ya, akino!

fuckYOU GUYS!! why did you show me that?! now i have to buy worms2, $5 is too cheapass to pass!

add: TWO MINUTES AND 43 SECONDS, thats how fast i got mine. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Dammit, I need to stop buying stuff from these guys. I've quadrupled my Arcade collection in the past to weeks. Hah.

Sadly, I cracked on Worms 2 and Geometry Wars 2 from jamaicanswif. We need some kind of CAG intervention group with these.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I hope one of them gets Battlefield 1943 on the cheap soon.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm crossing my fingers for also. I saw Akino has WOTB Commando 3 and Cloning Clyde now for $6 a piece.

EDIT: Whoops, I guess those games are old news.

Ordered Worms 2 from jamaicanswif w00t can't wait to get home and play. First that i have ordered that wasn't from akino. Akino usually gets me my codes within two hours of me buying. jamaicanswif took almost 20 hours ! ! ! lol oh well saved a buck and better than having the thing actually shipped to me.
I've spent over 120 bucks on ms points and these games in the past 3-4 weeks. I got two 4000 ms point cards for DLC and only have 1600 left saved fro Gears 2 dlc at the end of the month. The rest was spent on arcade games that cost around 6 bucks but started adding up quickly.

I just sent Akino a message on eBay requesting that he load up on the Summer of Arcade games and Battlefield 1943. It doesn't hurt to let him know what we want.

Ordered Worms 2 from Jamaicanswif and Metal Slug 3 from Akino yesterday. The Worms 2 code came today, but the Metal Slug 3 auction has vanished and I haven't heard anything from Akino.

I'm definitely happy with Jamaicanswif though.

Thanks for the Worms 2 heads-up!

I got it for $.10!

Subtotal:US $5.00
s.gif
Shipping & handling:FREE
s.gif
Gifts or discounts:whistle2:US $4.90
s.gif
Total:US $0.10

eBay sends me checks at the end of the month for this eBay Bucks program they have so I used it on this.

So I paid 10 cents and then I got 40 cents back from Bing!

OK I'm addicted to these sellers. I really need to take a step back from ebay for a couple weeks.... after I order two more games from akino.
Minus Marvel vs Capcom 2 which I want on the release day I don't think I will be purchasing any with ms points anymore.

Just wanted to say that I bought from jamaicanswif and had no problems. The code was sent to me within 2 hours. Thanks OP for saving me some cash!

Bought Worms 2 from the Jamaican dude and got the code within the hour.

I guess there's no one selling cheap 4000 pts. card anymore.

[quote name='nnthomas']^ Plus you have a Phantom Dust avatar so you are #1 CAG ever[/QUOTE]

hehe, thanks for noticing man! I love that game to death, really. Great sleeper hit.

I wish it was back compatible for my 360.

Everyone also needs to just buy Battlefield 1943 themselves.. its seriously worth $15 easily. Its nearly a full game and hardly like any other arcade title.

[quote name='slugdub']Everyone also needs to just buy Battlefield 1943 themselves.. its seriously worth $15 easily. Its nearly a full game and hardly like any other arcade title.[/QUOTE]

Seriously! I was going to wait but after trying the demo last night I had to bite.

[quote name='nnthomas']I'm pretty sure Phantom Dust is compatible[/QUOTE]

borrowed mine to a friend so I can't test it out. Would have to have been patched in the past year or two because it did not work previously.

Could have sworn Phantom Dust was backwards.

Also I'm waiting for the lower price on BF 1943 especially with all the online issues they had at launch, I'm sure they are still working out kinks.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Could have sworn Phantom Dust was backwards.

Also I'm waiting for the lower price on BF 1943 especially with all the online issues they had at launch, I'm sure they are still working out kinks.[/QUOTE]

Oh, there are definitely still issues to work out, but when you can get on it's pretty fun stuff.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Could have sworn Phantom Dust was backwards.

Also I'm waiting for the lower price on BF 1943 especially with all the online issues they had at launch, I'm sure they are still working out kinks.[/QUOTE]

They won't drop the price until the user base gets thin, which is a much more serious issue than the so-called server issues they are having (I saw none from a full weekend of playing).

I agree w/ trustbucket. Not a chance they will drop the price [it's EA ya know :D] until it starts dieing which I doubt will happen any time soon.

You best bet to get it on the cheap is buy some MS points off ebay or something on the cheap and purchase it. It's what I did because I have a feeling it's one of those games not coming to Amazon any time soon.

*edit*
And I have no idea what issues they were having until I read Kotoku/Joystiq. I've been enjoying it with no problems at all.

question: last night i ordered worms 2 from jamaicanswif and i haven't gotten the code yet. all i've gotten is a receipt and a "congrats you have won" email. am i overlooking the code in either of those or does he send it separately?

I'm pretty sure you are not overlooking it. It is pretty dang obvious when he sends the code in the message. Plus, just give it time (not that you sound impatient, just some people on here are), cause it seems to range from getting the code in 10 minutes to 4-5 days sometimes. These guys offer great prices, but if you aren't willing to wait for a particular game for a few days, then I'd look elsewhere.

[quote name='alextaro']Yaya first post and all that... eBay has been pretty harsh on these sellers. I found a really nice seller a few days back, during the course of these days I've kept close email contact with him. He's had many auctions pulled and had a general nightmare with eBay, I guess it's the same for the other sellers mentioned here. What I'm trying to say is... most are probably legit, although it may seem too good to be true (watch out for the obvious scams though).

Anyway, my guy managed to get pretty good feedback while he was allowed to sell: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=gamerbuddy
Now he's set up a website instead with really nice prices, so if anyone is looking for a place to purchase, I can vouch for www.gamerbuddy.us[/QUOTE] I bought cards from him last week and still have not received them, nor any sort of communication at all. I'm going to file a paypal claim tomorrow if he doesn't send the cards. Very unhappy customer, don't recommend Gamerbuddy at all. :bomb:

Even if he mails them tomorow, there are other vendors that actually ship in a timely manner. He won't get return business.

Cheap ms points are getting hard to find right now. Afew guys I bought from now have them around $40 for 4000.

[quote name='RageATM']Cheap ms points are getting hard to find right now. Afew guys I bought from now have them around $40 for 4000.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, looks like kurhn_de doesn't have the 4000 point card listed anymore and xboxliveman jacked the price up to $40. Both sellers were around $30 when I checked yesterday. Hopefully the deals come back around. Fortunately, I stocked up on points when kurhn_de was selling it for $28.99.

Man... I wanted to buy Pinball FX for $6.00 but he doesn't ship to Canada... If anyone who lives in the USA wants to buy it for me and PM the code I'd be very grateful. Could someone PM me if they want to help me out and I'll send you the $6.00 via paypal to buy one for me?

[quote name='chinezekid1']Man... I wanted to buy Pinball FX for $6.00 but he doesn't ship to Canada... If anyone who lives in the USA wants to buy it for me and PM the code I'd be very grateful. Could someone PM me if they want to help me out and I'll send you the $6.00 via paypal to buy one for me?[/QUOTE]

Save your money. The game isn't even worth the $6.00. It's vastly inferior to the Ps3 pinball game, and even to the Wii Williams Collection game. Both of those can be had cheap as well...

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]I got a notice from Ebay about adino. I think he's about to be shut down, so let me know where he resurfaces.
[/FONT]

bread's done
Back