Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week |6/14 "Summer '09 Redux"|6/16 "19 Game E3 Blowout Sale"

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
[IMG-R=6565]15714[/IMG-R]

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT. WE HAVE STARTED A NEW THREAD.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming XBox Live Deal of the Week for the US*. I have also included the upcoming XBox Live Arcade releases. All sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week:

June 7th: "Fistful of Shooters"
-Battlefield 1943 - 800 Microsoft Points
-Call of Duty Classic - 800 Microsoft Points
-Duke Nukem 3D - 400 Microsoft Points
-Peggle - 400 Microsoft Points
-Serious Sam HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-Worms 2: Armageddon - 400 Microsoft Points

June 14th: "Summer '09 Redux"
-Marvel vs Capcom 2 - 560 Microsoft Points
-Shadow Complex - 560 Microsoft Points
-Splosion Man - 400 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled - 400 Microsoft Points
-Trials HD - 560 Microsoft Points

June 16th - June 22nd: "E3 Inventory Blowout" NO CLARITY YET IF THIS DEAL IS GOLD ONLY
-A Kingdom for Keflings - 400 Microsoft Points
-Alien Hominid HD - 400 Microsoft Points
-Banjo Tooie - 800 Microsoft Points
-Bionic Commando Rearmed - 400 Microsoft Points
-Bomberman LIVE - 400 Microsoft Points
-Braid - 800 Microsoft Points (Was permanently dropped to 800 Points recently, inclusion or price has not been addressed yet)
-Castle Crashers - 800 Microsoft Points
-Castlevania Symphony of the Night - 400 Microsoft Points
-Contra - 240 Microsoft Points
-Crystal Defenders - 400 Microsoft Points
-Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 - 400 Microsoft Points
-Magic the Gathering - 400 Microsoft Points
-N+ - 400 Microsoft Points
-Panzer General - 400 Microsoft Points
-Portal - 800 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: 1989 Arcade - 240 Microsoft Points
-Uno Rush - 400 Microsoft Points
-Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment - 800 Microsoft Points
-Zombie Apocalypse - 400 Microsoft Points

June 21st: "Sports Fest"
-Fifa 10 Ultimate Team Trial - 240 Microsoft Points (not sure if it's one team or all)
-Madden NFL Arcade - 800 Microsoft Points
-NBA 2K10 Draft Combine - 240 Microsoft Points
-Football Genius - 400 Microsoft Points
-Sensible World of Soccer - 400 Microsoft Points
-Soccer Ball (prop) - 80 Microsoft Points
-MLB Stickball - 400 Microsoft Points

LIVE ARCADE RELEASE DATES:

Xbox LIVE Arcade:
-June 9th: Earthworm Jim HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 9th: NEOGEO Battle Coliseum - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 16th: Space Ark - ???? Microsoft Points
-June 23rd: Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 30th: Ancients Of Ooga - 800 Microsoft Points

FAQ:

Q: What do you mean by GOLD MEMBERS ONLY?
A: GOLD members are paid subscribers to XBox Live.

Q: I'm SILVER, can I use a 48 hour trial to get the GOLD discount??
A: No. 48 hour codes only allow for online play.

Q: I'm not seeing the sale price what is going on?
A: If the deal is live, make sure you are logged-in to XBox.com or your 360 with a GOLD account.

Q: When do the deals go live?
A: Deals traditionally go live on Monday morning usually around 11am EST.

Q: What are your sources?
A: Sources:
-Majornelson.com
-Xbox US DotW
-Xbox JP DotW
-Various Publications/Blogs

Q: Do you have a list of the older sales?
A: Yes
OLD 2010 SALES:
One week unless noted
1/4 - A Kingdom for Keflings
1/11 - Magic: The Gathering
1/18 - Both Mass Effect DLC
1/25 - Portal: Still Alive
2/1 - Splosion Man
2/8 - Marvel v Capcom 2, TMNT TiT RS, Invincible Tiger
2/15 - Battlefield 1943
2/22 - Duke Nukem 3D
3/1 - Select Gears of War Avatar items
3/8 - CoD:WaW Map Pack Bundle
3/15 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Max Payne 2 and Fable
3/22 - All Fallout 3 DLC
4/1 - South Park, SSFIIHDR, Defense Grid, Rocket Riot, Mad Tracks, Track & Field, Lumines Live, Age of Booty, Schizoid, Wallace & Gromit Ep1
4/5 - Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2
4/12 - Left 4 Dead DLC - Crash Course
4/19 - Borderlands DLC - Zombie Island of Dr Ned
4/26 - Dishwasher Dead Samurai
4/29 - Trails HD (1-Day Sale)
5/3 - Zombie Apocalypse
5/10 - Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
5/17 - The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition & Avatar Items (LeChuck's Hat and Cotton Swab)
5/24 - Avatar Wave: Snowball Fight (Indie Game), Band of Bugs, Lazy Raiders, MadBalls in… Babo: Invasion, Basketball (prop), Pom Poms (prop), Snake (pet/prop),
5/31 - Prince of Persia Classic, Transformers 2 Character & Map Pack Plus, Watchmen: End is Nigh

Q: What if I want to see the all kinds of crazy content that in coming out on LIVE?
A: You can check this thread I update to see what's on deck "soon" for XBLA or what came out lately:
Thread tracking all 360 marketplace releases /self-promotion

Last edited by a moderator:
Already own Rocket Riot and Street fighter, both titles I highly recommend at these prices. Street Fighter never disappoints and Rocket Riot is just mindless fun, although the online community is pretty much non-existent. If anyone picks it up and wants to try out the Live components (and earn an easy Achievement), hit me up.

Anyway, I'm downloading all the demos for the other titles- I see myself possibly getting Defense Grid and Wallace and Gromit before the week ends.

EDIT: Wow, nevermind- I wanted to rip my ears off after the first 2 minutes of the Wallace and Gromit demo. Never played such a dry and boring game in my life. Maybe Age of Booty instead?

Hmmm... I'm thinking about purchasing Age of Booty at that price. Still amazed that Microsoft would do a sale like this ;)

South Park is the most fun I've had playing a game in a while, and it was a great purchase at this price for me. It's simplistic, and it's hilarious. HIGH recommendation for 400 points.

Defense Grid is the best tower defense game on XBLA, I pickd it up when it first dropped and its been worth every penny.

What are some opinions on Schizoid? I just played the demo and really enjoyed it. I just dont want it to be one of those arcade games that end up being so hard I'll never finish it.

Well I just blew $20 and about to spend a little more.

Picked up Age of Booty, South Park, Defense Grid, Rocket Riot, and torn on the fifth and Track and Field.

Maybe Wallace and Gromit, Schizoid, or Lumines Live for 400 and maybe Track and Field. As I get more info on what's coming out soon on XBLA I will decide.

Picked up defense grid. Loved the trial!

Im not sure how well Age of Booty community is doing but i played it a ton when it came out and had a blast. Very fun strategy.

Age of Booty still has a pretty small community that plays it actively. There is a problem with people leaving near the end of the game so they don't get ticked with a loss or the problem that if you get stuck with someone without a mic(which I think is crucial for the game strategy wise to talk to your partner) you are pretty screwed.

That being said, I played and finished all of the single player of it and it was a lot of fun. If anyone wants to play the mutliplayer for those two achievements, feel free to add me, just let me know you're from CAG. I also bought Street Fighter from the sale if anyone needs someone to beat up on in that(my skill level is quite low!)

Bought Defense Grid and thinking about Rocket Riot because the demo for that was a lot of fun and it also had a really cool design. I am a sucker for 8-bit nostalgia-ish graphics. though I think they maybe even less than that!

Shouldn't these old arcade game ports(Track & Field) just automatically show up in my "Gameroom"? I wonder how long until the same game is for sale on both GR and Arcade. DUMB!!!!!!!!

Might grab Rocket Riot, need to scavenge together 40 more msp though,lol. Just won 1600 msp though, so hopefully I'll be getting the email with it soon.

Picked up W&G, Defense Grid & South Park. Had 2100 points sat here for ages waiting for something like this.

Picked up a bunch of these this morning. I'm still on the fence about Mad Tracks though. What's the general consensus from those of you who already have it?

Rocket Riot's story mode is fun for a while but it eventually gets to be a giant wankfest with too many padded levels.

Every other stage is a Kill 30 Mans stage, but by the halfway point it's up to 50 doods and shows no sign of stopping its increase.

Downloaded South Park Tower Defense. On the fence about Lumines and Age of Booty. Pretty sure I'll get Lumines. Watched my husband play Age of Booty, and while he didn't think it was so hot, I liked the look of it.

Schizoid is a good coop game until you reach the
random teleporters
. My friend and I got so frustrated that we stopped after that.

Hows the difficulty on Defense Grid? I don't see multiple difficulty levels. I love tower defense games, but I'm not great at them.

[quote name='Vyrtigo']Hows the difficulty on Defense Grid? I don't see multiple difficulty levels. I love tower defense games, but I'm not great at them.[/QUOTE]

The PC version has difficulty levels so I'm sure the 360 one does too. It's not a hard game.

I know a few others have mentioned it, but I'm still wondering how the online community are for some of these games.

Does anyone still play Age Of Booty? If not, we should make our own little community =P

[quote name='Raikoh']I know a few others have mentioned it, but I'm still wondering how the online community are for some of these games.

Does anyone still play Age Of Booty? If not, we should make our own little community =P[/QUOTE]

there are some people playing on weekends. send me pm when you want to play

[quote name='chimpster1313']South Park is the most fun I've had playing a game in a while, and it was a great purchase at this price for me. It's simplistic, and it's hilarious. HIGH recommendation for 400 points.[/QUOTE]

Every time I see you post I end up staring at your signature for about three minutes.

Thinking about biting on Virtual-on and Rocket Riot. The demos didn't really impress me enough of either game to pay the regular full price so I'm a little on-the-fence about spending 1200 MSP on them both. Any advice?

Age of Booty seemed too simplistic to me.

Luminaria, Rocket Riot is decent but the story just gets old, as I said. Virtual On seems to be styled like a fighting game with all kinds of unintuitive mechanics to learn about boost attacks, side boosts, crouch attacks that are good against shields, and tons of similar irritating crap.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Downloaded South Park Tower Defense. On the fence about Lumines and Age of Booty. Pretty sure I'll get Lumines. Watched my husband play Age of Booty, and while he didn't think it was so hot, I liked the look of it.[/QUOTE]

So your husband is not hot for the booty. :cry:

just a heads up, i bought season 13 of south park yesterday at target for 17.99 and i thought it had a code for the south park game, but it was for some extra bonus dlc, don't know what it is yet, but i think it is professor chaos and extra levels.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Virtual On seems to be styled like a fighting game with all kinds of unintuitive mechanics to learn about boost attacks, side boosts, crouch attacks that are good against shields, and tons of similar irritating crap.[/QUOTE]

Well shoot, dude. Do you want them to just stand still while you mash the fire button? Virtual On's a pretty simple game - don't know why you'd complain about what depth it has.

[quote name='miriamleo']Ok, South Park or Age of Booty? Please help me pick! :p[/QUOTE]

BOTH.

but if you have to choose, get South Park. Its funny and quite fun.

I picked up South Park, Defense Grid, Age Of Booty, and Wallace & Gromit. That still leaves me with about 4600 pts just waiting for more deals...

South Park is like the individual who made this game played Pixel Junk Monsters. Then made a few upgrades to the options available (multiple characters, specials) with the South Park license.

The gameplay isn't quite as tight as PJM, but it is similar enough with the extras and the South Park environment to make it well worth $5 (400pts).

Down with the Gingers and Hippies!!!

I picked up Rocket Riot and Wallace & Gromit. I already own all the other ones, except Schizoid and I don't want that one, even for free. :)

I played 4 or 5 levels of South Park earlier and was pleasantly surprised when it had an actual story with brand new dialogue. I was expecting them to just copy and paste lines from the show but the majority of the stuff I heard and saw was new.

As a massive South Park fan I am quite happy about this. If you're a tower defense fan and/or South Park fan you would have to be insane to not buy it for 5 dollars.

[quote name='eastx']Well shoot, dude. Do you want them to just stand still while you mash the fire button? Virtual On's a pretty simple game - don't know why you'd complain about what depth it has.[/QUOTE]
False dichotomy. The depth there is tied up in too much SECRET TECHNIQUE type stuff for my tastes.

Considering Lumines and Defense Grid. I have one for psp and the other for pc, but since I don't really play either system (surprisingly, Defense Grid doesn't play well in ubuntu + wine) I may double dip on the 360.

-Update-
Bit on Defense Grid. Played the trial game and the 360 version is a great translation from the pc.

Lumines doesn't feel quite right like it did on the psp so I think I will pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
already in for Defense Grid and Track & Field. Hate that the world record stuff showing on Track & Field looks like bullshit glitches. 0.2 seconds on the 100M hurdles..... lame. Must find a way for it to only display my records only hopefully.

tried the Age of Booty demo again and now I'm on the verge of picking that up. Dismissed that game and South Park on their original releases, but at the discount I'll probably wind up getting both of those also

as far as tower defense goes which is better defense grid or south park? i guess i could buy both, the only tower defense i ever played was field runners on my psp and thats super fun is either one like that?

pick up SSF2THDR for 560 points its a steal IMO

I may double dip on Defense Grid also (have the Steam version), $5 for the definitive Tower Defense game is a great price

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back