Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

I'm probably late to the party but, they updated the Smart glass app. Can now control your cable box with it. A lot easier now. I think I use it more than the cable remote.

I'm probably late to the party but, they updated the Smart glass app. Can now control your cable box with it. A lot easier now. I think I use it more than the cable remote.
The only thing I don't like about using the remote on smart glass is my phone or iPad goes to lock screen and then you essentially need to load it up again.

It's really nice though other than that.

I know they wanted to keep the show about games, but imagine had they saved the games with gold, apps removed from paywall, kinectless sku, halo 5, basically all the announcements they released in May had been in this show it would have been far more impressive.

The only thing I don't like about using the remote on smart glass is my phone or iPad goes to lock screen and then you essentially need to load it up again.

It's really nice though other than that.
I just use the old android phone I never sold and get rid of the lock screen. So that way, once I turn it on, goes right to the app.

Well I guess its a good time for MS as most xbots dont work anyways prolly? Still live at home with mommy and daddy type people I think.
Mmmm those xbot tears of unfathomable sadness will be delicious.
Inline with that, maybe closer to 6.5. Nothing wowed me.
I get that but would still rather spend on limited gaming time on something new and not rehashing the glory days of college.
Dont get why everyone is excited for old games.
And xbox leads off with COD.

Yawn.
Is this like ps+ but for xbox?

Little late to the party there MS....
OYQpjQ3.gif

No criticism allowed.

No, the Microsoft conference still embodies everything wrong with the video game industry. Just because they showed a lot of games and didn't push TV and Kinect nonsense doesn't mean it was a good show. All in all the new console generation is one that will bring new and exciting shaders, not new and exciting gameplay types.

There wasn't much interesting about the stuff coming in 2014. A lot of samey nonsense. Bro shooters. Very few new ideas. BS "cinematic trailers." Games seem to be simple delivery systems for DLC. The exclusive right to buy some DLC first seems to get applause.

Halo, Halo and more Halo. Sunset Overdrive started out okay, but the humor is cringe-inducing. And, my God, why does every shooter feature wallhack as a gameplay mechanic now? I thought people got banned for that.

2015 stuff looked more interesting, but not in Microsoft's favor.

Witcher 3 gameplay looked good, but that's a multi-platform title. Xbox One will be the inferior version, of course. The developers get credit for showing actual gameplay. CD Projekt might just save gaming yet.

The Conker tease was a huge fuck you to all Conker fans. With everybody getting offended over video games these days, add me to the club. This is one of the few things that have offended me in a long time. Not that a Conker game would even do well in this day and age. The game would get a low score just for being offensive to so-called professional video game reviewers.

Division looked heavily downgraded. Is there even anti-aliasing? Again, even if it is good it's multi-platform. I expect the PS4 version to be heavily downgraded too.

Tomb Raider in therapy is laughable.

Love Microsoft's commitment to indie shovelware.

All in all Microsoft's press conference is everything wrong with the video game industry right now.

So is it understood that the 360 and Kinect 2.0 are dead then? Nothing was mentioned or revealed for any of them.

So is it understood that the 360 and Kinect 2.0 are dead then? Nothing was mentioned or revealed for any of them.
Yeah Forza Horizons 2, Assassin's Creed for 360. Expect to hear more news for 360 roll out throughout the week. Glad they focused on just Xbox One games, looking forward, I like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having the Halo collection for 360 is a baffling move.
Well when your new console aint selling and you have little confidence that the thing will move a lot of units soon, prolly need to hedge your bet and try and make the most money by having it on your other console that has a huge install base.

Not like the graphics were going to be too much for the 360 to handle.

Well when your new console aint selling and you have little confidence that the thing will move a lot of units soon, prolly need to hedge your bet and try and make the most money by having it on your other console that has a huge install base.

Not like the graphics were going to be too much for the 360 to handle.
But the games are already on that system, which is my point.

Not really interested in your Xbox One slams as a point of discussion either. We get your viewpoint from the hundred other posts.

But the games are already on that system, which is my point.

Not really interested in your Xbox One slams as a point of discussion either. We get your viewpoint from the hundred other posts.
Halo 2 aint, unless you count bc version but that versions online was killed.

Wasnt slamming with that one, stating what ms was prolly thinking having it on the 360 as well.

Halo 2 matchmaking was such a giant strain on Microsoft's much-lauded cloud computing network huh? Can no longer play a game you (and I) paid for on a service they still expect you to pay for.

But now you can arbitrarily buy it again on a new console!

Don't get me wrong, I would STILL be playing Halo 2 online if I could, but these re-releases and arbitrary cancellations of service are bullshit.

Am I the only one who noticed my Psy prediction came true?

. . . yes?  What was that?  It may of had to do with me slamming the moonshine . . .?

fuck.

Halo 2 aint, unless you count bc version but that versions online was killed.

Wasnt slamming with that one, stating what ms was prolly thinking having it on the 360 as well.
Saying "when your system ain't selling" etc is definitely doing that. Which then opens it up to what defines "selling", PS4 comparisons, etc.

But you are right, I forgot Halo 1 & 2 were original Xbox because I didn't own it. Plus as stated before I'm not a huge Halo guy.

Defending xbox, what are you doing here?
No you aren't. You are just trolling. You are offering nothing of value to the conversation. If you want to criticize and voice your opinion that's great but at least try to offer something of substance.

EA was pretty underwhelming. It looked like most games just weren't ready yet. Lots of prototype footage.

battlefield hardline looked like so much fun. They just said they're launching the beta today but only on pc & ps4 I think?
Yep, on the bet sign up page it says "If you're an Xbox One, Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 owner, the closed beta is not available on these platforms. Don't stress we have some news for you. Select this option and find out what it is."

I signed up for the pc beta but I am pretty hesitant. I mean, it looks fun...I guess? I'm pretty interested but I don't see it being worth $60. I am also a little curious how they will do the maps. Will they all be city maps? Will there be any classic big open levels?

I would sure hope the Master Chief collection was X1 only. Would be an extremely boneheaded move to put that out for 360!

Yeah the only big EA games I'm looking forward to on the Xbox One were both Bioware titles, DA: Inquisition, new Mass Effect lol. Well somewhat interested in BF: Hardline I suppose. Looks like an awesome DLC for BF4 to me though.

Some more Halo Collection details I Skimmed around from Neogaf:

Halo 2 Anniversary will have a dedicated button like Halo Anniversary that lets you immediately switch between visuals from the older graphics to the update version.

Halo 2 Anniversary won't include the original story section that was shown at E3 when the game was announced.

Halo 3 and 4 will use their original assets but will be updated to have 1080p 60FPS.

All of the games will be kept in their original condition with the same bugs/glitches they had. (For better or worse?)

Unrelated to the Collection but a new Halo Wars game may have been teased in the Phantom Dust trailer. Top image is the picture bottom is the Halo Wars poster.

http://i.imgur.com/DBZ1KlJ.jpg

http://www.dev.mypspwallpapers.com/uploads/200903/f/1237367164.jpg

Finally Microsoft has opened the Xbox Feedback site where you can create suggestions for new games, features, accessories, and more for the console and vote on ones suggested. Microsoft will provide updates to popular suggestions as they're implemented from the site.

https://xbox.uservoice.com/

IGN is showing Halo: Master Chief Collection and they announced that Blur is redoing the cutscenes for 2. Yeah if you haven't played Halo Wars, you gotta watch the cutscenes (which Blur studios did). Halo 2, 3, & 4 will have 2 player co-op as well as Forge ability.

Wow, I watched the MS conference late and wasn't at all convinced to buy an Xbox One.  Now I watched the EA conference in about 20 minutes after skipping all the sports segments.  Wow they've got nothing coming out other than Dragon Age which I'll get on 360.  At this rate there will be a price drop on the consoles before I'm compelled to buy them.

Everyone with a brain knows 2015 is the year to get a new console if you are looking for games. A lot of stuff will be out then and also older games will be cheap then too.

Everyone with a brain knows 2015 is the year to get a new console if you are looking for games. A lot of stuff will be out then and also older games will be cheap then too.
Nope, and especially for CAGs, come Black Friday there will be awesome console deals for all three. Personally I can see tons of people getting one this year for Halo: Master Chief Collection (one hell of a bang for your buck/4,000 Gamerscore too), Sunset Overdrive (Insomniac Games going back to their fun, wacky over the top roots/ we'll just ignore FUSE ever happened lol) and Forza Horizons II (open world racing running on the Forza 5 engine and using its strengths with drivatar and instant multiplayer/the addition of dynamic weather is a cool touch too).
Plenty non exclusives coming out for Xbox One this and next year.

Nope, and especially for CAGs, come Black Friday there will be awesome console deals for all three. Personally I can see tons of people getting one this year for Halo: Master Chief Collection (one hell of a bang for your buck/4,000 Gamerscore too), Sunset Overdrive (Insomniac Games going back to their fun, wacky over the top roots/ we'll just ignore FUSE ever happened lol) and Forza Horizons II (open world racing running on the Forza 5 engine and using its strengths with drivatar and instant multiplayer/the addition of dynamic weather is a cool touch too).
Plenty non exclusives coming out for Xbox One this and next year.
I doubt there will be "awesome console deals" because there will be no price cuts on X1 or PS4 and they have no games that most people would be willing to buy a console for. $400 for your Crackdown bundle? Yeah, you can keep it.

Im sure we will see bundles that have stuff like Dead Rising 3 and/or Ryse or even a few months of live.

Like it or not, people will buy an Xbox One just for the Master Chief Collection.

Im sure we will see bundles that have stuff like Dead Rising 3 and/or Ryse or even a few months of live.

Like it or not, people will buy an Xbox One just for the Master Chief Collection.
I could see them making a special edition console and controller and bundling in the MC collection.

I would sure hope the Master Chief collection was X1 only. Would be an extremely boneheaded move to put that out for 360!
How long do you think you will be able to play the Master Chief collection on Xbox 360 before Live is shut down for 360 owners?

How long do you think you will be able to play the Master Chief collection on Xbox 360 before Live is shut down for 360 owners?
It's not coming out on 360. I know you weren't asking me directly but I if it were coming out on the 360 I bet the number of players would drop before live is shut down.

bread's done
Back