Xbox One on the way. DRM removed, more details to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Broken Cage']
The price won't matter to me if the game restriction and online requirement hold true. Here's my simple take on it.

My PC can:
Play games, with better or equal graphics to any console on the market.

My PC cannot:
Let me borrow a game from a friend.
Rent a game (Well, actually it can with Gamefly)
Buy used games

Once the Xbox can no longer do the things that my PC can't, there's no reason to purchase it.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you here. If MS and Sony collude to make the console games even more anti-user friendly, then goodbye X1/PS4 and hello Steambox.

I assume all of our questions will be finally addressed at E3. But I suppose its possible they drag it out into the summer while they gauge more public reaction and analysis.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I understand the reasoning to not care for the XBox One, but before not giving it a chance consider the following.

- We don't know how awesome the games are. Wait till E3.
- If you don't buy used, anti-used does not effect you outside of the occasional lending of games, if that even effects you. Being on CAG it sucks not being able to take advantage of Gamefly or Amazon Warehouse deals but this should mean better price drops on new titles and/or Steam like sales. At least one would hope.
- If you have a stable internet connection, you'll be fine.
- We don't know the price of the system.
- All systems come with Kinect integrated, but it is entirely up to developers to take advantage of the Kinect. The core controller is still there, and as good as ever.
- No one is forcing you to unplug your 360. You can still play your 360 at any time. You only have to worry about BC when your system dies (lol) but it looks like MS is going to have some "major" announcement for the 360 at E3, my guess is the system is getting cheaper. So would you rather have had to pay more for a BC XBox One? Or have that option to buy a $100ish replacement if your 360 craps out?

Yes there are a lot of negative things going around (anti used, always online to an extent, too much TV focus) but MS has already said that E3 will be all about the games. So just wait a few more weeks before deciding if you want one or not.[/QUOTE]

I can see your reasoning behind it. It will not affect a lot of users (such as myself), however I primarily game on consoles because of the freedoms allotted to us such as borrowing game discs, sharing with multiple users in my household (on separate consoles), and DLC generally locked to the console/HDD versus the account (though Sony has been doing away with this recently). With a lot of this out of the window, I don't see any reason to not make my PC my gaming platform. Asides from exclusives, I don't see anything to entice me to continue being a console gamer.

And "Sale" prices more akin to Steam are a pipe dream. We all know how MS operates. Sony is a little better but only with a paid PS+ subscription. Ultimately at the end of day, PC is a much more overall attractive package.

I echo Broken Cage's sentiments.
Once the Xbox can no longer do the things that my PC can't, there's no reason to purchase it.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Monsta Mack']- If you don't buy used, anti-used does not effect you outside of the occasional lending of games, if that even effects you. Being on CAG it sucks not being able to take advantage of Gamefly or Amazon Warehouse deals but this should mean better price drops on new titles and/or Steam like sales. At least one would hope.[/QUOTE]

I love ignorance. Like when it happens in politics. "awe who cares it doesn't affect me, I'm not going to vote or call my congressman." Then all of a sudden there's an issue that does affect you but it's too late because all you're right have been eroded away. Every issue that is anti consumer whether it affects you or not should be taken into serious consideration before voting with your wallet. And there is no proof that Microsoft will follow the steam model, if anything there is proof they will just do the opposite as their sales have sucked for the most part on Xbox Live until this year when they knew the next system wouldn't be backward compatible.

Edit: I guess this kind of echoes tokyostomp, nice post.

[quote name='cancerman1120']^Stop being reasonable...the internet runs on rage...you want the internet to die?[/QUOTE]

Well I can understand why everyone is pissed. We had nothing but BAD news the first day. Now that the bad news is out of the way things can only get better... hopefully

Broken Cage - Your PC can't play certain games like Gears of War or Halo 4. I know Judgement was pretty "meh" but I'm probably in the minority (or not?) that bought the 360 for exclusives. Yes the quality declined over the years, but Forza, Gears and Halo were always there and never on the PC. Every system has exclusives worth buying for... except for maybe the Vita.

[quote name='kill3r7']You're PC takes up quite a bit of space. It's an eye sore in most modern living rooms and it's nowhere near the TV. Additionally, it's not as intuitive to use and access as a gaming console. Otherwise,I agree with the premise of your argument.[/QUOTE]

I'll give you the space one, but an eyesore? Unless you're buying something off of the shelf, most PC's end up looking pretty sweet. Mine even has a Gears of War Crimson Omen logo on it. Just saying.

Steam's Big Screen Mode helps with the ease of access, but it's not perfect. That said, it's still not so imperfect that it warrants a $500.00 purchase for a sleeker looking box that's going to do the same thing.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Well I can understand why everyone is pissed. We had nothing but BAD news the first day. Now that the bad news is out of the way things can only get better... hopefully

Broken Cage - Your PC can't play certain games like Gears of War or Halo 4. I know Judgement was pretty "meh" but I'm probably in the minority (or not?) that bought the 360 for exclusives. Yes the quality declined over the years, but Forza, Gears and Halo were always there and never on the PC. Every system has exclusives worth buying for... except for maybe the Vita.[/QUOTE]

I agree. At this point I am leaning towards PS4 but no one here has all the details on either system. Getting upset now is fine to make these companies aware what we do not want in the system but making a decision today is premature.

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']I actually just switched back to UVerse. They used to let you use a 360 as a 'satellite' box. I'd love to check it out but support for that is seemingly on hiatus. Regardless, the X1 will still require some other piece of hardware to integrate with a cable feed.

Here's where I'm coming from. If I could replace my main cable box and my 360, due to cable card support and backwards capability, the X1 would've been the first console I purchased close to release since maybe the N64. With neither, I'm just going to wait for a year or two until the dust settles before I pick a PS4 or X1 or something else or nothing at all.[/QUOTE]I wouldn't be surprised if the X1 ends up working with a device like a SiliconDust or Centon network cable tuner or a USB-connected TV/cable tuner. If it's running a subset of Windows 8, the drivers are already there from the equipment vendors.

The only issue is for the time being, you'd need a CableCard or cable box to decrypt the information that's encrypted as cable providers drop analog cable to all-digital. Comcast pretty much encrypts everything without a cable box except for local broadcast channels, so I expect things to go the same way with other providers.

[quote name='kill3r7']I think I read somewhere that XboxOne in the future (ie XboxOne S) will give you the ability to do away with the cable box.[/QUOTE]There is a FCC mandate that down the road, the cable companies will have to work to provide content in an IP stream of some kind, with the "whole home cable box" being the content delivery device that gets it from the cable provider into your home network. That's multiple years off in the future, though.

[quote name='shrike4242']If you have AT&T UVerse, it'll probably work with that service as they've teased that for a while. Same probably goes for FIOS which is already on the 360 currently.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I figure it'll work with Uverse out of the box considering the 360 works with Uverse great right now, just like a regular receiver. Though the setup is slightly scammy in my mind. You don't have to pay a monthly fee, but you have to pay $100 install fee. The software can be installed from a burnt CD but it still needs to be activated by AT&T. If you install the uverse client without the $100 install, about 3/4 of the time they will still try to charge the $100 because the $100 is really a licensing fee. According to the reps anyway.

My whole thoughts on the new console.
1) Always On - Not surprised and wont be a problem for me, but I do see it turning some people off and causing some confusion early on.
2) Used Games No More - Honestly not a big deal to me and we've all seen it coming from a mile away. That doesn't make it any better but I don't see this detracting as many people as it's being made out to be. I don't understand how this is anticonsumer as there are many things, software related, that you can't buy used. I don't see why games are any different.
3) No Backwards Compatibility - Again, not surprised and I'm glad they are doing it. Typically the machines had to have more power to run the BC, depending upon how it was implemented. The other thing is that it takes away an attack point for mods/piracy. I'm sure the community will find other ways but no BC takes away one section.
4) Media Focus - This has been the writing on the wall for the last few years from both major groups and I don't see the hate on it. If you don't use the features, then don't. They aren't forcing anyone to do it and this just makes it easier on some people to only have one device for their main room.
5) Games - Everyone is so focused on the lack of games mentioned it's like they forgot E3 was coming and Microsoft isn't going to blow their wad before E3.

With the media focus I would like to see some Indie developers able to get in on media app creation, specifically XBMC. I know it'll never happen but an honest port of XBMC back to the brand that launched would be great.

[quote name='ShockandAww']So for people mad about the required internet connection and the used game policies that we know of, what if PS4 is doing the exact same thing? What are your plans then?
[/QUOTE]
My plans are to play my Xbox 360 until there are no more 360's left to buy and/or service is no longer. When that day comes, I'm no longer a 'gamer.' Unlike most people, when I believe something is wrong, I actually boycott. Unfortunately, I'd much rather see the industry die than continue to see it going the way it is.

:)

[quote name='cancerman1120']I agree. At this point I am leaning towards PS4 but no one here has all the details on either system. Getting upset now is fine to make these companies aware what we do not want in the system but making a decision today is premature.[/QUOTE]

I don't care what meat will fill the sandwich; if the first thing the chef does is smear bloody feces all over the bread I'm not putting that in my mouth.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I agree. At this point I am leaning towards PS4 but no one here has all the details on either system. Getting upset now is fine to make these companies aware what we do not want in the system but making a decision today is premature.[/QUOTE]

Just as a point of fact, I'm not making a decision today. I really hope all of this turns out to be the biggest mistake in gaming history short of the Virtual Boy, and I can grab an Xbox One and not lose my 50k+ gamerscore. (I also really prefer the Xbox controller to the Playstation controller.) However, I'm also not going to turn a blind eye to all the talk out there and just hope for the best.

Did you watch Major Nelson's live chat? I mean every answer was spinning and dodging. When asked about the used game fee, he only said, "No policy has been decided yet." I'd much prefer they just came out and said, "What're you fucking dumb!? You really believe that!?" They're not doing that.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Broken Cage - Your PC can't play certain games like Gears of War or Halo 4. I know Judgement was pretty "meh" but I'm probably in the minority (or not?) that bought the 360 for exclusives. Yes the quality declined over the years, but Forza, Gears and Halo were always there and never on the PC. Every system has exclusives worth buying for... except for maybe the Vita.[/QUOTE]

I bought the 360 cause it was cheaper than the PS3. Believe it or not, if Sony didn't have that whacky pricing model, I might have never purchased an Xbox. Still, I'll miss exclusives like Fable, Gears, and Halo, but if the horror stories are true and the console is that restrictive? That's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. Hell, they'll probably end up on Steam once their console sales die off anyway.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I understand the reasoning to not care for the XBox One, but before not giving it a chance consider the following.

1. We don't know how awesome the games are. Wait till E3.

2. If you don't buy used, anti-used does not effect you outside of the occasional lending of games, if that even effects you. Being on CAG it sucks not being able to take advantage of Gamefly or Amazon Warehouse deals but this should mean better price drops on new titles and/or Steam like sales. At least one would hope.

3. If you have a stable internet connection, you'll be fine.

4. All systems come with Kinect integrated, but it is entirely up to developers to take advantage of the Kinect. The core controller is still there, and as good as ever.

[/QUOTE]
1. The games can be the best games to ever come out, but no matter how good they are, I'm not going to support the system/industry if this is going to be the 'future.'

2. I ONLY buy new games, but I'm not going to support the system/industry if this is the way it's going to be.

3. While I see myself having a stable internet connection the rest of my life, unfortuantly life is life, and life can change in a second. If that day comes, I'm screwed and so are others if something life changing happens. Regardless of life changing events or not, again, why should I support this 'future?'

4. With a 'required' Kinect in the box, that means the price of the system is going to be higher than I want to pay. I'd much rather have an option rather than be forced to pay for this.

:)

[quote name='MetalSlugger']I don't care what meat will fill the sandwich; if the first thing the chef does is smear bloody feces all over the bread I'm not putting that in my mouth.[/QUOTE]

And for you what exactly is the "bloody feces"? Just trying to gage the issue.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Well, I'm done with sandwiches for a while.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was a very detailed analogy (I guess it would be a metaphor?) for certain.:D

I wholeheartedly agree.

- If you don't buy used, anti-used does not effect you outside of the occasional lending of games, if that even effects you. Being on CAG it sucks not being able to take advantage of Gamefly or Amazon Warehouse deals but this should mean better price drops on new titles and/or Steam like sales. At least one would hope.
(SNIPPAGE)
So just wait a few more weeks before deciding if you want one or not.[/QUOTE]

A: Even if I never "buy" used, it affects my ability to "sell" used. When I trade-in to Best Buy etc., that trade-in credit is more often than not 'recycled' into other games. So if my effective cost of gaming goes up, I'd do less gaming.

I understand that Steam and much of PC gaming is the same with little re-sale on the back end, but PC Gaming is cheaper on the front end so it hurts less.

B: And while I reserve the right to revise/extend my remarks after E3, it's really not up to me to be patient, it was up to MS to wow me. They didnt, and now I'm at best indifferent. I was already leaning going to PC and nothing they showed yesterday has changed that.

[quote name='tokyostomp'] With a lot of this out of the window, I don't see any reason to (edit "not") make my PC my gaming platform. Asides from exclusives, I don't see anything to entice me to continue being a console gamer. [/QUOTE]

(I'm assuming this edit is what you were trying to say)

[quote name='Monsta Mack'] PC can't play certain games like Gears of War or Halo 4. I know Judgement was pretty "meh" but I'm probably in the minority (or not?) that bought the 360 for exclusives. Yes the quality declined over the years, but Forza, Gears and Halo were always there and never on the PC. Every system has exclusives worth buying for... except for maybe the Vita.[/QUOTE]

But this is what I learned from Gen 7, I dont really like first party games, especially Microsoft first party games. While I loved Alan Wake, that was about the only 1st party MS game I spent time with; well that and Kameo. Most of the games I like are Ubi, 2K, and EA joints. I find some of Sony's offerings interesting, but mostly, I play 3rd party games. It was cool owning all the Gen 7 consoles, but ultimately, I think I would have been fine with just one or better yet a gaming PC.

I may still end up with a console of some sort as I have 3 boys who are going to join the gaming world during Gen 8. But for just *my* gaming, I'm really in the 'meh' world. The best thing I've heard from MS and Sony is that they are using x86 architecture, which means that PC ports should be really easy. ;)

[quote name='kill3r7']You're PC takes up quite a bit of space. It's an eye sore in most modern living rooms and it's nowhere near the TV. Additionally, it's not as intuitive to use and access as a gaming console. Otherwise,I agree with the premise of your argument.[/QUOTE]

But he's not a soccer mom. What if none of that stuff affects him?

[quote name='murph17']
3uit0g.jpg
[/QUOTE]
:lol: FYI, it does NOT replace your cable box/card. That entire opening demo was extremely misleading as you will still need to connect it to your DVR to stream live TV.

Also, I know a few people were asking about can you share the game at your household or friend's house without paying a fee.
"So, think about how you use a disc that you own of an Xbox 360 game," he began. "If I buy the disc from a store, I use that disc in my machine, I can give that disc to my son and he can play it on his 360 in his room. We both can't play at the same time, but the disc is the key to playing. I can go round to your house and give you that disc and you can play on that game as well.

"What we're doing with the digital permissions that we have for Xbox One is no different to that. If I am playing on that disc, which is installed to the hard drive on my Xbox One, everybody in my household who has permission to use my Xbox One can use that piece of content. [So] I can give that piece of content to my son and he can play it on the same system."

Harrison then explained what happens when you want to take that game beyond the borders of your own home and into a friend's place.

"I can come to your house and I can put the disc into your machine and I can sign in as me and we can play the game," he explained.

"The bits are on your hard drive. At the end of the play session, when I take my disc home - or even if I leave it with you - if you want to continue to play that game [on your profile] then you have to pay for it. The bits are already on your hard drive, so it's just a question of going to our [online] store and buying the game, and then it's instantly available to play.
Source

So it's still not clear if you can access it for free on the same machine via separate accounts, but signs point to no. One account, one license.

Oh yeah, be sure to check out Final Bosman this week. Great unbiased stuff here.

[quote name='confoosious']Eh. What's the big deal.[/QUOTE]

If you own a $250 headset it would be a big deal if I have to buy another one in 6 months.

It should be noted that the used game situation impacts more than just people that buy used. I have some games I collect but they're honestly a small number. Most game I don't want to keep forever. I'm not a hoarder. I don't have BOXES of games that I'm "saving" forever "just in case". Hell no. Unless it's one of my favorites or it's somehow rare and fairly valuable, forget it. That means I mostly sell on eBay because it fetches a higher price than trade ins to stores (usually). The used game situation, assuming reactivation is full price, ruins that entire marketplace and hands GameStop a monopoly. You can't even GIVE AWAY your games to family members FOR FREE. It's fucking bullshit. It's like they don't even want you to buy a physical disk. Oh wait...

[quote name='cancerman1120']If you own a $250 headset it would be a big deal if I have to buy another one in 6 months.[/QUOTE]

Wonder about fighting sticks? I don't play fighting games but those are expensive accessories.

[quote name='cancerman1120']If you own a $250 headset it would be a big deal if I have to buy another one in 6 months.[/QUOTE]

You can't expect accessories to work with next generation of systems. It's nice when they do but if they always did, we'd still be using parallel port printers.

Is this really surprising given that 360 controllers and fightstick peripherals are both incompatible as well?

I expect Sony to have the same kind of policy with their controllers and peripherals.

I'm not endorsing this, just saying that it's really not surprising given the previous policies.

The only company as of late that has shown BC with peripherals is Nintendo and the Wiimote.

Edit:
Fightsticks have already been confirmed to not work with the XBO.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/...s-and-pads-likely-wont-work-next-gen-console/

Again I think this will be standard for the PS4 as well but you never know...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cancerman1120']Oh fuck. Even I cannot defend this.

Xbox One not Compatible with current Headsets.

http://go.ign.com/11bVyeq[/QUOTE]

Wow, reading the comments on IGN, this appears to be a bigger issue than any of the anti consumer measures. :roll:

[quote name='cancerman1120']And for you what exactly is the "bloody feces"? Just trying to gage the issue.[/QUOTE]

Two things:

1) The whole game activation key debacle. All signs are pointing towards Microsoft cutting a sweetheart deal with GameStop/Amazon for "used" games and effectively neutering the consumer's ability to resell physical media on their own terms. They'll cut out all of the smaller/indie shops and you can kiss any forum trading/eBaying goodbye. I buy almost all of my games new but it's a flagrant affront to my consumer rights and I'm not going to put up with it.

Even if it's not as bad as all that, the fact that they're changing their story every statement when they're not outright avoiding the question is pretty damning. Plus, from my post way back wherever in this thread, the wording in the official FAQ makes it sound like they'll completely nix import/region free games and DLC, which isn't as huge of a deal to me but is still a bullshit move and will drive certain genres even further into the niche.

Basically, it doesn't matter how good the games are if the delivery system fucks me out of all my rights as a media owner, just like it doesn't matter how good the meat in the sandwich is if the sauce is revolting. Hopefully they'll remedy this.

2) This is the big one for me: the always on Kinect. I mean really, even though it's an entertainment device and MS probably won't use it maliciously, isn't it basically the thoughtcrime camera from 1984? The link a few pages back that showed MS's patent to restrict streaming content based on how many people are in the room at one time is BULLSHIT and is now draconian measures like that are completely within the realm of possibility. The only solution other than covering up the camera is unplugging it ever time I power the system off, which A)defeats the point of the off-state voice commands and B)will be a PITA given my home theater setup. I don't mind tracking my voice/movements while it's actually on since it means I'm personally giving MS my permission to, but FFS I'm not putting up with that shit just to play some video games.

[quote name='antlp89']Is that really surprising given that 360 controllers and fightstick peripherals are both incompatible as well?

I expect Sony to have the same kind of policy with their controllers and peripherals.[/QUOTE]

Sony used bluetooth and I believe are doing the same on the PS4, I think this makes it have better odds of working with previous gen peripherals. Time will tell though.

A concern I have about this new Kinect is that the camera is not centered. If it is designed to sit in front of the television, will it be placed off to the right?

[quote name='RiPPn']Sony used bluetooth and I believe are doing the same on the PS4, I think this makes it have better odds of working with previous gen peripherals. Time will tell though.[/QUOTE]

The thing is, they already confirmed that PS3 controllers will not work with the system.

So I highly doubt they would allow other PS3 bluetooth peripherals to work as well.

[quote name='antlp89']The thing is, they already confirmed that PS3 controllers will not work with the system.

So I highly doubt they would allow other PS3 bluetooth peripherals to work as well.[/QUOTE]
Most gaming headsets for the PS3 don't even use bluetooth. They use their own usb dongle that communicates with the headset. The PS3 controller is different since it does use a wireless radio transmitter from within the console which is changing with the PS4.

[quote name='antlp89']The thing is, they already confirmed that PS3 controllers will not work with the system.

So I highly doubt they would allow other PS3 bluetooth peripherals to work as well.[/QUOTE]

But they did confirm that PS3 move controllers will work so who knows.

[quote name='htz']Most gaming headsets for the PS3 don't even use bluetooth. They use their own usb dongle that communicates with the headset. The PS3 controller is different since it does use a wireless radio transmitter from within the console which is changing with the PS4.[/QUOTE]

Good point, usb headsets should definitely work on the new system. As for the PS3 controller, it's not a special radio, it's bluetooth, in fact I use a PS3 controller on my PC through a bluetooth dongle and MotionJoy.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Oh fuck. Even I cannot defend this.

Xbox One not Compatible with current Headsets.

http://go.ign.com/11bVyeq[/QUOTE]

I can't defend it either, but was it to be expected those would work going fowards?
Already expected my fight stick, headset and controllers not to work. I'd assume the same for the PS4 as well.

[quote name='RiPPn']But they did confirm that PS3 move controllers will work so who knows.

Good point, usb headsets should definitely work on the new system. As for the PS3 controller, it's not a special radio, it's bluetooth, in fact I use a PS3 controller on my PC through a bluetooth dongle and MotionJoy.[/QUOTE]
Bluetooth uses short wavelength radio transmission, so I considered it a radio. ;)

Forced Kinect is another sticking point for me. Not because I'm anti-Kinect (actually liked the new features) but because it's not wireless. I have a projector setup so the audio rack is at the back of the room. So yeah, why not make that baby work via wi-fi and just have a plug for power?

[quote name='JP']Y
My whole thoughts on the new console.
1) Always On - Not surprised and wont be a problem for me, but I do see it turning some people off and causing some confusion early on.

I only see it being a problem in a few years if families have more than one console and put one in a kids room. With wi-fi it shouldn't be an issue, but you never know.

2) Used Games No More - Honestly not a big deal to me and we've all seen it coming from a mile away. That doesn't make it any better but I don't see this detracting as many people as it's being made out to be. I don't understand how this is anticonsumer as there are many things, software related, that you can't buy used. I don't see why games are any different.

As pointed out, that's only half of the equation. What happens when you get stuck with a $60 copy of Crackdown 2 and can't sell it? fuck that. This policy will kill mid-tier gaming. Who's going to take a chance on unknown franchises with no safety net to fall back on in case it sucks?

3) No Backwards Compatibility - Again, not surprised and I'm glad they are doing it. Typically the machines had to have more power to run the BC, depending upon how it was implemented. The other thing is that it takes away an attack point for mods/piracy. I'm sure the community will find other ways but no BC takes away one section.

Thing is, if they had back-compat for XBLA/DLC they would be starting out with a potential pool of 77 million brand loyal users wanting to keep their content on the X1. Since they aren't doing that, they are essentially tossing aside 77 million people and giving everyone a clean slate to switch to PS or Nintendo. People stick with iPhone or Android because their content carries over. The same would have applied here but they clearly fumbled in that regard.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I can't defend it either, but was it to be expected those would work going fowards?
Already expected my fight stick, headset and controllers not to work. I'd assume the same for the PS4 as well.[/QUOTE]

This is one of the things that doesn't affect me but in an era of $250 peripherals, it'd be nice if these companies would take that into consideration when transitioning to new consoles.

Assuming the cost of including mandatory Kinect integration and backwards compatibility in the Xbox One are comparable, I would have rather seen backwards compatibility over mandatory Kinect.

If the choice were mandatory Kinect integration and no Kinect, I would choose the hypothetical lower cost at retail that would come with a Kinect-less SKU.

I guess the accessory issue was to be expected. The thing is I already hate having one set of headphones with the long ass cords sitting next to my tv. The thought of a 2nd pair to play another system make me want to bleh. At least I can use my current set for both the 360 and the PS3.

[quote name='cancerman1120']how do you even know it is only 3-4 times? Lets see your math.[/QUOTE]
360 about 350 Gflops, XB1 about 1200 Glfops, 1200/350 is about 3.4

[quote name='confoosious']You can't expect accessories to work with next generation of systems. It's nice when they do but if they always did, we'd still be using parallel port printers.[/QUOTE]

The Xbox One has 3 USB 3 inputs. At this point, they're just being fucking assholes.

I never really followed the PS4 thread when it was announced...was there this much hate? Their presentation wasn't that great either.

--------------

I'm still keeping my mind open until I see what comes out at E3 and the months leading up to release. But most likely I'll end up buying at launch as most of the issues people are bringing up don't affect me.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I never really followed the PS4 thread when it was announced...was there this much hate? Their presentation wasn't that great either.

--------------

I'm still keeping my mind open until I see what comes out at E3 and the months leading up to release. But most likely I'll end up buying at launch as most of the issues people are bringing up don't affect me.[/QUOTE]

we seen gameplay in ps4 conf BUt it was games we have seen since the launch of ps3. i get happy when microsoft said 15 games out in a year of launch and 8 are new ips. those games are from microsoft studios.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I never really followed the PS4 thread when it was announced...was there this much hate? Their presentation wasn't that great either.
[/QUOTE]

• Cloud Gaming
  • Social Features
  • No backwards compatibility
  • Not showing the console
Those were the only negatives I found skimming through that thread again. Plus timboslice bragging about his PC being more powerful than PS4.

[quote name='htz']
  • Cloud Gaming
  • Social Features
Those were the only negatives I found skimming through that thread again. Plus timboslice bragging about his PC being more powerful than PS4.[/QUOTE]

is their a reason to keep bringing me up in these god dang stuff. but hey it's true just saying.

[quote name='htz']
  • Cloud Gaming
  • Social Features
  • Not showing the console
Those were the only negatives I found skimming through that thread again. Plus timboslice bragging about his PC being more powerful than PS4.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']is their a reason to keep bringing me up in these god dang stuff. but hey it's true just saying.[/QUOTE]
Your PC is more powerful than the Xbox One but your going to get one anyways. Just saying...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back