Xbox One on the way. DRM removed, more details to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to get a #willnotbebuying campaign started on twitter to send a message. Even those who will be should jump on it because the changes will really still benefit them if we can get it done.

Regardless, no one angry with these changes should buy it regardless of the games.

This policy affects us all as cags.

The only smart move Microsoft made with this was making the allowance of used games up to the publisher. Publishers got greedy and thought they were slick. Even with record sales, dlc, and re-releasing the same sh*t, they want more money(from the used sales). Microsoft said NO, if you want to block used games, we won't implement it, but we'll give YOU that option. I don't see many publishers being that stupid. Especially not the big ones. If they try, expect game prices to drop even faster than they are, already.

As far as the ALWAYS on Kinect and 'allowing' people in YOUR OWN HOME to play your console, they must be OUT OF THEIR FREAKIN' MINDS!!! Lol. No. Maybe they should lease it for $50 a year if that's the case.

As for people willing to deal with the constant check-ins, maybe the rain or the snow will shut your internet down for a few days or a week and then you nay have a change of opinion. Not being ALLOWED to play with what you spent your hard-earned money on. That makes no sense.

I won't be shocked if the people who hacked Sony, hack the hell out of Microsoft to show people just what
kind of paperweights they own.

If Sony says they are not implementing ANY used game crap, Microsoft is done. Sony CAN say NO. The publishers can deal with it or stick with PC and WiiU. And, of course, that won't happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a serious clusterf*ck on MS' part.  I am a big fan of both the original and 360, but I will not buy XBone.  There is just too much control and ridiculous rules that have not been ironed out.  I am a pretty smart guy but even I have a hard time understanding when you can or cannot play a game at a friend's house.  What constitutes a family member?  There are so many open-ended phrases that MS clearly has not defined (or do not want to disclose), that I fear the worst is yet to come.  I can't even imagine Joe Sixpack who buys this for their kids, only to realize all these bullshit he has to deal with.

One point that seems ignored: MS doesn't take any commission from the used games sale. Based on the silence from publishers this still seems like MS giving in/joining forces with developers against the whole used market.

I think people would be more accepting if they know of awesome steam like sales and have some sort of offline mode.

At this point I am really just looking at all the games I have not played this generation and ready to give the big middle finger to the next one. I hope the whole thing crashes and burns and we can start over.

I find it funny that Microsoft and/or Sony wants to destroy Gamestop, when 80% of their business comes from Gamestop.  Talk about stabbing yourself in the head.

From my understanding it's giving the publishers the option to block used sales or not. It has come to light that "allegedly" MS will receive no percentage from used game sales.

They may be testing the water on how consumers react to this.

Will people boycott a publisher based on them not approving resells?

Will the public just not care?

and on a side note,

i'm sure they'll be looking at adoption rate percentages when publishers offer a digital exclusive price versus buying retail which is going to be ultimately determined to MS and they will tax said publisher accordingly.

Here comes the rant. M$ really disappointed me with these reveals. They are killing their own reputation. Some of us have been around since the 1st huge box. They have been slowly alienating us over the past few years, and we have been taking it. Raising live prices, being stingy on actual Gold Bonuses, but now these slaps? Not being able to transfer my downloaded games (that they made such a huge push for) to the new box? Garbage and don't say next gen change blah blah...they are running this like a computer, are you telling me a simple emulator would have killed the process? Fine not regluarly available games, but arcade games?  No, they just want more money for redownloads and rewraps of the old. The used games issues bother me slightly, I am a stickler for if I bought it is mine. If you want to make leased video games then fine, but they aren't leased. I own them. Stop being idiots. (ok off of that soap box) But my biggest complaint??? "If you are disconnected from internet for 24hrs, your system locks...oh well your tv crap and video junk stays on, but the actual game system or the reason you bought the box locks up. WTF? What about people who travel with their console on long trips? or to relatives houses? What happens with people who aren't in an area for fast internet connections? (they do still exist) It is not like we have examples of how always online DRM doesn't work? Oh wait? YES WE DO.  I don't know, I never thought that I would leave xbox, but as of now I am leaning towards a PS4, which just hurts to look at while I type. lol

I find it funny that Microsoft and/or Sony wants to destroy Gamestop, when 80% of their business comes from Gamestop. Talk about stabbing yourself in the head.
80% of their business does NOT come from GameStop. This is common knowledge. The biggest retailer for brand-new titles in the U.S. is not GameStop, it's Wal-Mart. The majority of sales at GameStop are in used games. And used games do not presently profit the original publishers, developers, or platform holders.

GameStop is a leech.

From my understanding it's giving the publishers the option to block used sales or not. It has come to light that "allegedly" MS will receive no percentage from used game sales.
Regardless of how 3rd party publishers decide to handle the used game trade-in process (no fees, transfer fees, or not allowing it at all), it seems to me the ability to outright sell your used game is completely blocked (I'm not going to count the one-time license transfer to a 30-day or longer XBL friend :roll:) and that is 100% on Microsoft.

The lack of a secondary market, and the presumed collapse in trade-in values (since trading to somewhere like GS will be the only way to get any value out of a game you are done with), will both have a negative impact on CAGs getting new games on the cheap as well. Without pressure from used game prices and trade-in outlets, there is less reason to put new games on sale as often or as deeply as we sometimes see now. Think on that for a while... So not only are we not likely to see Steam-like sales (because of the closed system and lack of competition just on the digital side) but also we'll probably see even higher average prices on new retail (ie, disc) games. This is of course speculation, but I don't see how removing the competition of used game prices (at places like eBay, Amazon marketplace, etc) is going to benefit consumers.

I find it funny that Microsoft and/or Sony wants to destroy Gamestop, when 80% of their business comes from Gamestop. Talk about stabbing yourself in the head.
Totally. From what I've heard the amount of new sales generated from trades is nearly 1:1 with any sales lost from used. Now, for anyone who thinks that removing the used market wouldn't matter then obviously doesn't understand economics.

This is just too damn sudden.
It's not sudden, Microsoft is just handling it in an incredibly obnoxious manner.
It is sudden for a lot of people used to the way console gaming has always been. Like I said, it was gradually moving that way anyway, but making it 100% that way for the next system was just a bit too much. But yeah, they are also being obnoxious ;).
Exactly. We were all prepared for this gen to be the last "media" generation, then all of a sudden... BAMM! Media is dead. fuck that. All they had to do was suffer through one more generation of used games while preparing people for digital with deals, but no, everyone got greedy. What MS is essentially peddling with the Xbone is OnLive with the illusion of owning a disc.

80% of their business does NOT come from GameStop. This is common knowledge. The biggest retailer for brand-new titles in the U.S. is not GameStop, it's Wal-Mart. The majority of sales at GameStop are in used games. And used games do not presently profit the original publishers, developers, or platform holders.

GameStop is a leech.
No, but the new game I purchase with the money I made from selling a game does. Now do they not only not get a portion of the used sales, now the consumer they are treating like a thief quits buying as many new games, killing the almighty attach ratio... which in turn hurts the mid-tier games since people will just stick to the AAA games. It's lose-lose-lose on their end and they're to money hungry to see it.

Regardless of how 3rd party publishers decide to handle the used game trade-in process (no fees, transfer fees, or not allowing it at all), it seems to me the ability to outright sell your used game is completely blocked (I'm not going to count the one-time license transfer to a 30-day or longer XBL friend :roll:) and that is 100% on Microsoft.
Leaving it up to the publishers is absurd. So theoretically EA could say Madden is worth $x, Ubisoft says Rayman is worth $y, and Activision says CoD is worth $0 because they want 0 trade ins. So in this market you could have a mess of games that have no value at all just confusing the consumer. "This game is only 3 weeks old, what do you mean I can't trade it for anything?"

Also, while MS getting boo'd at their E3 presentation would be hilarious, nobody showing up would be even funnier.

The gaming press represents all of us that can't attend. They need to send MS a message for all the little guys.

Totally. From what I've heard the amount of new sales generated from trades is nearly 1:1 with any sales lost from used. Now, for anyone who thinks that removing the used market wouldn't matter then obviously doesn't understand economics.
I think it's also important to mention that if you go to GS and look at the wall, it's full of a bunch of old shit and some new stuff. They aren't even making most of those games anymore. You can't lose a sale on an out of print game...

Ea has been voted worst company in u.s for years and their still one of the biggest selling publishers of games. the gaming market has changed alot since say ps2 and xbox days. This day and age the people sony and ms are trying to get are the customers that don't follow gaming news they see omg new systems i have to buy without doing any research. With that said ps4 and x1 will both do great this x-mas season.

I think it's also important to mention that if you go to GS and look at the wall, it's full of a bunch of old shit and some new stuff. They aren't even making most of those games anymore. You can't lose a sale on an out of print game...
if people been in gamestops in say last year or so they would see used game walls are getting smaller and smaller gamestop seen this coming for awhile now. i know the 4 game stops in my area seems like everytime i go in they have less and less used games. it now makes since why game stop started to sell things like iphones and tablets and allow people to trade them in.

A great point that always gets glossed over. MS can't lose a sale on Kameo when Kameo hasn't been available for 6 years.

Digital does change all that though. All games available, all the time.

Given all the fails MS has committed the past few years including this one I will be switching to Mac after using nothing but PC for all my life, there isn't much price difference for me since I always purchase high end PC's so the cost difference between apple and PC is not there for me. I don't buy cheap laptops as I am sure I would burn through one a year with my type of usage.

They just seem to be constantly screwing up be it Windows 8 or Xbox or Windows phone (don't actually know anyone who has a win phone)..

The only good thing is that first they have to get people to buy the box, I know a lot of people who won't buy Xbox due to the $60 a year gold which is required for almost everything on the console. Thankfully I don't use many of those services and I absolutely refuse to pay $60 for gold when you can get the same benefits on the PS3 without a subscription. I don't need to start sinking money into memberships because it could get expensive over time.

If people buy the box that is when we are really heading for problems, if Sony offers an attractive platform then I can see people buying that well over Xbox. Though I assume right now it will be up to the publishers at this point which games have restrictions on how it can be sold.

A lot of people here who play Xbox are kids, kids who do not have access to the Internet. This kills the market. Either that or MS will have a lot more angry customers who cannot use their product. Probably 50% of the people playing Xbox here are kids who don't have Internet, in addition these kids are often shuffled from house to house because they have more than one set of parents and the console goes with them, so they don't always have Internet where they go. These kids may be able to connect once a month or 2 or bring their console to their friends house where they can connect but not every day. This thing is going to be a nightmare to sell at retail..period. Unfortunately for MS this is a major market for them,at least here. There are areas of the US that don't have broadband at all, so those areas would be automatically excluded from MS's console.

I will most likely buy the Wii U at some point as dealing with system transfer seems much better than this but the only problem with it is already missing a ton of games while Nintendo once again promised 3rd party support, I fully expect it to miss most of the big games. Now I am not interested in playing the latest shooter so I really could care less about that but I don't want to miss the Mass Effects and oblivion's of the upcoming gen again because I chose to buy Nintendo. Fool me once fool me twice I will not be fooled again. Though I plan on waiting a year or 2 to get the Wii U so I can see what I am getting into once again. Another problem is I don't like Mario games, they are just too difficult for me. I do think Nintendo will eventually package a better battery inside the Wii U or bundle it with games to make it worth my while.

A lot of people also buy games with the assumption that they will be able to recoup their investment at some point, me included. If I get into financial trouble I assume I will be able to sell my stuff and move on. With this business model it is not possible to do this because the money can only be recouped in store credit which might only be able to be applied to more games and how much you will get back will probably be a pittance while the retailer charges close to new price for each game which basically does me no good.

most used games i buy are games i already played and just want to add it to my collection. with so many websites doing great deals on new games these days why would you even consider buying used. 

It is sudden for a lot of people used to the way console gaming has always been. Like I said, it was gradually moving that way anyway, but making it 100% that way for the next system was just a bit too much. But yeah, they are also being obnoxious ;).
Yeah, they definitely could have been more gradual and given people incentives to go with digital purchases instead of discs.

Make the download version cheaper. Maybe put some big games up a week or month before they come out on disc.
the thing with that (at least with retail releases) is that will piss off the brick and mortar places. steam doesnt have to really deal with that as most stuff is digital only anyway. if they release a game a week prior at say, a $40 price point, the gamestops, walmarts, best buys, etc will throw a pretty big fit.

Given all the fails MS has committed the past few years including this one I will be switching to Mac after using nothing but PC for all my life, there isn't much price difference for me since I always purchase high end PC's so the cost difference between apple and PC is not there for me. I don't buy cheap laptops as I am sure I would burn through one a year with my type of usage.

They just seem to be constantly screwing up be it Windows 8 or Xbox or Windows phone (don't actually know anyone who has a win phone)..

The only good thing is that first they have to get people to buy the box, I know a lot of people who won't buy Xbox due to the $60 a year gold which is required for almost everything on the console. Thankfully I don't use many of those services and I absolutely refuse to pay $60 for gold when you can get the same benefits on the PS3 without a subscription. I don't need to start sinking money into memberships because it could get expensive over time.

If people buy the box that is when we are really heading for problems, if Sony offers an attractive platform then I can see people buying that well over Xbox. Though I assume right now it will be up to the publishers at this point which games have restrictions on how it can be sold.

A lot of people here who play Xbox are kids, kids who do not have access to the Internet. This kills the market. Either that or MS will have a lot more angry customers who cannot use their product. Probably 50% of the people playing Xbox here are kids who don't have Internet, in addition these kids are often shuffled from house to house because they have more than one set of parents and the console goes with them, so they don't always have Internet where they go. These kids may be able to connect once a month or 2 or bring their console to their friends house where they can connect but not every day. This thing is going to be a nightmare to sell at retail..period. Unfortunately for MS this is a major market for them,at least here. There are areas of the US that don't have broadband at all, so those areas would be automatically excluded from MS's console.

I will most likely buy the Wii U at some point as dealing with system transfer seems much better than this but the only problem with it is already missing a ton of games while Nintendo once again promised 3rd party support, I fully expect it to miss most of the big games. Now I am not interested in playing the latest shooter so I really could care less about that but I don't want to miss the Mass Effects and oblivion's of the upcoming gen again because I chose to buy Nintendo. Fool me once fool me twice I will not be fooled again. Though I plan on waiting a year or 2 to get the Wii U so I can see what I am getting into once again. Another problem is I don't like Mario games, they are just too difficult for me. I do think Nintendo will eventually package a better battery inside the Wii U or bundle it with games to make it worth my while.

A lot of people also buy games with the assumption that they will be able to recoup their investment at some point, me included. If I get into financial trouble I assume I will be able to sell my stuff and move on. With this business model it is not possible to do this because the money can only be recouped in store credit which might only be able to be applied to more games and how much you will get back will probably be a pittance while the retailer charges close to new price for each game which basically does me no good.
avg gamer on ps3 and 360 is between ages of 27-35 where do you get that most people that play xbox are kids :facepalm:

if people been in gamestops in say last year or so they would see used game walls are getting smaller and smaller gamestop seen this coming for awhile now. i know the 4 game stops in my area seems like everytime i go in they have less and less used games. it now makes since why game stop started to sell things like iphones and tablets and allow people to trade them in.
Actually I think that's more of a business move to reduce used real estate in favor of peripherals and accessories. They've simply been refining a process that was in place when I worked there a decade ago, where excess copies or unpopular titles were being shipped to warehouses for redistribution or what is surely now online used sales.

so the guy hears kids playing dumb games like cod on xbox live so then he gets the idea that "kids" only play xbox

most people i know play their games on xbox because it's what their friends have. People have to remember until couple years ago 360 was way cheaper then ps3 that's how 360 got such a backing. now it's interesting if rumors are true ps4 will launch cheaper then x1 which in turn even with out all this every 24 hour connection garbage and if other things were not their i could still see ps4 doing better then x1 because of price point.

GameStop is a leech.
Read what I said again. Business. Wal-Mart does not sell used games in their stores, and they have a limited selection of used games on their online store, which isn't where most of Wal-Mart's games business comes from. That is where Gamestop makes up the difference and surpasses Wal-Mart's games business as a whole, while it is true most new game and console sales are done at Wal-Mart.

most used games i buy are games i already played and just want to add it to my collection. with so many websites doing great deals on new games these days why would you even consider buying used.
At this point, I plan on buying a Wii U and PS4. Sony did say that their console would work even if you never connected it to the Internet but that they'll let publishers decide on used/drm. The way I interpret that is that Sony will allow DRM free disks. Meaning that all first party games will be just like current gen games and can even be resold on eBay. Meanwhile, if you want to play Mass Effect 4, EA is going to force you to connect to the Internet every 24hrs (or have some other sort of proprietary Sony DRM).

In other words, I will be getting first party games and any 3rd party game with DRM I'll wait until it's 2 or 3 years old and costs about 10 bucks. Having SOME games that don't require constant online checkin and with no DRM is better than NO GAMES like that. At least if I have to connect every 24hrs while playing Mass Effect 4 - when I finish that game I can stop connecting on a regular basis. Also you'll have 1st party games if your Internet goes out. While still shit, it's much less regressive than XbOne.

Actually I think that's more of a business move to reduce used real estate in favor of peripherals and accessories. They've simply been refining a process that was in place when I worked there a decade ago, where excess copies or unpopular titles were being shipped to warehouses for redistribution or what is surely now online used sales.
And GS isn't even losing the ability to make profits off of used games...

so the guy hears kids playing dumb games like cod on xbox live so then he gets the idea that "kids" only play xbox

most people i know play their games on xbox because it's what their friends have. People have to remember until couple years ago 360 was way cheaper then ps3 that's how 360 got such a backing. now it's interesting if rumors are true ps4 will launch cheaper then x1 which in turn even with out all this every 24 hour connection garbage and if other things were not their i could still see ps4 doing better then x1 because of price point.
Last year I bought some of my friends copies of Left 4 Dead 2 on Steam just so we wouldn't have to play on XBL, where at least once every other game some little kid would go off on a tirade of racial slurs and homophobia that would make the KKK blush. Obviously this is going to be more prevalent in games like CoD (hell, it's practically white noise there), but it certainly isn't exclusive to those games.

Xbox Live is obviously not "nothing but kids", but it's definitely got the most noticeable lot of them. That pack-in headset can be a curse just as often as a gift.

Let me ask you guys this, according to their news site, it says: Xbox One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games.  You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.

So, if you have 10 friends who are "family", couldn't you set up a gameshare with them so that a $60 game only costs $6? 

Let me ask you guys this, according to their news site, it says: Xbox One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.

So, if you have 10 friends who are "family", couldn't you set up a gameshare with them so that a $60 game only costs $6?
They haven't explained how this works. For all we know, you might have to create the 10 accounts as sub-accounts under yours or give them your login credentials.

Also, this:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/309952-xbox-one-for-families/?p=10603683

Last year I bought some of my friends copies of Left 4 Dead 2 on Steam just so we wouldn't have to play on XBL, where at least once every other game some little kid would go off on a tirade of racial slurs and homophobia that would make the KKK blush. Obviously this is going to be more prevalent in games like CoD (hell, it's practically white noise there), but it certainly isn't exclusive to those games.

Xbox Live is obviously not "nothing but kids", but it's definitely got the most noticeable lot of them. That pack-in headset can be a curse just as often as a gift.
what is not to say alot of kids have ps3 also but seeing ps3 don't come with a mic they don't have mic to rage and what not. I'm not saying live is not full of kids but to say ps3 is not full of kids and just xbox is full of them is just dumb.

Let me ask you guys this, according to their news site, it says: Xbox One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.

i don't think ms even knows yet how this will work

It seems the "family" thing is intended for one person at a time to play (as it would be if it was a disc you were sharing).  So that wouldn't work too well for 10 CAGs "gamesharing" a hot new title, unless you all agreed to play only at different shifts during the day ;).

What I want to know about this is if it lets you (if you are the primary member) and a family member play the same game at the same time on different consoles.  Not that I will be getting a second ONE (let alone a first) all that soon.  But that is something I do currently on both 360 and PS3 so in the long run I'd like to know if this is possible.

And give Timbo credit for that comment: I'm sure he's right that even MS hasn't got this entirely figured out yet.  Or at least I hope so and they aren't obfuscating just for the sake of covering up even worse news.

I think if this E3 goes over really poorly for MS and/or Sony they may follow Nintendo's plan and just have a video presentation that's completely under their control.

what is not to say alot of kids have ps3 also but seeing ps3 don't come with a mic they don't have mic to rage and what not. I'm not saying live is not full of kids but to say ps3 is not full of kids and just xbox is full of them is just dumb.
Yes, Timmy, that was the sentiment behind the second part of my post.

There are no hard statistics as to which service is bulging with a larger number of abnoxious little shits, so we must go by experience.

Just thought of something.  What's the likelihood of Microsoft restricting "giving" games to friends to Gold members?

I'm sure they will sell you a replacement Kinect to fix that. ;)

EDIT: whoops. Looks like I was responding to old message (Corvin talking about a dog chewed Kinect cord killing the console in effect).
If Sony has the same tricks up their sleeve we might see higher sales for 360 and PS3 (and Wii U) then this next gen.

Yesterday's Rebel FM podcast Arthur says he heard through "sources" that the GPU downclocking rumor is accurate. His source said MS expected the console to last only 3 years at the original clock speed but if it is underclocked the console will last 5 years which is what MS is expecting the new console cycle to be.

Yesterday's Rebel FM podcast Arthur says he heard through "sources" that the GPU downclocking rumor is accurate. His source said MS expected the console to last only 3 years at the original clock speed but if it is underclocked the console will last 5 years which is what MS is expecting the new console cycle to be.
Wait, what? How is it supposed to last longer with lower specs?

Wait, what? How is it supposed to last longer with lower specs?
I'm pretty sure he was talking about reliability.

:rofl:  OH, well the console's gonna break down in 5 years instead of 3?  Well, I guess we should be happy it's more than the 8 months the original 360 got...

BTW, my original Xbox still runs just fine, how is their hardware getting worse?

Finally having a job again is a double edged sword. I won't have time to worry about this shit anymore but actually have the money to afford it.  :) Either way, I have no plans on jumping on board either of these trains for a few years.  I have yet to really see anything that has made me salivate to the point where I NEED to buy either of them.

IF that rumor is true, which is debatable at the moment, it refers to the ESRam used for cache rather than the GPU. They could lower the clock rate to lower the possibility of it overheating due to errors in the die manufacturing process.

http://www.eat-sleep-game.com/news/category/rebel-fm-podcast/

Skip to about 1hr 10 min they talk about the hardware. Around 1 min later (~1 hr 11 min) they talk about GPU specifically. Again, I THINK he must be talking about reliability. I'll ask him on twitter. Maybe he'll reply though I'm sure he's packing shit for E3...
Alright guys, I asked him, someone else replied, then he answered. the three messages are below:

1. blaster man ‏@blasterman1 4h
    @aegies on Rebel FM, the 3yr/5yr talk is a discussion reliability right?

2. CortanaCraver ‏@CortanaCrave69 50m
    @blasterman1 @aegies Ya I dont get this, what arthur mean when he says changing a chip gives it 2 more years. How many +years from the cloud

Arthur Gies ‏@aegies 42m

@CortanaCrave69 @blasterman1 slower chip means less heat. Less heat means longer life.

Kinda scary that the thing lasting 5 years is almost a best case scenario in their eyes. So, you could be paying close to $100 a year for your system...plus controllers and whatever other peripherals you burn through. Do people really think PC gaming is that much more expensive?

Kinda scary that the thing lasting 5 years is almost a best case scenario in their eyes. So, you could be paying close to $100 a year for your system...plus controllers and whatever other peripherals you burn through. Do people really think PC gaming is that much more expensive?
I agree. It's like they supposedly looked at the Red Ring of Death and turned it into a Business Model.

I agree. It's like they supposedly looked at the Red Ring of Death and turned it into a Business Model.
I don't think that's it, it's just that they expect the cycle to last 5 years so they want the console to not break and give them bad PR before 5 years is up. After 5 years they don't care as much because if your console breaks you can just move onto the Xbox One 2.

I'm on my 4th 360. I'd be shocked if an Xbox One lasted 5 years.
Ditto. 4th here also. Got a new one, then two refurbs. Then sold the 2nd refurb to some chump on Craigslist who didn't mind have a launch console and used those funds to buy a slim on black friday a couple years back. The slim's worked out well.

I don't expect them to last forever. My 60gb PS3 died on me but that took over 6 years, it had a good run.Nintendo systems though, those will still be working after the inevitable Zombie apocalypse. My wife has an original game boy that still works fine. I've got a SNES with a crack running through it, works great.

I don't expect them to last forever. My 60gb PS3 died on me but that took over 6 years, it had a good run.Nintendo systems though, those will still be working after the inevitable Zombie apocalypse. My wife has an original game boy that still works fine. I've got a SNES with a crack running through it, works great.
I had great experiences with Nintendo hardware until the Wii. My Wii's GPU and DVD drive both had to be prefaced. This generation has been really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back