Yakuza 3 comes West, Right now!

I mean seriously - if a niche game like Demon's Souls can half a million copies in the USA - there isn't any reason Yakuza 3 shouldn't manage to do the same amount in sales. There really isn't. All the title needs is the right marketing push and quite frankly - they should get in touch with Sony and ask be asking Sony's Director of Yakuza 3 Marketing Genius Kevin Butler to help them sell the game.

It's a FREAKIN' EXCLUSIVE for Christ's sakes!

directorofrumor.jpg

I really hope they don't delay the game. I plan on picking up FFXIII, Yakuza 3 and God of War III. Its funny that they just seen what this game is launching with? I plan on going to my GS tomorrow and picking both up and would just be a sad panda if I only came home with FFXIII. I played the demo and really liked it. Using different kinds of weapons to fight the MiB (I was almost pretending I was Bruce Lee when I had the nunchucks out whoopin some ass) or just playing the mini games. Yes I spent around 30 minutes at the crank machine trying to get both bears for my lady friend and couldn't find where she was at and the demo ended right after the fight with the MiB. This would be just sad if sega delayed this. All the fans or people intriuged and wanting to play the new Yakuza (like myself) accepting that the release date is the same day as FFXIII and a week later is GoWIII and spent the extra money for the game to find out that it might be delayed. I mean c'mon. Delaying it a month before it releases or something like that would be tolerable in my eyes, but a couple days before release?! WTF!!

It's delayed for me. I have to wait until the 18th before my copy ships out with Yakuza 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dallow']Amazon sent out FFXIII but not Yakuza 3..... grumble grumble....[/QUOTE]

they probably shipped it to amazon distribution centers today. They should ship it out tomorrow

I received an email with the preorder code for the "Exclusive Challenge Pack" from Gamestop. It was only a 100 kb file, so it looks like all the "bonus" content is already on the disc.

I haven't gotten a call from GS yet saying my pre-order is coming in tomorrow... Wonder if it will be Wednesday.

[quote name='dallow']Yeah, biggest offender in Yakuza 1 was all the loading.[/QUOTE]

If I didn't have an HD loader I don't know if I would've tolerated them. The demo for 3 makes it seem like they are either short, hidden, or non-existent. It's nice. On another note, being a host is hard work. They freaking call me when I'm on my way to meet some important yakuza person. Then I have to make Kaoru wait outside which is fine, but I kept messing up on hitting 80,0000 yen. Who knew that a girl DIDN'T want to hear that she should get bigger boobs. I figured that was the correct answer since the boss said to be aggressive and the other option was something like "can I hold you?" which isn't quite aggressive. I hope the next person is easier to please.

[quote name='equest943']If I didn't have an HD loader I don't know if I would've tolerated them. The demo for 3 makes it seem like they are either short, hidden, or non-existent. It's nice. On another note, being a host is hard work. They freaking call me when I'm on my way to meet some important yakuza person. Then I have to make Kaoru wait outside which is fine, but I kept messing up on hitting 80,0000 yen. Who knew that a girl DIDN'T want to hear that she should get bigger boobs. I figured that was the correct answer since the boss said to be aggressive and the other option was something like "can I hold you?" which isn't quite aggressive. I hope the next person is easier to please.[/QUOTE]

The Japanese version is a 5gb install kids. That's where those loading times went.

[quote name='jh6269']I haven't gotten a call from GS yet saying my pre-order is coming in tomorrow... Wonder if it will be Wednesday.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, that would suck! I wanted to pick up both tomorrow. I'm gonna call them before I head out.

[quote name='defmonkey05']Ugh, that would suck! I wanted to pick up both tomorrow. I'm gonna call them before I head out.[/QUOTE]

Yakuza 3 is wednesday according to the guy behind the counter at the midnight launch for FF XIII tonight.

I plunked down $5 on it just to make sure I got a copy since it is sure to be a niche game.

[quote name='Robobandit']Yakuza 3 is wednesday according to the guy behind the counter at the midnight launch for FF XIII tonight.

I plunked down $5 on it just to make sure I got a copy since it is sure to be a niche game.[/QUOTE]

Well... I guess I can live with that. Still plan on getting FFXIII today. I'll just hitch a ride with my friend since he's picking it up as well on wednesday. But GS usually can't tell their asshole from their elbow apart.

If anyone knows for sure about GS, please let me know. I assume I'll get a phone call tonight about it, but I pre-ordered from a new GS that I usually never go to, so I was wondering if that's why I didn't get a call.

Its probably not a reliable indicator, but I did get my email form GS.com with my DLC code.

Personally, I am hoping this is just a case of the game being released by distributors on release day as opposed to an actual delay. I need to get some hours in before Resonance of Fate shows up in my mailbox.

I just called the GS I goto all the time and he told me tomorrow. He said it shipped today and should arrive sometime tomorrow. Not a big hassle. But it seems like the really hyped games arrive on street date and some of the more niche games ships on the 'street date' and arrives the day after. I wish they would be more descriptive on this. But oh well. :roll:

[quote name='defmonkey05']I just called the GS I goto all the time and he told me tomorrow. He said it shipped today and should arrive sometime tomorrow. Not a big hassle. But it seems like the really hyped games arrive on street date and some of the more niche games ships on the 'street date' and arrives the day after. I wish they would be more descriptive on this. But oh well. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I think youre right. I specifically rememeber the same thing happening with Yakuza 2 and Valkyria Chronicles. Im just glad they didnt bump it a week or two...

mmm..pre-ordered the game at gamestop.com when there was a coupon code in january, got my dlc code two days ago but when I checked my order status a few minutes ago it says "backordered". ..say what.. :!:

I'll check tomorrow and then see whats up.

[quote name='defmonkey05']I just called the GS I goto all the time and he told me tomorrow. He said it shipped today and should arrive sometime tomorrow. Not a big hassle. But it seems like the really hyped games arrive on street date and some of the more niche games ships on the 'street date' and arrives the day after. I wish they would be more descriptive on this. But oh well. :roll:[/QUOTE]
The game was NEVER street dated. Therefore it didn't ship on the street date, since it never had one. It was always shipping today and arriving tomorrow.

[quote name='raystorm']mmm..pre-ordered the game at gamestop.com when there was a coupon code in january, got my dlc code two days ago but when I checked my order status a few minutes ago it says "backordered". ..say what.. :!:

I'll check tomorrow and then see whats up.[/QUOTE]

I was equally shocked and disappointed when I checked as well. :bomb:

May have to do a "Buy & Return" if the B&M store has copies tomorrow.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']The game was NEVER street dated. Therefore it didn't ship on the street date, since it never had one. It was always shipping today and arriving tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

True, but if you looked at FFXIII on gamestop's website it said the same thing on being shipped 3/9/10. So that should of been shipped today instead of shipped monday.

All the Best Buys near me say "in-stock" according to the website, but then it says that I have to pre-order. Can a pre-order even be "in-stock" according to the store finder? Amazon has a 1-4 week wait on it at the moment. I pre-ordered from amazon but haven't gotten a shipping confirmation yet and the status says "ships March 14." What the hell? What's the point of even pre-ordering? Anyways, I might just go to Best Buy to make sure I get one with DLC. Does anyone know if the current retail versions all have DLC or not? I'm figuring it will say on the box. I guess it's a good thing since it will give me time to finish 2, but it kind of makes me nervous as to the rarity of the game.

I'd also like to note that Sega must have seriously fucked up the logistics on this game. Amazon has a wait time of 1-4 weeks. What the fuck? Did Sega send them 20 and then tell them "Well, if it sells, we'll make more." Gamestop, however, seems to have plenty or something. None in store yet, but as people have said, their stores will probably get them tomorrow. I'm just appalled that Amazon would make someone actually wait that long to get it on the day of release. Unreal.

^equest

Did you choose super saver shipping? If so, that's why it takes so long. You can buy faster shipping if you want it.

Also, all the blogs said to pre-order b/c there would be limited copies...

ok..gamestop.com just shipped my order. yay :applause:

Anyone who ordered at gamestop.com go and check your order status!

[quote name='jh6269']^equest

Did you choose super saver shipping? If so, that's why it takes so long. You can buy faster shipping if you want it.

Also, all the blogs said to pre-order b/c there would be limited copies...[/QUOTE]

It said that it would ship out on the 14th, not get here on the 14th. Typically they'll ship out on the release date and I'll get it a week later, but shipping a week after and getting it two weeks after release? Kinda weird. Like it says above, I guess there were limited copies.

FROM IGN REVIEW:

I just finished Yakuza 3, and I'm pretty sure that I love it. The game looks a bit dated because it was released in Japan a while ago and SEGA took its sweet time getting it over here, the "beat all these guys up" gameplay can get repetitive, and the entire thing's in Japanese so you better be ready to read some subtitles. But, despite all of that, Yakuza 3 is a blast.

8.5 out of 10

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/107/1075171p1.html

[quote name='raystorm']ok..gamestop.com just shipped my order. yay :applause:

Anyone who ordered at gamestop.com go and check your order status![/QUOTE]

Huzzah -- mine go shipped out as well! :applause:

Hopefully it'll come sooner than 3 days, or at least by Friday so I have the weekend to really dive in.

I like that the review emphasized just how much there is to do in this game. I think a lot of people new to the series, heard about the cuts and thought it was a big deal, but in reality theres so much to do in the Yakuza games that one or two minigames and some sidequests arent very significant.

Also, I just checked GS.com and my order has shipped!

[quote name='defmonkey05']True, but if you looked at FFXIII on gamestop's website it said the same thing on being shipped 3/9/10. So that should of been shipped today instead of shipped monday.[/QUOTE]
The website lists a SD and a ship date as the same thing. Ask an employee next time and if it says "SD X/XX" next to the title then it's street dated.

I like this quote:

[quote name='IGN']It took me 20 hours to beat the story and the stat screen said I had only done 11 percent of everything I could do. Adventure mode, premium playthrough, karaoke bars – all of this is there to explore.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']The website lists a SD and a ship date as the same thing. Ask an employee next time and if it says "SD X/XX" next to the title then it's street dated.[/QUOTE]

Well that's awesome if you're a regular at Gamestop. It just seems more simplier to have more details online to whether its SD or ships on that date.

[quote name='defmonkey05']Well that's awesome if you're a regular at Gamestop. It just seems more simplier to have more details online to whether its SD or ships on that date.[/QUOTE]
It would be a lot simpler, but it's not on there so no use complaining about it.

Has nothing to do with being a regular:

"Excuse me, I preordered ______ is it street dated?"

Don't have to be a regular to ask that.

The latest Famitsu is out and Yakuza 4 has racked in an impressive review score. The weekly Japanese magazine has given the fourth numbered iteration of the action game a thirty-seven out of forty. Review scores were broken down into a 9, 10, 10, and 9. That’s pretty damn good, if you ask me.

Yakuza 3, on the other hand, received a 9, 9, 10, and 10 when it was reviewed in Famitsu almost a year ago. That same game launched today in Japan.

Also reviewed by Famitsu, God of War Collection received a 33/40 and Darksiders a 32/40

source

10cuhvq.jpg

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']It would be a lot simpler, but it's not on there so no use complaining about it.

Has nothing to do with being a regular:

"Excuse me, I preordered ______ is it street dated?"

Don't have to be a regular to ask that.[/QUOTE]

KISS eh? :applause:

Yakuza 3 was finally released on Tuesday in North America after being out in Japan for over a year. The localization was first marred by Sega’s indecision as to whether or not to release the game overseas after low sales from the first two titles outside of Japan. Furthermore, Sega had to cut several features in the western version of Yakuza 3 due to time constraints with the translation process.

After so much trouble with the localization of Yakuza 3, many fans are growing weary about Yakuza 4 releasing outside of Japan. Aaron Webber, Sega of America’s Assistant Community Manager, recently made a statement on the comments section of the Playstation.Blog regarding the chances of the next game in the Yakuza series being localized for the west:

It’s not a question I can really answer for you, but I would encourage all fans of the series to show their support for Yakuza by picking up a copy [of Yakuza 3]. At the end of the day, numbers often speak loudest.

Yakuza 4 will be released on March 18th in Japan exclusively for the Playstation 3, just nine days after the North American launch of its predecessor, Yakuza 3.

source

PSM3 Magazine UK 90 out of 100
Eurogamer 8 out of 10
Play UK 82 out of 100
Gameplayer 9 out of 10

Eurogamer - It's also difficult not to like Yakuza 3 for being a game for grown-ups, with sex and death and whiskey and politics and swearing. As over-the-top as it can be with its storytelling, there's a feeling of gritty authenticity to the story and characters, at least once you get past the crying orphans.

I've got a $25 Amazon GC. I'm tempted to get this. Is it worth it even if I've never played a previous Yakuza game?

bread's done
Back