YMMV: PSone LCD Combo $50 at Toys 'R' Us (LCD Monitor $35)

Unassuming Local Guy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Just for shits and giggles we stopped in TRU tonight. I noticed the Sony LCD monitor was $35 and was this close to picking it up when my girlfriend noticed the combo was only $50. She ended up buying it for me as an early birthday present. So here I sit, Strikers 1945 in my lap, giddy as a school girl.

The TRU was the one on Alexis RD in Toledo, OH. They had two combo's left that I could see through the "game storage window" and three or four LCD monitors.

[quote name='sstr']I got one of these sceens cheap but i have no PSOne, does anybody have any jury-rigged stand ideas to share.[/quote]
I found a PSone for $20 at a local pawn shop. Perhaps check at some in your town?

Hey, could one of you owners of the LCD Screen and the PSOne LCD Combo post the UPC's of both. I'd like to go to upcdatabase.com and print the UPC so I can check the price at my local TRU without bothering the cashier.

I've checked for the upc at outpost.com, overstock.com, buy.com, half.com, none of them even have the PSOne Combo listed. They all direct me to ebay. Thanks for the help.

Got the last one in Leominster MA for 15 bucks. I gotta say, using the mod this thing is pretty hot. But I have to pick up a PSone as a base at least, It doesn't stand up on its own. Oh and for the guy above, 7 11719 40170 4 for just the screen. The combo was still 75 where I was and marked at 150, but the screen was actually marked at 15 which is the only reason I bought it. Been playing my GC and my atari controllers on it so far, handy.

[quote name='explorer1990']Hey, could one of you owners of the LCD Screen and the PSOne LCD Combo post the UPC's of both.[/quote]

Sony PlayStation (PS one) and LCD Screen COMBO - 711719401605

I am still looking for one of these if someone has a TRU near them that still has them for the cheapass price.

im still looking for screens too... preferebly one or 2.... i can spend like 30 shipped MAX on one.... LMK if anyone can help

[quote name='crazytalkx']Sold out at my TRU (West Covina). But I did find Siren for 13$ and a 2$ gundam model.[/quote]

Was there anymore Siren? And is this the one next to walmart on azusa?

I went to two TRUs today and the price was 150 for the combos and 65 and 24 for the lcd screens. But, I think both places were out of screens anyway, so maybe TRUs don't drop in the computer if there isn't any in stock?

I just called my TRU for a price-check, they said 24.98 for just screen, although I dunno if that's accurate since the guy on the phone spoke very broken English. Regardless, I don't have a PSone and don't really want to buy one just to play PS2 on the screen. So is there any way to use the screen and my PS2 without having a PSone connected also?

Well, got another PSOne tonight, and tried out the LCD screen...it's the best I've ever seen a PSOne's picture look. Totally worth the $13.06, or $25 or whatever if you can find one.

One week ago, there were 5 screens at my local TRU on Mira Mesa Blvd (in San Diego) - however, the price is still $49. No combos available.

As stated several times in this thread... I will buy a combo or an LCD screen. Just PM me what you want for either of them. :whistle2:D

I was able to pick up a new LCD screen at my TRU, so I would like to sell off my used one. It's in pretty good shape. It works just fine, but has a tiny scratch at the very bottom of the screen in the center. It barely even touches the picture. I've been using it for about a year, which is when I paid $50 for it used at EBGames. I'd like $15 shipped for it. No paypal. Any interested parties PM me. Thanks.

MjC

Edit: LCD Screen is spoken for.

[quote name='MCalvert1']I was able to pick up a new LCD screen at my TRU, so I would like to sell off my used one. It's in pretty good shape. It works just fine, but has a tiny scratch at the very bottom of the screen in the center. It barely even touches the picture. I've been using it for about a year, which is when I paid $50 for it used at EBGames. I'd like $15 shipped for it. No paypal. Any interested parties PM me. Thanks.

MjC[/quote]

PM sent.

Got one last night @ TRU for $22 (marked as 34.99 but ring up as 22)
At first the screen looks VERY dark, you can see little action going on but it's just won't light up. Right before I put it back into the box and return this thing I decided to try it again. Guess what? It worked.
I think it must be very old inventory - there were 6 left, 1 box got opened and unit was gone. Probably went demo. The box for the other 5 are all yellow-ish looking. My suggestion to everyone who got this? Try it right away. Defect rate seems pretty high on this item.

Very nice little screen and it display everything correctly, no text problem as earlier posts mentioned. I mean of course text isn't easy to read but that's the nature of small screen, as far as I see not much distortion at all. Tried GC soul calibur II, super monkey ball 2, resident evil (game appeared to be a little dark). Overall this screen is awesome for the price of $22 + cable cost. This also works well with DVD player.

On top of this, I also grabbed a copy of GC eternal darkness 36.99 + TAX + 70% off (green tag) = $ 11.xx

YMMV though, I bet.

It definitely depends on the volume of sales at your TRU...since mine hadn't sold any in what looked like years, the price was way lower.

Just dropped by Toys R Us and got the last one (guy before me bought 4 of them, maybe he's a CAGer too?) but couldnt find the actual system. Anyone got an idea where I can get the actual PSone console for cheap?

Anybody ever use the intec 5 inch screen. Should I even bother with it? It is the only thing my TRU has left for screens. It was scanning up at $29.99 in store, but I probably should take it to the register. It should be cheaper since the sony ones are less than that. I asked if they had any of the sony ones and the person said they have 2 on hold for an employee. I wish he hadn't told me at all.

[quote name='SleazyC']Anyone got an idea where I can get the actual PSone console for cheap?[/quote]
Try local pawn shops... I got one at a local pawn for $19.95 and have been greatly enjoying Final Fantasy VIII on my PSone screen :)

[quote name='neonglow']I'd like to purchase a new LCD if any of you guys have extras. I'm willing to pay up to $35 shipped for one. You can also check out my tradelist.[/quote]

Some TRUs are still selling it at 50, most are selling it at $37. Good luck getting one for $35 shipped. :?

I called a TRU that had them instock (the combo) but they said it was $79.99. Is this right? Or it won't show up unless he presses total on the register to get it for $50 or whatever right?

[quote name='GSJaia'][quote name='neonglow']I'd like to purchase a new LCD if any of you guys have extras. I'm willing to pay up to $35 shipped for one. You can also check out my tradelist.[/quote]

Some TRUs are still selling it at 50, most are selling it at $37. Good luck getting one for $35 shipped. :?[/quote]

Sadly both TRU stores I went to yesterday were selling it for 50$. Plus some dumb bitch working there said something about a new 6$ disposal fee in CA, on all LCD products. I don't know if it's true or not, or just some B.S TRU policy, but it really angered me none the less.

I went to the TRU in South Portalnd, ME and the price was marked as $129.99, however, I picked up 2 LCD screens for $25.98 each when I asked the cashier to scan it (one for me, and one for my brother). They still had 4 LCD screen's left and they were all sold out on the PSone/LCD combo. However, I didn't ask about the display or bother to check the combo price, I'll have to go back tomorrow and check it out.

I haven't opened them up yet to test them out, I may have to do that. Also has anyone thought about price matching this at other stores such as Wal-Mart, Target, CC, and BB? Since it seemed as though my TRU wasn't a clearence price, but instead a mark down in price. What are the store policies on PM? If I go in to a store and show them my receipt won'tthem have to give my the same item for the same price if they have it in stock?

Also, if any CAGs live in the So. Portland/Scarborough/Gorham, ME area then maybe we can take a trip together to save on gas $$.

[quote name='neonglow']I just bought an LCD at a CA TRU, but I wasn't charged the LCD tax. I think mine isn't up to date yet.[/quote]
Mind saying which TRU in CA?
Not an attack on you personally, but it annoys the hell out of me when people report what they find locally and fail to say where "thier" store is.
Not a rip on you Neonglow, just a personal observation.

no screens at my TRU ( i probably should have asked though). this TRU still uses the lame paper tickets

though they had the intec screen, rang up 35

they also had the intec xbox 7 inch screen that was green tagged (~$50 after discount).

only had 2 la pucelle's for 19.98.

i decided not getting anything.

I was Picked up today my TRU LA CA
sony Psone 2 LCD screens 21.98 each( 2 more left)
La Pucelle tactics 21.98 (i just bought..last one)
Drake 3.98
sony car adaptatear 4.99!! (wow..last one)

not bad deasl..

Whent on a journey to TRU in Paramus,NJ on( route 17 north, not the one on route 4), they were marked 54.99 decided not to buy it. Then on my adventure in the Paramus Park mall the KB Toys in their had 2 left for $29.99 and I only bought one. I dought they sold the other but for anyone who lives in Bergen County give it a shot.

[quote name='ReggAe']I was Picked up today my TRU LA CA
sony Psone 2 LCD screens 21.98 each( 2 more left)
La Pucelle tactics 21.98 (i just bought..last one)
Drake 3.98
sony car adaptatear 4.99!! (wow..last one)

not bad deasl..[/quote]

Which one in Los Angeles?

bread's done
Back