YMMV: PSone LCD Combo $50 at Toys 'R' Us (LCD Monitor $35)

Unassuming Local Guy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Just for shits and giggles we stopped in TRU tonight. I noticed the Sony LCD monitor was $35 and was this close to picking it up when my girlfriend noticed the combo was only $50. She ended up buying it for me as an early birthday present. So here I sit, Strikers 1945 in my lap, giddy as a school girl.

The TRU was the one on Alexis RD in Toledo, OH. They had two combo's left that I could see through the "game storage window" and three or four LCD monitors.

[quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='GSJaia'][quote name='neonglow']I'd like to purchase a new LCD if any of you guys have extras. I'm willing to pay up to $35 shipped for one. You can also check out my tradelist.[/quote]

Some TRUs are still selling it at 50, most are selling it at $37. Good luck getting one for $35 shipped. :?[/quote]

Sadly both TRU stores I went to yesterday were selling it for 50$. Plus some dumb bitch working there said something about a new 6$ disposal fee in CA, on all LCD products. I don't know if it's true or not, or just some B.S TRU policy, but it really angered me none the less.[/quote]

The disposal fee is only on screens larger than 5 inches I believe. There were signs up at a TRU I went to that had the whole thing spelled out. I bought 2 screens yesterday at Brea for $21.98 and wasn't charged a fee. Go back and tell that clerk she has the policy wrong.

Since these screens can be used for numerous applications via rca cables would it be wise to buy 2 more of them for car related purposes. (EX. putting them into headrests of my ride?) Thanks.

I went to the TRU in durham, NC by CC and target. I picked up one screen for $26.xx. There were 2 left after I got one, and the boxes are all open. My screen works fine and it was a great deal.

I just picked up one in Saginaw, MI for 20.98... they have about 7 of them there...all sealed and new.

[quote name='Wshakspear']Only if you know how to properly wire it into your car or if Xzibit is a close personal friend[/quote]

Its Really not that hard. I have 4 years of Electronics under my belt. But I would probably need to keep one of the bottom parts for the RCA cables and DC for the power but I think its managable.

The PSOne combo was $75 here, and the screen was $35.

I picked up an Intec PS2 Controller/screen combo thing, regularly $99, but was $24. Only 2.5 inch screen, but it's really neat. The controller feels horrible though.

I bought LA CA " LA CIENEGA TRU" by Circuit City ... they had 2 more LCD screens last night when i check out ( 8:45pm..they cloesd 9:00)

[quote name='Indiana']I just picked up one in Saginaw, MI for 20.98... they have about 7 of them there...all sealed and new.[/quote]

Any way you could pick up another one? PLEASE :) :) :) PM if you can. Thanks.

[quote name='ReggAe']I bought LA CA " LA CIENEGA TRU" by Circuit City ... they had 2 more LCD screens last night when i check out ( 8:45pm..they cloesd 9:00)[/quote]

How much were they and did they charge the 6 recylcling fee for them?

I picked up a screen from the Toys R Us near the Boulavard Mall... it was like 29.90 I believe... but they had no PSOne's... I really need to know if anyone is selling one on here or might know who in the city is selling them new or used... thanks

I didnt pay "6$ recylcling fee" i dont know..whut is that... i just paid 21.98 + tax ...casher didnt say nothin..

[quote name='ReggAe']I didnt pay "6$ recylcling fee" i dont know..whut is that... i just paid 21.98 + tax ...casher didnt say nothin..[/quote]

Same here. The clerk actually called the manager and he said don't do it

Well I went back to check out my TRU again today to see if I could pick up a PSone/LCD combo for cheap, I knew they didn't have anymore, but I tried to get the display and they wouldn't let me have it because they said Sony still owned it. I asked when it would be for sale (if at all) and they didn't know. I had them scan it ragardless because the price tag still said $149.99 and the price came up as $79.98. However they still had 4 Sony PSone LCD screens for $25.98 left. I asked about the Intec LCD screen that was marked at $99.99 and when they scanned it, they told me it was 70% off, which means it's around $30 (which is more than the Sony LCD screen).

I didn't see any good deals on games since it seemed like they were pretty much picked over. I may go back to check out the games some more or pick up another LCD screen since I tried the one I have out and it works great.

Hey, does anyone know what shipping would be on something like this. I really want one and my Toys 'R Us is all out. I would pay for shipping and a little extra for your time and gas money. Send me a PM please. Thanks.

I will go and check my TRU for more screens tomorrow I guess. Zewone if your interested and my TRU still has them I'd be more then happy to pick one up for you at cost plus shippoing thats all. Ill let you know tomrowo if they still have them.

Just an FYI. There is some mod for the screen where if you replace the lights inside with another kind it greatly reduces the power usage.

In fact if one is inclined, after the mod you can apparently run the thing for a few hours off of 6 AA batteries.

[quote name='madmab']Just an FYI. There is some mod for the screen where if you replace the lights inside with another kind it greatly reduces the power usage.

In fact if one is inclined, after the mod you can apparently run the thing for a few hours off of 6 AA batteries.[/quote]

Sounds complicated. Is it worth it though? I think it'd be simpler to just leave it as it is, unless this mod would extend the life of the lcd screen.

[quote name='pimpinc333']I will go and check my TRU for more screens tomorrow I guess. Zewone if your interested and my TRU still has them I'd be more then happy to pick one up for you at cost plus shippoing thats all. Ill let you know tomrowo if they still have them.[/quote]

Would you be willing to do this for me, as well? Obviously if there is only one, zewone has it, but if there are more, I'd be more than willing to pay you. I'll PM you this request, just in case, too. Thanks.

If anyone could find a PSOne Combo for $50 and can pick one up for me, I'd pay $60 for it (Should cover Shipping plus some extra). My family and I are driving from Florida to California this summer, (42 hours....), so I want just for the long, boring trip. :)

Anyone know anywhere cheap to get just the PSone console. Both TRU's around me don't have any. The best I've seen so far is $30 for a used one at a local game shop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bread's done
Back