You needn't play at war for General Gaming -- Thread 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='gunm']Started out with Ninja Gaiden Sigma last night, but I quickly realized I was more in a Tekken mood though, so played through more of that. I forgot how much I liked playing Marshall (They Call Me Bruce) Law.[/QUOTE]

When did you get your PS3 setup? Shoot me a friend request over PSN.

my boss is on vacation from today to middle of next week,

and his boss wasnt in the office today either (prolly in his other office)

so I clocked in mad overtimes today getting my studying done at work!

whoo~!! didnt hafta worry about it at home!!

so I did laundry today and played MegaMan Power Up in the 48 minutes it took yo dry my clothes,

2 more robot masters to beat (Oil Man & Time Man)!

I've had the triple up for a couple of weeks now. Broke my rule because I didn't want to mess with it until I upgraded my TV. I'm weak though and wanted to try out T5DRO and crack open NGS.

Now I'm just playing games here and there and checking out the PSN store. Unfortunately, I have a small, but growing stack of Blu-Ray movies (thanks Amazon and Buena Vista/Blu-Ray marketing promos!) I don't want to watch until I can get the full benefit of 1080p. :p

I cannot believe that OutRun 2006 is a PSP game.

If you enjoy or have ever enjoyed classic arcade racers like Daytona USA, Cruisin USA, San Fransisco Rush, etc. You need to own this game for some platform. It's like Sega's apology for not bringing out a new Daytona for all these years, mixed in with the outrun tropical feeling.

Yes, I'm a nut about Daytona USA, and the powersliding in Outrun 2006 feels so similar that it makes me giddy.

Well, Sega Rally Revo is coming up. Not quite Daytona, but the original game was a fun arcade racer nonetheless.

I fully intended to have a productive night, but instead I fell asleep at 8pm and woke up at 3am. Maybe I'll go play bioshock before work.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']gunm I wanna "touch" you in tekken online sometime... or at least christie.[/quote]

Yeah hit me up whenever. I suck so it'll be a quickie.

Uh wait, that whole thing didn't come out right.
Not that there's anything wrong with it? Ah never mind...

[quote name='zewone']How are Dargoa and Botticus the oldest people in this thread and they haven't played any classics?[/QUOTE]Hey, I'm just as old as daroga (well, a few months younger). ;) I'll be honest that I never played the original Metroid myself. The reason is that I didn't get my NES until late 1990. At that time, I only played Mario, Casltevania, Mega Man, and licensed games. A year later, I gotta an SNES and didn't play the NES much after that (since the SNES became my primary console). It's one of the games I never heard for until I saw a commercial for Metroid II on GB. I still never played the original Metroid. :(

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']I hate when that happens. The stopping and then picking it up later and having no clue where to go/what to do. Many games still on the ol back log because of that.[/QUOTE]That happens to me ALL the time. I have a ridiculously long list of RPGs (mostly SNES ones) where I forgot where to go, like Lufia I, Lufia II, and others. :(
[quote name='InuFaye']Played some Jeanne D'Arc today. Man school, work, and the girlfriend are just eating away at my time.[/QUOTE]I still need to play my copy. :( I opened it, but have not inserted it into my PSP.
[quote name='whoknows']Just started playing Crush and WOW!

If you have a PSP and not Crush go buy it. NOW[/QUOTE]I want the game, but money is tight and so is my time. :(

Yesterday I was freaking busy, so only managed to play Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow and Warhawk.

[quote name='jer7583']I cannot believe that OutRun 2006 is a PSP game.

If you enjoy or have ever enjoyed classic arcade racers like Daytona USA, Cruisin USA, San Fransisco Rush, etc. You need to own this game for some platform. It's like Sega's apology for not bringing out a new Daytona for all these years, mixed in with the outrun tropical feeling.

Yes, I'm a nut about Daytona USA, and the powersliding in Outrun 2006 feels so similar that it makes me giddy.[/QUOTE]

OutRun 2006 rules. Got the PC version myself, and I play with the 360 controller. This game @ 1440x900 looks great, but I "rented" a 24" monitor a few months ago and playing it @1920x1200 was amazing. Now I'm looking for a big ass PC monitor without any problems. I tried playing it online a few times, but NOBODY seems to play that game online.

I'd gotten my ass kicked anyway, so no biggie.

I still want Super GT and Daytona 2 ported to anything.

You should really play Jeanne D'Arc Mana Knight. Its one of the best SRPGS I have played in along time. Its not that deep and challanging, but I'm having a hell of alot of fun.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']OutRun 2006 rules. Got the PC version myself, and I play with the 360 controller. This game @ 1440x900 looks great, but I "rented" a 24" monitor a few months ago and playing it @1920x1200 was amazing. Now I'm looking for a big ass PC monitor without any problems. I tried playing it online a few times, but NOBODY seems to play that game online.

I'd gotten my ass kicked anyway, so no biggie.

I still want Super GT and Daytona 2 ported to anything.[/QUOTE]

Oddly enough, the PC version of Outrun 2006 ended up being the best by far... I was expecting a shitty port. It uses the arcade version's models and all that nonsense, and it also gives you anti aliasing, so it's purdy... especially at 1920 X 1200, which I run it at on my 24" widescreen monitor :lol:

Dunno why, but just felt like playing the Stranglehold PS3 demo again. It's just fun, can't wait for the full game.

Man, Mother Brain gave me a headache this morning as I played a bit of Zero Mission. I don't remember having that problem before, maybe I played on easy last time.

[quote name='whoknows']Pursuit Force.

Glad I kept it around when I sold my old PSP.

I can say I'll probably be buying the sequel at release.[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for a place to get it for $10... either that or I'm waiting for the sequel... always wanted it.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'm waiting for a place to get it for $10... either that or I'm waiting for the sequel... always wanted it.[/quote]$10 is probably the right price for it. It's a fun game but there's not much to it I don't think. And sometime the controls got in the way of playing the game.

If it could've been all driving / vehicle hopping and no on-foot sections, that'd have been great.

My copy of Drawn to Life shipped. I will post my impressions when I receive it. Of course, it shipped Media Mail, so that might not be until next month. :p

[quote name='gunm']My copy of Drawn to Life shipped. I will post my impressions when I receive it. Of course, it shipped Media Mail, so that might not be until next month. :p[/QUOTE]

please do. I'm going to get it down the line but I'm in no hurry.

[quote name='daroga']$10 is probably the right price for it. It's a fun game but there's not much to it I don't think. And sometime the controls got in the way of playing the game.

If it could've been all driving / vehicle hopping and no on-foot sections, that'd have been great.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the on foot controls weren't very good, but the controls for driving were great.

In the trailer for the second one he's hanging off the wing of a plane. Awesomeness. Can't wait to play it.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Both of you shoot me one. ;)[/QUOTE]

For some reason I thought you were already on my friend list.

I'll shoot you a request as soon as I can.

Nodame Cantabile came in today, so I'm playing that (I made a thread about it as well). It's quite fun.

I returned my PSP Slim today and picked up a new one without a dead pixel or odd analog nub, and am working on the DJ Max Portable 2 demo. I can't beat it! Grr. I really want that game, though.

ugh. should i hang out with my friend or go to student council meeting? which link should i make stronger? damn you persona 3 and your hard decisions

whoo~!! today is THRUSDAY aka JEKKI day off from responsibilities!!

after work went straight to the arcade to practice Accent Core...

spent $3 getting my azz kicked hard by a Slayer player.

went home, ate, upgraded my PSP to 3.52M33-4 (from 3.10OE).

went back to the arcade, spent another $2 getting my ass kicked by a DIFFERENT Slayer player.

maaaan... fuck Slayer!! no tournament for me tomorrow, lol still need more practice!!

[quote name='SL4IN']ugh. should i hang out with my friend or go to student council meeting? which link should i make stronger? damn you persona 3 and your hard decisions[/QUOTE]

Good friends will be there for ya. What's your diploma gonna do for you?

[quote name='SL4IN']ugh. should i hang out with my friend or go to student council meeting? which link should i make stronger? damn you persona 3 and your hard decisions[/QUOTE]

only if your friend needs you for support while he asks out a teacher.

Not playing much tonight. Finally got some free time to organize and transfer shit to my new PC, as well as list a whole bunch of dust collecting items on ebay.

My new PC is making me question whether I really need any consoles until next Fall/Winter...but naw forget it, yo holmes to bel air

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Picked up Heavenly Sword today. Will post some impression's after an hour or two into it.[/QUOTE]Awesome, I gotta hear them. I sent you a message on PSN though.

Today wasn't that great, but I did play lots of Warhawk and improved my stats. Played a few demos on PS3.

On PSP, played some Monster Kingdom: JS for a little.

Right now, playing DW Gundam on PS3.

I watched in horror as a rather unsightly fellow sold a copy of bioshock to EB for $23 cash today. Poor fool.

I got dead rising and I've decided to shut off my ADD that didn't allow me to just play the game without worrying about getting everything. It's much more fun that way.

Bioshock tonight. I murder every little sister I can get my spliced up hands on. This time around. Next time I'll be a kinder, gentler protagonist. I just really wanted to see the skills to their max the first time around.

So... much... Viva Piñata. I can't remember when I last put so much time into a game in such a short period. Possibly Sim City 4, possibly GTA: San Andreas.

A Best Buy employee talked me out of buying Heavenly Sword so now I'm $60 richer than I would have been.

Think I'll put that money towards Stranglehold CE

[quote name='whoknows']A Best Buy employee talked me out of buying Heavenly Sword so now I'm $60 richer than I would have been.

Think I'll put that money towards Stranglehold CE[/QUOTE]

Two short games man, pick the one you want more. The Stranglehold CE isn't rare at all - at least the 360 version wasn't.

[quote name='Calamityuponthee']Two short games man, pick the one you want more. The Stranglehold CE isn't rare at all - at least the 360 version wasn't.[/QUOTE]
I'm talking about the PS3 CE since it has Hard Boiled on it.

And Stranglehold is longer than Heavenly Sword...right?

Beat Metroid Zero Mission and bought an iPod Touch because I'm a sucker for new and shiny and had some credit to burn. It's slick as heck :)

$60 6 hour games without multiplayer for the win. ;)

That's what renting is for.. I want to rent stranglehold one of these days.

Nice, daroga. I'm still rockin my 2nd gen shuffle. I quite enjoy it because I get to use it at work and also working out. It's stealthy and convenient for those situations.

[quote name='daroga']Even renting is expensive, though. What is it, $6 or $7 to get a game from Blockbuster?[/QUOTE]$7.99 for a next gen game. $5 for last gen games (or 2 for $10 basically). That's way too much, so I normally just buy.

I'm just going to buy Heavenly Sword one day.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']$7.99 for a next gen game. $5 for last gen games (or 2 for $10 basically). That's way too much, so I normally just buy.

I'm just going to buy Heavenly Sword one day.[/quote]Good grief, yeah. Buy, play under no time constaraints and sell, and you'd be out about what you'd have paid to rent it. That's what I've been doign for about a year now, works great.

[quote name='whoknows']And Stranglehold is longer than Heavenly Sword...right?[/quote]

I am hearing it's around 7-8 hrs for Stranglehold. So yeah not by much in any case.. Taking from a review my friend wrote for the 360 version: "Stranglehold is a short game. With each chapter taking about and hour to complete, the game clocks in at about seven to seven and a half hours." Take that as you will....

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Awesome, I gotta hear them. I sent you a message on PSN though.[/quote]
For some reason I can't d/l the update for 1.93. It keeps disconnecting at 4% I have tried three times to d/l it with no go. Guess I'll have to wait for 1.94 before I can see your message. :bomb: Anyway on to impression of HS. I got to say I have finished the first two chapters thus far and I am really really enjoying it. This game has been the first game I have liked the motion controls especially with Kai. I mean controlling her arrows when Semi spoilers?
Protecting Nariko's father was so sweet. I mean here he is hobbling across the bridge and you have all the guards rushing to hit him, and just one hit kills him and you have to restart over. I was taking care of the guards rushing at him from the front I didn't notice once he got about in the middle of the bridge, the guards coming from behind to kill him. Once I saw them I instantly shot and slowed the arrow down and started tilting and lining the arrow up. The guard got closer and closer to Nariko's dad the guard turned blue to hit him and *BAM* I just got the arrow right into his chest. I know it doesn't sound that great but wow adrenaline was running through me then and the awesome music at the same time wow. You really need to experience yourself to get what I felt.

Also using the motion controls at one point to attack the catapults with your own cannon/catapult was fun. You also have to use motion controls to hit switches with shields, and it is a blast. I have hated motion controls up until this game because I could never get used to them. You can turn these off in the options but honestly why would you want to? Just take the 15 or so minutes to learn the controls and you wont regret it. The game play is a blast it's like GOW but better IMO, as it's deeper then GOW as well. You learn more and more combos as you progress through out the game. The aerial ones are by far my favorite in the entire game. You also can unlock certain amount of tokens for each part/chapter. I don't know why it says no replay value because once I go beat it I am going to go through it again and try to get all the tokens for each part/chapter. Anyway I say if you like action games, please pick this title up. Unless you're short on cash then I say wait for a price drop, but at least get it when the price drops or rent it. Easily best action game for PS3, although I know that isn't saying much.

Well, of course none of us pays $60 for new games... this is CAG!

Why does mana knight have heavenly sword all up in his shit when he doesn't even own the game? Oh right, he's a volunteer sony viral marketer.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']for me this entire weekend... SKATE., SKATE., SKATE., SKATE., Tekken DR Online, SKATE., SKATE., etc. Monster hunter Freedom 2, SKATE., SKATE., etc...[/quote]

Hey now, make some time for Skate.....:lol:

[quote name='daroga']Good grief, yeah. Buy, play under no time constaraints and sell, and you'd be out about what you'd have paid to rent it. That's what I've been doign for about a year now, works great.[/QUOTE]Yeah, that's what I do. One reason I don't mind about buying $5-$10 games I want to try is, if I don't like them, I can trade them in, and it will still be cheaper than me actually renting the game. I prefer to not rush myself through games, but then again, I have a backlog because of that.

[quote name='jer7583']Well, of course none of us pays $60 for new games... this is CAG!

Why does mana knight have heavenly sword all up in his shit when he doesn't even own the game? Oh right, he's a volunteer sony viral marketer.[/QUOTE]I never have, because I either trade-in games or get them at Meijer when they have 15-20% off sales.

I WANT Heavenly Sword for sure (It's in the top 10 on my wishlist), but right now, I barely have much money left. Heck, I go without eating much for days to save money right now (by eating cheap snacks). I usually eat maybe 1-2 actual meals every week. Usually I have pretty good money because I'm working during the semester, but this time I'm not (couldn't get my old job back). :( It's like, I have X amount of money to spend over a year. Also, I don't have a credit card so I cannot get myself in debt to buy stuff.

If I didn't have problems with my senior project last semester, I would have finished college by now and would have had a good job. If I continue having problems, I'll probably just commit suicide and end my life.

Last night, I played with a few CAG members at Warhawk. It was a lot of fun. I need to play some Bomberman Live online since it has been a while (I've been busy with my project and writing a preview on Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back