ZACK & WIKI! 300k Sold! BUY!!! $29.99 Now! IGN: 9.0! 1UP: 9.0! NP: 9.0! GS: 8.5!

[quote name='lilboo']I think what I like best about this game is when you play a stage for QUITE A LONG TIME...and you FINALLY FINALLY figure it out. That feeling of "Ohhh YES I FINALLY got it" is a great feeling.

I almost threw the Wii out the window last night on the Level 2 boss.. :bomb:..and what makes me MORE mad is that..once I figured it out I was like "....Are you serious??!?" and realized it wasn't even all that difficult to begin with.

[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about Frost Breath? I spent about 30 minutes on that one last night before giving up.

One thing I love about this game is the ability to play a level or two at a time and move on to something else without getting too sucked in like other puzzle games.

[quote name='MarioColbert']Yep, that's the gfx card overheating. The cel-shaded game makes it ever so much more noticeable. I know because I just sent my Wii in for that very problem.

Sorry to hear it, I hope you can get it in time to fully enjoy SMG.[/quote]
Sigh. Yes, I'm seeing green, purple and black dots. Looks like I'll be sending it in for repair later today. :cry: Hopefully Nintendo has a decent turnaround time. Thanks for the feedback guys.

[quote name='Corvin']Are you talking about Frost Breath? I spent about 30 minutes on that one last night before giving up.

One thing I love about this game is the ability to play a level or two at a time and move on to something else without getting too sucked in like other puzzle games.[/QUOTE]

Yes. It's a real bitch that's for sure :cry:
But wait until you figure it out..ugh.

And I completely agree! This is addicting, but not ridiculous like Puzzle Quest!! You CAN'T stop playing that game!!

[quote name='MidnightRain']Sigh. Yes, I'm seeing green, purple and black dots. Looks like I'll be sending it in for repair later today. :cry: Hopefully Nintendo has a decent turnaround time. Thanks for the feedback guys.[/quote]

Well, if you want a little bit of sunshine coming your way:

Took them a day to send me a new Wii back. I have sent my Wii in last Friday (early afternoon), and if it's not at my house by the time I get back from work today, it'll be there tomorrow for sure. One week - that's pimp as far as I'm concerned.

If me being impressed with a week turnaround is somehow proof that I'm "a hardcore fanboy" - I suppose I should not have been happy to have my Wii gone for seven days total....

[quote name='Corvin']Are you talking about Frost Breath? I spent about 30 minutes on that one last night before giving up.

One thing I love about this game is the ability to play a level or two at a time and move on to something else without getting too sucked in like other puzzle games.[/quote]

I'm at Frost Breath right now.
I think I deeply scarred my wife by letting Wiki die in my first attempt. She was like, "Wiki! Nooooooo!!! You killed him!"

Agreed on the second count. I usually play this in 30 min. to 1 hour sessions. The intimidation of starting a new puzzle is often enough to make me take a break, and I know I haven't even gotten to the truly epic ones yet.

[quote name='MarioColbert']Well, if you want a little bit of sunshine coming your way:

Took them a day to send me a new Wii back. I have sent my Wii in last Friday (early afternoon), and if it's not at my house by the time I get back from work today, it'll be there tomorrow for sure. One week - that's pimp as far as I'm concerned.

If me being impressed with a week turnaround is somehow proof that I'm "a hardcore fanboy" - I suppose I should not have been happy to have my Wii gone for seven days total....[/quote]

Nice! I don't feel quite so bad about it now. :D I wonder how many DS/GCN/PS2 games I can knock out in a week...

[quote name='Tybee']
Agreed on the second count. I usually play this in 30 min. to 1 hour sessions. The intimidation of starting a new puzzle is often enough to make me take a break, and I know I haven't even gotten to the truly epic ones yet.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much it for me. If I conquer one really quick, I'll go on to the next, but if I languish on one for a while and feel like I accomplished something I'll usually hold the next puzzle until later.

[quote name='Corvin']That's pretty much it for me. If I conquer one really quick, I'll go on to the next, but if I languish on one for a while and feel like I accomplished something I'll usually hold the next puzzle until later.[/quote]I just get intimidated by the HQ ratings. I moved pretty quickly through the 5-stars at the Castle (which were pretty frickin brilliant), then decided to hold off for more playtime (likely this weekend) for the 6 and 9 star stages.

[quote name='botticus'](which were pretty frickin brilliant)[/quote]

YES! I wasn't the only one who noticed! Sweet! Thanks! Exclamation! SIGN!?

Woo-hoo!

I've heard that if you use wikipedia to look up wikipedia, it opens up a wormhole in the internet, and therefore in the time space continuum; so i've always been afraid to try it.

Okay, you chumps. I mentioned earlier in this thread that I'd wait for a price drop on this game, but all this talk of it becoming hard to find inspired me to pick it up today on my way to work. I'll crack it open tonight.

It'd better be as good as you guys say it is.

[quote name='Cambot']Okay, you chumps. I mentioned earlier in this thread that I'd wait for a price drop on this game, but all this talk of it becoming hard to find inspired me to pick it up today on my way to work. I'll crack it open tonight.

It'd better be as good as you guys say it is.[/quote]

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I realize - Zack & Wiki kind of blows.

No, just kidding - it's the shit. Have fun, ask in here if you get stuck.

[quote name='pittpizza']I've heard that if you use wikipedia to look up wikipedia, it opens up a wormhole in the internet, and therefore in the time space continuum; so i've always been afraid to try it.[/QUOTE]

You lie.

[quote name='MarioColbert']Actually, the more I think about it, the more I realize - Zack & Wiki kind of blows.

No, just kidding - it's the shit. Have fun, ask in here if you get stuck.[/QUOTE]
That's another thing. There seems to be an awful lot of stuck-getting in this game. That's cool with me, though. I've been known to get me some stuck in the past, but I think my storied Zelda pedigree will serve me well in that department.

[quote name='Cambot']That's another thing. There seems to be an awful lot of stuck-getting in this game. That's cool with me, though. I've been known to get me some stuck in the past, but I think my storied Zelda pedigree will serve me well in that department.[/quote]

Not as much as with a few other titles. Nothing in Z&W would be comparable to, say, the mayo puzzle in Gobliins 2, that took me a few weeks of being stuck in one area (this was before FAQs and in Russia - no hintbooks), and I was almost ready to give up until a solution accidentally manifested itself.

I think the game does a rather good job breaking you into its puzzle world slowly, so that even when you are stuck, you're constantly making progress. The game's hint system is the best, especially since if you use a hint, it goes on your permanent record. I fucked mine up after the ice level, because I beat the boss with no hints, and then re-played it again to see if the Oracle gives you the right hints in both instances. My total count is something absurd like 11, although I've used a couple in the second-to-last level, and probably three or four in the very last level...

Phoenix Wright 3 officially released me from its iron vice grip last night, so I have been able to play this.

Fire levels are fun thus far.

Do you know how I roll?

On the back of ancient mechanic fire golems.

That's how.

I've been thinking about picking up a second copy to hold onto in anticipation of a huge price increase, all the local game stores still have their 3 copies they got in.

Anyway the game is awesome but even my 10 year old brother thinks it looks kiddie =/.

So i beat the game with no dolls or faqs used. But i have a post game question...
I read around about hidden chests in stages, and clues on how to get them, but i was wondering how would you aquire those clues without using a faq?

50,000 copies isn't a lot. It basically means it was sent to die. But this game has a pretty big following. The people who bought it love it, and the people who have heard about it, want to try it.

I don't agree with Cheapy's assessment that this is the only MUST BUY Wii title. It's a must buy, but it's not the only must buy. Zelda, Wii Play, Metroid, Zack & Wiki are must buys. For me, Super Mario Galaxy isn't a must buy since I already have it. But, Zack & Wiki is a delightful romp to crush the overwhelming number of Ninja games on the market.

[quote name='pete5883']I think you mean either 50000, or 50k. Because 50000k is a lot of copies.[/quote]

Fixed!

I think Zack & Wiki may get a sequel or something similar if the game manages to sell 150,000 copies or higher.

[quote name='The Crotch']Since it's the game everyone's been comparing it to ever-so-hopefully, how well did the first Phoenix Wright sell?[/quote]Unofficially, we'll say 100k.

[quote name='botticus']Unofficially, we'll say 100k.[/QUOTE]
Leave it to the guy with the Dick Gumshoe avatar to come running in whenever his precious little game is mentioned. Pffffft.

How do you get the game to read the 2nd-4th Wii-motes? I've got two and I'm letting my nephew try it out and I want to help him but I can't activate the 2nd Wii-mote.

Did I miss it right before the game started?

Thanks!

I love this game.

But, I'm a nineteen year old college student who can't understand that this game was meant for children... the puzzles are fuckin hard!

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Leave it to the guy with the Dick Gumshoe avatar to come running in whenever his precious little game is mentioned. Pffffft.[/quote]

Idea: until you have something meaningful to say...
shut. the. fuck. up.
This idea is free, but optional.

Brucewayne:
The second Wii-mote should appear on the screen automatically. Make sure that the remote is on and its cursor is visible in the Wii.

ragnahrok: where you at in the game? (spoiler tags, please)

Scrub: have you found all the hidden treasure?

[quote name='brucewayne']How do you get the game to read the 2nd-4th Wii-motes? I've got two and I'm letting my nephew try it out and I want to help him but I can't activate the 2nd Wii-mote.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Just pretty much hit any button on another controller (it'll turn on) ..and you'll see a cursor with a 2 (or 3 or 4..depending on the wiimotes)

You then hold B to draw.
That's it!

[quote name='The Crotch']Asshole shrinking potion level. I've got pretty much everything figured out, but there are so many things there that I think might be important, but that also might be total red herrings. Herring. Herrings. Is herring the plural form of itself, or do you need an "s"?

Cutting down the tree at the beginning. Carrying the beaker around when shrunk. Lifting the rock in the beginning. Pouring stuff down the drain. Finding a way to enter the building's pipes. Etc.
[/quote]

I am totally with you there, buddy - I've fucking wandered around that one for a while, trying to fnd out if there is a secondary solution to my troubles.

I loved all of that area - for how fucking reminiscent it was of Goblins and the puzzles that Goblins were "all about" - maybe I should give the original Goblins a spin, yep, I'm going to do just that.

[quote name='brucewayne']How do you get the game to read the 2nd-4th Wii-motes? I've got two and I'm letting my nephew try it out and I want to help him but I can't activate the 2nd Wii-mote.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Have you synced the remotes?

[quote name='orimental']Have you synced the remotes?[/quote]

Guess not, how is that done?

I've used both of them for Wii Sports and Wii Play by holding down 1 & 2 buttons.

[quote name='The Crotch']Whew. Beat the castle boss and the level after it. Questions about the castle boss:
First, is there any way to get full points on the chain-pulling bit? No matter what I do, I always get 10,000/12,000. I'm making sure I grab it only once, pull it down in one smooth motion, etc., but still can't get it. Secondly, and far more importantly... the iron-maiden-vacuum bit. First you know which one to avoid because one won't jump. Then you go with the one with the face inside of it. What then? There's no hint when they open up. Their eye colour doesn't change. Their aura doesn't change. Is it dumb luck? 'Cause that's how I got through, and that's what caused many, many deaths.

The level after that more than made up for the luck-of-the-draw end to the preceding boss fight.
Watching the squid slowly cripple the ship only to be undone by my many brilliant counter-attacks was absolutely fantastic.
Play to the end of that level and tell me this game looks "kiddy". Motherfucker, that was some disturbing shit.[/quote]

Answer to the first "spoiler":

One of the iron maidens doesn't flash its eyes at the end. It's hard as all hell to see. In order to get the maximal points for the chain, you have to pull it AFTER all of the ghosts are floating in the room WITHOUT dropping the umbrella once.

As far as the second spoiler is concerned - agreed completely. I can't wait for a couple of my friends to get there, so that I could talk about it and hear their excitement. One of the best "battle" feelings ever - I really dug that level, and everything that followed.

Man, this game owns. My Wii did not make it back today :)() so that I means that I'll have to wait for it on Monday - stupid lazy delivery people at UPS, they're JUST DOWN THE STREET, assholes. I don't know if it's in at their office, though... Probably a good thing - I have shit to do, and I'd be too tempted to get all the hidden shit.

[quote name='The Crotch']Shit, I even noticed
the flashing eyes once, but I only saw it on one of them, so I figured it was just a trick of the light. As for the umbrella-dropping-bit? Boo-urns! I always set my umbrella down after the acid rain.

I don't know how a puzzle game manages to instill such a sense of urgency in a person, but fuck me, this one did. Though that level raped my HarameQ.
Am I the only person who loved Johnny talking with Rose? Especially the "What's with the long pause?" bit?
[/quote]

OOO Baby!

I cant help but to laugh whenever he does that

[quote name='supershammy']...Did Zen just take acid?[/quote]

If so, that sounds like a shitty trip. Anti-social "philosopher" nonsense tends to never end well. Not that I have any first-hand experience with what I'm talking about. :)

Rarity of Z&W is still more speculation than fact, however it is almost guaranteed that the game will go through certain "shortages" where it won't be available for a while.

[quote name='motuza']They'll probably pull off a Phoenix Wright for this. Once the game gets good word of mouth, they'll do a reprint.[/quote]
Does anyone have European sales numbers for Phoenix Wright?

Can anyone tell me on the "Mad Science" level with the potions. See spoiler:

How do you make the invisibility potion? I'm following all the instructions. I even have the Green soda. :/ What colors do I choose, and how much of each? I feel stupid. I've done the recipe like 10 times, yet I don't turn invisible

Man this 4th level is making me wanna end my life.
I'm pretty much done with the level..
As I frogged Rose :rofl: and got the map..I just need to escape..:bomb:
but it's these last few things that I am not picking up! GRRR

bread's done
Back