Zelda Breath of the Wild Special/Master Editions, Amiibo- Discussion

It's going to be a mad free-for-all when Best Buy finally puts the Master Edition up for sale.

I actually got extremely lucky last night.  I was at my job and I decided to sign into Amazon at exactly 3:25 EST and they had just gone up for order.  6 more minutes and I would have missed out.

It's going to be a mad free-for-all when Best Buy finally puts the Master Edition up for sale.

I actually got extremely lucky last night. I was at my job and I decided to sign into Amazon at exactly 3:25 EST and they had just gone up for order. 6 more minutes and I would have missed out.
Nice! I tried to stay up but didn't make it :( Hoping to be vigilant for BB today (which is my preferred store)

I was hoping to be able to preorder the Master edition in store at GS but it seems like they won't have any (per a Reddit thread). You can preorder the special edition though. Boo.

Why do I get the feeling these CE's will sell for more than the console in aftermarket? I love Zelda myself, but I don't get the anxiety over this shit lol.

Was any particular reason given why Nintendo raised the price on the amiibo?  The standard ones are now $15.99 and the Guardian is $19.99 (according to Best Buy).  I was expecting $12.99 and $16.99 respectively.

Thats already a given. Especially the master edition. If true about gamestop not allowing in store preorders, it will be extremely rare. Like fire emblem special edition rare.

Was any particular reason given why Nintendo raised the price on the amiibo? The standard ones are now $15.99 and the Guardian is $19.99 (according to Best Buy). I was expecting $12.99 and $16.99 respectively.
Because Zelda

(tbh the Guardian seems worth it, the others? A little salty)

Was any particular reason given why Nintendo raised the price on the amiibo? The standard ones are now $15.99 and the Guardian is $19.99 (according to Best Buy). I was expecting $12.99 and $16.99 respectively.
I think they just know they can increase the price and we will still pay *sobs*

5 special editions
0 master editions
25 consoles
At my store this morning

I was 3rd in line those are the full available quantities they had

Last edited by a moderator:
Anxiety is due to the fact that these will sell out and go for more than the console itself, like you said lol
Perhaps I should invest in one for a future car then. :lol:

But seriously, am I the only one that thinks they've changed the core dynamic of Zelda? There has never been voice-acting in a game that I can recall other than grunts, gasps, and laughter. The world does look incredible, but to suddenly add anime levels of drama and voice acting just felt. . .weird as fuck to me. I guess it's just as well because I had little to no interest in this game and while seeing the game in action it does look like a system seller, I just can't help but feel that Nintendo is truly dead to me.

I think they just know they can increase the price and we will still pay *sobs*
I'm telling ya, it's Zelda crying in that new trailer. They got us good. My $48 Zelda Wii U pre-order will have now become a $480 Switch, Master Edition, and amiibo pre-order I don't know what happened

I don't plan on getting a Switch till summer or fall but I still bought a Master edition anyway XD. I may end up selling just the game since I was planning on getting the Wii U version( assuming it's not getting a Master edition )

I don't plan on getting a Switch till summer or fall but I still bought a Master edition anyway XD. I may end up selling just the game since I was planning on getting the Wii U version( assuming it's not getting a Master edition )
When Switch flops, I'm betting that CE will become worth even more after Nintendo finally goes third party.

Want that master edition but won't get a switch until the new mario. The launch line up is even worse than the wii u.

Damn, looks like the Master Edition isn't up at either place now?  Hope Best Buy gets it.  I should've looked here last night!

From checking nintendo's page for the master edition, only Amazon, gamestop and bestbuy will carry it.

Answered my own question.. 141792 is the Sku for the Switch Zelda Masters Edition at Gamestop...
Just placed an order in store for that and got one for myself.. figured I'd help those that couldn't locate it..

Answered my own question.. 141792 is the Sku for the Switch Zelda Masters Edition at Gamestop...
Just placed an order in store for that and got one for myself.. figured I'd help those that couldn't locate it..
Mind posting a pic of your receipt with just the Master Edition line? My store said the $100 version was able to be pre-ordered but not the $130.

Mind posting a pic of your receipt with just the Master Edition line? My store said the $100 version was able to be pre-ordered but not the $130.

yes pic please

He probably did a online order instore. You have to pay everthing up front.
You mean Web to store order? Even that wasn't available for the master edition in store so I dunno how he did it. Maybe he got confused with the special edition.

You mean Web to store order? Even that wasn't available for the master edition in store so I dunno how he did it. Maybe he got confused with the special edition.
141790 is the sku for the $100 bundle. Don't think he confused it, not sure how it was pre-ordered though.

The more time that passes it's actually making me feel they deserve to fail at this point
The arrogance/ignorance with the performance last night, the price of the system and accessories/obvious gouging with this game. It's ridiculous

No pic but I was able to preorder SKU 141792.

I preordered both Master and special and this is what the receipt says.

Available SKU 24
141792 026/00 Switch

Available SKU 23
141790 026/00 Switch

The more time that passes it's actually making me feel they deserve to fail at this point
The arrogance/ignorance with the performance last night, the price of the system and accessories/obvious gouging with this game. It's ridiculous
I can never hold any ill will towards nintendo. Success or flop, they always innovate and push the boundaries of creativity. And nothing comes close to the quality of their first party titles.

Just got back from my store, which is a small one, and they had 27 Switches, 5 Zelda special editions, and 0 Zelda master editions available. I got to the store 10 minutes before they opened and was third in line. The first guy in line had been sitting there since 2am lol

If I had to guess, GS isn't doing in store preorders for the master edition because they fucked up and way oversold last night on their website, and now they have to use the in store allotments to fulfill the online orders

Just got back from my store, which is a small one, and they had 27 Switches, 5 Zelda special editions, and 0 Zelda master editions available. I got to the store 10 minutes before they opened and was third in line. The first guy in line had been sitting there since 2am lol

If I had to guess, GS isn't doing in store preorders for the master edition because they fucked up and way oversold last night on their website, and now they have to use the in store allotments to fulfill the online orders
My store has 9 consoles :p

Their information said the Master edition was online only and it wasn't even showing on the web site for them. In Arkansas

2am lol, over kill much

I'm telling ya, it's Zelda crying in that new trailer. They got us good. My $48 Zelda Wii U pre-order will have now become a $480 Switch, Master Edition, and amiibo pre-order I don't know what happened
you bought into the hype, that's what happened. lol.

bread's done
Back