Zelda Breath of the Wild Special/Master Editions, Amiibo- Discussion

No pic but I was able to preorder SKU 141792.
I preordered both Master and special and this is what the receipt says.
Available SKU 24
141792 026/00 Switch
Available SKU 23
141790 026/00 Switch
I wonder if they'll actually fullfil them. Did you only have to put 25 down? There not supposed to do in store orders for the master edition.

If only the Switch would have had access to the 3DS library it would have been amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Side note, just checked best buy's website and all of the consoles are available for preorder now.  I had been checking all morning and it said none available within 250 miles, but now all of the stores have them.

Guessing they were holding off for people coming into the store first.

My store's(allen, TX) employees were talking with a lady they seemed to know well about "slipping" her a master's edition.

I bet they can do it, they're just sweeping it under the rug so store employees / friends can hoard preorders.

My store's(allen, TX) employees were talking with a lady they seemed to know well about "slipping" her a master's edition.

I bet they can do it, they're just sweeping it under the rug so store employees / friends can hoard preorders.
Bingo, employees now are well aware of the resell value of these things.

Call it an increased pay perk if you will. Smh

Bingo, employees now are well aware of the resell value of these things.

Call it an increased pay perk if you will. Smh
Yeah. The store clerk that was outside mine was all loudly exlaiming how many special editions they had, and when someone mentioned about the Master edition, he hush-hush replied to them and said it was "online only."

Don't let the clerks lie to you before you go. Be assertive.

Is there any downside to ordering  the Special edition from UK amazon even though I live in the USA?

I got a preorder of that in last night. I mean, aside from the wait..

Preorders are still up for it, too.

The more time that passes it's actually making me feel they deserve to fail at this point
The arrogance/ignorance with the performance last night, the price of the system and accessories/obvious gouging with this game. It's ridiculous
Look in your account and see what it says. My receipt shows the generic stuff but the special edition pic shows up in the app
Grrr, I hope Nintendo fails! I'm still going to give them my money.

Is there any downside to ordering the Master edition from UK amazon even though I live in the USA?

I got a preorder of that in last night. I mean, aside from the wait..
It's not the same Master Edition. See the side of the box:
81w4wShsRHL.jpg

Wait you only had to put $5 down? That seems like a not very secure preorder. Especially with Gamestop which made that huge mistake with Fire Emblem Fates SE preorders.
Ugh if the same thing happened with Fire Emblem I guess I'll go back later and put down more.

I think the $25 min limit isn't applied simply bc it hasn't updated the SKU. I'm crossing my fingers for BB anyway so hopefully I won't have to care either way.

It has the sword which is what anyone wants. The pouch in the US one looks silly.
Actually the pouch is what I want. There are no good non-overpriced accessories, and being that the switch is portable, having something to protect it early on is very useful.

Master Sword replica statues you can buy at any gamestop for like..ten bucks.

Looks like Gamestop finally ran OOS of the Master Edition.  It was up for a long time.  I guess people finally starting waking up to the news...

Actually the pouch is what I want. There are no good non-overpriced accessories, and being that the switch is portable, having something to protect it early on is very useful.

Master Sword replica statues you can buy at any gamestop for like..ten bucks.
True, but like with any special edition you can't get that exact one anywhere but the bundle.

I can't believe Nintendo has memed me into $470 dollars worth of preorders just to play the new Zelda.

And I haven't even gotten the pro controller yet.

Would be lying I said I wasn't hyped though!

So if Amazon sold out of the Master edition in 10 minutes, I guess we are refreshing Best Buy every 5 minutes and cross fingers

Pretty much.  I'm glued to this thread as well as BB.  Missed Amazon bc go figure I was sleeping at 3:25 am like a normal person.

Really hope I can snag a Master Edition!

Switch console preorders are back up on Amazon for anyone who needs

I have a current movers promotion on my account so I got 10% ($30 off) =)

Yep, I will probably play the Wii U copy until I get the Switch.  Which will probably be Fall when Mario arrives.  Ugh why Nintendo...

People remember a pushed back date until is game released.

People remember unpolished broken games forever.

You'll be happy that Mario is releasing in the holiday season, just like you'll be happy with how Zelda was delayed when it launches.

People remember a pushed back date until is game released.

People remember unpolished broken games forever.

You'll be happy that Mario is releasing in the holiday season, just like you'll be happy with how Zelda was delayed when it launches.
No one is questioning whether those games will be good. The issue is how few games there are between launch and the end of 2017. It's the Wii U all over again

No one is questioning whether those games will be good. The issue is how few games there are between launch and the end of 2017. It's the Wii U all over again
Oh, I didn't know Nintendo showed their entire 2017 lineup yesterday. Might as well cancel E3 and any Directs they have planned until next year.

Indeed, I understand the dilemma but I'd prefer it over a rushed title that doesn't live up to expectations. Or a huge drought of first party titles.

It is wise to stagger big releases to keep the platform relevant. They can't get all of their big guns right out of the gate.

The issue is and always will be third party releases to bridge those releases. And yup, it is Wii U all over again in that regard..

bread's done
Back