Zelda Breath of the Wild Special/Master Editions, Amiibo- Discussion

Its 10,000 worldwide. Historia was 4,000 but confined to the US. Who knows how many of the 10k are actually being sold in the US. Judging how fast Amazon sold out and most other retailers, im guessing its about the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its 10,000 worldwide. Historia was 4,000 but confined to the US. Who knows how many of the 10k are actually being sold in the US. Judging how fast Amazon sold out and most other retailers, im guessing its about the same.
Other countries also sold it. I remember getting it from some UK place, and coincidentally my card was breached shortly after. But I did receive it. But with un-numbered LE's like this, how can anyone even know for sure how many they are making?

tbh thinking of cancelling my limited Arts book and just getting the regular, Historia is just collecting dust atm

tbh thinking of cancelling my limited Arts book and just getting the regular, Historia is just collecting dust atm
Yeah, I have the regular locked in at 10 bucks, I can't really think of any justification for spending the extra to get this one.

Unless you are a tremendous Zelda fan, I would not recommend the LE at $80. Hyrule Historia was quite difficult to acquire unless you jumped on an early preorder (followed by some madness with Barnes & Noble in-store orders). Up until the last month or two, there were often many copies available on Ebay for around $120-$135. If you are buying to resell, that market is going to be overcrowded for a while. If you are buying for collection purposes, do it up. 

Unless you are a tremendous Zelda fan, I would not recommend the LE at $80. Hyrule Historia was quite difficult to acquire unless you jumped on an early preorder (followed by some madness with Barnes & Noble in-store orders). Up until the last month or two, there were often many copies available on Ebay for around $120-$135. If you are buying to resell, that market is going to be overcrowded for a while. If you are buying for collection purposes, do it up.
I would definitely consider myself a "tremendous Zelda fan", but the only difference between the Regular and Limited Edition is the cover, right? I just don't understand the $40 price hike, I guess.

I would definitely consider myself a "tremendous Zelda fan", but the only difference between the Regular and Limited Edition is the cover, right? I just don't understand the $40 price hike, I guess.
Supposedly all the pages are in Gold on the LE.

probably because people paid it without batting an eye, don't you think?

If I end up not keeping it either I'm giving a friend dibs or it'll end up on craigslist. One of my actual friends wants it... I'm not just going to toss it at some random person on here who I have no clue about.

Anyways, paid almost everything off on Amazon with credit... should be done with it all next week, finally.

If I end up not keeping it either I'm giving a friend dibs or it'll end up on craigslist. One of my actual friends wants it... I'm not just going to toss it at some random person on here who I have no clue about.

Anyways, paid almost everything off on Amazon with credit... should be done with it all next week, finally.
then why even mention it...oh wait

Yeah, why bother helping some random person on here? I doubt any random people on here spent their time and effort providing you with the information which allowed you to secure a pre-order in the first place. ;)

damn I've kinda been out of the loop for a while on Nintendo things. how long did the Master (and I guess Special) editions last online and have there been any restocks that lasted minutes since?

and same goes for Arts & Artifacts LE.  I was somewhat disappointed I forgot to get the regular ver (don't think LE was announced) over BF when Amazon had a promo making it around $25.  trying to get Hyrule Historia LE was a nightmare. I recall going to several BNs trying to place preorders only to receive actual cancellation letters in the mail

damn I've kinda been out of the loop for a while on Nintendo things. how long did the Master (and I guess Special) editions last online and have there been any restocks that lasted minutes since?

and same goes for Arts & Artifacts LE. I was somewhat disappointed I forgot to get the regular ver (don't think LE was announced) over BF when Amazon had a promo making it around $25. trying to get Hyrule Historia LE was a nightmare. I recall going to several BNs trying to place preorders only to receive actual cancellation letters in the mail
Master lasted between 6 minutes to 30 minutes depending on retailers. Special Edition lasted between 3 hours to 18 hours depending on retailers. And no restocks other than cancelled orders.

Master lasted between 6 minutes to 30 minutes depending on retailers. Special Edition lasted between 3 hours to 18 hours depending on retailers. And no restocks other than cancelled orders.

What other retails had the master edition other than BB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heads up regarding Target Special Editions. They're the only retailer on the list provided by Nintendo that will be selling the Special Edition that hasn't taken any preorders yet. Well, it looks like they won't be taking any preorders. Instead they will have a limited quantities in store and online come launch day.

Interesting. Thanks for the intel. Will be entertaining if instead of sticking to the "plan" they put em up at 3 am anyway for the lolz

and same goes for Arts & Artifacts LE. I was somewhat disappointed I forgot to get the regular ver (don't think LE was announced) over BF when Amazon had a promo making it around $25. trying to get Hyrule Historia LE was a nightmare. I recall going to several BNs trying to place preorders only to receive actual cancellation letters in the mail
I remembered Hyrule Historia LE at BN. Kinda surprised i got it in the mail. Still sealed for 1st printed Edition ;)

STAHP I haz no more monies

tumblr_mvho0zzysx1salry6o1_400.gif

This wasn't the gif I wanted but LOL

For anyone else who likes throwing money at anything with the word Zelda on it, this Zelda chess set is apparently finally coming out in a few months:

https://www.amazon.com/Chess-Legend-Zelda-Collectors-Board/dp/B01FO7K4YA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485623029&sr=8-1&keywords=zelda+chess+set
I'm guessing it will go on sale eventually. I'll wait for that.

I played a small demo of Zelda at PAX. You can read my thoughts in the Switch preorder thread (along with pics!)

Don't forget Fry's guys, probably won't say anything until the Sunday before.
Well they didn't make Nintendo's list this time though. They actually were on Nintendo's list for Majoras Mask. I know we already have 2 other retailers not on the list take preorders (BH photo and Nebraska Furniture Mart) but I still believe they just put preorders up prematurely and aren't actually getting any.

6K6TG3Z.jpg
G0m7vbg.jpg
cmRCKTY.jpg

In case you haven't spent enough, this guy is going up for pre-order tonight at 10PM ET

I can't get the site to load but here's the announcement URL

http://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/2017/01/30/nendoroid-link-breath-of-the-wild-ver-dx-edition-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/
I have consistently told myself over and over that I don't need to collect these things. To resist the urge each time a Zelda one is on sale. But I'll be damned if that ain't cute as hell.

/sigh

Just when I thought I was safe (outside of the Piggyback guides, should they ever actually show up for sale!)
And you just know that the DX version is a must because of the horse.

Hopefully Nendoroid Link won't actually release until a while after March.

I thought I liked certain Nendoroids, but then I realized it's a collection of chibi characters which I actually hate.  We're just suckers for figures of the characters we like. 

So how do I go about directly preordering it? Every time I've ordered a Nendoroid it's been from TOM. Will I need a reshipping company?

So how do I go about directly preordering it? Every time I've ordered a Nendoroid it's been from TOM. Will I need a reshipping company?
Not at all, they will directly ship it to US residents as long as it's not a regional exclusive (which it shouldn't be). On top of that, it should be available everywhere.

Also, a lot of people like ordering from TOM but I'd personally recommend anime-island for a US shop or amiami for a Japanese shop unless there is an exclusive TOM part included. Anime-island have some great support staff, but you are required to put at least 10% down at time of pre-order. Amiami doesn't charge until it ships and has excellent packaging.

Totally clueless when it comes to this - do you think both stores you mention will carry it as well?

Not at all, they will directly ship it to US residents as long as it's not a regional exclusive (which it shouldn't be). On top of that, it should be available everywhere.

Also, a lot of people like ordering from TOM but I'd personally recommend anime-island for a US shop or amiami for a Japanese shop unless there is an exclusive TOM part included. Anime-island have some great support staff, but you are required to put at least 10% down at time of pre-order. Amiami doesn't charge until it ships and has excellent packaging.

Totally clueless when it comes to this - do you think both stores you mention will carry it as well?
Yeah. Almost all stores should have this in stock. Even US retailers like gamestop will probably have this in stock, since they sold the last two link nendoroids.

Yeah. Almost all stores should have this in stock. Even US retailers like gamestop will probably have this in stock, since they sold the last two link nendoroids.
For GameStop is it a "eventually they will have it" or will they have it when it launches?

Thanks for answering my questions!

For GameStop is it a "eventually they will have it" or will they have it when it launches?

Thanks for answering my questions!
They might have it a month later than most, and they should probably have both regular and DX versions since they have both versions of the link figma (figma and nendoroids are from the same maker).

Wonder when US stores will open up preorders?

It's for EMS shipping, which isn't a bad deal. EMS takes less than a week in most cases, which is pretty freakin' amazing. If you decide to get it elsewhere you can get registered SAL for about $16ish but it takes 2 to five weeks.

bread's done
Back