Zelda Breath of the Wild Special/Master Editions, Amiibo- Discussion

Sorry, I meant Friday late morning, Jan 13th. For some reason, GS still had pre-orders avail up until close to noon that day. Knowing GS and its reputation, I'm not entirely convince they will fulfilled their part of the arrangement.

It's definitely the ME according the GS app under the "pre order" section.

JAgSlvc.png

However, the taxes looks way off. Detail order on the website shows tax charges of $2.27. I'm from ca and taxes should be around 8%.

For those that were able to pre-order on 1/13/17 at the wee hours of the early morning, does your order look similar. I'm hoping GS will not fuck me over, AGAIN.....

KIZ2ZfR.png
Mine looks similar, except my taxes are 7% and show up as ~$9.

My shipping was $5, how do you get free shipping?

I think it's pretty much all erratic. Some people got free shipping and some didn't. Just don't mess with it and hope it gets fulfilled.

Sucks I missed out on Art and Artifacts :/

but I need to stop spending anyway lol
Did anybody actually get an order of the LE A&A book from Best Buy? I saw it at 4:40 the other day, and it had been up for no more than an hour, but I couldn't complete the purchase past shipping details
damn so it seems I missed out on the LE A&A book at Bestbuy.
The LE book is still available for preorder directly from penguinrandomhouse. But it's msrp and no way to cancel, but free shipping. Not sure if it will be fulfilled.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a console release day. That usual line down the block and around the corner will be literally around the building and end in front of the start of the line. If they even get it that day.

Kinda hoping they'll put it off to another day after console release
I forgot the switch drops that day as well. so I probably won't be waiting on line 6+ hrs just to hope to get a SE/ME. might have to hope a CAG will be willing to trade a ME. have to figure out what rare stuff I have for a fair trade

Found a coupon code that zeroes out the price for the Arts & Artifacts Limited Edition  :whee:

Screen_Shot_2017_02_02_at_1_01_51_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2017_02_02_at_1_02_09_PM.png

But it also zeroes out everything else... oh...

1. They charge an auth? I have like 1k+ tied up don't really want to add to it.
2. Why the unsureness?
It's been up for weeks. Someone else here posted it. And their confirmation system seems very amateurish, sends an all text email like from a 1990s computer and makes it seem like you are sending your order in by carrier pigeon with no changes allowed. If they are the publisher, then I guess they should have them, but seems weird they are the only ones to still have stock. I don't remember seeing an auth from them, but not sure.

Is this true? I always thought you were joking.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
The LE of Hyrule Historia was this way (gold).

From Dark Horse:

Fans who purchase The Legend of Zelda: Art & Artifacts limited edition will experience the thrill of finding and unsheathing the Master Sword! The cover features a 3D embossed sword hilt sculpt with a metallic foil finish. The sword hilt is life size to give the reader the satisfaction of unsheathing the very realistic sword from the acetate sleeve that encases the book. The cover’s background features the Lost Woods (a maze of mystifying forests that has appeared throughout the franchise) in a custom-mixed deep purple ink with a soft-touch lamination and spot-gloss UV, framed with metallic foil. The book’s pages are gilded as well.

I forgot the switch drops that day as well. so I probably won't be waiting on line 6+ hrs just to hope to get a SE/ME. might have to hope a CAG will be willing to trade a ME. have to figure out what rare stuff I have for a fair trade
Yeah, that's exactly why I don't want to go. My friend offered to pay for half of my ME if I save him a good spot tho (I usually save him a spot since he has trouble getting off work but I told him this line would be too crazy). Might take him up on it for some fun and a deal. ;) Not sure yet.
This is a line even I don't want to brave...no matter how rare that thing is/will be.

Yeah, that's exactly why I don't want to go. My friend offered to pay for half of my ME if I save him a good spot tho (I usually save him a spot since he has trouble getting off work but I told him this line would be too crazy). Might take him up on it for some fun and a deal. ;) Not sure yet.
This is a line even I don't want to brave...no matter how rare that thing is/will be.
Where you talking about lining up? Nintendo store?

Has there been any actual information on what the BotW amiibo do?
Nope, still nothing. But I've heard rumors that rather than using NFC technology to provide in-game functionality like other amiibo, they just use magnetic pulse technology to send a signal straight to your brain saying "WE ARE ZELDA. YOU WILL BUY US ANYWAY."

Meat rain was shown for the goblin I thought?
Random meat rained down in a video I saw lol
Another with random weapons/supplies
No, that's the 30th Anniversary series amiibo:

• 8-bit Link will reward you with a random number of barrels. You might find rupees inside too!
  • Ocarina of Time Link will reward you with a random amount of meat.
  • Toon Link will reward you with a random amount of fish.
  • Wind Waker Zelda will reward you with a random selection of plants.

Looks I lied, guys. Here's a new video of Aonuma showing the Guardian functionality:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd0gq5EjDXM

I have such terrible luck. Apparently it's only available for in-store pick-up and no store within a 250 mile radius has any available. Anybody have luck better than mine?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Aaand just as predicted the B&H Video BotW SE "backorder" emails are going out. Do these guys ever fulfill what they sell? I swear this is like the 5th order in 2-3 years that I've had this happen on. Honestly wasn't expecting it to go through but it seems pretty irresponsible as a retailer for them to always be doing this.

Would you guys buy the master edition for 200 $? They are selling it for that price in my country, still really expensive tough.

Totally different game, but I expected Capcom to release a guide for Resident Evil 7 and they didn't. At least to my knowledge. Maybe Nintendo isn't doing them either?
No, they're doing them... they were up on Amazon but were pulled due to spoilers... I'm impatiently waiting for them to go back up; I thought for sure by this weekend since we're a month away from launch.

Totally different game, but I expected Capcom to release a guide for Resident Evil 7 and they didn't. At least to my knowledge. Maybe Nintendo isn't doing them either?
Piggyback is making the Zelda guide. 3 versions unlike prima they normally make 2. I have emailed them and tweeted to try and find out why it's still not up but no reply. It was on Amazon U.K. for a short time but got removed. It had major spoilers listed in the description stuff Nintendo has not shown. I have no clue why it was not put back up. They could have easily just removed the few things that Nintendo didn't want them to show yet. It was only the color hard cover and the paper back though not the deluxe that looks like the prima guides. I hope it goes up on amazon us soon it's crazy I agree they still don't have it put up.

bread's done
Back