Zelda Breath of the Wild Special/Master Editions, Amiibo- Discussion

That sword is bent just like the one from the Master Edition! Love the dedication in keeping the statues as identical as possible.

That sword is bent just like the one from the Master Edition! Love the dedication in keeping the statues as identical as possible.
0iCIobd.jpg

If you turn it to the right angle, it's bending backwards. You can see it in his picture too. I just find it easier to see in the second one. Like the hilt is straight but not the blade.
It looks like they tried to fix it by bending it into place before displaying it.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you turn it to the right angle, it's bending backwards. You can see it in his picture too. I just find it easier to see in the second one. Like the hilt is straight but not the blade.
It looks like they tried to fix it by bending it into place before displaying it.
image.png

Are you sure? I'm just not seeing what you're seeing.

Looks like eBay prices are trending down on the ME.  it's mostly sub $400 now.  I wonder how much lower it go when people start to undercut one another.  

The fact that the SE shows as available for preorder on Bestbuy.com, but isn't available for shipping or in store pickup for ANYONE.

Looks like eBay prices are trending down on the ME. it's mostly sub $400 now. I wonder how much lower it go when people start to undercut one another.
By myopic, short-term standards, then yes.

This effect is not uncommon in the weeks up to a release (especially since eBay started enforcing the 30-day presale limit). The influx of supply will tend to drive prices down. It may continue to decrease a bit between now and March 3, but probably not by a great margin. After all, the cheaper it gets on the aftermarket price, the more buyers will be attracted, with increased likelihood of impulse buys.

A key difference to this item lies in the fact that it is a Zelda product and will have VERY long legs (with regard to interest). Since supply is limited, once a product sells, it's gone. After March 3, a significant number of the ME produced will be opened and used (gasp!), further decreasing the available lifetime supply. Factor in damaged product (yay, Amazon shipping!), and the supply decreases further. The Switch is a new console and BoTW has a great chance of being of interest for some time.

I envision preorder sales bottoming out in the $300-350 range. On release, I think there may be a very short-term dip (product influx), followed by a steep (and long-lasting) increase once it is absolutely clear that retailer inventory is gone. Within say, 2 weeks of launch, I would predict the aftermarket value to hold steady in the $400 range for a sealed, mint copy. Longer term is more of a crapshoot since it tends to be more dependent on console success, critical acclaim, and other factors that are yet unclear.

This cycle isn't really a guessing game - I have found that careful observation over enough releases and an understanding of current market context/impact are usually a pretty good indicator of how things will go. When I started paying careful attention to these types of collectable video game trends ~20 years ago, my reduced experience was evident and left me with minimal ability to forecast with any accuracy. In the last 5 years or so, I've found a comfortable sweet spot that's tended to yield good predictions.

The fact that the SE shows as available for preorder on Bestbuy.com, but isn't available for shipping or in store pickup for ANYONE.
It's been like this for a few days now. Actually Bestbuy does this crap now with most of their sold out preorders. I think it's to combat people from using page monitors effectively.

It's been like this for a few days now. Actually Bestbuy does this crap now with most of their sold out preorders. I think it's to combat people from using page monitors effectively.
This also allows them to put back for sale any cancelled orders immediately. I was able to get a berseria ce that way.

This effect is not uncommon in the weeks up to a release (especially since eBay started enforcing the 30-day presale limit). The influx of supply will tend to drive prices down. It may continue to decrease a bit between now and March 3, but probably not by a great margin. After all, the cheaper it gets on the aftermarket price, the more buyers will be attracted, with increased likelihood of impulse buys.

A key difference to this item lies in the fact that it is a Zelda product and will have VERY long legs (with regard to interest). Since supply is limited, once a product sells, it's gone. After March 3, a significant number of the ME produced will be opened and used (gasp!), further decreasing the available lifetime supply. Factor in damaged product (yay, Amazon shipping!), and the supply decreases further. The Switch is a new console and BoTW has a great chance of being of interest for some time.

I envision preorder sales bottoming out in the $300-350 range. On release, I think there may be a very short-term dip (product influx), followed by a steep (and long-lasting) increase once it is absolutely clear that retailer inventory is gone. Within say, 2 weeks of launch, I would predict the aftermarket value to hold steady in the $400 range for a sealed, mint copy. Longer term is more of a crapshoot since it tends to be more dependent on console success, critical acclaim, and other factors that are yet unclear.

This cycle isn't really a guessing game - I have found that careful observation over enough releases and an understanding of current market context/impact are usually a pretty good indicator of how things will go. When I started paying careful attention to these types of collectable video game trends ~20 years ago, my reduced experience was evident and left me with minimal ability to forecast with any accuracy. In the last 5 years or so, I've found a comfortable sweet spot that's tended to yield good predictions.
skyward-swords-fortune-teller-sparrot-from-zelda-wiki.png

"Gaze into my eyes... I will tell you the estimated secondary market price of your Zelda Master Edition..."

Agreed. It's simple supply and demand. 450+ were already sold. 200 are available. Over the next week, there should be an increase in listings but of course that'll be offset by the buyers that become aware of the Switch and Zelda game over the next month. The Superbowl ad should help. The only other spike in listings will be upon release date and there won't even be that huge of an influx because there are plenty of people that preordered it for their own collection. These CE's won't be reprinted so the price will rebound back up. The master edition wasn't easy to preorder so if you sell it for less than $300 you screwed yourself because you could have sold it for more. Aggressive undercutting makes sense in certain situations but I wouldn't do it with this. I've sold things at 300% markup before simply because I've been the only seller of the item. At times, the market can give the seller all the power. Whenever I decide to sell something, I try to maximize my profit margin. I'm still debating about keeping my Switch and Zelda preorders. I was excited about it before but my enthusiasm has waned a bit.

Meanwhile it is still available in my country :/, it is too expensive for the casual games I guess, a lot of people were arguing over Facebook that it is too expensive and not worth it, if only shipping to the US was cheaper and eBay fees were not that high I would buy some and sell them for 200.

If you really want a master's edition and missed out, it's actually approaching the best time to buy one.  When they hit < $300. 

Did the the master edition ever get restocked anywhere today or the last few days?

I've haven't been keeping watch.

Did the the master edition ever get restocked anywhere today or the last few days?
I've haven't been keeping watch.
There's a better chance the Patriots will win this game than the Master Edition going back in stock online

EDIT: maaaaaybe Best Buy Amazon or Gamestop will be kind enough to offer a restock

Not wurf it. I'm interested to see if the Master Edition is really as limited as they say tho

Wish there were print numbers on them.

Since this and the Switch thread have already been derailed multiple times, can we just start talking Zelda game speculation? My hype is still going strong, and I'm ready to take this thread off the rails.

Idk, what's always secretly frustrated me about Legend of Zelda games is that there's always the same protagonists Link and Zelda in what seem to be separate, alternate realities. There's little discernible timeline between games. Just when you think you may've got a portion of the master story worked out, this next game Breath of the Wild has all that thrown out the window.

The world there seems a stark contrast to any in the other games before it. I'm not sure how the story'll fit in. Of course, I'll need to play it through a few dozen times before I could really weigh in on that.

Since this and the Switch thread have already been derailed multiple times, can we just start talking Zelda game speculation? My hype is still going strong, and I'm ready to take this thread off the rails.
Anyone taking work off to play this game at launch?

Idk, what's always secretly frustrated me about Legend of Zelda games is that there's always the same protagonists Link and Zelda in what seem to be separate, alternate realities. There's little discernible timeline between games. Just when you think you may've got a portion of the master story worked out, this next game Breath of the Wild has all that thrown out the window.

The world there seems a stark contrast to any in the other games before it. I'm not sure how the story'll fit in. Of course, I'll need to play it through a few dozen times before I could really weigh in on that.
My current crackpot theory, with the way the game seems to start, is that this link is not actually a descendant of the hero like every other game. Instead, he is an avatar of sorts in some made up matrix-like world that rains meat and allows wolves to pop up out of nowhere. : P

Anyone taking work off to play this game at launch?
YUP. Well, technically. I'm off work for the whole month for health stuff, set my return as the weekend after it launches. I'm getting at least 30 hours deep.

This is KIND of spoiler-y, but something I found very interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-GjWof7Kx4

Basically some very rad and devoted nerds fans translated all of the Hylian text from the Special Edition map from the Nintendo Treehouse stream. Yeah, commitment. It explains the backstory of the game. If you don't feel like watching, here's the translation:

"Hylians pass stories of a destined time long past where multiple races lived and worked together in harmony. The Sheikah Tribe's blue aura breathed through the land and this mutual prosperity continued until a cataclysmic disaster stuck. The Hero and the Princess attempted to seal the terror which became known as the Calamity Ganon. Divine beasts awoke from four directions and deployed a mechanical army which made the King and his people fearful. They fractured Ganon's power and sealed him but the Sheikah were banished from the land ever since"

So Link wakes up 100 years after that. Which sounds a whole lot like the Imprisoning War/defeated timeline to me. I cracked open the ol Hyrule Hystoria and it all seems to match up. Would make sense that after making this whole 3rd timeline split thing, the next game would be the game that explains it. What still doesn't make sense is this mural they stuck in Twilight Princess HD:

e33b43dd7372ddf3aae9b7d9db361a696f194b73_hq.jpg

Each picture shows the three different races we've seen so far in BotW. Very curious to see how this plays into the story, as they obviously snuck it in there for a reason.

Nothing to do with that. It's in stock for store pickup somewhere. Can't completely disable the button or those copies won't be available to be preordered. It's probably just a few stores in rural ish areas.

I hate reading speculation about anything plot wise because someone is bound to call it and it completely ruins the experience for me. I'll watch movie trailers until I decide if I want to see it or not and then I ignore anything else.

TV shows I have to completely ignore a relevant subreddit until the season is done because they always basically figure out what will happen.

I know Zelda follows a typical plot but I'll still continue to scroll past the speculation until I play it.

We are sorry to inform you that we will not be able to fulfil you order for The Legend of Zelda: Art & Artifacts Limited Edition (#########) due to limited stock availability.

We encourage you to look for this title at other retailers that carry books.

You will not be charged for this unfilled order.

Thank you,

Penguin Random House Consumer Services

bread's done
Back