Zelda Breath of the Wild Special/Master Editions, Amiibo- Discussion

Yeah, why would anyone not want to spend more money on a message board titled Cheap Ass Gamer. That's a thinker right there.

be3663efef4ecaba05ce9d337c0b56a1.png
Yep this is CAG and we will all find a way to get it for less. Am I right? ;)

It only takes a few times getting burned by a Season Pass to feel absolute contempt whenever a Season Pass is mentioned for a game.

Rarely has there been a SP that has met my expectations on value -- the only exception being CD Projekt Red with The Witcher 3.  The idea itself is just crap -- pay money ahead of time on things you have no clue about.

Of course defenders of the practice will say you don't need to buy it until it's all released, but that is what the publishers are banking on; that you will cave in.  Just like how Microsoft is giving early access to games in the "Deluxe" editions (Gear 4 and now the recent Halo Wars 2).  

It's doubly shitty when you can't purchase the specific content of the SP that you want, basically locking it away.  Season Passes are often padded with cosmetics and other crap not many people would normally purchase.  

It's just sad to see a beloved franchise like Zelda go this route.  Just a small bit of hope that it will redeem itself like CD Projekt has with TW3.  With the paid online, season passes, overpriced accessories (perhaps higher than expected MSRP of the Switch), it seems Nintendo is scrambling for every dollar possible after the Wii U debacle.  Problem is that their game line-up is still pretty pathetic I don't know if they learned any lessons.

Last edited by a moderator:
I genuinely hope Zelda fails to be a system seller for the Switch so that Nintendo can stop forcing poorly conceived consoles down our throats. I want to play Zelda, but I want to play it on a console of my choice. Reggie is a master of spin, but he's full of shit if he really thinks that people buy Nintendo consoles to experience games the way only Nintendo can do.

That's like saying I'd love to try skydiving someday and then jumping out of a grounded plane.

I genuinely hope Zelda fails to be a system seller for the Switch so that Nintendo can stop forcing poorly conceived consoles down our throats. I want to play Zelda, but I want to play it on a console of my choice. Reggie is a master of spin, but he's full of shit if he really thinks that people buy Nintendo consoles to experience games the way only Nintendo can do.

That's like saying I'd love to try skydiving someday and then jumping out of a grounded plane.
I have been to intro skydiving simulations where they do have you jump out of grounded planes.

So maybe Reggie is onto something.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I buy Nintendo consoles to experience games the way only Nintendo can do.

...because of DLC?
Definitely part of it.

It was more the multiple disappointing Switch news announcements that first started souring the hype tbh.

I was so looking forward to playing portable BotW. But the CAG in me is screaming at the Ninty fangirl next her to STFU its a waste of money right now.

Not sure who I'll listen to in the end lol

Anyone not on the bandwagon at this point needs to just cancel all the Switch stuff and be done with it.

I'm sick of all the bitching. Put up or shut up. Plus all of you doing these essays over a console need to check your priorities.

"Anyone who dares disagree with me doesn't deserve their preorders and should just GTFO."

- Waltercartman

"Anyone who dares disagree with me doesn't deserve their preorders and should just GTFO."
- Waltercartman
Come on go through this and the console thread. The bitching and moaning is lame. Like it awesome. Hate it awesome.

Both threads need to die both are sold out and if they go in stock it will be drowned in a sea of nothingness.

Come on go through this and the console thread. The bitching and moaning is lame. Like it awesome. Hate it awesome.
Both threads need to die both are sold out and if they go in stock it will be drowned in a sea of nothingness.
Couldn't agree more, nothing but complaining and theories. So excited for this console and game, wish we could all discuss how excited we are.

Back in the N64 days Nintendo was always tight lipped prior to a Zelda release. Info was always limited. Fast forward to today and everyone is complaining that they are being this way. I say good! Less spoilers, can't wait to have my socks blown off.

Just to add to my excitement, I got my game informer yesterday and I love their article, can't wait

CONFIRMED- Target will have the Special Edition of BOTW in stock on launch day at 8am

see 2-26 to 3-4 ad at thecouponingcouple.com.

Well, if it's going for enough, my master edition is hitting craigslist on day 1, if not it's getting opened and the sword-statue thing tossed in a box in the closet.

So when are we thinking Amazon will put up the cancelled Special Editions? (And like 5 extra Master Editions)

Do they usually put these kinds of thing up for sale the day prior, or day of? Or is there no consistency and they just put it up whenever they want?

572789d5246406.54263691.jpg

Anyone been able to change pre-order pick-up location for the Special Edition of Breath of the Wild? I have the system and pro controller at one store that is doing a midnight launch and the game at a store that isn't. Online says I can't, curious if anyone has had success either calling or going in-store.

Anyone been able to change pre-order pick-up location for the Special Edition of Breath of the Wild? I have the system and pro controller at one store that is doing a midnight launch and the game at a store that isn't. Online says I can't, curious if anyone has had success either calling or going in-store.
I tried, no success.

seemed like answer was too quick without explanation not to be corporate directive

My order status still shows a total of $65.xx

I'll update when my card gets charged

--->processing charge currently shows $65.xx

We'll see if that changes before release date.

Just want to vent about my Amazon pre-order for my master edition got cancelled and downgraded to qty 1 from 2. I am super angry as $#$@# right now. They didn't even tell me can't even think straight now.

Just want to vent about my Amazon pre-order for my master edition got cancelled and downgraded to qty 1 from 2. I am super angry as $#$@# right now. They didn't even tell me can't even think straight now.
Amazon doesn't like people buying multiple quantity's? How shocking

I just checked my order of three, and, yep, it got changed to one. No notification either. Shady asses.

bread's done
Back