ZUNE and your X360 - ZUNE HD Now in 64GB - Latest Update Now Supports AVI/XviD

I use my zune at both work and home, and it seems like the software update has finally made this a LOT easier to use. I don't know if it didn't work very well or if they added this, but copying whole artists' to the collection, from the device is very fast and smooth.

I just hope that syncing podcasts was made easier.

[quote name='asianxcore']For some reason the Zune software is unable to find a particular album on my computer?

Any reason for this? It's in the same folder as the rest of my music I've added to my Zune.[/quote]

im getting this problem also hmmmm

The social networking features in the software update are pretty...but not completely useful for me since I'm the only person I know (not including CAGs) that has a Zune.

I setup an "Added in the Last Month" playlist (because I forget quickly) and a "One Hour of EBM" playlist (for the gym) this morning and it worked like a breeze.

I also edited the artist and genre info on a few newly-ripped CDs and discovered the new WMP11-ish tag editor, which is lovely and about goddamn time.

I do love being able to sort by genre, as well.

For those of you who can't sign in:

If you haven't already, you're going to have to clear your cache, go to the website, and sign in there. They're making everyone sign a new ToS, and for some reason you can't accept it through the Zune's software. It wouldn't let me sign in on software until I accepted it on the website.

[quote name='xeno']im getting this problem also hmmmm[/QUOTE]

I mostly had it because the Zune software was labeling certain albums wrong. I went ahead in Windows Media Player and edited all the track tags for said albums, then after I couldn't get the Zune software to find them.

Found out since I deleted them, I could go into settings in the Zune software, click RESTORE and it would restore the items I had deleted for one reason or another. Oddly enough it restored all the albums I deleted/edited but updated all the editing I had done to them. Go figure.

Also randomly I found out my old Belkin FM tuner I had used for my previous MP3 player (Dell DJ) works with my Zune. Almost went out and bought one specifically for the Zune :)

The Zune looks nice and all but I'm happy with my DS LIte with the M3 DS Simply card and 2G of space. Hey it plays games! haha I can put any music on there and watch anything since you have to convert it to play on the DS. Neice.

[quote name='Spybreak8']The Zune looks nice and all but I'm happy with my DS LIte with the M3 DS Simply card and 2G of space. Hey it plays games! haha I can put any music on there and watch anything since you have to convert it to play on the DS. Neice.[/quote]

:whistle2:s

[quote name='Blackout542']I have a question about my video podcasts. For some reason, I have like 72 episodes of X-Play reviews on my Zune 80, but maybe 12 are original. The rest are copies. I'll have like over ten of the same file on my zune. How do I fix this? I have this problem for the rest of my video podcasts as well.[/quote]

This happened to me as well after I downloaded the updates and synched my device. I had tons of extra copies on all of my podcasts. I resynched tonight and it fixed itself.

[quote name='joe2187']:whistle2:s[/quote]

They make a big deal that the Zune will play games down the line. Big deal, grab a DS Lite, which is meant to play games, buy the DS M3 Simply/R4 card, a cheap 2Gig flash card (mines mircosd came with usb card reader) and you have an mp3/video player. Just click and drag mp3s over, transfer any video format as you use a converting software (obv I'm getting my videos on the net or from my dvd collection) that makes the videos compatible for the DS. Of course I chose this option since I already had the DS.:roll:

I'm about to get a Zune simply because Apple seems to have put the iPod Touch on the back shelf. I don't want a fucking iPhone, Apple! The Touch needs to hit 64GB, trim that bezel down (and maybe put that single button on an indent on the bottom of the bezel itself...like a dent right in the bezel. Basically making it look like the much nicer community made prerelease mock-ups.

Yeah, the Zune is looking pretty tempting right about now. If WWDC comes around and the iPod Touch is MIA again, I might have to pick one up. One of the ugly brown ones. Brown FTW!

[quote name='Spybreak8']They make a big deal that the Zune will play games down the line. [/QUOTE]

Who's making a big deal out of it? It's simply bonus material for your existing device. I didn't buy an Ipod because of the games, I'm certainly not going to do the same with a Zune.

[quote name='Spybreak8']They make a big deal that the Zune will play games down the line. Big deal, grab a DS Lite, blah blah blah...[/quote]

Why the fuck are you even here?

[quote name='Spybreak8']Whatever I'm just saying there is a cheaper alternative if you have a DS, shesh. It is called Cheap Ass Gamer.com is it not.[/quote]

Well, you have a valid point

however your opinion is not needed. This is the Zune Thread, not MP3 player alternatives.

Thanks for playing, have a good night:)

Well I thought it was fixed and it's not. When the Zune is connected to my PC and I look in the software at what it says is on there, it only says 1 copy but when I look in the actual Zune when it's not connected it shows 2? WTF!?

[quote name='joe2187']Well, you have a valid point

however your opinion is not needed. This is the Zune Thread, not MP3 player alternatives.

Thanks for playing, have a good night:)[/quote]

Are you kidding me, forums are all about opinions dude. Take it with a grain of salt but maybe my post was for somebody that has a DS and didn't know they could use it as a mp3/video player. Shit, some people think when you say mp3 player its automatically an iPOD. Don't be a douche.:roll:

[quote name='Spybreak8']Are you kidding me, forums are all about opinions dude. Take it with a grain of salt but maybe my post was for somebody that has a DS and didn't know they could use it as a mp3/video player. Shit, some people think when you say mp3 player its automatically an iPOD. Don't be a douche.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Understood, but I think the friendly way to say is - start a new thread and post a link to it, or stay on topic.

I hope some day that Microsoft will get it right with this software as its been flunky since it came out. I just recently had to format my Zune because it was claiming to have less space available than it should have. I haven't updated my Zune software though with this new update.

I'll check this thread for software alternatives later.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Are you kidding me, forums are all about opinions dude. Take it with a grain of salt but maybe my post was for somebody that has a DS and didn't know they could use it as a mp3/video player. Shit, some people think when you say mp3 player its automatically an iPOD. Don't be a douche.:roll:[/QUOTE]

You've told everyone. Now stop trolling up the thread.

[quote name='asianxcore']I mostly had it because the Zune software was labeling certain albums wrong. I went ahead in Windows Media Player and edited all the track tags for said albums, then after I couldn't get the Zune software to find them.

Found out since I deleted them, I could go into settings in the Zune software, click RESTORE and it would restore the items I had deleted for one reason or another. Oddly enough it restored all the albums I deleted/edited but updated all the editing I had done to them. Go figure.

[/quote]

8-[ It worked!!! thank you!

[quote name='xeno']8-[ It worked!!! thank you![/QUOTE]

No prob :)

The things you figure out when you are completely frustrated with the Zune software.

I finally found out how to fix the Zune labeling all my tracks/titles incorrectly. MP3Tag has been a godsend to use in conjunction with my Zune.

[quote name='Cryptosporidium-399']Anybody know if the charging cables for the original Zune are compatible with second gen flash based Zunes? Thanks![/quote]

yes, they use the same dock connector

Does anyone need one of the Zune wireless remotes? I bought an extra at Circuit City when it was on clearance for about $7.00. I'll sell it to a CAG for $10 shipped. Please PM me if you're interested.

[quote name='bmachine']Does anyone need one of the Zune wireless remotes? I bought an extra at Circuit City when it was on clearance for about $7.00. I'll sell it to a CAG for $10 shipped. Please PM me if you're interested.[/quote]

i'm assuming its the first gen? if second, i'm interested.

The Zune 2.5 software won't launch for me. There's a message immediately telling me the program has to close.

I had to download it from MS's webiste because updating through the program doesn't work. I've tried installing twice. Any idea what's going wrong?

I had the first episode of John Adams on my zune. I've had it on there for the past few weeks. Today I put the other six on it and it deleted the first off of there.

My question is, does it automatically delete videos after a certain amount of time? I couldn't find anything in the settings to change, so can someone help me out?

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I'm not sure. It usually only does something like that with podcasts. How did you get John Adams, if I may ask?[/QUOTE]

isohunt

And it deleted my PTI podcast too, which was fine since I had already listened to it. I just thought it was weird that it would throw away my video.

[quote name='munch']My question is, does it automatically delete videos after a certain amount of time? I couldn't find anything in the settings to change, so can someone help me out?[/quote]

It deletes video and audio podcasts after watching/listening to them. My software is set to only keep the 3 most recent episodes of anything so it nixes the oldest "used" episode every time a new one is available.

I've never had it delete anything out of my Videos folder, though...and I've had stuff in there since Day 1.

I got my new Zune replacement today .:D

It appears to be brand new with no sign of any scratches even the D-pad/bottons are immaculate .:applause:

If any of you are experiencing continual problems with your Zune , I suggest sending it in .;)

question for you guys. What do you use to convert your videos to the proper format for zune. I have a couple avi files I'd like to try out.

My replacement Zune is working great .

My 1st Zune must have been dropped before I bought it [CC warehouse] .

Also the software seems to run a little better now for me . [1700xp 1GBram XPpro]

[quote name='bill123']question for you guys. What do you use to convert your videos to the proper format for zune. I have a couple avi files I'd like to try out.[/quote]

I use a program called magic video converter

it's free and converts to .wmx and .m4v

both useable video formats for the zune

wtf....

After the update, have people had trouble syncing songs with unknown albums? I have a bunch of singles that I've downloaded that I don't have all the id3 tags for. Since the update, the Zune software is forcing me to find the album names in order to sync the song under the correct artist. For example, I have 15 or so 2Pac songs across 3 different known CDs with 1 unknown CD. The songs on the unknown album no longer sync under 2Pac. I have to find them under the "Unknown Album" category

It's become a sort of game I and the Zune software play nowadays. I plug my Zune in to add some songs, and the next day when I use it at work I see that many random album arts have been replaced. Looks like I better tell it never to update album art/metadata...was nice to have things work by themselves, but who am I to trust technology ;)

Sorry if someone has answered a question like this before, but its been a long time since I've been on CAG.

Ever since I dl'ed the last update for zune. My Zune has stopped working. I tell it to play and the screen stays the same and there's no sound whatsoever. I have one of the original zunes. I'm pretty sure its all due to the update though.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']wtf....

After the update, have people had trouble syncing songs with unknown albums? I have a bunch of singles that I've downloaded that I don't have all the id3 tags for. Since the update, the Zune software is forcing me to find the album names in order to sync the song under the correct artist. For example, I have 15 or so 2Pac songs across 3 different known CDs with 1 unknown CD. The songs on the unknown album no longer sync under 2Pac. I have to find them under the "Unknown Album" category[/quote]

[quote name='humidore']It's become a sort of game I and the Zune software play nowadays. I plug my Zune in to add some songs, and the next day when I use it at work I see that many random album arts have been replaced. Looks like I better tell it never to update album art/metadata...was nice to have things work by themselves, but who am I to trust technology ;)[/quote]

Yeah didn't see those before I posted looks like I'm not the only one with update problems.

[quote name='thamaster24']Yeah didn't see those before I posted looks like I'm not the only one with update problems.[/QUOTE]

Did you try the total reset yet ? It will erase everything on your Zune [not a big deal it it's unusable]

Hold back , left and center simultaniously for 5-10 seconds .

[quote name='Richlough']Did you try the total reset yet ? It will erase everything on your Zune [not a big deal it it's unusable]

Hold back , left and center simultaniously for 5-10 seconds .
[/quote]

Thanks, I'll try it and see. Yeah it definetly won't hurt since its not working right now

Edit: Ok the reset worked great and I loaded all of my music back onto the zune. But now its doing the exact same thing and its also not being recognized by my computer, I'm going to try it again

It should work. My Zune used to do that for the 2.3 update. I formatted it and reloaded everything, and now it's fine, even through 2.5.

It still screws up metadata, though. But I know why that happens.

ok, so i started my zune software this morning and i thsi weird error:
error.jpg

can anyone help? and before you ask i already tried deleting and reinstalling the software...

I finally got my Zune back after a month of waiting from when I sent it in. Fed Ex apparently lost my first replacement zune and its been a hassle after that. At least I got my zune back now though and it came with a little brown pouch that is snug fit for the zune which is pretty nice

Hey, all...the 1600 point XBL cards are on sale for $14.99 @ Target this Sunday...you can use the same cards to buy music from the Zune Marketplace.

There's also a $10 Off Any Xbox 360 Game coupon floating around that some have been able to use on point cards.

[quote name='bmachine']Hey, all...the 1600 point XBL cards are on sale for $14.99 @ Target this Sunday...you can use the same cards to buy music from the Zune Marketplace.

There's also a $10 Off Any Xbox 360 Game coupon floating around that some have been able to use on point cards.[/quote]

That's a good deal. This would take some of the sting out of the Penny Arcade game costing 1600 points! I was a lucky CAG who got 10x1600 points in the Circuit City BOGO deal, and those are gone now. Maybe pick some more up this week... :)

This would also be a good deal to PM to Wal-Mart if your Target runs out of stock.

I've downloaded and updated my zune software to latest one.

Arrgh, it won't organize by JUST album art (like the older version where you can quickly browse by album). Any way to pull this off in the second version???

bread's done
Back