Rock Band Collection (360/PS3) $170 (MSRP) shipped, PS2 version $150 at Amazon

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
If you don't want to schlep this stuff home, Amazon is offering up free shipping.
EB/GS are charging an extra $10 shipping charge.

Release date is November 20th. It is also conceivable that this stuff could be very hard to find during the holiday season.

$170
:ps3:Rock Band Collection (PS3)

:360:Rock Band Collection (Xbox 360)

$160 $150
:ps2:Rock Band Collection (PS2)
(12/11/07 release)

Guitar Compatibility: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3164005
Guitar Hero II's X-Plorer
Rock Band? Yes
Guitar Hero II? Yes
Guitar Hero III? Yes
Guitar Hero III's Les Paul
Rock Band? Yes
Guitar Hero II? Yes
Guitar Hero III? Yes
Rock Band's Stratocaster
Rock Band? Yes
Guitar Hero II? Unknown, but unlikely
Guitar Hero III? No

All things considered, it's pretty fair. You get the game, a guitar, the drums, and a mic. And with free shipping and no tax, that's quite a steal. I may just bite!

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']So this is official pricing?[/quote]

Doesn't matter. You should get it anyways, just in case the price is actually more, amazon will only charge you 200. If its less, then you will be charged the lesser amount.

Wired 360 guitar. Stay away. And of course the 360 wireless guitar sells at a premium. I wish I had a PS3 for once...

I have been wondering if this was going to come with the drums, 2 guitars and the mic or if you could just buy each one on its own. If you get the drums, 2 guitars and mic for 200 bucks thats a really good deal. Guitar Hero is what about 80 for the game and one guitar and the guitar on its own is about 40 or 60 from what I just saw on amazon.com.

But like I said really good deal if its the drums, 2 guitars or even one and the mic on its own. The free shipping just makes it even better.

I would just like to add that GS/EB has a street date delivery guarantee. I was going to say you get the item for free however the changed it. Now it reads as though it is only the shipping. I was going to say GS/EB could be a better deal if you were willing to bet they would not get it to you the day it comes out, however now that they are saying it is only the shipping I don't know.

I do have to agree with CheapyD that this will be hard to find this holiday. I would be shocked if one could walk in to best buy or some place and see a stack of them like guitar hero you can now.

I'm wondering if either of these versions will have anything "exclusive" I may just get the PS3 version so that my bro and I can rock on it.

lol I was about to say this isn't a deal, but it's cheapy!

I'm torn on PS3 or 360--what's everyone going to get? I'm leaning towards Achievements and XBL (as well as the fact that none of my buddies or co-workers owns a PS3), but the lack of wireless controllers makes me really want the PS3 version instead. Can we post a poll or something somewhere of who's getting what version for future cag hook ups?

[quote name='Ed_']I'm wondering if either of these versions will have anything "exclusive" I may just get the PS3 version so that my bro and I can rock on it.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if its only for the 360 but I remember hearing that they will offer album downloads so you can play new things. I could be wrong and chances are I am but I think the first one is from the Who and comes out with in a few months after Rock Band does.

out of my price range, I don't have too many friends that are into guitar hero in the first place so trying to get a band together that isn't online would be very difficult. I'll stick to guitar hero for the time being and maybe buy Rock band for more tracks. Can you use any guitar ie. the one that came with the 360 version of guitar hero 2 or does rock band require the rock band guitar?

In for the PS3, for wireless and a theoretically more reliable system. Hope I don't regret it.

I doubt they'll be THAT hard to find over the holidays (although Guitar Hero was TOUGH when it first came out since no one expected it to be so popular) simply due to the price, but I could be wrong. They know (assume) the game will be successful and will make tons-- just like GHII, where all of the BBs around me made little forts out of the piles of nearly 100+ GHII packs upon release.

I ordered mine as soon as I saw it available-- it's pricy but I'm really excited about it. If worst comes to worst you can cancel Amazon orders pretty easily if something truly better comes along. But free shipping and no tax really helps.

I have no clue where I am going to put all of the 'instruments'.. ;)

can't hurt to be in for 360 for now. guess this when i'll get my second guitar hero guitar. we'll see if i have the money come november.

edit: will this guitar work with guitar hero?

[quote name='menikmati']Ordered one just for the hell of it.

I'm going to play the drums and strap the microphone to my head, multi-tasking ftw.[/QUOTE]

oneManBandAxl.jpg

I assume they don't charge until the game ships, correct? I don't have $200.00 at the moment but I will when the game comes out.

I went in for one; unsure of how I feel about using the microphone peripheral - not good I would imagine (due to lack of singing voice)

Not bad. This gives me hope for the drum set up at less than $100. hopefully the "feel" is right-- I hate not having my drum set in my apartment :)

I'm hoping this deal is going to be avaliable at Toys'R'Us as well, since then I can get an associate discount on this. Eitherway though I already have it preordered at Gamestop just incase.

I'm deffiently going to get this , but I need to wait and see final details also I was hoping to get it lower then 200.00 i'll wait a little if I have to. I think 150.00 is more my price. or 80.00 just for game and drums.

I'm calling BS on the "wired guitar". Everything I've read about this game has mentioned wireless. It's been confirmed that GHIII will be wireless so why would EA/Harmonix shoot themselves in the foot with that one? I'll wait on Cheapy's confirmation to be positive, but I seriously can't see it being wired.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I'm calling BS on the "wired guitar". Everything I've read about this game has mentioned wireless. It's been confirmed that GHIII will be wireless so why would EA/Harmonix shoot themselves in the foot with that one? I'll wait on Cheapy's confirmation to be positive, but I seriously can't see it being wired.[/quote]

Not sure if any of you all consider this "confirmation" but tonight on IGN they posted this.

"The standalone game disc is listed for both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 as $59.99. The drums are going for $80 and the microphone for $30. Strangely, the 360 version of the wireless guitar is listed as $80, while the PS3 guitar is $60."

Maybe this $200 bundle lists wired guitar simply to differentiate it from a potential $220 bundle with a wireless guitar. Supposedly the stand alones will have that difference in price between wireless and wired guitar, so maybe this is just one version of the bundle?

Nothing like speculating on things at 1 am. Good times.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']Maybe this $200 bundle lists wired guitar simply to differentiate it from a potential $220 bundle with a wireless guitar. Supposedly the stand alones will have that difference in price between wireless and wired guitar, so maybe this is just one version of the bundle?

Nothing like speculating on things at 1 am. Good times.[/quote]

Having a $200 wired bundle and a $220 wireless bundle makes less sense than having a $500 and $600 PS3. Once you're spending $200...is another $20 all that much? I mean, who's going to say "Yes! I saved 20 bucks! Flippin sweet!"?

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']Nothing like speculating on things at 1 am. Good times.[/quote]

Spectacular point! lol. Maybe this game will let us communicate with aliens! That would be awesome! In for 5 so I can have a badass ET orchestra!!! Top that bitches!

sweet, exactly the stuff I was looking for. The Question for me is which version do I get? ><
I'm worried a bit about the PS3's wireless Desyncing issues and that would suck if that carried over to the rock band instruments. However the online is free for the ps3 version (not that it matters since I'll prob still have live for other games). The 360 will probably have a bigger community of players though...................

I really wish they limited this damn thing to one console or at least offered some more differentiators..,..

I wonder which version will be better (ignoring the potential lack of 360 wireless)? So far games released on both consoles have been better on the 360 for the most part.

I can't pay that kind of price. But, I really am interested in the game.

Hopefully, YourFree360Games picks this up (yeah right!).

Maybe they'd break up the set, to get it on their site...

[quote name='Collectordragon']I wonder which version will be better (ignoring the potential lack of 360 wireless)? So far games released on both consoles have been better on the 360 for the most part.[/QUOTE]

well to be fair, that's only been because those have been shoddy port overs. And plus Rockband isn't really going to be a graphical powerhouse, so it really all comes down to luck. I wonder if the blu-ray capacity is gonna do anything for the ps3 version.

Really I just wish they would release some details on differences between the two versions. I got this same problem with GTA IV and it's really been pissing me off since I want to pre-order that as well......

Ahhh I bit on this offer. Thanks Cheapy! And yes, you are right that this may be hard to find for the holiday, second to the Wii.

[quote name='Apossum']Not bad. This gives me hope for the drum set up at less than $100. hopefully the "feel" is right-- I hate not having my drum set in my apartment :)[/QUOTE]

The drums themselves will be $79.99, and the guitar alone is $59.99. Didn't see anything on the mic though.

[quote name='Zoglog']well to be fair, that's only been because those have been shoddy port overs. And plus Rockband isn't really going to be a graphical powerhouse, so it really all comes down to luck. I wonder if the blu-ray capacity is gonna do anything for the ps3 version.

Really I just wish they would release some details on differences between the two versions. I got this same problem with GTA IV and it's really been pissing me off since I want to pre-order that as well......[/QUOTE]

Also out of all the games that have come out on the PS3 and 360, the 360 has had downloadable content when the PS3 has not. Other then that I really don't see any thing that would be different. As for the Blue-Ray I could be wrong but hasn't their only been a few games that have been on blue-ray or took advantage of it.

As for what GTA IV to pre-order, go with the 360. They have a deal with Rock Star games so they can get exclusive downloads. So like most games that are on both the PS3 and the 360 you get more with the 360.

[quote name='SmellsLikeRandyMossGuy']This looks like a big waste of money unless you have friends that actually play together in a band.[/QUOTE]
If you have friends that play together in a band than I would guess this game would be a waste of time when they could be playing real instruments. This game is too pricey. If it's your thing than more power to you. I'll stick with guitar hero.

I'm thinking this is because MS patented their wireless connection technology so anyone who wants to make a wireless controller for the Xbox 360 has to pay them extra licensing fees. Sony didn't do that, so it makes sense that it's cheaper to do wireless on the PS3.

Having said that, it's hard to imagine there will be much difference between the two, except maybe in online play.

[quote name='imacgod']Wired 360 guitar. Stay away. And of course the 360 wireless guitar sells at a premium. I wish I had a PS3 for once...[/quote]

I seriously doubt that this is the final, official bundle price. I also doubt that the 360 bundle will include a wired guitar. Everyone just calm down.

Yes, I would doubt the whole wireless over wired thing too.

I'm always on the Rock Band and Guitar Hero forums. And the guys at Harmonix are keeping their lips sealed on whether or not its wired or wireless. Like somebody already said, GHIII is wireless, why not Rock Band?

So, I'm betting that its wireless, just a bit more.

The only thing thats worrying me about Guitars is, that I might be owning 6 after 2007 ends. Yeesh.

"I'm always on the Rock Band and Guitar Hero forums. And the guys at Harmonix are keeping their lips sealed on whether or not its wired or wireless."

That's a pretty crappy thing to keep secret.

Sorry if I have missed this somewhere, but are the Guitar Hero and Rock Band guitars compatible? (on any of the platforms? PS2, PS3, 360?)

bread's done
Back