$5/$10/$15/$20 Off Future Gaming Purchases w/Select Pre-orders at Amazon: Bond Added!

yingfo

CAGiversary!
[img-r=1]208[/img-r]Here's an update, which includes a $15 Quantum of Solace (PS3/360) offer. Promotional codes will be e-mailed within 10 business days after the product release date. Check product page for each offer's ending date.

$5
iconamazon.gif
Shawn White Snowboarding (DS/PSP/PC)
:ds:Chrono Trigger

$10
iconamazon.gif
Mirror's Edge (360/PS3/PC)
iconamazon.gif
Prince of Persia (360/PS3)
iconamazon.gif
Sonic Unleashed (Wii/360/PS3/PS2)
iconamazon.gif
Shaun White Snowboarding (360/PS3/Wii/PS2)
iconamazon.gif
Tom Clancy's End War (360/PS3/DS/PSP)
:ps3:Valkyria Chronicles
:wii:Animal Crossing City Folk

$15
iconamazon.gif
James Bond 007: Quantum of Solace (PS3/360)

$20
:wii:Wii Music

---------
Earlier posts
[img-r=1]208[/img-r]Promotional codes will be e-mailed within 10 business days after the product release date. Check product page for each offer ending date.

$5
iconamazon.gif
Shawn White Snowboarding(DS/PSP/PC)
:ds:Chrono Trigger

$10
iconamazon.gif
Fallout 3 (PS3/360) Collector's edition (PS3/360)
iconamazon.gif
Mirror's Edge (360/PS3/PC)
iconamazon.gif
Far Cry 2 (360/PS3)
iconamazon.gif
Dead Space (360/PS3)
iconamazon.gif
Tomb Raider Underworld (360/PS3/PC)
iconamazon.gif
Prince of Persia (360/PS3)
iconamazon.gif
Sonic Unleashed (Wii/360/PS3/PS2)
iconamazon.gif
Shawn White Snowboarding (360/PS3/PS2/DS)
iconamazon.gif
Tom Clancy's End War (360/PS3/DS/PSP)
:360:Fable II
:ps3:Valkyria Chronicles
:wii:Animal Crossing City Folk

$15
iconamazon.gif
James Bond 007: Quantum of Solace (PS3/360)

$20
:wii:Wii Music

-------------------------

Amazon has a pretty good deal if you purchase Wii Music before October 31st you can get a coupon for $20 a future game purchase.

Amazon.com: Wii Music

I will definitely wait for reviews to see if it is worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice deal. Chances are I'll pick it up, but for now I'll wait for some more reviews to roll in. Thanks OP.

Still think I'm gonna wait on general concensus before thinking of picking this up. 1UP gave it a good review, and a big time hater of Wii Music on NeoGAF changed his mind, but IGN recently had a preview that was ruthlessly insulting it. Reactions still seem to be somewhat mixed, though a few of the hands-on impressions give the idea that there's more to this game than we think.

Thanks yingfo. And thanks to dallow for the video link...totally sold me on it!

I'll put the $20 credit towards my WoW:WotLK CE if it comes in time.

I'll probably bite on this. I could use that $20 to get myself the Gears of War 2 LE from Amazon instead of the regular edition. Thanks OP. My kids will love it even if the reviewers don't.

I did play it at E3 and it was no Guitar Hero or Rock Band, but I don't think that's what they're trying to do with it anyway. Plus, one of the instruments you can play is a set of turntables, so how could you go wrong with that?

I just got a reply from my support ticket to gaminglagoon that they will forward me the $20 code when they receive it. I'm so happy! I love those guys! Free game + free $20 = me love gaminglagoon.

[quote name='dallow']1up gave it an A-.

And see this video:

[cut]

Game actually looks good.[/quote]

Damn you. I still haven't decided but it wasn't a dilemma until I watched that video.

That video certainly seems to run counter to what IGN is complaining about. I think this could be a very cool game to play with my family. Hm...

Very tempted to use this to pick it up... I really am not that interested in it... but that video looks pretty sweet... very torn.

You have to wonder how they blew it so badly at the original presentation of this game. This video makes what WiiMusic is all about much clearer and makes it appear much more fun. For one thing, in the original presentation it looked like you had almost no influence over what was happening. It seemed like you were just waving your arms however you wanted and the music played. Here he demonstrated exactly how you do influence the sound.

Wow, that video really did tip a number of people over the fence for this game.

This is a great deal, I'll make my order later and use the 20 off on some PS3 game to lessen the hurt.

How does this work?

Can I apply it to another preorder that comes out later? or would i need to use it on a brand new order?

Damn good deals. Amazon is sucking up so much of my money.

And assuming these are like gift card codes, you can apply them to order that has not yet shipped.

I love amazon. I preorderd LBP, Resistance 2 and now Valkyria Chronicles. Now I just want a deal on Dead space.

Eh, the video just made me think of this game as decent and not a stinking shitbox.

Well, 1UP's Jennifer Tsao is more of the casual gamer while Matt Casamassina handles most of the Nintendo stuff and can be more of a hardcore gamer. I don't know, more like 2 reviewers with different tastes.

That was really an impressive video. No surprise he's working for Nintendo. OTOH, whoever was responsible for that E3 debacle should have been fired on the spot.

Not saying I'm gonna buy it, but my love of typical rhythm games is wearing thing now (I'm actually trying to sell RB2). This video makes it pretty obvious that the differences between the focus of these two games is VAST. One is hardcore, follow the posted notes or you lose. OTOH, WiiMusic is about improv - something ALL rhythm games can NEVER capture (no, a brief 5s "fill-in" drum window does not count).

Maybe it's the real drummer inside of me, but trying to fit an individuals creativity into set note pattern? It doesn't work for me anymore. Not preaching for Wii Music either, but it's something to keep in mind. That said, I doubt that, with the current tech, Wii Music can replicate accurate drum representation (even with 2 Wiimotes + WiiFit Board). This isn't really a concern though, since Wii Music is not limited to the typical 3 instrument makeup of RB (Guitar/Bass/Drums), so the focus isn't on those 3 instruments anyway.

These are all good deals.
But, what's with not offering the same deals for the PC versions of Prince of Persia, Tomb Raider and Mirror's Edge? I'm going to be buying all those (if they end up being good) for my PC since they are 10 bucks cheaper than on a console. So, I guess I'll just be doing the Wii Music one.

Thanks for posting this.

[quote name='pswiifanboy']i know i am going to hate myself but wii music with a $20 gift code? In for one.

DAMN YOU NINTENDO... and Amazon[/quote]

same here.. i was debating on if i should get it or not... but this deal made me go for it

Re: Chrono Trigger, this deal is a bit backhanded.

It was $36.99 up until as recently as 2 days ago. Now they brought the price back to $39.99 w/$5 off a future order = $2 extra savings, but not immediate.

If you've already ordered CT for $36.99, you should call customer service and have them add the $5 bonus offer to your order. At the very least call them and tell them you're "verifying that they automatically added it to your order" :)

Amazon C/S = 1-800-201-7575

A good deal, but I'm betting CC will have it w/free $10 GC if they're still in business by the release date...

These are labeled different than the "gift-cards" on the other pre-orders. i didn't even know you could add those to your original purchase. Can anyone confirm you can do the same with these? So basically I could get Valkryia Chronicles for $49.99?

These are labeled as $$ off and as promotional code. Promo code is applicable when placing the order and is limited to 1 per order (lightning deal is also based on promo code so they may not stack).

The older promos are labeled as gift certificates which are stackable and applicable to any order.

Mirror's Edge comes with a $10 off. Now is the GS' exclusive preorder bag worth $10?! To take $10 off code or take the bag???

[quote name='Legendbyname']These are labeled different than the "gift-cards" on the other pre-orders. i didn't even know you could add those to your original purchase. Can anyone confirm you can do the same with these? So basically I could get Valkryia Chronicles for $49.99?[/QUOTE]

Most of these that I saw had offer dates in the fine print. If you ordered within the offer dates in the fine print then you'll get it. If you didn't then you won't.

[quote name='menikmati']Eh, the video just made me think of this game as decent and not a stinking shitbox.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. I mean, it's basically a freestyle musical collaboration tool, which is pretty cool. Yet, I'm completely uninterested because I question its depth. From what I've read there aren't many songs, and several of the songs are hokey stuff from the public domain. I also look at it and think, "Once I've tried all the instruments, made a few songs, and sent people a few videos, what do I do with it?"

[quote name='xbox_mole']Most of these that I saw had offer dates in the fine print. If you ordered within the offer dates in the fine print then you'll get it. If you didn't then you won't.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up i wouldnt have read the fine print.

bread's done
Back