* * * * * 34 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 8/27: PAX Indie Sale, DJ Hero/2/GH Sale, Spelunky $11.99, Pinballistik is Free!, and Machinarium Vita Free for PS+!

PSN PlayStation Network PlayStation Store PS3 PlayStation 3 Vita PSP PlayStation Plus PS+

#2521 FriskyTanuki   Believeland CAGiversary!   62824 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:08 PM

http://www.psnstores...oading-sort-of/
https://store.sonyen.../download/queue

The auto-download stuff from the web PS Store seems to be live now:

A new feature has been added to the Sony Entertainment Network Webstore, the ability to queue up content to be downloaded the next time you turn a system on. You can access your queue from the following link. We last heard of this when firmware 4.40 was released.

As mentioned before the auto-downloading will only work when you turn the system on, it will not wake your PS3 up from a cold start. It did auto-download my queue when I manually turned the system on. But if you happen to have a Vita or PSP lying around you could Remote Play and turn your system on to start your downloads if you are away from home. And of course if you have PlayStation Plus, it will process this queue when it does its nightly sync.

For Vita, as long as you are connected to the internet it will process your queue. From testing on my device, it took about 10min for the game to get pushed out and downloaded.

There are some interesting things you can do from your download list now as well. You can add games to which ever queue you want. So if it is a Cross buy title, you can choose to have it add to both PS3 and Vita queues, or just one of them.

While this isn’t a perfect solution for push downloads, it does do the trick. You can learn more about Remote Downloading to your PlayStation devices here.

The 12th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Contest Now Live - Enter Before 3/17! 

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#2522 realit3y   Doubl3 Kill CAGiversary!   913 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:49 PM

http://www.psnstores...oading-sort-of/
https://store.sonyen.../download/queue

The auto-download stuff from the web PS Store seems to be live now:

I found it by accident, and told psnstores, seems like all those maintenance was for that.

@FriskyTanuki:
What is the customer support line, I need to contact them I want to purchase 2 games and can't, @morganharo said he would help me when he comes back to CS but that is my best best right now customer support
:error:
Spoiler

#2523 Johnnybeachboy   Need a CHEAP PS VITA CAGiversary!   1482 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Johnnybeachboy

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:51 AM

Bought all the resident evil 6 and ORC dlc!

#2524 Johnnybeachboy   Need a CHEAP PS VITA CAGiversary!   1482 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Johnnybeachboy

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:34 AM

I'm sorry to inform you that your purchasing of a movie tie-in game on release and mention of it here, we've had to revoke your CAG privileges. However, don't feel too glum because you can redeem yourself by providing the community with 1 glitch game deal or 1 pre-release ad to Best Buy or Target. Thanks.

Cheapy D should revoke his card. He gets movie tie in games before they're released!

#2525 guardian_owl   Keeper of the CAG Shrine CAGiversary!   10965 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

guardian_owl

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:51 AM

Nice, now I never have to use Ps3 version of the store ever again.
edit:
doh, you can't add it to your queue from the store page, you have to use the download list, lame.

Guardian_owl.png

#2526 FriskyTanuki   Believeland CAGiversary!   62824 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:29 AM

The new PS Blogcast is out now, so here are next week's releases:

Games
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - $14.99
Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov's Revenge - $9.99 - Free for PS+ - Cross Buy

PS2 Classics
Katamari Damacy - $9.99

PSP Games
TAC Heroes

Vita Games
Soul Sacrifice

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

#2527 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:33 AM

The new PS Blogcast is out now, so here are next week's releases:

Games
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - $14.99

PS2 Classics
Katamari Damacy - $9.99

PSP Games
TAC Heroes

Vita Games
Soul Sacrifice

Never played a Katamari game before, so I might check that out. Not sure what to think of Zombie Tycoon, but it sounds interesting, and it's free so I have to check it out;)

Really though I'm just interested in what's going to be on sale next week. Really hope it's an awesome all out sale to end out the month:bouncy:

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#2528 TheMaximumC   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   100 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

TheMaximumC

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:45 AM

I've been meaning to pick up RE 1-3, so this was definitely a good time to do it.

Also for the PS+ I absolutely recommend Vanquish, it's a very underrated game.

#2529 tylerh1701   Read the thread, fool! CAGiversary!   30085 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:10 AM

Not really the place to ask this, but anyone know if it's ok to play Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time before I play Sly 2 or Sly 3? Is there any sort of intertwining story?

tylerh1701.png XboxisBadMkay.png
Twitch: TylerH1701   YouTube: Inverted Access

#2530 FriskyTanuki   Believeland CAGiversary!   62824 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:27 AM

It's a sequel to the previous games and the story is fairly important for the set-up of Thieves in Time, though they do a good job of recapping the story up to the start of the game so you don't need to play the previous games to know what's going on.

#2531 tylerh1701   Read the thread, fool! CAGiversary!   30085 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:36 AM

^Thanks Frisky!

tylerh1701.png XboxisBadMkay.png
Twitch: TylerH1701   YouTube: Inverted Access

#2532 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:41 AM

Not really the place to ask this, but anyone know if it's ok to play Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time before I play Sly 2 or Sly 3? Is there any sort of intertwining story?

Everything you need to know is was summed up in the demo, but IMO I expect you'd get more out of it having played the other games (the stories have always been my favorite parts of the games). I haven't played anymore than that of TIT (nobody say anything) , but I don't think its required to have played previous games. Kinda like Uncharted, where you can love one, and playing the rest will only cause you to Lo e it more:)

#2533 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   4609 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:41 AM

I don't know if anyone else will care about this, but the PlayStation Store seems to be working on tablets now.

#2534 TransistorRadio   can't buy me love CAGiversary!   1434 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

TransistorRadio

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:55 AM

I don't know if anyone else will care about this, but the PlayStation Store seems to be working on tablets now.

It started working on ios in the last few weeks for me. Auto downloads from my iphone are awesome. Just wish I could wake the ps3 to download games before I got home from work.

#2535 LibertyGeis   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   34 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

LibertyGeis

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:31 AM

Really though I'm just interested in what's going to be on sale next week. Really hope it's an awesome all out sale to end out the month:bouncy:

Hmm, that'd be nice... but I just hope people can keep their expectations reasonable, given all the high hopes I've seen for an "ensemble sale" featuring most of the games whose characters appear in PSAS:BR. Not looking forward to a firestorm of furious people should the sale only cover the one game and its DLC.

"No sale on Bioshock Infinite? What the hell Sony! Big daddies are in Battle Royale!"
"But Sackboy was in Rag Doll Kung Fu and ModNation Racers before he was in Battle Royale, how come RDKF and MNR aren't on sale?"
"Why didn't we get a bundle with Sly Trilogy, Ratchet & Clank Trilogy, Jak & Daxter Trilogy, Devil May Cry Trilogy, Uncharted Trilogy, Dead Space Trilogy, Metal Gear Collection, Infamous Collection and God of War Saga? What a wasted opportunity, Sony! God."

Not so much expecting that sort of thing here... but I feel for Morgan Haro and I think I'll steer clear of the PSBlog's comment section for a while after the sale is announced.

#2536 Pounce!   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   262 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:39 AM

Resident Evil Question Help:

1)Should I expect a RE6Gold or just buy all the DLC on sale?

2) I have RE5Gold on PS+, but I can't buy it on sale currently. Only option is redownload "free". I want to own permanently.

3)off topic, is it correct that we can't redownload movies? I notice my MK and Batman Yr1 aren't redownloadable.

#2537 LibertyGeis   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   34 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

LibertyGeis

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:02 AM

1)Should I expect a RE6Gold or just buy all the DLC on sale?

Wouldn't surprise me, but it could be a while, and given the frigid reception RE6 seems to have gotten, we might not see one at all. I went ahead and bought the DLC on sale.

2) I have RE5Gold on PS+, but I can't buy it on sale currently. Only option is redownload "free". I want to own permanently.

Unfortunately this is an oversight Sony doesn't seem to have any interest in fixing. If you own it "free" via PS+, you can't purchase it until your subscription lapses. If it's a PS+ discount you're looking to take advantage of, you're out of luck.

Exceptions are rare: bundles seem to work (e.g. I bought the game + DLC bundles of Costume Quest and the first M:TG after getting the base games free on PS+, and they've stopped bumping forward in my DL list when I renew my subscription), and download codes obtained from retailers seem the same. Won't help much with the RE5Gold sale though.

3)off topic, is it correct that we can't redownload movies? I notice my MK and Batman Yr1 aren't redownloadable.

I believe you're correct -- sorry. Sony support says "Videos purchased on the video store cannot be re-downloaded once it has been downloaded to either a PS3 or PSP system."

Edited by LibertyGeis, 26 April 2013 - 08:23 AM.

#2538 ECisMe   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   153 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

Browser-based store can now queue up downloads!! Sorry if I'm late on this, but it's definitely good news to me :)

#2539 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2783 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

Bioshock Infinite is currently $10 off at retailers on sale, next week TRU will have Injustice Comic Book fighters for $20 off and it just released. I get you're trying to be cute but wanting a sale on something is never silly since as you see new games drop all the time.

I think his point is that people will be expecting some gigantic sale that spans dozens of games (along with deep price cuts, of course) when the sale will most likely be a more limited selection. The large number of IP's associated with PSABR can allow peoples' imaginations to run wild when thinking of sales possibilities for any games related to it.

Edited by WNYX585AM, 26 April 2013 - 03:55 PM.

#2540 FriskyTanuki   Believeland CAGiversary!   62824 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

Got an email about the Resident Evil: Revelations demo coming out soon before the game launches:

Horror fans will soon be able to get a taste of Resident Evil Revelations with the upcoming release of a downloadable demo for Xbox LIVE, PSN, Nintendo eShop and Steam. Exact release dates to be confirmed shortly.

Acting on orders from the BSAA director, the demo will see players infiltrating the cruise ship ‘Queen Zenobia’ as Jill Valentine and attempt to rescue missing fellow BSAA members Chris Redfield and Jessica Sherawat whose last known location pinpointed them onboard.

#2541 FiendCameron   xGrindxMoshx CAGiversary!   430 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

FiendCameron

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

Katamari Damacy is coming to PS2 classic next month. My favorite PS2 game. Ever.

#2542 Zonic505   People read these? CAGiversary!   1835 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

Wow, kind of cool to see the original Katamari come to PSN. Part of me wants to get it for nostalgia, but I remember playing a ton of it when I got my Vita with Touch My Katamari, then getting the PS3 and 360 games not long after. Plus it feels weird not having the jump button in the older games.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2543 PimpLimp   Pimpin Aint Easy CAGiversary!   1518 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

PimpLimp

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

A new episodic adventure series called Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery is coming to Vita.

#2544 FriskyTanuki   Believeland CAGiversary!   62824 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:43 PM

https://store.sonyen...is-weekend-only

Tomb Raider Flash Sale for $29.99 until Monday:

The Tomb Raider Digital Edition bundle includes: -

- The full Tomb Raider game.
- 3-pack bundle of the weapons Agent 47 uses in Hitman: Absolution™.
- Shanty Town multiplayer map, which is a ramshackle area that features steep climbs, multiple ziplines for quick escapes, and deadly traps to set for your enemies.
- Tomb Raider Outfit Pack (A 3-pack bundle of outfits for Lara — the Hunter, Aviatrix and Guerilla outfits.)
- Quantum Conundrum Full Game

Posted this in its own thread for the special sale.

#2545 Zimm108   That reminds me of prom night CAGiversary!   10977 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:46 PM

Just put up on Twitter

@PlayStation: Tomb Raider Flash Sale happening right now: http://t.co/Gzz5kRZekz 50% off on PSN until Monday — get on it!

Edit:
Aaaaaaaaaaand ninja'd again. Frisky is frisky.

Edited by QuarterRoy00, 26 April 2013 - 06:58 PM.

#2546 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2783 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

That's a pretty impressive price.

Quantum Conundrum included? Is this the first person puzzle game that has nothing to do with Tomb Raider or is this something different?

#2547 PimpLimp   Pimpin Aint Easy CAGiversary!   1518 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

PimpLimp

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

So it's the full game + DLC AND you get Quantum Conundrum bundled with it? Pretty odd pairing, but that seems like a really good deal.

#2548 FriskyTanuki   Believeland CAGiversary!   62824 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

That's a pretty impressive price.

Quantum Conundrum included? Is this the first person puzzle game that has nothing to do with Tomb Raider or is this something different?

It's also a Square Enix game, but that's all that ties them together. This is at least a chance for PS+ people to outright purchase QC.

#2549 mpaullin   Fission Mailed CAGiversary!   4404 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

Browser-based store can now queue up downloads!! Sorry if I'm late on this, but it's definitely good news to me :)

I'm glad they finally added this, but it definitely has room for improvement. I'm guessing if you buy something on there right now, you could add it to your download queue easy peasy. But if you want to add something you bought awhile ago, you actually have to go find it in the awful, awful download list. And that is incredibly buggy in its current state (I tried to navigate too quickly and got stuck on an infinite hour glass, had to close the tab). I'm no programmer, but it doesn't seem like it should be hard to add something to your download queue from the actual product page a la Xbox.

#2550 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   826 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

Thanks for posting, but crap- I was waiting on the disc version of TR to drop to sub-$20, but this sale is very tempting, especially with a $20 PSN gift card I just got for my birthday this week, effectively making this digital bundle $10 for me...

Someone talk me out of this! I can wait a bit longer to get this on disc, and it'll be near the $20 price point sometime soon... right? :-s

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSN, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Store, PS3, PlayStation 3, Vita, PSP, PlayStation Plus, PS+