* * * * - 5 votes

Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Ryse - $39.99 at Best Buy ($31.99 w/ Gamer Unlocked)

#31 bobphone   So what if I'm a gay man? CAGiversary!   784 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

bobphone

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:59 AM

Can't complain too much after the $25 GC deal but a PM would've been keen.

#32 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36694 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:58 AM

Can anyone answer this. I bought Day One DR3 and Forza 5 for $47.99 on 11/22 (still in the Elite Plus pm window). Will they give me a price adjustment on these? The SKUs are different so I'm not sure the would, has anyone tried? I'm start to regret getting D1 editions if I can't, that's an extra $32 I should/could get back.

It's unlikely since they're different items technically, as silly as it is.

#33 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9696 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:00 AM

It was also more readily available. I sold my Wii U to a CAG on here, I just didn't care for the thing. I find the X1 and PS4 to both be infinitely better.

The X1 has been readily available since... all of December. That had no effect on sales this past month.

VGChartz is about the worst source to quote for anything sales related. They tend to guess everything. Should be waiting for official NPD numbers before saying anything.

Probably right but where there is smoke there is fire. As much crap as the Wii U gets the M&L bundles have been selling really well lately.

#34 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3557 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:02 AM

No dice on a price match, they immediately knew I had received the $25 gc with the 2 games ... damn, saving $20 would have been nicer than a giftcard ...

I don't see how they can deny it.  They were offering one promotion last week, but honoring a price match should be another thing.  

I'll probably give it a go later today to see if I can get a match.  

#35 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10032 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:07 AM

Think if your elite you have a week to price match. I'm on the fence on a few of these I bought last week with the $40 in giftcard deal. I'm betting they can't price match since the giftcard was considered a package deal.

Non-holiday should be 14 days for a BB post price match, same as the normal return window unless it changed recently.

Says 15 days on their policy but close enough.

I bought DR3, Forza, and Ryse back in November actually.  I was referring to the Holiday exception period where they do post purchase PM's all throughout Nov/Dec.   I just did a PM to last week's sales price but I wasn't sure what the end date of the holiday PM period exactly was.

#36 kickrockz713   Say it again CAGiversary!   10674 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

kickrockz713

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:09 AM

It's unlikely since they're different items technically, as silly as it is.

Sucks. I'll try my luck in the morning.

I wish I could see how much the D1 versions are but they aren't on website by searching. I can find it by google but it shows out of stock with no price.

#37 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   4940 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:11 AM

I don't see how they can deny it.  They were offering one promotion last week, but honoring a price match should be another thing.  

I'll probably give it a go later today to see if I can get a match.  

Well, it's basically stacking promos ... this is Best Buy we're talking about, if there's a way to deny it, they'll find it ...

#38 htz  

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:12 AM

I bought DR3, Forza, and Ryse back in November actually.  I was referring to the Holiday exception period where they do post purchase PM's all throughout Nov/Dec.   I just did a PM to last week's sales price but I wasn't sure what the end date of the holiday PM period exactly was.

The special holiday price match ended Christmas Eve.

#39 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10032 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:24 AM

The special holiday price match ended Christmas Eve.

Thanks.  I figured the promotion ended.  I can't find the Holiday PM page on Best Buy anymore.

#40 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9923 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:29 AM

Can anyone answer this. I bought Day One DR3 and Forza 5 for $47.99 on 11/22 (still in the Elite Plus pm window). Will they give me a price adjustment on these? The SKUs are different so I'm not sure the would, has anyone tried? I'm start to regret getting D1 editions if I can't, that's an extra $32 I should/could get back.

You can push the issue but they are different SKU's, Bestbuy is a stickler for that. Unless anybody can confirm the Day one editions ring up the same price it's going to be hard to get a price match at Best Buy.

Here are the SKU's for anybody interested when the store opens tomorrow, they show up OOS online. Good luck to you all and thanks for posting OP!

Dead Rising 3 - Day One Edition: 9441094

Forza 5 - Day One Edition: 9008359

Ryse: Son of Rome - Day One Edition: 9810586

#41 GeorgeCostanza   Hangin Tough CAGiversary!   1487 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

GeorgeCostanza

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:34 AM

You can push the issue but they are different SKU's, Bestbuy is a stickler for that. Unless anybody can confirm the Day one editions ring up the same price it's going to be hard to get a price match at Best Buy.

Here are the SKU's for anybody interested when the store opens tomorrow, they show up OOS online. Good luck to you all and thanks for posting OP!

Thanks for the skus.  I'll call my store and check stock on Ryse.  I'm in for a day one edition other wise ill just do without it.

#42 kickrockz713   Say it again CAGiversary!   10674 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

kickrockz713

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:37 AM

That's what I'm hoping, that they're the same price. I'll try in the morning, I'll be happy if they're the same price as reg.

#43 Oregon   CAG Collector CAGiversary!   2195 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:39 AM

Um ya good prices but after getting portables this holiday season my time is so consumed. DR3 and a Ryse can wait till 20$ if not lower.

#44 murphyspub   drunk CAGiversary!   226 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

murphyspub

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:48 AM

also, best buy's  extended holiday return period until Jan 15th means if you bought these release week, you can buy them again now and return them with your Nov receipt and get the difference.

#45 NolbertoS   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1069 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:53 AM

Everybody pricemstch at amazon

#46 AzureFlame   ...Oops CAG in Training   429 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

AzureFlame

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:59 AM

No dice on a price match, they immediately knew I had received the $25 gc with the 2 games ... damn, saving $20 would have been nicer than a giftcard ...

You can get the price match even if you got that promo. Tell them that you know they're BS'ing you and that you are allowed to get a price match.

#47 thegame85   Spicy Curry #30 CAGiversary!   1438 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:08 AM

I really want to get Forza but my better judgment is saying to wait until the sale price is $30

#48 Hoffer   I've got a 10" CAG CAGiversary!   1077 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:13 AM

Just put in an order for Forza 5.  I hated on that game due to the micro transactions.  It sounds like they fixed a lot of that??

I already bought, played and sold the other two games.

#49 GetMeOuttaHERE   Banned Banned   641 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

GetMeOuttaHERE

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:26 AM

Just scored a brand new xbox one day one edition on ebay for $430! Gonna buy some games now

awesome. lol at the people holding on to and buying up all the systems thinking they are going to make tons of cash flipping these.

#50 Pliskin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3300 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:30 AM

Really awesome prices if you have GCU. I know for a fact BB will be getting all my business when it comes to games this year. Hopefully people dont ruin a good thing.

Its because the PS4 is kicking the XBO arse.

The Xbone needs to remove Kinnect and lower the price if it wants a fighting chance. I also heard that the dashboard functionality is terrible. I will pick one up if they sort that out and get rid of Kinnect.

You can get the price match even if you got that promo. Tell them that you know they're BS'ing you and that you are allowed to get a price match.

No, you're not suppose to be able to get PM if you got in on the GC deal. So stop spreading misinformation, moron.

#51 nextisland  

nextisland

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:15 PM

Highly recommend Ryse and Dead Rising 3, they're both really underrated. Forza 5 got boring fast but I might not be into racers as the reasoning.

Anyone know if I'll be able to, or have any trouble price adjusting Ryse? I bought it for $60($48 after GCU) a couple days before Xmas.

Forza 5 is a driving sim not a racing game. need for speed is a racing game

#52 JaylisJayP   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4528 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

Highly recommend Ryse and Dead Rising 3, they're both really underrated. Forza 5 got boring fast but I might not be into racers as the reasoning.

Anyone know if I'll be able to, or have any trouble price adjusting Ryse? I bought it for $60($48 after GCU) a couple days before Xmas.

I found Forza 5 incredibly underwhelming.  Nothing about it says next-gen to me. 

Might bite on Ryse even though I don't have unlocked....but I hear single player is really short?  If it's less than 7 or 8 hours I can just wait another few months and maybe get it for $25 when I'm actually ready to play it.

#53 coolz481   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1626 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:46 PM

All 3 are definitely worth it.  A bit jealous of these price drops, but I got my copies through Amazon when they were running $20 off Xbox Live Gold with each purchase, so I guess I didn't come out too badly.

#54 Jello1996   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   424 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Jello1996

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:15 PM

Damn.  Last gen, it seemed like I had to wait a good year before getting any deals on launch titles so I just jumped on these at near full price at launch but I guess it was worth it to be able to play them over the holidays.  Had a lot of fun with DR3 and Ryse though.

#55 knight19   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1202 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:26 PM

Forza 5 is a beautiful game.  Play Forza 4 and Horizons first, then play 5.  You will notice a huge graphical difference.

Turn 10 did adjust the economy so you earn credits faster to buy the cars you want - you're not going to be able to buy really expensive cars right away, but they're more obtainable than they were at launch.

#56 snacks28217   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   433 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

snacks28217

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:41 PM

Holiday Return and Exchange Policy
Need to return a gift? Our extended holiday return period makes it easier.

Purchases made between November 3, 2013, and December 31, 2013, can be returned through January 15, 2014.

EXTENDED HOLIDAY RETURNS: Gift purchases made between November 3, 2013 and December 31, 2013 qualify for our Holiday Return and Exchange policy. Products (goods) purchased as gifts may be returned through January 15, 2014. Terms of our standard policy (including, but not limited to "non-returnable items" and "photo identification required") apply. Carrier contracts for mobile phones and other third party service providers (e.g., DirecTV contracts) do not qualify for the holiday gift policy. Geek Squad® Protection/Trade-In Plus plans returned after 30 days from date of purchase will be refunded at a pro-rated amount. No restocking fees.

#57 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6564 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:46 PM

Wow...

#58 gepet0   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1288 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:01 PM

I still get my gamers mag am I still a member?  Is there a special code to use?  Like when you go to the gamers website

#59 cubeenigma   Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer CAGiversary!   1037 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:03 PM

I still get my gamers mag am I still a member? Is there a special code to use? Like when you go to the gamers website

Hust go to the my best but website and sign in. in top right corner, it should say something about being an unlocked member through a certain date

like this

http://imgur.com/ASU0OWw

#60 Mike360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   178 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:07 PM

Has anyone that purchased these with the gift card offers been able to get a price match?