Watch Dogs (PS3/PS4) official thread

watch dogs ps3 ps4 ubisoft watchdogs

#31 funkmonker  

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:02 PM

If you're serious, I'll give you $50 paypal for it

pm sent

#32 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14030 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:16 PM

Well, wasn't expecting much and that's what I got lol.  I think the best thing I like about Watch Dogs is the semi-future vibe from the music.  I keep thinking the soundtrack is by Vangelis or something heh.  Actually no, not even as good as that but it does put me in the mood to watch something cyberpunk.  I knew this game wasn't going to be anything special but at least I'm intrigued by the story so far.

My review would be this: did you like Assassin's Creed 1?  If not, this is that game.  The second one will probably be miles better, but this one is just misguided and repetitive.  Soon as the game was delayed I knew it was bad.

#33 TimboSliceGB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5985 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

TimboSliceGB

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:04 AM

Well, wasn't expecting much and that's what I got lol.  I think the best thing I like about Watch Dogs is the semi-future vibe from the music.  I keep thinking the soundtrack is by Vangelis or something heh.  Actually no, not even as good as that but it does put me in the mood to watch something cyberpunk.  I knew this game wasn't going to be anything special but at least I'm intrigued by the story so far.

My review would be this: did you like Assassin's Creed 1?  If not, this is that game.  The second one will probably be miles better, but this one is just misguided and repetitive.  Soon as the game was delayed I knew it was bad.

what open world game is not repetitive? is this game great no but it's good and is worth a play.

#34 neonon19s   Gotta Catch 'em All CAGiversary!   1116 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

neonon19s

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:26 AM

I'm annoyed by how slow it's loading on my ps4. I put the disk in and started install. Left for an hour to go jog and the game Is still taking forever to boot up at the new game screen. Sad face

#35 Scorch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   37487 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:04 AM

That's weird. I put the disc in for the first time, installed it, and was starting a new game within four or five minutes.

#36 AdvOfJet   Brotherhood of Darkness CAGiversary!   1624 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:29 AM

That's weird. I put the disc in for the first time, installed it, and was starting a new game within four or five minutes.

Same here. This should be one of the games that tells you its ready to play before the install is actually finished as well. Once you start the game there is a status meter on the main page that tells you the percentage of the game that is installed. 

I was playing the intro and into the first mission within just a few minutes of putting in the disc. 

Don't understand the amount of rage some people are having over this game. Sure, its not genre defining or anything but its still very solid. I wonder if some of the people complaining have ever played an open world style game before. There are always little tedious side things to do that are optional. You could always play through just the main story line though if you don't like those types of missions. 

#37 TimboSliceGB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5985 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

TimboSliceGB

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:32 AM

can only play part of first mission before install is fully done.

#38 kilik64   Carefree, Wherever We May Be CAGiversary!   7593 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:14 AM

can only play part of first mission before install is fully done.

How would you know? You finally bought a ps4?

#39 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8692 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:30 AM

Well started the game. I love it.

It's not GTA, nor does it try to be. It has it's own style, gameplay and honestly it's fun as hell causing accidents by hacking traffic lights. Sure the story is very hammy, but I can look past that. I also love the stealth to this game because it's nicely done and you get bullet time which adds to the fun.

#40 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:46 AM

Well started the game. I love it.

It's not GTA, nor does it try to be. It has it's own style, gameplay and honestly it's fun as hell causing accidents by hacking traffic lights. Sure the story is very hammy, but I can look past that. I also love the stealth to this game because it's nicely done and you get bullet time which adds to the fun.

the game is not bad, it just copy elements from other games, and incorporate it into the game, aside from the hacking aspect. it just the way ubi$oft hyped prior to the delay release, making it seem it will be different, and once in a generation console defining game. by playing it safe.

#41 TimboSliceGB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5985 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

TimboSliceGB

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:49 AM

How would you know? You finally bought a ps4?

i was watching someone play on twitch plus it's the same for x1 i got near end of first mission and had to wait for install to be fully done.

but thanks for cocky remark

#42 kilik64   Carefree, Wherever We May Be CAGiversary!   7593 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:59 AM

i was watching someone play on twitch plus it's the same for x1 i got near end of first mission and had to wait for install to be fully done.

but thanks for cocky remark

Anytime.

#43 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14030 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:40 AM

what open world game is not repetitive?

You press square to do everything in this game.

E V E R Y T H I N G.

#44 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:49 AM

E V E R Y T H I N G.

it probably will still win some goty type of awards

#45 ORGAN1ZAT10N_13  

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:50 AM

E V E R Y T H I N G.

And just like Ass Cred 4, circle does EVERYTHING but jump/run. Seems to be an Ubisoft trend

#46 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   6961 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:58 AM

Normally with the Ubisoft open world games I have to do every single thing on the map, but i'm just not feeling a lot of these side quests, especially the one with the QR code that you have to lineup with a camera puzzle.

That said, i'm enjoying the story missions, and even just running all around the town listening to peoples conversations, and stealing their money.  The game also seems to be very strange with the amounts of money you get. I find that every time I hack someone who is along the lines of a bully or rapist, I get $100-$300, but every time I hack someone who is in Credit card debt, Bankrupt, a LBGT supporter, or even someone with "Brain Cancer" I get between $2-$3k.  My karma is almost all the way on the good side, so it seems a little backwards.

Havent tried any of the multiplayer yet.  Looking forward to it though.

#47 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14030 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:05 AM

Yeah, so far the game has given me zero reason to even engage in side missions/collectibles.  I've just been going through the main story which looks to be painfully short.  With Assassin's Creed at least you're rewarded with amazing vistas by hitting up all the viewpoints and grabbing some collectibles come naturally as you're just hopping around.  I really don't know why they delayed the game at this point unless it just wasn't done.

Any effort to beef up the gameplay was obviously a waste.

#48 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:31 AM

Yeah, so far the game has given me zero reason to even engage in side missions/collectibles.  I've just been going through the main story which looks to be painfully short.  With Assassin's Creed at least you're rewarded with amazing vistas by hitting up all the viewpoints and grabbing some collectibles come naturally as you're just hopping around.  I really don't know why they delayed the game at this point unless it just wasn't done.

i think someone mentioned earlier in the thread about the competition with gta v , and assains creed iv black flags.

#49 Scorch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   37487 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:13 PM

The main story isn't too short, there's 5 acts.. totals 39 or 40 missions

#50 TimboSliceGB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5985 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

TimboSliceGB

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:24 PM

was delayed to not compete with mostly ac4. A company putting two of their games out at same time is pretty bad idea and for a game with this much hype lie watch dogs needed it's own time. 

Game is not bad as you think it is and mp is really fun but each to his own i guess. i already plan on doing 2nd run of game with the invading feature turned on.

#51 ORGAN1ZAT10N_13  

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:41 PM

That does seem kind of short though. I thought GTA5 was a little on the short side, mission-wise, and there were almost 70 in that game

#52 Thomas96   I am Thomaticus! CAGiversary!   6074 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Thomas96

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:16 PM

I'm shocked that Blues music actually made it into the game!  I think this is the first game to have blues music in it!  

#53 Thomas96   I am Thomaticus! CAGiversary!   6074 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Thomas96

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:17 PM

Does that include the extra 60 minutes of gameplay that was promised?

#54 TimboSliceGB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5985 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

TimboSliceGB

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:35 PM

ubisoft games have always been on short side. The thing with ubisoft games is that they always have tons of side content that adds hours onto gameplay and watch dogs has plenty side stuff.

#55 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14030 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:15 PM

i think someone mentioned earlier in the thread about the competition with gta v , and assains creed iv black flags.

was delayed to not compete with mostly ac4. A company putting two of their games out at same time is pretty bad idea and for a game with this much hype lie watch dogs needed it's own time. 

Ah yes, you're right.  Makes sense when the game is completely bankrupt of fresh ideas other than the 'hacker' theme.  I've only played it for about two hours but I'm already making plans to trade it in whenever BB has a high trade value. : \

#56 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14030 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:19 PM

Does that include the extra 60 minutes of gameplay that was promised?

These things always strike me as funny because half the time you can't even tell where that extra gameplay is.  When DLC is tacked on like this, sometime it can even be missed if they don't smack you over the head with a neon sign.  I know in assassin's creed games these extra missions come in the form of sidemissions and if you don't do any of those, it's absolutely worthless content.

At the same time, if they made it pertinent to the main story it would cause a backlash since it's considered 'cut' content.

#57 TimboSliceGB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5985 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

TimboSliceGB

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:27 PM

Ah yes, you're right.  Makes sense when the game is completely bankrupt of fresh ideas other than the 'hacker' theme.  I've only played it for about two hours but I'm already making plans to trade it in whenever BB has a high trade value. : \

that's just your opinion of course but i loving it so far and it does feel fresh. The world seems alive and i love walking around reading stuff on people. But again it's open world game what fresh stuff were you looking for. Also what was your opinion on gta 5 for me it was worse then gta 4.

#58 4thHorseman   The New God CAGiversary!   2454 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

4thHorseman

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:30 PM

If this was the case, they wouldn't have waited until a month prior to announce it's delay. According to the team, the game still needed work.

#59 TheOpusFuller   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   771 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

TheOpusFuller

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:17 PM

what open world game is not repetitive? is this game great no but it's good and is worth a play.

I can give you one example. Deadly Premonition is an open world game and nothing about that game is repetitive aside from the driving. All side missions either progress the story or the characters. This is the correct way to make an open world game!

I bought watchdogs expecting something nothing short of amazing and what I got was mediocre. It's fun but overall it's very gimmicky. I find myself just running from the cops to get away instead of trying to utilize the surroundings by hacking to escape because it's just easier! The hacking is okay but kind of loses it's luster after a while. Who knows, maybe I'll change my tune after playing it a bit more.

The graphics aren't anything great at all. I'm well aware that graphics isn't what makes a game... I can dig accept that but the developer shouldn't have come out making claims how this is truly next gen-defining if that's case. The graphics aren't anything special at all really.

The multiplayer is a complete train wreck. You try to get in a public lobby and you end up waiting 5 to 10 minutes. Literally. And since you're in this weird mode of waiting to jump in a lobby, you can't do any missions while you wait. So you literally have to pointlessly wonder around doing nothing while you wait to join a game.

When my buddy was able to finally get in a public game, he sent me multiple invites. When I tried to get in his game which was 3/8 players, it kept giving me either an error or it told me the game was full. Complete garbage.

Overall I think reviewers were overly generous with giving this game the score it received. I'd say it's in the range of 60% but nothing more.

I'm going to try and play through the single player campaign fast and sell this off because I don't see this having much replay value at all.

#60 kilik64   Carefree, Wherever We May Be CAGiversary!   7593 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:52 PM

Glad i didnt buy it and just got it from gamefly. Should have it today hopefully. May have actually got it yesterday but never checked the mail. haha.