Watch Dogs (PS3/PS4) official thread

I've been watching some people who have it early stream it on the Live from Playstation channel on the PS4.  Looks pretty good from what I've seen.

Anyone know when the review embargo lifts? Not that I take reviews as a deciding factor but the question still remains for me. Is this GTA level of quality or not?  This of the past two years has been my most anticipated game.

Anyone know when the review embargo lifts? Not that I take reviews as a deciding factor but the question still remains for me. Is this GTA level of quality or not? This of the past two years has been my most anticipated game.
probably monday night in terms of reviews. this game does not have the gta level of detail/customization from all the walkthrough videos i saw. it is a bit more linear, and less freedom

Someone was calling it GTA on steroids but the hype machine is real.  I'm realistically expecting a fun outing with this game, but not flawless.  Ubisoft has cornered the market on repetitive gameplay, afterall.

Someone was calling it GTA on steroids but the hype machine is real. I'm realistically expecting a fun outing with this game, but not flawless. Ubisoft has cornered the market on repetitive gameplay, afterall.
Yeah, the hype machine is huge. That's why I wonder. I am expecting a great time, and hopefully this doesn't turn into a ton of backtracking/collectable crap like Assassin's Creed IV got into.

Yeah, the hype machine is huge. That's why I wonder. I am expecting a great time, and hopefully this doesn't turn into a ton of backtracking/collectable crap like Assassin's Creed IV got into.
Oh it will. Every game they produce anymore in action adventure is the same formula: AC, FarCry, and now Watch Dogs.

Same game, different wrapper.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is Frag watched a stream for a bit and that was all the guy was doing was collectable stuff.

Just got a pick up email from best buy. Will go in a couple hours and check to see if its right! PS4 version and collectors guide.

Hmmm..maybe I'll get lucky since my best buy isn't doing a midnight launch

name="Jodou" post="11788774" timestamp="1401057200"]Someone was calling it GTA on steroids but the hype machine is real.  I'm realistically expecting a fun outing with this game, but not flawless.  Ubisoft has cornered the market on repetitive gameplay, afterall.[/quote]

I think that was ign. I watched that review it was basically a commercial. I don'think this game will be as good as gta. Gta could easily do everything that watch Dogs does.

Watching some recent gameplay videos of this game, it's looking like a half baked version of GTA.

Honestly after seeing how the driving mechanics look in motion, I'm more excited for a next gen port of GTA V. 

Hopefully that comes in June because the PS4 desperately needs a AAA title in its library. 

I think it will be a good game no doubt about that however I think it is extremely overhyped and will definitely wait for a nice price drop when I finish AC4 and probably Wolf and have nothing else of interest then I will probably pick it up. Howver with the Destiny Beta in the coming Month I am hard pressed to pick up another open world game.

will just leave this here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGRsrFdwb2c
I immediately canceled my pre-order and went back to play GTA IV. Thanks for helping me avoid the worst mistake of my life. No damage on the wall from my car? fuck off, Ubisoft. That's the whole reason I buy these games. How they would expect me to tolerate a game where water from the fire hydrant goes through my car is beyond me.

I immediately canceled my pre-order and went back to play GTA IV. Thanks for helping me avoid the worst mistake of my life. No damage on the wall from my car? fuck off, Ubisoft. That's the whole reason I buy these games. How they would expect me to tolerate a game where water from the fire hydrant goes through my car is beyond me.
Justin6.gif

Reviews coming out. Looks like it'll averageo ut to low 80s high 70s on metacritic

Edit:

Metacritic 30 reviews averaged out to 82. Not bad

Canceling my pre-order later this week (when I have time) and moving it to the DIablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition for PS4. This game reminds me of GTA 5 too much and that game was just way too disappointing. Plus, I've been wanting Diablo for quite some time but my laptop won't do it justice and I traded in my PS3 towards a PS4. August can't get here soon enough :)

Just got mine from Amazon. Seems like modern day Assassins Creed/Splinter Cell/Sleeping Dogs hybrid just like I figured it would be.

I'm liking it so far. Pretty damn neat with all the stuff you can hack. Spending points on your skill tree allows you to hack even more things such as garage doors, gates, bridges, etc etc. Gameplay has been smooth, and the graphics are pretty nice. Haven't played online yet, so I can't say how that part of it is.

[quote name="ORGAN1ZAT10N_13" post="11793218" timestamp="1401219746"]If you're serious, I'll give you $50 paypal for it[/quote]pm sent

Well, wasn't expecting much and that's what I got lol.  I think the best thing I like about Watch Dogs is the semi-future vibe from the music.  I keep thinking the soundtrack is by Vangelis or something heh.  Actually no, not even as good as that but it does put me in the mood to watch something cyberpunk.  I knew this game wasn't going to be anything special but at least I'm intrigued by the story so far.

My review would be this: did you like Assassin's Creed 1?  If not, this is that game.  The second one will probably be miles better, but this one is just misguided and repetitive.  Soon as the game was delayed I knew it was bad.

Well, wasn't expecting much and that's what I got lol. I think the best thing I like about Watch Dogs is the semi-future vibe from the music. I keep thinking the soundtrack is by Vangelis or something heh. Actually no, not even as good as that but it does put me in the mood to watch something cyberpunk. I knew this game wasn't going to be anything special but at least I'm intrigued by the story so far.

My review would be this: did you like Assassin's Creed 1? If not, this is that game. The second one will probably be miles better, but this one is just misguided and repetitive. Soon as the game was delayed I knew it was bad.
what open world game is not repetitive? is this game great no but it's good and is worth a play.

I'm annoyed by how slow it's loading on my ps4. I put the disk in and started install. Left for an hour to go jog and the game Is still taking forever to boot up at the new game screen. Sad face

That's weird. I put the disc in for the first time, installed it, and was starting a new game within four or five minutes.

That's weird. I put the disc in for the first time, installed it, and was starting a new game within four or five minutes.
Same here. This should be one of the games that tells you its ready to play before the install is actually finished as well. Once you start the game there is a status meter on the main page that tells you the percentage of the game that is installed.

I was playing the intro and into the first mission within just a few minutes of putting in the disc.

Don't understand the amount of rage some people are having over this game. Sure, its not genre defining or anything but its still very solid. I wonder if some of the people complaining have ever played an open world style game before. There are always little tedious side things to do that are optional. You could always play through just the main story line though if you don't like those types of missions.

Well started the game. I love it.

It's not GTA, nor does it try to be. It has it's own style, gameplay and honestly it's fun as hell causing accidents by hacking traffic lights. Sure the story is very hammy, but I can look past that. I also love the stealth to this game because it's nicely done and you get bullet time which adds to the fun.

Well started the game. I love it.

It's not GTA, nor does it try to be. It has it's own style, gameplay and honestly it's fun as hell causing accidents by hacking traffic lights. Sure the story is very hammy, but I can look past that. I also love the stealth to this game because it's nicely done and you get bullet time which adds to the fun.
the game is not bad, it just copy elements from other games, and incorporate it into the game, aside from the hacking aspect. it just the way ubi$oft hyped prior to the delay release, making it seem it will be different, and once in a generation console defining game. by playing it safe.

Normally with the Ubisoft open world games I have to do every single thing on the map, but i'm just not feeling a lot of these side quests, especially the one with the QR code that you have to lineup with a camera puzzle.

That said, i'm enjoying the story missions, and even just running all around the town listening to peoples conversations, and stealing their money.  The game also seems to be very strange with the amounts of money you get. I find that every time I hack someone who is along the lines of a bully or rapist, I get $100-$300, but every time I hack someone who is in Credit card debt, Bankrupt, a LBGT supporter, or even someone with "Brain Cancer" I get between $2-$3k.  My karma is almost all the way on the good side, so it seems a little backwards.

Havent tried any of the multiplayer yet.  Looking forward to it though.

Yeah, so far the game has given me zero reason to even engage in side missions/collectibles.  I've just been going through the main story which looks to be painfully short.  With Assassin's Creed at least you're rewarded with amazing vistas by hitting up all the viewpoints and grabbing some collectibles come naturally as you're just hopping around.  I really don't know why they delayed the game at this point unless it just wasn't done.

Any effort to beef up the gameplay was obviously a waste.

Yeah, so far the game has given me zero reason to even engage in side missions/collectibles. I've just been going through the main story which looks to be painfully short. With Assassin's Creed at least you're rewarded with amazing vistas by hitting up all the viewpoints and grabbing some collectibles come naturally as you're just hopping around. I really don't know why they delayed the game at this point unless it just wasn't done.

Any effort to beef up the gameplay was obviously a waste.
i think someone mentioned earlier in the thread about the competition with gta v , and assains creed iv black flags.

bread's done
Back