* * * - - 2 votes

PlayStation TV System $39.99/$29.99 @ Gamestop

VITA TV Playstation

#91 MR_E   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1917 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2015 - 07:57 AM

Correct unless you only use Vita cartridges and can get by with the 1GB internal memory for just game saves.

Although even that depends on the games you play and patches.  Killzone Mercenaries has a huge patch (over 1 GB)...and other games (like LittleBigPlanet) have pretty significant patches that will fill up 1 GB fast even if you're playing cartridge games.

#92 sicsonic   100% Natural Good Time Family Band Solution Silenced   663 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2015 - 09:29 AM

Nevermind I read the thread, pointless question, sorry.

#93 Finger_Shocker  

Finger_Shocker

Posted 12 June 2015 - 09:34 AM

All you whiners about how expensive vita memory cards are need to really shut up and quit the whining.... gezzz its like a farking broken records with some of you guys

You should also start a thread about how grossly overprice Apple products are, and why they have proprietary cables that cost 20$ when many phones uses universal USB slots..

or the myriad of many other products which have proprietary parts ...

Guess what if you can't afford it you probably shouldn't be playing it.  Some of you people have this attitude that you think you deserve everything to be affordable and you can play with everything that is made for public consumption... GTFOH :)

#94 Finger_Shocker  

Finger_Shocker

Posted 12 June 2015 - 09:34 AM

All you whiners about how expensive vita memory cards are need to really shut up and quit the whining.... gezzz its like a farking broken records with some of you guys

You should also start a thread about how grossly overprice Apple products are, and why they have proprietary cables that cost 20$ when many phones uses universal USB slots..

Guess what if you can't afford it you probably shouldn't be playing it.  Some of you people have this attitude that you think you deserve everything to be affordable and you can play with everything that is made for public consumption... GTFOH :)

#95 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:24 PM

LOOKWHOSTALKING.jpg

Butt seriously yea they're expensive and yea we should be over it by now.

#96 imme2007   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   1403 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:33 PM

All you people double posting really need to shut up and quit the double posting

Lol sorry I couldn't resist :p

#97 Carlanga   Fishing for deals CAGiversary!   1616 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2015 - 03:14 PM

Let me know when the Vita gets 1.4 MILLION apps/games .  Once they do I will gladly stop complaining of paying for expensive memory/accessories for it.  

BTW stupid rant and double post...

#98 TheCochese   TheLegend CAGiversary!   13962 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2015 - 03:21 PM

I'm sorry, did you say something?

#99 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 12 June 2015 - 03:27 PM

Lol sorry I couldn't resist :p

You must be an xbox cuz you ain't got resistance

#100 tianxia   Just won't shut up CAGiversary!   382 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2015 - 04:30 PM

You can get an 8gb memory card for like $10 on Ebay and just load 1-2 games at a time onto it. You can copy full games (with saves and all installed data) to your PC via USB/wireless (and I think ethernet, for the PSTV) as a backup so unless you're the type to switch games constantly it's not super hard to just spend 10 minutes moving the games you don't want off your card.

#101 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1273 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2015 - 04:48 PM

Picked up a used one in OG box. No memory card in it unfortunately haha. Used a rewards coupon and got it for $5 and change.

#102 SteveGo   What's my name? CAGiversary!   1217 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2015 - 08:49 PM

Just got a pre-owned one. $27.01 out the door after the Kongregate coupon I got today.

Now to find a deal on a 64 GB mem card. I mainly plan on using it for PS4 remote play and PS+ Vita games.

#103 jms209   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   555 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2015 - 09:16 PM

Has anyone tried COD games via remote play.

Other games run fine and have no issues.

COD games run fine, but have analogue stick issues.

It feels like I'm trying to play a PC game with a controller.

The aiming either moves too much or too little. can't be accurate.

Everything else is fine, just aiming is bad.

#104 rioskenny   Senpai CAGiversary!   327 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2015 - 09:44 PM

i am here to say an obvious comment about how you need to buy persona 4 golden with your vita tv

#105 shortyman920   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   211 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

shortyman920

Posted 12 June 2015 - 09:45 PM

At this price, I might just grab one in case I ever want to use my Ps4 somewhere else without having to lug my ps4 with me :/

#106 ilikecheese9000  

ilikecheese9000

Posted 12 June 2015 - 09:50 PM

Asked a store 50 miles away to ship one to my local store. Went to pick it up today and it was a refurbished one for $59.99. They wouldn't sell it for the Pre-Owned price but will get one sent to their store for me and I should be able to get it middle of next week. By then Sony will have their announcement and probably say they'll put a PSTV in every happy meal or something. I'm still getting it regardless.

#107 InfamousHero   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   272 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

InfamousHero

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:01 PM

In my experience if you're buying this solely for streaming gameplay from PS4 i'd skip unless you have a high tolerance for input lag. In the same room inches away over the same wired connection there was noticable input lag. PS4/Vita remoteplay is better.

#108 jms209   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   555 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:10 PM

Only reason I got it was because my PS4 HDMI is broken.

For $30, it gives my ps4 extra life.

Also since it's right next to my PS4, direct connect uses no wifi.

Notice some input lag, but is okay.

Don't understand the issue with COD games though, even offline analogue sticks feel inaccurate.

#109 SteveGo   What's my name? CAGiversary!   1217 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:20 PM

PS4/Vita remoteplay is better.

Except for the whole crappy button mapping and smaller screen.

#110 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1896 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2015 - 01:07 AM

I would but the thread would probably be deleted or moved  because not videogames.

#111 nairb687   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   153 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

nairb687

Posted 13 June 2015 - 02:21 AM

I found one at my local BestBuy (Jacksonville, FL) for 39.99. The BestBuy website said they didn't have any in stock... but it was wrong

#112 irishsoccermbw   Banned Banned   6423 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

irishsoccermbw

Posted 13 June 2015 - 03:01 AM

I found one at my local BestBuy (Jacksonville, FL) for 39.99. The BestBuy website said they didn't have any in stock... but it was wrong

BB's website, in the past at least, only said 'in stock' if the store had 3 or more copies.

#113 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6690 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2015 - 04:08 AM

Well I finally decided to bite on this today, used the $5 Kongregate coupon. was in one of those gamestop ziplock bag thingies. Wife and I went out for dinner and I came home to a chewed up vita TV, chewed in 3 pieces HDMI cable, and an intact power supply.

This new puppy we adopted isn't working out too well so far. Oh well, least it wasn't the xbox or ps4 she got ahold of.

All around this was a great day that turned terrible for several reasons. And I come home to a chewed up PSTV.

I need to go drink.

#114 Kidorangepanda   Arcade PCB Addict CAGiversary!   391 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Kidorangepanda

Posted 13 June 2015 - 05:00 AM

Well I finally decided to bite on this today, used the $5 Kongregate coupon. was in one of those gamestop ziplock bag thingies. Wife and I went out for dinner and I came home to a chewed up vita TV, chewed in 3 pieces HDMI cable, and an intact power supply.

This new puppy we adopted isn't working out too well so far. Oh well, least it wasn't the xbox or ps4 she got ahold of.

All around this was a great day that turned terrible for several reasons. And I come home to a chewed up PSTV.

I need to go drink.

Truthfully? I think the dog should go, if this is any indication of its future happenings, it can only spell disaster for your games. Leave a lonely dog alone? Stuff is going to get torn up, and it will be what it sees you play with the most.

#115 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6690 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2015 - 05:56 AM

Truthfully? I think the dog should go, if this is any indication of its future happenings, it can only spell disaster for your games. Leave a lonely dog alone? Stuff is going to get torn up, and it will be what it sees you play with the most.

Yeah. We have another dog that's well behaved. Gonna try and maybe see if we can find a good home for this one

#116 BlacKJesu5  

BlacKJesu5

Posted 13 June 2015 - 06:40 AM

Thanks for the post...got one today for $21 with coupon

#117 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   4714 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Kenshindono

Posted 13 June 2015 - 09:27 AM

Wow, got lucky. Went to my local GS to see if they still had one in stock. Showed they did last night. Looks like their inventory was screwed up. They only had 2 of the $99 bundle version but someone had counted one of them as the regular and one as the bundle. Guy shrugged and said i could have the $99 bundle for the sale price. I wasn't sure if i wanted to get this but at that price its worth it for the bundle with the controller and other junk

#118 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1273 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2015 - 11:59 AM

Yeah. We have another dog that's well behaved. Gonna try and maybe see if we can find a good home for this one

Oh come on. Puppies chew stuff. No reason to condemn the dog out the door. My dog ruined countless articles of clothing when she was a puppy, including my favorite shirt, and I wouldn't trade her for 50 shirts 7 years later. Maybe look into crate training. But do have a drink.

#119 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6690 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2015 - 12:34 PM

Oh come on. Puppies chew stuff. No reason to condemn the dog out the door. My dog ruined countless articles of clothing when she was a puppy, including my favorite shirt, and I wouldn't trade her for 50 shirts 7 years later. Maybe look into crate training. But do have a drink.

It's not just the chewed up stuff bothering me

#120 sp00ge   Hey guys, I'm a turd! CAGiversary!   11840 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2015 - 02:30 PM

When my dog, Cammy, was a puppy, we had a problem with chewing.  While giving her a few toys helped, the base of the kitchen table was her favorite.  What helped for us was hot sauce.  Wipe a little bit of it on her favorite chewing spots and within a day or two she stopped chewing on random things.  12 years later she's still the best dog I've ever had and I wouldn't get rid of her for anything.

But there are troublesome dogs that just can't be trained.  The last one we adopted as a puppy was the dumbest/most stubborn dog ever.  She refused to go outside, no matter how long you walked her.  She would hold it until she got back inside and the minute she was back on the carpet, the gates would open.  She would also chew the paint off of the walls, linoleum tile off the floor, etc.  I've trained many dogs, but I've NEVER had a dog as difficult as this one.  We ended up giving her to one of my former coworkers.