* * * * - 16 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#30211 RPGamer246   I Game You Game We Game CAGiversary!   1107 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2020 - 05:57 PM

If you have open stores nearby, it would be much easier to let it ship then return to store.  It can be a huge pain to get credit back.  In some cases due to terrible CS I never did get it back and just ate the loss.

ah okay. Ive had trials of mana switch ordered since 5/1, never shipped, says awaiting product availability but I noticed a store not far away has it for store pick up so I was thinking of ordering it with store pick up along with 2 other games for b2g1 but not if Im going to have to fight with CS to get the $50 in credit back. I guess I could always order anyway and then when the original order finally gets in stock and ships I can just return it. hmm decisions....

#30212 NoUse4AName68   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   13 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

NoUse4AName68

Posted 24 May 2020 - 07:21 PM

Just received my first order from game for used games. Bought the resident evil 4-7 bundle for xbo and two of them didn’t have artwork. Is there any point trying to return those two to get art? Or do I have to return all four?

#30213 Accidie  

Posted 24 May 2020 - 07:23 PM

I just bought new Persona 5 Royal, new Final Fantasy VII Remake, and used Astral Chain. Also bought Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon bundle for $24.99 yesterday even though I have both already.

#30214 Eutaoo  

Posted 24 May 2020 - 07:43 PM

If anyone needs to exchange cases, I'd suggest giving stores a call and ask if they have the OG case and if they'd be willing to exchange (or just give it to you) if they still arent regularly open. I called one that had the only copy of a game I needed within 40 miles and they had the OG case, and he said he'd just let me have it. You guys might get lucky

#30215 jrc84  

Posted 24 May 2020 - 08:22 PM

If anyone needs to exchange cases, I'd suggest giving stores a call and ask if they have the OG case and if they'd be willing to exchange (or just give it to you) if they still arent regularly open. I called one that had the only copy of a game I needed within 40 miles and they had the OG case, and he said he'd just let me have it. You guys might get lucky

In my experience, like 9/10 times I have ask for a case they just give it to me. It has mostly been with older gen stuff though.

#30216 thenadz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   302 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2020 - 09:47 PM

For those that have fully-paid preorders for The Last Of Us 2 and live in a state where all GS are still closed: has there been any indication that they might offer that ship to home thing again?

Asking as I live in NY and our GameStop’s are most likely gonna be closed until July at least

#30217 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   738 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2020 - 09:48 PM

I just bought new Persona 5 Royal, new Final Fantasy VII Remake, and used Astral Chain. Also bought Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon bundle for $24.99 yesterday even though I have both already.

24.99 each or for both? Was this the deal of the day yesterday I missed out I need those games still and I have the cases so I wouldn’t care if they came cart only lol

#30218 IMikeU   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   110 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2020 - 10:00 PM

I kept looking at those Pokémon games yesterday, but always showed 34.99 for me

#30219 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1245 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 24 May 2020 - 11:06 PM

24.99 each or for both? Was this the deal of the day yesterday I missed out I need those games still and I have the cases so I wouldn’t care if they came cart only lol

Yeah it was deal of the day yesterday, $25 for both games

#30220 TheProcess  

TheProcess

Posted 24 May 2020 - 11:19 PM

#30221 TheProcess  

TheProcess

Posted 24 May 2020 - 11:20 PM

#30222 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5353 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 24 May 2020 - 11:38 PM

Yeah it said that when I looked as well.

#30223 RPGamer246   I Game You Game We Game CAGiversary!   1107 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2020 - 12:47 AM

it was a bundle, both of them together as 1 listing for $25

#30224 jooksingjie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   192 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

jooksingjie

Posted 25 May 2020 - 01:51 AM

it was a bundle, both of them together as 1 listing for $25

efff. i just ignored them when i saw them  listed at 34.99 and figured it was another gs mistake. 

#30225 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   738 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2020 - 02:03 AM

Damn that’s a deal considering what they sell for on eBay. I missed out oh well next time hopefully I notice of their sales have been recurring and I’ve seen a local GameStop store with a whole 3ds case full with moon sun and ultra moon and ultra sun lol.

#30226 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4066 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 25 May 2020 - 03:37 AM

Octopath travel preowned $30.

Anyone know if the 3rd item free from b2g1 is canceled for store pickup, how does that workout on billing?

#30227 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1194 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 25 May 2020 - 03:40 AM

Octopath travel preowned $30.
Anyone know if the 3rd item free from b2g1 is canceled for store pickup, how does that workout on billing?

You get screwed

#30228 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4066 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 25 May 2020 - 03:49 AM

You get screwed

Man, shouldnt the system discount the other 2 games since the third game is unavailable?

Example: game 1 $30 prepare shipment

Game 2 $30 store pickup ready

Game 3 $30 store cancelled.

Game 2 and 3 is brand new. Dont understand how messy the inventory system is.

Since game 3 is cancelled, should the bill be around $40 since the free game got cancelled or am i still bill for $ 60 for 2 games?

#30229 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4066 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 25 May 2020 - 03:50 AM

You get screwed

Man, shouldnt the system discount the other 2 games since the third game is unavailable?

Since game 3 is cancelled, should the bill be around $40 since the free game got cancelled or am i still bill for $ 60 for 2 games?

#30230 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1194 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 25 May 2020 - 03:50 AM

Haha nope. You're paying full

#30231 the Gooseler   Damon Baird CAGiversary!   923 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

the Gooseler

Posted 25 May 2020 - 04:18 AM

Yeah they will charge you full price. When they had a B2G2 I had two for in-store pick-up that got cancelled but they still shipped me the other two games and I was charged full price. Had to go to the store to return the two that I received.

It also works in your favor sometimes. They might cancel the ones you pay for and then you get free games. GameStop has a really shitty system.

#30232 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4066 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 25 May 2020 - 04:30 AM

Yeah they will charge you full price. When they had a B2G2 I had two for in-store pick-up that got cancelled but they still shipped me the other two games and I was charged full price. Had to go to the store to return the two that I received.

It also works in your favor sometimes. They might cancel the ones you pay for and then you get free games. GameStop has a really shitty system.

So i check on the website status and the game is prepared for shipment. I havent pickup the one game yet. Sadly, The 3rd free game got cancelled since they probably couldnt find it.

Game 1 $29.99 awaiting shipment

Game 2 $29.99 ready for pickup

Game 3 $0 pickup cancelled

The gamestop online status shows the price is $42.40

So does that mean once items shipped and pickup, an i charge that amount? Just worried that it may readjust after everything is completed.

Also took a picture in case billing statement shows differently.

#30233 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14784 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2020 - 05:08 AM

Have any GameStops reopened for in person business? If so, are they accepting trades? Just curious. Retail reopened in my state today but GameStop is still closed.

My main store reopened for customers (not just curbside) on Monday the 19th. They are only accepting trades on electronics, and the current systems/games (PS4, XB1, Switch) plus 3DS. They are also taking returns but not dealing with cash (returned a clearance Lilith action figure and put it on Saints Row 3 Remastered.)

#30234 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4121 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 25 May 2020 - 06:43 AM

Never mind. 

#30235 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23383 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2020 - 01:16 PM

My main store reopened for customers (not just curbside) on Monday the 19th. They are only accepting trades on electronics, and the current systems/games (PS4, XB1, Switch) plus 3DS. They are also taking returns but not dealing with cash (returned a clearance Lilith action figure and put it on Saints Row 3 Remastered.)

Wait, so if you return a game, you have to put the funds towards something else..? Is that legal? 

#30236 omegasaber   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   59 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

omegasaber

Posted 25 May 2020 - 01:34 PM

During the last B2G2 a couple of weeks ago I ordered 8 games. Only 3 came with the artwork so I went to return them all to my local store. Long story short they had art for one of them and refunded me for the other 4 but refunded me the full price of each game not just for 2. So I got the 4 I kept for free plus a couple of bucks because every game said $9.97 on the invoices.

I was baffled at the time but it makes sense reading this thread.

#30237 fantomgamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   281 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

fantomgamer

Posted 25 May 2020 - 02:31 PM

During the last B2G2 a couple of weeks ago I ordered 8 games. Only 3 came with the artwork so I went to return them all to my local store. Long story short they had art for one of them and refunded me for the other 4 but refunded me the full price of each game not just for 2. So I got the 4 I kept for free plus a couple of bucks because every game said $9.97 on the invoices.

I was baffled at the time but it makes sense reading this thread.

...and this is how a company goes out of business. Simply crazy that they could allow this to happen.

#30238 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   563 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2020 - 03:23 PM

It also works in your favor sometimes. They might cancel the ones you pay for and then you get free games.

Yep, I've "taken advantage" of this enough times that whenever I get the short end on a few things like missing a cert, some points, incorrect discs, I usually just shoot an email to support and let it slide if they don't respond. Usually that ends up with me having a stack of snail-mailed gift cards with a couple bucks on each. 

#30239 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   853 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 25 May 2020 - 03:26 PM

Wait, so if you return a game, you have to put the funds towards something else..? Is that legal?

If you paid with a card, it would just go back to the card. He’s talking about literal cash, which many businesses have discontinued using because of the covid potential.

As for legality, return policies at any store are always “at manager discretion”, there’s not really a legal requirement to offer returns for most retail.

#30240 RPGamer246   I Game You Game We Game CAGiversary!   1107 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2020 - 04:14 PM

just sounds like anything you return has to go back on a trade card/credit card. which makes sense because I think stores havent been dealing with cash in over 30 days so you shouldn't have purchased anything with cash within the return period