* * * * - 16 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#30391 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2291 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2020 - 08:49 PM

Very good to know, thank you both.

#30392 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   464 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2020 - 08:58 PM

I was able to pick up a D.Va Figma in store but missed Mercy. Anyone want to trade my D.Va for Mercy? Thanks

#30393 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5340 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 29 May 2020 - 09:28 PM

Wasn't aware of the PayPal stuff. Will avoid using it for the time being. Too bad I used it for my previous order.

#30394 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   558 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2020 - 09:50 PM

Lol, I'm a chump. Caved and picked up 2x Nerf Overwatch Soldier: 76 Blasters to blast my kids with this afternoon. Totally worth $25!  :twoguns: These nerf guns are BIG. Wife hates them already.  :-

#30395 xenozfan2   Trippin' on apples! CAGiversary!   729 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2020 - 10:06 PM

I was checking some trade values today and a lot of games are showing only a penny like Doom, PUBG, We happy few, and Indivisable just to name a few. Are trade ins scaled back or something?

#30396 johnston306   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   815 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

johnston306

Posted 29 May 2020 - 11:47 PM

It would work but unfortunately the online coupons don't seem to be working for most, if not all, people on here - I don't think it would be worth the gamble using it on a $50 coupon then having to call them up and wait for hours on the phone trying to get your points back

Very true. Last year maybe a $25 online didnt work but then a $50 did. I should probably just wait until I can go in-store.

#30397 Kpjcelj   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   98 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2020 - 12:13 AM

So far half of the new games that I’ve gotten have been previously opened. SMDH.

#30398 Athrun   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   15 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2020 - 01:05 AM

I wonder how GameStop is able to keep doing these B2G2 or B2G1 deals. They must be running low on inventory...

I personally have a BIG pile of games I would like to trade in, but the trade values are too low for me right now.

I'm holding out for a bump from CSAC or a promo trading towards a PS5. I would even be okay with a promo trading towards a pre-order game...

#30399 Volitar Prime   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   83 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Volitar Prime

Posted 30 May 2020 - 01:28 AM

My personal theory is that GameStop is doing all of these sales as an inventory reduction effort.  They may not be planning on re-opening a lot of their stores when the stay home orders are lifted in some states.  I had an email from them yesterday that actually called it a "clearance sale" which is somewhat telling.

#30400 hectorarizpe   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1079 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

hectorarizpe

Posted 30 May 2020 - 01:29 AM

I just ordered a PS4 and the controller they gave me doesn’t charge. My local stores have no preowned at all. Does any know if a local GameStop will give me a new one instead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#30401 Querjek   Thirty Seven CAGiversary!   2237 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2020 - 02:00 AM

I just ordered a PS4 and the controller they gave me doesn’t charge. My local stores have no preowned at all. Does any know if a local GameStop will give me a new one instead?

Probably not. A call to CS might get you a used one shipped out, but I'm not sure.

#30402 GeeWiz   Cheaper than Cheap! CAGiversary!   2325 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2020 - 02:03 AM

Finally picked up the Vita games I ordered from 2 different GSs and to my surprise, out of the 15 games, a good 8 of them were complete with case and artwork and 3 of them were converted to pre-owned and still sealed!

...well after the fact they gave my order of 9 Vita games and a PS4 Senran Kagura CE to someone else and I just happened to be there when the guy they gave it to came back all confused because his Soldier 76 Nerf Gun wasn't in it...

#30403 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 30 May 2020 - 02:11 AM

My game shipped out on Wednesday and will be here tomorrow according to tracking but my 3 controllers are still in preparing to ship status.

#30404 Jaridb  

Posted 30 May 2020 - 02:28 AM

The joke is you being upset over something out of their control. If the store was closed when the item was release, why the Fuck would you think they would have gotten shipments?

Aircobra, you’re literally the biggest d-bag in this forum. You try to police it as if you’re the last voice defending GameStop’s horrible practices. It’s amusing, but still, you’re such a douche

#30405 gAm3 Fr3aQu3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   131 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

gAm3 Fr3aQu3

Posted 30 May 2020 - 03:29 AM

He's just telling it how it is. Some people just need to hear [read] it. 

What aircobra said is just common sense.

#30406 gAm3 Fr3aQu3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   131 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

gAm3 Fr3aQu3

Posted 30 May 2020 - 03:30 AM

Finally picked up the Vita games I ordered from 2 different GSs and to my surprise, out of the 15 games, a good 8 of them were complete with case and artwork and 3 of them were converted to pre-owned and still sealed!

...well after the fact they gave my order of 9 Vita games and a PS4 Senran Kagura CE to someone else and I just happened to be there when the guy they gave it to came back all confused because his Soldier 76 Nerf Gun wasn't in it...

Pick up all the VITA games while you can. They're definitely harder to find nowadays, and online stock is very limited.

#30407 detsportsfan3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   117 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

detsportsfan3

Posted 30 May 2020 - 04:20 AM

GameStop is doing it right if you ask me. Their deals have been mostly to get rid of unwanted inventory (junk toys, last gen games, cheap games). Stores are low on inventory which will make it easier to close retail stores. They'll be left with less stores focusing mainly on next gen and PS4/XBONE while slowly phasing out collectibles and old old games. I'm sure they take out loans and cash is worth way more than the percent on inventory you can borrow against (probably about 30%), and they've been converting a ton of inventory to cash. The selection is already slim pickings from the last time but I would definitely expect another B2G2 on last gen games as the PS5 nears.

B2G1 on new was a bit surprising and "against the trend", but isn't unheard of. Target and Amazon have run B2G1 in the past.
  • IGN likes this

#30408 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5340 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 30 May 2020 - 04:57 AM

Did you try charging it through the bottom port?  I have an old controller for the slim that doesn't charge through the top port but does through the bottom one.

#30409 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3541 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2020 - 05:55 AM

Aircobra, you’re literally the biggest d-bag in this forum. You try to police it as if you’re the last voice defending GameStop’s horrible practices. It’s amusing, but still, you’re such a douche

Lol if you think I defend GameStop, you should get your head checked. You just can’t handle hearing something that differentiates from your opinion. Eventually you’ll learn how to do that and be able to socialize with us adults. Until then, I’m guessing you’ll just resort to name calling. Cool?

#30410 Omni99  

Posted 30 May 2020 - 06:38 AM

GameStop is doing it right if you ask me. Their deals have been mostly to get rid of unwanted inventory (junk toys, last gen games, cheap games). Stores are low on inventory which will make it easier to close retail stores. They'll be left with less stores focusing mainly on next gen and PS4/XBONE while slowly phasing out collectibles and old old games. I'm sure they take out loans and cash is worth way more than the percent on inventory you can borrow against (probably about 30%), and they've been converting a ton of inventory to cash. The selection is already slim pickings from the last time but I would definitely expect another B2G2 on last gen games as the PS5 nears.

B2G1 on new was a bit surprising and "against the trend", but isn't unheard of. Target and Amazon have run B2G1 in the past.

One thing I noticed is that it seems like Sony is putting far less focus on backwards compatibility than I thought they would earlier. I know we'll find out more next week, but one of the big selling points for GS was going to be both systems will all this BC. Instead it looks like Xbox is gonna take the lead and Sony might not be doing much at all. That hurts GS some.

#30411 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7830 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2020 - 08:22 AM

I don't know if anyone posted this already, but Kroger has a digital coupon right now that takes 10% off the purchase of 3 GameStop gift cards that total $75 if you have the store rewards card.  So, you can buy 3 $25 GameStop gift cards for $67.50.  Hope this helps someone.

https://www.kroger.com/cl/coupons/

#30412 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   558 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2020 - 10:58 AM

Yep, and I think most of us flippers will be stuck with some unwanted stock that we had bought during a bunch of the B2G2, 50% off, etc sales that we had hoped to sell back eventually but may likely break much less than even if the trade values never go back up. 

Today's selection of B1G¾ is a pretty random... probably stuff they have a few too many copies of.  :cold:

#30413 Stop  

Posted 30 May 2020 - 01:01 PM

Contents of "You want this box" #9.

https://pbs.twimg.co...=jpg&name=large

Credit to Wario64

#30414 IGN  

Posted 30 May 2020 - 02:20 PM

That's exactly what they are doing. My home store that is closing didn't even have a clearance sale or a closing sign. It was just empty with just a few Switch cases and PSN and XB gift cards.

#30415 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23374 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2020 - 03:13 PM

Got my 2nd and 3rd orders from my B2G1F sale and am pretty damn happy with these. One was for 3x new games and all 3x games are actually sealed copies. Socking. And other order was 3x used games and all 3x look brand new, and with cases (one even had a manual!). 

Those are good points. I've been asking where they keep getting used game inventory but looking at what I've bought, I can't say I've bought a lot of games I wanted, instead the opposite- I've purchased a lot of games I probably wouldn't have purchased on a given day since they stuff I wanted are out of stock or not part of the sale. 

#30416 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   14884 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2020 - 03:21 PM

https://pbs.twimg.co...=jpg&name=large

Credit to Wario64

I don't want any of that.

• IGN likes this

#30417 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2291 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2020 - 03:25 PM

I don't want any of that.

No shut up, you want this box

#30418 IGN  

Posted 30 May 2020 - 04:31 PM

That box is only worth $5.

#30419 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3591 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 30 May 2020 - 04:43 PM

Lol if you think I defend GameStop, you should get your head checked. You just can’t handle hearing something that differentiates from your opinion. Eventually you’ll learn how to do that and be able to socialize with us adults. Until then, I’m guessing you’ll just resort to name calling. Cool?

Differentiate doesn't really work in that context. You should have just used differ.

#30420 akira555  

akira555

Posted 30 May 2020 - 04:55 PM

One thing I noticed is that it seems like Sony is putting far less focus on backwards compatibility than I thought they would earlier. I know we'll find out more next week, but one of the big selling points for GS was going to be both systems will all this BC. Instead it looks like Xbox is gonna take the lead and Sony might not be doing much at all. That hurts GS some.

Sony hasn't focused on backwards compatibility since the days of the PS3, I highly doubt the PS5 is going to have any outside of the current gen. A lot of outlets were saying the same thing, that all PS games would be playable on PS5, but I'm pretty sure they misread quotes that were quite vague. Xbox's system of having BC is brilliant, and you can keep the prices down on most games by having both digital and physical ways to play the games. GameStop has been a godsend with their deals on Xbox OG games, but it's going to be far more difficult to off-load PS3 games now.