* * * * - 16 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#30601 BryanDGAF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1181 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2020 - 06:37 PM

are any cali stores open to shop inside? Has anyone been inside? Any orange county stores?

#30602 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3618 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2020 - 07:03 PM

are any cali stores open to shop inside?

They shouldn't be.

#30603 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   811 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 04 June 2020 - 07:31 PM

They shouldn't be.

Why not? Most of the state has moved to stage 2b..or do you mean that the shouldn't be because it's still to early...

#30604 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2711 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2020 - 07:34 PM

are any cali stores open to shop inside? Has anyone been inside? Any orange county stores?

There were some, specifically the ones outside the mall but most have closed again due to the riots.

#30605 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   811 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 04 June 2020 - 07:38 PM

I'm still wondering how they are going to process returns. Will they stick to the 30 day window for new stuff, even if the stores are closed?

#30606 ritchardf  

Posted 04 June 2020 - 07:41 PM

I'm still wondering how they are going to process returns. Will they stick to the 30 day window for new stuff, even if the stores are closed?

they are having a fire sale, im sure their plan is to accept as few returns as possible

#30607 Danthegamer   Deal Galore CAG in Training   28 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

Danthegamer

Posted 04 June 2020 - 07:52 PM

I was able to return a sealed game from March 14. It really just depends on who you get to help you with the transaction because there are those who like to play hardball, and those who analyze the situation and accommodate the customer by processing the return even if past 30 days.

#30608 jrc84  

Posted 04 June 2020 - 09:03 PM

I was able to use my $5 monthly PUR cert on PS+ 12 month membership in store (TX). It came out to $36.99 before tax. It does not work on the physical PS+ cards, you have to ask them to pull it up on their computer, promo 216872.

I was also able to get BF1 DotD in store for $1 (just wanted the case), an override was needed.

Bet they would have given you the case or a few if you told them that.

#30609 Babysinclair   Banned Banned   44 Posts   Joined 0.2 Years Ago  

Babysinclair

Posted 04 June 2020 - 10:08 PM

You can’t shop in store in California it’s still illegal and with everything going on why would GameStop want people in there stores?

#30610 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   811 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 04 June 2020 - 10:13 PM

You can’t shop in store in California it’s still illegal and with everything going on why would GameStop want people in there stores?

Odd. My county in NorCal East Bay opened up indoor shopping yesterday. Of course, many of the stores are still closed because of the looting...

I also thought most counties in the State had moved to stage 2b this week, which would allow for in-store shopping.

#30611 Formula65  

Formula65

Posted 04 June 2020 - 10:31 PM

I paid with debit so I guess I could have gotten a GS gift card, but normally they refund debit transactions as cash & I didn’t want or need to challenge it since I had something else I wanted to get instead.

I returned a game that came broken. At first guy said I had to call customer service since they are not handing out cash. I told him customer service told me to do the return in store. At that point he said he would try to do the return to my card but wasn’t sure it could be done since he had not tried it before. It worked I got refunded to my Debit card within 2 -3 days.

#30612 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23455 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2020 - 10:42 PM

So I got a question.. for those of you who have been inside one of your local GSes before and after the corona closures... who do those stores look? Are they about the same? Or do they look like they're being emptied out? 

I'm starting to wonder if they're just reducing their footprint and focusing more towards online sales. While I've gotten many more incomplete games (95% of my games over the past month were game only, vs historically I'd say it was closer to 70%), I haven't had any order related issues- no cancellations, no missing items. 

#30613 Gore   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   610 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2020 - 11:41 PM

On one order, is it possible to do store pick up at more than one location?

#30614 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1234 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 05 June 2020 - 12:12 AM

On one order, is it possible to do store pick up at more than one location?

Unfortunately no

#30615 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3618 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2020 - 12:40 AM

Lol no it isn’t. It was never illegal.

#30616 IAMSAM34  

Posted 05 June 2020 - 12:46 AM

Odd. My county in NorCal East Bay opened up indoor shopping yesterday. Of course, many of the stores are still closed because of the looting...

I also thought most counties in the State had moved to stage 2b this week, which would allow for in-store shopping.

What county?

#30617 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   811 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 05 June 2020 - 12:54 AM

What county?

CoCo County

#30618 IAMSAM34  

Posted 05 June 2020 - 12:55 AM

Lol no it isn’t. It was never illegal.

Executive orders by state governors

#30619 GeeWiz   Cheaper than Cheap! CAGiversary!   2327 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2020 - 01:19 AM

Looks like the inventory checker is fixed and is accurate again but it doesn't let you order anything for pickup on the affected games.

#30620 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3618 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2020 - 01:30 AM

Executive orders by state governors

We’re specifically talking about California. It was never illegal for them to be open for in-store customers.

#30621 Gore   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   610 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2020 - 01:35 AM

I was just looking to get Fallout 76 to join some friends (xbone).  I'm not going to go for the $2 Borderlands Pre-Sequel 360 just so it can be the free game. I'll keep looking.

Unfortunately no

Thank you.

#30622 akira555  

akira555

Posted 05 June 2020 - 01:42 AM

I really hope GameStop drops USPS right now and sticks with UPS. I've gotten excellent service and timely shipping during this entire ordeal, but I have not gotten a single update since my package went from UPS to USPS, and it's sat in my local office for this entire week. I called them and got no response. I'm probably going to speak to UPS or GameStop if it's not hear by the end of this week.

The postal system right now is on the brink from what I've been hearing around. Incredibly sad, but I can't imagine how this is effecting the bottom line, especially with smaller businesses that can't sell anything except for online and through the mail. I've heard some talk that they've been hoarding mail. I wouldn't be surprised. USPS right now is a black hole.

#30623 tubtub   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   832 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2020 - 03:23 AM

I really hope GameStop drops USPS right now and sticks with UPS. I've gotten excellent service and timely shipping during this entire ordeal, but I have not gotten a single update since my package went from UPS to USPS, and it's sat in my local office for this entire week. I called them and got no response. I'm probably going to speak to UPS or GameStop if it's not hear by the end of this week.
The postal system right now is on the brink from what I've been hearing around. Incredibly sad, but I can't imagine how this is effecting the bottom line, especially with smaller businesses that can't sell anything except for online and through the mail. I've heard some talk that they've been hoarding mail. I wouldn't be surprised. USPS right now is a black hole.

USPS sucks real bad. My gamestop package took 2 plus weeks because they used USPS. I signed up for ups premium (coupon for $20 a year)and they have a setting where you can switch it so anything that is shipped smart post where it goes UPS to USPS will instead stay with UPS the whole time. It was so worth it. Now my bestbuy 2 day deliveries shipped smart post arrive via UPS in one day.

#30624 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 05 June 2020 - 03:40 AM

I ordered 3 controllers last Wednesday and I got an email on Saturday stating they had shipped out and I'll get them the 11th. USPS still has the status as tracking details will be available once the package arrives. My estimated date has gone up a day since I got the email and is now estimated to arrive the 15th. I'm just hoping the controllers get here before the end of the month at this point. I know things are crazy in the world so I am just rolling with it.

#30625 Snarky   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   268 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2020 - 06:14 AM

I've noticed that if you just google "gamestop" it list stores status as "curbside"/"in store shopping" and neither(just "closed" and what time it opens).

Of course you should still call and check, not sure where they are getting their info since the GameStop website for those stores does NOT say anything about curbside or in store..

The store that I went to today only had games. There weren't any collectibles. The store seemed empty compared to how it use to be (no not going out of business).

Did they have digital currency cards?

I hope that isn't the case when stuff over here open back up, I just want to use my $5 on Steam credit, and that $10 reward certificate that expires this month on some collectible/toy/etc.

#30626 DrBayrd  

Posted 05 June 2020 - 12:07 PM

For those on the search for a PS4, some GS stores got a small shipment of ps4 slims 1 tb, msrp $299 this week. Two stores I went to got shipments of 3 each which were quickly purchased by other customers. You cannot order for in-store pickup as far as I can tell due to the low quantity available.
You can search your area by tapping check other stores link in red font. Here is the link:
https://www.gamestop...b/10147719.html

#30627 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   677 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 05 June 2020 - 04:12 PM

Looks like the inventory checker is fixed and is accurate again but it doesn't let you order anything for pickup on the affected games.

I found that if you add the item to your cart you can change it to pickup at store from the cart page itself. My immediate thought was maybe it was another bug and it'd just let you do that for any game, but no, only been able to change to pickup for certain games so I assume that means my store does have those in stock. That said, just a wild guess, my store opens in an hour so I will see if my games get cancelled or not.

I live in a very small town far away from any looting/rioting and we've had corona under control for a while now so my gamestop has been open (5 people in at a time) for a few weeks now. They'll be open today as well so maybe my order will actually work.

#30628 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1633 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2020 - 08:42 PM

My gamestop opened today for foot traffic! As much as you guys hate them I love my store and I missed these people a lot. No pre-orders for THPS CE left :(

#30629 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   611 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2020 - 11:09 PM

Was at my home store for a pickup and an old grandpa wanted to use cash to buy a PS4 and they wouldn't take it so I took the risk and offered to trade his cash for my store credit. Not my usual method of cashing out , but I'll take it! 

Conveniently the bank was on the way home and I deposited it no problem.  :joystick:

#30630 Accidie  

Posted 05 June 2020 - 11:34 PM

The $5 online coupon that I redeemed today is not working. I wanted to buy Marvel's Spider-Man with it. Strange since it worked last month on a $10 eShop card and not on a game this month.