* * * * - 16 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#31081 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2707 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2020 - 12:55 AM

Couldn't find 4 games on-line for the B2G2 free promo so I went into one store bought 3 games and went to another to get the fourth. The rep at the second pulled the game from the drawer and said there was no case. I told him I believe all the case are in the back (reason the 360 and PS3 games are not displayed). He said he couldn't find it and gave me a PS3 case for a 360 game. 

#31082 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 21 June 2020 - 02:28 AM

A second wave is coming, I believe GameStop will close for good, they can’t handle another wave, and it’s going to get worse this time.

I've always found a good indicator of when a company is about to shut down is when their customer service/contact methods evaporate and they become borderline unreachable.

Many of us here have documented how difficult it is to reach GS on the phone (and this was even well before the Pandemic). When I had lost package shipping issues over the 2019 Black Friday, I sent about a half dozen emails to their orders email address advertised on their website, over the course of 3 weeks. None of them were ever answered. I never did get someone on the phone to help, either. It is very obvious Gamestop has severely cut back its "customer service" and it was never all that to begin with. Not sure about everyone else's experience contacting physical stores (I'm talking *before* the Pandemic), but for me...it's a rarity when someone actually answers the phone at a Gamestop location over the last year+. Last Fall, I drove 20 miles to buy an actual Vita release (Death Mark) and the manager there apologized and said their phones haven't worked reliably in weeks, despite his continued pleas higher up to fix them. When the infrastructure and effort to fix problems break down...that tells you all you need to know.

I think it's all but assured Gamestop will close for good eventually...the only real question is, when. 

#31083 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1633 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2020 - 05:31 AM

No dotd?

#31084 skrockij89  

Posted 21 June 2020 - 06:04 AM

Got a message from Dave. His new username is Tattler4. Sent me a message about stealing from GameStop and how he reported me lol. Dude needs to get a life.

#31085 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   893 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 21 June 2020 - 06:30 AM

To be fair, as I understand, the PS5 comes with a 4k Blu-Ray drive, which the vast majority of people do not own, as they are pricey.

I'd rather have the PS5 with the 4k drive, and I'll likely be looking for a 4k TV later this year. Kind of like how the PS2 introduced me to DVD's.

The Xbox One S I bought for $200 3 years ago came with a 4K Blu-ray drive. Not sure that’s a system selling feature for the PS5.

#31086 Babysinclair   Banned Banned   44 Posts   Joined 0.2 Years Ago  

Babysinclair

Posted 21 June 2020 - 06:34 AM

Yeah most companies can’t afford to keep doing 25% to 40% capacity and with the virus going on for at least another year, a lot of stores and companies are going under, so have fun right now y’all, it’s going to be a very bumpy ride.

#31087 Lumas101  

Posted 21 June 2020 - 07:08 AM

Got a message from Dave. His new username is Tattler4. Sent me a message about stealing from GameStop and how he reported me lol. Dude needs to get a life.

I got a message from Tattler3 the other day. Good to know he’s being very inventive.

#31088 strikeanywhere  

strikeanywhere

Posted 21 June 2020 - 10:53 AM

Pro Day(ve) is this Saturday according to the ad for whatever it's worth.

#31089 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1267 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 21 June 2020 - 12:03 PM

He sent me a message about Target B2G1....I didn’t even take advantage of that deal.

#31090 Feedback123  

Feedback123

Posted 21 June 2020 - 12:41 PM

Dave shoot me your email or Tattler kind of want to read one of your messages.

#31091 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   602 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2020 - 01:15 PM

No dotd?

Labo kits for $20! And Dragon Quest Builders 1/2 for switch $25/20

Looks like the flash sale being collectibles from Sun to Tues = no 50% off flash sale until maybe pro-day?  :oldman:

#31092 jrc84  

Posted 21 June 2020 - 02:46 PM

Labo kits for $20! And Dragon Quest Builders 1/2 for switch $25/20

Looks like the flash sale being collectibles from Sun to Tues = no 50% off flash sale until maybe pro-day? :oldman:

All those flash sales and they didn't move a single copy of division 2 stock...probably using this time to strategize.

#31093 Alexpguy  

Posted 21 June 2020 - 04:05 PM

Anyone have the G2L code for LoU2?

#31094 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   5911 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 21 June 2020 - 04:45 PM

You dont love it?  Says right on it you need the code and receipt... I dont need my code I didnt even start it yet but its open.

#31095 Alexpguy  

Posted 21 June 2020 - 06:25 PM

You dont love it? Says right on it you need the code and receipt... I dont need my code I didnt even start it yet but its open.

LoU2 has a 30% trade bonus but since it's already released, you have to buy it, and I don't need it.

#31096 kintanos   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   531 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2020 - 08:10 PM

Assuming they don't require the receipt like some have been able to do before, it's EBC 3063971.

#31097 Alexpguy  

Posted 21 June 2020 - 09:43 PM

Assuming they don't require the receipt like some have been able to do before, it's EBC 3063971.

Thanks.

#31098 Alexpguy  

Posted 21 June 2020 - 09:44 PM

Thanks, there have been times when guaranteed to love receipts did not come with the code, so I just wanted to make sure I had it before I committed to buying it.

#31099 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3603 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2020 - 10:04 PM

LoU2 has a 30% trade bonus but since it's already released, you have to buy it, and I don't need it.

Return it then...

#31100 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1231 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 21 June 2020 - 11:20 PM

Just buy it. You get rewards points for buying it and then points when doing G2L.

#31101 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   602 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2020 - 11:24 PM

Just buy it. You get rewards points for buying it and then points when doing G2L.

I did the G2L return (same code as everyone else: 3063971) to pick up another Edition that was left-over and unfortunately the extra 20% for trading towards TLOU2 didn't apply to the 59.99 G2L TIV heh. I had given it a slim chance of it working! But oddly enough the certs I used for the original base  game seem to still be valid on the website. (double redeem?) 

#31102 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14796 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2020 - 03:14 AM

Donned a mask and went to trade in some games today. Was told Gamestop is no longer accepting Wolfenstein II as a trade-in. I pointed out that the GS website still shows $5 trade credit for the game. They just said, sorry...they can’t override the system. Okay.

Wolfenstein 2 on PS4/XB1 no longer shows up in the app as tradable, only on Switch.

#31103 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14796 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2020 - 04:28 AM

15$ off wouldn't be enough to me to buy a digital game.  As many can get 10$ off at walmart physical as is iirc or on amazon for some prime games among other discount options.  They would have to sweeten the pot much more than a minor discount.  The thing that would be in its favor is if psn and other such credit was easier to come by discounted like it used to be.  You used to be able to get psn cards for 2-3$ off once a month as pcgamesupply. I'm not against digital but between the lack of sales on digital games and physical copies usually being cheaper I don't buy digital if I can help it.

Like for example if fricken Ys 8 and octopath would go on sale for 20$ I'd probably buy that digitally since they aren't moving physically.

The thing is with the $10 off at Walmart, I think eventually that's going to go away once GameStop is out of the picture. I honestly can't believe they've been able to do this for a full year already.

#31104 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14796 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2020 - 04:36 AM

Forza Motorsport 7 is a good Bestbuy to Gamestop flip. Might try that "new" method people on Slickdeals were talking about. The profit is high and the risk is low. 

All the store's in STL are sold out of it, and shipping is $4 which kills the deal. If I order to pickup in store, earliest a copy can arrive is Thursday, and will the value still be $12 at GS by then?

#31105 dracula   i'll buy that for a dolla CAGiversary!   5071 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2020 - 04:39 AM

Why would GameStop be out of the picture? They are like loan sharks, selling you games for dollars and then giving you pennies (in credit) for the sane game

Yes the digital downloads get stronger with each generation but they will make plenty of money I would think

#31106 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14796 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2020 - 04:41 AM

Thought my local store would’ve reopened with the mall today, but alas. Called the mall’s main number, and said GS probably won’t be opening until the 26th. Oh well.

Might be a per-store basis thing, but it would sure be nice to pick up my last pre-order from March...

If your mall store was open as a SFS location, or even if it wasn't, I think there's a high likelihood your game isn't there anymore. If it was a SFS location, then your game was sent off in an online order. If it was completely closed, they may not get it or it may have been sent to another store and again sold off. Someone that frequents an enclosed mall location would need to chime in on that.

#31107 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14796 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2020 - 04:48 AM

The Xbox One S I bought for $200 3 years ago came with a 4K Blu-ray drive. Not sure that’s a system selling feature for the PS5.

I say this an an XB1X owner, but XB1 is the No. 3 system this gen, and for Sony only people lots are talking about how they finally get one and how the PS4 Pro should of had one, or how they're now going to get a 4KTV since their system will have the drive and they'd been holding off on an upgrade anyway (maybe didn't buy the PS4 Pro b/c of the lack of the drive.)

#31108 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14796 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2020 - 04:55 AM

Yeah most companies can’t afford to keep doing 25% to 40% capacity and with the virus going on for at least another year, a lot of stores and companies are going under, so have fun right now y’all, it’s going to be a very bumpy ride.

I wouldn't be as worried about getting a Series X if the Microsoft Store in STL wasn't in an enclosed mall. I seriously doubt BB, WM, or Target are going to do trade in deals for the new systems. I have confidence I can sell my Cyberpunk X to get the funds, but if I can't do a partial preorder to reserve one then I'm going to have to try to start selling my system in like October and be without for a month then get in line at a BB, WM, or Target on launch day like it was 2000 if GS isn't an option.

And without a good trade in deal on PS4 Pro my chance of getting both systems at launch is shot as I'm hoping minimum $200 trade in for a PS4 Pro and cashing out my 85k in reward points for another $85 off.

#31109 Lumas101  

Posted 22 June 2020 - 05:43 AM

Did anyone trade one of the “This Week’s Top Trade Value” games last week or today? I would like to trade Doom Eternal (if I can find a local store accepting trades), but app and website show it for $20, not 30. Is it a promotion that rings up in store?

#31110 RegretItLater  

RegretItLater

Posted 22 June 2020 - 06:06 AM

Pro Day this Saturday. Hoping Figpins, statues and Totaku’s get huge discounts.