* * * * - 18 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#31111 MSU_DVM   Let's Go Heat! CAGiversary!   1091 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2020 - 06:06 AM

Did anyone trade one of the “This Week’s Top Trade Value” games last week or today? I would like to trade Doom Eternal (if I can find a local store accepting trades), but app and website show it for $20, not 30. Is it a promotion that rings up in store?

Doom Eternal and Final Fantasy 7 Remake were both trading in for $20 today. Maybe the values will turn over on Monday?

#31112 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14848 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2020 - 03:25 PM

Pro Day this Saturday. Hoping Figpins, statues and Totaku’s get huge discounts.

All the not 2020 release Totaku's are already $5, or I assume you mean the 2020 releases?

#31113 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   708 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 22 June 2020 - 04:04 PM

The thing is with the $10 off at Walmart, I think eventually that's going to go away once GameStop is out of the picture. I honestly can't believe they've been able to do this for a full year already.

I really don't think walmart cares about what gamestop is doing at all. The game discount at walmart is there to increase in store foot traffic or else they'd offer the discount on their website as well. 

#31114 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14848 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2020 - 04:25 PM

I really don't think walmart cares about what gamestop is doing at all. The game discount at walmart is there to increase in store foot traffic or else they'd offer the discount on their website as well. 

But it also affects the price on Amazon and at some point I would think the big 3 plus the publishers will get pissed off enough to do something. It stops people from buying day 1 digital if they can get a physical copy for up to $10 less as even rural/small towns/cities (assuming they have broadband access) have a Walmart.

#31115 oakley568   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2020 - 05:01 PM

If (as a pro member) I can get $39.00 in TIC for Doom Eternal (assuming base price $30 and then 30% on top of that) then I am all in on that deal.

Anybody have any luck today regarding this?  Ad shows a pic of the XB1 version, but hopefully that doesn't matter...

Doom Eternal and Final Fantasy 7 Remake were both trading in for $20 today. Maybe the values will turn over on Monday?

#31116 Sparky01GT  

Sparky01GT

Posted 22 June 2020 - 05:44 PM

For that big flash sale two weeks ago I ordered 48 games on the website and another 17 in store. I've gotten everything except two copies of Lego Marvel Avengers for Vita that got a tracking number but still havent gone anywhere.  As for cases, none of the 3DS games had cases, the only Vita game that had a real case was a new, sealed Code: realize I got like someone else posted. For PS3 most of the games had cases and a couple also had manuals, but I got two very scratched up loose copies of Incredible hulk.  Also both my Blade Strangers for Switch were loose, but I was able to get a manual for one at a store. All my PS4 and XBOX One games were complete, but UPS absolutely stomped on one of my packages so my CTR and Tokyo Ghoul for PS4 came with badly broken cases. My 2 x Pokemon Blue and 2 Links Awakening for Gaemboy were both authentic with working batteries! 

Assuming I get the Marvel Avengers at some point, I will be happy overall. I got some great deals and I accounted for getting loose games when I decided what to order so getting cases at all was a pleasant surprise. 

#31117 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5727 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 22 June 2020 - 07:14 PM

Sounds pretty good. I was a bit envious when the other poster posted the complete copies of Blade Strangers. If most get it cart-only, I'm glad I didn't order it.

#31118 RegretItLater  

RegretItLater

Posted 22 June 2020 - 08:48 PM

All the not 2020 release Totaku's are already $5, or I assume you mean the 2020 releases?

Correct, those $10-$15 figures.

#31119 friggotha  

friggotha

Posted 22 June 2020 - 09:30 PM

Pro Day(ve) is this Saturday according to the ad for whatever it's worth.

There is another shirt deal for Saturday (PRO DAY) - DOTD627.

Honestly not much else I can see.  One code I can't attribute to a date because of the cluster mess that they have stuff stored in, is ATPLAYHEADSETS.  But GS has been dumping headsets this week, so it might be trivial.

Other specific codes this week are DOTD624, and DOTD625.  No other days.  Those days only.

/OP-ED

GS really should have invested in shirts relating to Animal Crossing, XC, etc.  They over-bought piles of shirts they can't sell, evident by all the shirt sales they have been having in the past 2 weeks.  A lot of ho-hum franchises.  Oops!

/end-OP-ED

With regard to Pro-Days, it seems like it might be a banner flash sale or ... just maybe .. a +% bonus to trade.  Likely not a +5 trade - they don't seem to want to pay for anything lately.  1 day to trade is kind of shitty though, but who knows.  I'll take a +$5 trade in a heartbeat though!

Banners are kept privileged on GS home logon servers, via specific users.  I don't want em that bad.

PS - I got a message from Tattler4 - it showed up in my inbox, but the content was deleted and erased.  Only the sender's name remained ... I bet it was juicy.   Boo :(

#31120 Ketsui   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1439 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2020 - 09:44 PM

If (as a pro member) I can get $39.00 in TIC for Doom Eternal (assuming base price $30 and then 30% on top of that) then I am all in on that deal.

Anybody have any luck today regarding this? Ad shows a pic of the XB1 version, but hopefully that doesn't matter...

You would have to trade in towards TLoU2 right to get the 30% boost?

#31121 strikeanywhere  

strikeanywhere

Posted 22 June 2020 - 10:56 PM

Honestly not much else I can see.  One code I can't attribute to a date because of the cluster mess that they have stuff stored in, is ATPLAYHEADSETS.  But GS has been dumping headsets this week, so it might be trivial.

Other specific codes this week are DOTD624, and DOTD625.  No other days.  Those days only.

/OP-ED

GS really should have invested in shirts relating to Animal Crossing, XC, etc.  They over-bought piles of shirts they can't sell, evident by all the shirt sales they have been having in the past 2 weeks.  A lot of ho-hum franchises.  Oops!

/end-OP-ED

With regard to Pro-Days, it seems like it might be a banner flash sale or ... just maybe .. a +% bonus to trade.  Likely not a +5 trade - they don't seem to want to pay for anything lately.  1 day to trade is kind of shitty though, but who knows.  I'll take a +$5 trade in a heartbeat though!

Banners are kept privileged on GS home logon servers, via specific users.  I don't want em that bad.

PS - I got a message from Tattler4 - it showed up in my inbox, but the content was deleted and erased.  Only the sender's name remained ... I bet it was juicy.   Boo :(

The Tattler ones generally criticize you for allegedly taking advantage of whichever sale or glitch occurred recently. The Dave ones are a combination of self-congratulations, mention of some current deal which he takes credit for, and then thanking you for being a presumptive pro member.

Dude is jekyl and hydave, seriously.

#31122 Thrillh0  

Thrillh0

Posted 22 June 2020 - 11:38 PM

How many of you are still waiting for games from the flash sale a couple weeks back? Anything retro and a couple Switch games were marked as shipped right away, but have had no movement. The tracking info is also for USPS as opposed to the UPS I typically get.

#31123 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 22 June 2020 - 11:57 PM

How many of you are still waiting for games from the flash sale a couple weeks back? Anything retro and a couple Switch games were marked as shipped right away, but have had no movement. The tracking info is also for USPS as opposed to the UPS I typically get.

I had a hassle returning a game I ordered on DOTD. Took a month and a half to get it from the time of order and the associates took one look at the date and wanted to deny it. No clue what's going on with their shipping because I had another game in the order that came almost immediately.

#31124 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5576 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 23 June 2020 - 01:45 AM

I had a hassle returning a game I ordered on DOTD. Took a month and a half to get it from the time of order and the associates took one look at the date and wanted to deny it. No clue what's going on with their shipping because I had another game in the order that came almost immediately.

Some of the stuff is coming from the warehouse in texas and that seems to make things take longer than the games at individual storefronts.

#31125 shinclyde   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   269 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2020 - 02:35 AM

So, fun times with Gamestop. Ordered a Labo kit and picked it up in store, no problem. when I get home i noticed it has already been opened, it's missing some parts, and the cartridge is missing!!

Advice? just go back to store tomorrow and ask for an exchange?

#31126 jooksingjie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   248 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

jooksingjie

Posted 23 June 2020 - 02:58 AM

/OP-ED
/end-OP-ED

Dotd can be found searching dotdweekxxmon/tue/wed etc

It is currently week 21.

#31127 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 23 June 2020 - 03:40 AM

Wolfenstein 2 on PS4/XB1 no longer shows up in the app as tradable, only on Switch.

They must have just changed it, cause the PS4 version was showing up for me in the app for $5 trade credit on Friday when I was in-store. Despite that, they wouldn't let me trade it in towards TLOU2 on release day, not for 20% extra ($6) or the regular $5.

#31128 DavidD   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   159 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2020 - 08:19 AM

I got the Toki Retro Collector Switch pack in a local store today for $15.99 - $5.00 pro certificate... about $11 for the mini cabinet seems almost worth it.

#31129 RunningMan  

RunningMan

Posted 23 June 2020 - 09:38 AM

I have 3 games in limbo just like that, not really worried because they're not rare, I just dont want the headache if the end up not shipping.

#31130 Ketsui   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1439 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2020 - 11:18 AM

Top values TIC are now live

#31131 Lumas101  

Posted 23 June 2020 - 12:50 PM

Top values TIC are now live

Fingers crossed that I can find a place taking trade ins. Last week only about three stores in my county were open at all and none were taking trades, but some of our retail restrictions were eased over the weekend and a few new stores opened. I've been waiting for like two months to trade Doom Eternal so this would really be perfect timing.

#31132 TheRyno665   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   92 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

TheRyno665

Posted 23 June 2020 - 01:04 PM

I have 3 games in limbo just like that, not really worried because they're not rare, I just dont want the headache if the end up not shipping.

Same.  I have one order from almost 2 weeks ago that's been sitting as "Just Shipped" the whole time, meanwhile I placed a Funko Pop order a day or two later and that was delivered within a few days.  The first order isn't important, I just get worried when a shipment just sits in one status for more than a few days, let almost 2 weeks.

#31133 Gamingsincetheseventies  

Gamingsincetheseventies

Posted 23 June 2020 - 02:45 PM

Im waiting on a 24 game order. 15 were shipped within a day or 2. The last 9, were from a warehouse, same tracking for all, saying just shipped for 2 weeks now. Customer service said to wait as they see activity on their end, but I still see just shipped for 2 weeks now. I also had to get a refund for Will a wonderful world ps4, as it seems to be missing from their website, along with Summon night 6 ps4, and Monster boy ps4, switch. Strangely those games still pull up in the app, along with used sinking city ps4 xbone, that dont show on the website.

#31134 Metal Militia   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   689 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Metal Militia

Posted 23 June 2020 - 04:00 PM

I’m hoping for some good deals on statues for Pro Day I’ve had my eye one some.

#31135 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1879 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 23 June 2020 - 04:50 PM

I’m hoping for Sekiro at $30 for pro day

#31136 juubei1i   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   350 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2020 - 05:04 PM

my son just tried to get the balances over the phone on a bunch of gift cards that have not been used but the automation said zero or they were having trouble. 

#31137 friggotha  

friggotha

Posted 23 June 2020 - 07:22 PM

Dotd can be found searching dotdweekxxmon/tue/wed etc

It is currently week 21.

While you are correct, I can't guarantee that method, as GS lists dozen(s) of games on a specific date, when only several actually go live.

#31138 friggotha  

friggotha

Posted 23 June 2020 - 07:28 PM

Some new INFO on Pro Day !!

PRODAY627

PRODAYACC627

PRODAYCONT627

PRODAYGAMES627

I'm good for Saints Row IV (Switch).  Lord knows where I'm going to find the time though.

There is a lot of games and content involved.  No Switch controllers :(

[keep in mind these are only lists.  The actual deal / sale price are hidden.]

ENJOY!

#31139 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1879 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 23 June 2020 - 08:41 PM

Some new INFO on Pro Day !!

PRODAY627
PRODAYACC627
PRODAYCONT627
PRODAYGAMES627

I'm good for Saints Row IV (Switch). Lord knows where I'm going to find the time though.

There is a lot of games and content involved. No Switch controllers :(

[keep in mind these are only lists. The actual deal / sale price are hidden.]

ENJOY!

I don’t see anything when I try to go those urls

#31140 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2020 - 08:54 PM

I don’t see anything when I try to go those urls

Because you enter those in the search bar.