* * * * - 16 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#32011 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3618 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2020 - 08:16 PM

Ohhhhh what a badass!

Track the package via UPS, not USPS.

Maybe you should read the whole post before commenting. You look foolish otherwise.

#32012 gumbyx84   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   60 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

gumbyx84

Posted 08 July 2020 - 08:17 PM

Still the same on my PS4 Pro. UPS awaiting pick up since 6/25, was to be delivered 7/1. Lol.

Did you contact GameStop yet? A controller is one thing but your paid good money for that PS4 Pro.

#32013 TheRyno665   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   91 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

TheRyno665

Posted 08 July 2020 - 08:17 PM

I have an order that I placed on 6/12 or so that still hadn't shipped.  It was stuck at "Just Shipped" with no change until Monday when it was changed to "Awaiting Carrier Pickup".  I emailed them yesterday about it.  They offered either a replacement or a refund.  I opted for a refund this morning but haven't heard back yet.  I'm not super concerned about the order itself, it was mostly impulse purchases I'll likely never get around to.

#32014 srocky26  

Posted 08 July 2020 - 08:25 PM

The package shipped via USPS but thanks for the lame and weak personal attack.

Maybe you should read the whole post before commenting. You look foolish otherwise.

That’s how UPS mail innovations works... UPS picks it up and delivers it to USPS. Tracking on USPS will stay as awaiting pickup until they get it. Doesn’t matter if the GS link says it’s shipped USPS.

I’ll let you try it and wait for an apology.

#32015 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1421 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 08 July 2020 - 08:25 PM

The package shipped via USPS but thanks for the lame and weak personal attack.

In the email it shows that it was shipped via USPS, in all likelihood it was initially shipped via UPS Mail Innovations. I had an order back in early May that I had the same problem with as far as shipment and tracking. It took me over two weeks to finally get a clue and check the tracking number through UPS MI.

Use this link to track it: https://www.ups-mi.net/packageID/

#32016 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   811 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 08 July 2020 - 08:35 PM

$17 after bonus (not pro anymore) for No Man's Sky (X1) seems high to me.

#32017 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5695 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 08 July 2020 - 08:43 PM

On a side note, another local GS I frequented has randomly shut down. Dont know why at all for this one, but it's pretty crazy that corporate is allowing random stores just to simply shut down.

It's not that crazy. Corporate isn't allowing them to shut down - no one wants to risk covid or have irate customers flip out after being asked to wear a mask for minimum wage, which is still $7.75 in some states.

#32018 Artanis1  

Artanis1

Posted 08 July 2020 - 08:48 PM

Did you contact GameStop yet? A controller is one thing but your paid good money for that PS4 Pro.

Yeah. Got back in 24 hours and said give them two - three weeks for a replacement. We shall see. Sorry you're dealing with this crap as well.

#32019 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3618 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2020 - 08:49 PM

That’s how UPS mail innovations works... UPS picks it up and delivers it to USPS. Tracking on USPS will stay as awaiting pickup until they get it. Doesn’t matter if the GS link says it’s shipped USPS.

Lol why would I apologize to someone that thinks only UPS handles USPS packages. FedEx does as well. Didn’t see you telling him to check there as well. But you continue to think you’re smarter than everyone else.

#32020 gumbyx84   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   60 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

gumbyx84

Posted 08 July 2020 - 08:55 PM

In the email it shows that it was shipped via USPS, in all likelihood it was initially shipped via UPS Mail Innovations. I had an order back in early May that I had the same problem with as far as shipment and tracking. It took me over two weeks to finally get a clue and check the tracking number through UPS MI.

Use this link to track it: https://www.ups-mi.net/packageID/

No info on package.

You'll be waiting awhile for that apology as it didn't work. You can imagine how surprised I am. It's like you have no idea what you are talking about because this might not be the same issue you've had before.

#32021 TidalDreams   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   266 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

TidalDreams

Posted 08 July 2020 - 10:33 PM

I never get NISA CEs on value. I bought a ton of their CEs from last gen and they're almost all worthless.. but it seems like every other CE this gen shoots up crazy prices. I don't get why this one did, the games aren't that good from the reviews and even the demo. 

I dunno either, but I love the style of those old Working Design CEs. I think it's the character art they put on the CDs that looks like it came straight from them. I bought the standard edition since it's on clearance and will probably pick up the extras at some point.

#32022 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1421 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 08 July 2020 - 10:51 PM

No info on package.

You'll be waiting awhile for that apology as it didn't work. You can imagine how surprised I am. It's like you have no idea what you are talking about because this might not be the same issue you've have before.

As aircobra suggested you can also try the tracking number on FedEx. Maybe try DHL eCommerce also just to be safe. If nothing comes up on those two, then the long wait with USPS begins.

#32023 The Holy Pretzle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1941 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

The Holy Pretzle

Posted 08 July 2020 - 10:58 PM

Damn I was wondering what $10 off coupon everyone was talking about, I've been extremely out of the loop on these forums/Gamestop in general and thought it was some other kind of coupon, didn't know you guys were talking about the PUR ones you can redeem.  Should have used mine on Yakuza Remastered while I had the chance. 

#32024 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14797 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2020 - 11:31 PM

Damn I was wondering what $10 off coupon everyone was talking about, I've been extremely out of the loop on these forums/Gamestop in general and thought it was some other kind of coupon, didn't know you guys were talking about the PUR ones you can redeem.  Should have used mine on Yakuza Remastered while I had the chance. 

GS gave all reward members $10 off a $30, $50, or $60 purchase last week.

#32025 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14797 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2020 - 11:36 PM

$17 after bonus (not pro anymore) for No Man's Sky (X1) seems high to me.

It's only been out for 2 years on XBox and is close to being out of print.

#32026 NeedleInTheHay   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1137 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

NeedleInTheHay

Posted 08 July 2020 - 11:51 PM

No, no they didn’t. I’ve been a member forever and didn’t get jackshit.

#32027 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2992 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 08 July 2020 - 11:52 PM

I think it was aimed at members that hadn't been in in a while. I'm a member but rarely go into the store and got one.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

#32028 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14797 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2020 - 11:53 PM

Maybe not all but at least 75% of members. I got a $10 off $60 and bought $70 of XBox currency to buy the MVP edition of Madden.

Edit: And I buy 90% of my physical games at GameStop so low frequency wasn't what triggered a code.

#32029 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2992 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 08 July 2020 - 11:56 PM

Maybe not all but at least 75% of members. I got a $10 off $60 and bought $70 of XBox currency to buy the MVP edition of Madden.

Edit: And I buy 90% of my physical games at GameStop so low frequency wasn't what triggered a code.

Ah ok. Damn I thought it was based on trying to get you back into the store.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

#32030 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23455 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2020 - 12:05 AM

I've purchased quite a bit from GS and didn't get anything. There didn't seem to be any type of logic as to who got one and who didn't... 

The only outliers with my account is that I've been a PUR+ member for a long ass time (dating back to 2011, possibly earlier) and I'm sitting a lot of points (160K-ish). 

#32031 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14797 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2020 - 12:08 AM

I've purchased quite a bit from GS and didn't get anything. There didn't seem to be any type of logic as to who got one and who didn't... 

The only outliers with my account is that I've been a PUR+ member for a long ass time (dating back to 2011, possibly earlier) and I'm sitting a lot of points (160K-ish). 

I've been a member since 2010 (STL was a test market for PUR) and have 90k points. Meanwhile my friend in Chicago that's hadn't made a purchase in store since Nov. also got a coupon. Sorry I thought everyone got one, it seemed like from the comments here last week everyone got one.

#32032 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5424 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 09 July 2020 - 12:11 AM

I never get NISA CEs on value. I bought a ton of their CEs from last gen and they're almost all worthless.. but it seems like every other CE this gen shoots up crazy prices. I don't get why this one did, the games aren't that good from the reviews and even the demo.

They are doing lower prints than they used to so stuff is going out of stock and print faster for some games.

The hdn ces for the vita exploded in price though so I can only assume you missed those.

#32033 gumbyx84   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   60 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

gumbyx84

Posted 09 July 2020 - 12:12 AM

As aircobra suggested you can also try the tracking number on FedEx. Maybe try DHL eCommerce also just to be safe. If nothing comes up on those two, then the long wait with USPS begins.

FedEx came up with nothing too. I'm just screwed. I'm calling them tomorrow to complain.

#32034 detsportsfan3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   133 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

detsportsfan3

Posted 09 July 2020 - 12:25 AM

GameStop shipped my two games today via USPS. This means that they are likely shipping in a soft envelope and they can just put it in the mailbox correct? I might have to be out of town until Friday and not sure how long it's going to take for them to get to me. I would prefer them not leaving a box on my front doorstep. If that's the case I can always ask a neighbor to watch out for them. The way the mail is going though I probably won't get them until Monday at the earliest.

Maybe not. I finally received my Pokemon emerald GBA game from the 50% off sale and it shipped USPS with no other items in a medium size box (probably 6x4x12).

#32035 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1277 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 09 July 2020 - 12:29 AM

Maybe not. I finally received my Pokemon emerald GBA game from the 50% off sale and it shipped USPS with no other items in a medium size box (probably 6x4x12).

Hopefully you luck out and get one with a working battery

#32036 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3449 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 09 July 2020 - 12:34 AM

I've been a member since 2010 (STL was a test market for PUR) and have 90k points. Meanwhile my friend in Chicago that's hadn't made a purchase in store since Nov. also got a coupon. Sorry I thought everyone got one, it seemed like from the comments here last week everyone got one.

I didn't get one either and I shop there relatively frequently

#32037 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1468 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2020 - 12:55 AM

I've been PUR for like 8 to 10 years without a break in membership and I didn't get one.  Just sayin'.  

#32038 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 09 July 2020 - 01:35 AM

I think it was aimed at members that hadn't been in in a while. I'm a member but rarely go into the store and got one.

I bought a game in-store about a week before getting my $10 voucher via email.

#32039 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3618 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2020 - 04:00 AM

FedEx came up with nothing too. I'm just screwed. I'm calling them tomorrow to complain.

What does it say when you track it via GameStop's website? Just shipped?

#32040 EndOfGreen  

EndOfGreen

Posted 09 July 2020 - 04:34 AM

Mind blowing that this many people don't know how GS shipping works. As I said, if it ships via USPS, its 10 days MINIMUM before you get your order. Once they check it in, they usually get it to you the next day. That's a MINIMUM of 9 days before your tracking is updated, but it can also be anywhere from 9-12 or so days, and I've had it up to 18 days during this time period. Relax. That's what you get when you buy from GS.

UPS is better, but is also usually at least a 7 day wait time unless your order is shipped same state or you choose a faster shipping method. It should always say what carrier is taking it at the bottom of your GS tracking order number.

Also, everyone should know by now never to trust the delivery date.