* * * * - 16 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#32101 bmcgreevy  

bmcgreevy

Posted 10 July 2020 - 09:39 PM

I’m sure this has been asked before but as someone who looks for deals just to build my backlog (as if I need that) what are the best deals to look out for year round? I took advantage of B5G3. Any other come to mind?
To ‘price check’ I go to price charting .com and add up the loose prices per game and make sure I spend under that.

#32102 MaximusDM   What is a man!? CAGiversary!   454 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2020 - 10:13 PM

So everything that is on sale doesn't stack with the buy 2/3/4 % off sale. What a joke this company is.

#32103 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2446 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted 10 July 2020 - 11:38 PM

So everything that is on sale doesn't stack with the buy 2/3/4 % off sale. What a joke this company is.

GameStop is not the only company to not combine some sales / promotions.

#32104 jrc84  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 12:18 AM

I’m sure this has been asked before but as someone who looks for deals just to build my backlog (as if I need that) what are the best deals to look out for year round? I took advantage of B5G3. Any other come to mind?
To ‘price check’ I go to price charting .com and add up the loose prices per game and make sure I spend under that.

A few weeks ago they were doing B5G%50 off on under $30 games flash sale. Started at under $20 and they kept running them increasing the under amount. Iirc, black friday deals included B1G1. I think they did B1G2 when they got rid of PS2 stock so maybe something to watch when they end PS3 stock. People have been reporting online sale glitches, seems like it often involves under $10 stuff due to the ongoing 4/$20 or B2G2 stacking. Those are the better ones I recall.

#32105 jrc84  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 12:22 AM

Could be wrong but I thought the deal said select games only when I browsed them.

#32106 gAm3 Fr3aQu3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   132 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

gAm3 Fr3aQu3

Posted 11 July 2020 - 03:53 AM

LOL. You're the joke.

Could be wrong but I thought the deal said select games only when I browsed them.

You're correct. 

#32107 Jaridb  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 04:54 AM

For those wondering about online (digital) certificates and if they’re legit:

The GameStop APP says Certs are “sold out” , and doesn’t show online (digital) certs at all... However, the Certs are available from the GameStop website. Simply log-in, and you should be able to redeem your points for both In-Store Certs or Online Certs.

For 100% working online Certs;

Log-in through the GameStop Website (browser not app), and find Digital Rewards. Select your cert, and click redeem. (Here is what is new to me) I’ve had to verify my account with each Cert, through an emailed verification code. Enter the code back on the GameStop website, and you will receive a Confirmation message that you have redeemed your points.

The Cert, however, most likely won’t be visible anywhere on the website... so Open the GameStop APP, log in, and your Online Digital Cert will appear in your Digital Locker tab within the app.

Finally, the Cert will be a code. Take the Cert Code given (including the “-“s) and enter it in checkout under the PROMO option (and it can usually be combined with CAG16). Your cart should now reflect the discount.

My bad that was winded, But once you get the hang of it, it has worked for me 100% of the time for using online certs. I hope that helped anyone.

#32108 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14797 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 05:45 AM

The GameStop APP says Certs are “sold out” , and doesn’t show online (digital) certs at all... However, the Certs are available from the GameStop website. Simply log-in, and you should be able to redeem your points for both In-Store Certs or Online Certs.

Log-in through the GameStop Website (browser not app), and find Digital Rewards. Select your cert, and click redeem. (Here is what is new to me) I’ve had to verify my account with each Cert, through an emailed verification code. Enter the code back on the GameStop website, and you will receive a Confirmation message that you have redeemed your points.

The Cert, however, most likely won’t be visible anywhere on the website... so Open the GameStop APP, log in, and your Online Digital Cert will appear in your Digital Locker tab within the app.

Finally, the Cert will be a code. Take the Cert Code given (including the “-“s) and enter it in checkout under the PROMO option (and it can usually be combined with CAG16). Your cart should now reflect the discount.

My bad that was winded, But once you get the hang of it, it has worked for me 100% of the time for using online certs. I hope that helped anyone.

But does anyone know what the expiration date is currently for the reward certificates? Want to use mine in Nov. for the consoles but I fear if I wait until Nov. to redeem GS will block redemptions, but don't want to redeem too early and not be able to use the certificates.

#32109 Lumas101  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 10:37 AM

If it’s within the return period, should I be able to return/rebuy two preowned last-gen games to take advantage of the Buy One, Get One 50% off?

#32110 Agent Zero  

Agent Zero

Posted 11 July 2020 - 12:29 PM

But does anyone know what the expiration date is currently for the reward certificates? Want to use mine in Nov. for the consoles but I fear if I wait until Nov. to redeem GS will block redemptions, but don't want to redeem too early and not be able to use the certificates.

I redeemed my points for a $5 cert at the beginning of July and the expiry date was 8/30/2020.

#32111 Hellacious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   522 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 02:58 PM

Certificates are generally by Quarter for expiration from the time of issue. So current one's expire in August as an example. So the next set will be end of November in theory.

#32112 strongarm   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   168 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

strongarm

Posted 11 July 2020 - 03:18 PM

My monthly 5 dollar certificate does not work online. Anyone know any tricks around this, that doesn't include going in-store?

The stores near me don't have what I am looking for.

#32113 strongarm   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   168 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

strongarm

Posted 11 July 2020 - 03:25 PM

It's kind of of odd that I have so many stores near me, yet, pretty much every switch game that I try to find is out of stock in all of them

#32114 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14797 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 03:36 PM

I redeemed my points for a $5 cert at the beginning of July and the expiry date was 8/30/2020.

Certificates are generally by Quarter for expiration from the time of issue. So current one's expire in August as an example. So the next set will be end of November in theory.

Thank you, September redemption it is then.

#32115 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14797 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 03:40 PM

My monthly 5 dollar certificate does not work online. Anyone know any tricks around this, that doesn't include going in-store?

The stores near me don't have what I am looking for.

It's kind of of odd that I have so many stores near me, yet, pretty much every switch game that I try to find is out of stock in all of them

No one is trading in Switch games at the moment sadly, and GS is being selective on what games they restock. They could probably run the $5 extra trade promotion through August and not dent their bottom line that bad given how desperate stores are for inventory going by what their Reddit says.

My friend in Chicago (also weary of going inside a retail store right now) was able to use the July certificate online after he combined a bunch of offers with the Honey browser extension, but outside of that you may have to go into a store to buy a $10 EShop card for $5 or something.

#32116 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1236 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 11 July 2020 - 03:45 PM

If you looking online, the inventory is currently -1. So unless a store has more than 1 copy, it won't show up.

#32117 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14797 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 03:52 PM

If you looking online, the inventory is currently -1. So unless a store has more than 1 copy, it won't show up.

It's also the restock from corporate/lack of trades factor. When my GS got a resupply of a first party Switch game this week, it wasn't Animal Crossing, or any of the games on sale, it was MK 9. The perfect game to sell someone buying a Switch, oh wait, no Switches in store ....

The only first party game my store can keep in used are the Zelda's and Let's Go Pikachu. They have a couple of 2nd party games like FE/Hyrule Warriors, Astral Chain, and DQ 11, but the rest are 3rd party stuff of varying quality that no one will touch.

#32118 strongarm   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   168 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

strongarm

Posted 11 July 2020 - 04:39 PM

No one is trading in Switch games at the moment sadly, and GS is being selective on what games they restock. They could probably run the $5 extra trade promotion through August and not dent their bottom line that bad given how desperate stores are for inventory going by what their Reddit says.

My friend in Chicago (also weary of going inside a retail store right now) was able to use the July certificate online after he combined a bunch of offers with the Honey browser extension, but outside of that you may have to go into a store to buy a $10 EShop card for $5 or something.

Interesting. I'll look into that browser extension. Thanks for the advise

#32119 Agent Hero  

Agent Hero

Posted 11 July 2020 - 04:54 PM

Anyone know how much of a refurb fee is charged on a 500GB Xbox One?

#32120 Gore   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   611 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 04:55 PM

Thank you. Someday, I'll attempt this.

#32121 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   618 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 06:22 PM

Finished the +$5 week off strong with a few random observations. I had 4x of a bunch of games to trade in so most of the time would drop the bag off at the counter and just browse while they fumble through the stack. I guess by this point I'm a regular / recognized in most stores. If you don't have a scannable barcode they have to enter the game in manually... and that is where it gets a bit trickly. Things I've noticed:

1) they will enter in the right game but wrong system (can be good or bad)

2) they will hit enter like multiple times without noticing and proceed to the next game (so you get multiple credit for 1 game)

3) they will ring up the incorrect version of the series (can be good or bad)

4) they will ding you with a refurb fee on their own games 

5) some games over $3 will not get the +5 bonus

1 & 2 almost got me trade banned if I didn't catch the error / bonus... one store hit enter 3 times for God of War, and another store entered GoW3:Remastered as GoW. 3) is usually to my benefit (especially if they ring it up as a switch version incorrectly  :- ). 4) is always annoying but really more dependent on the associate. I'd only try and get 5) bumped if I was friendly with the SL. Definitely review your receipt and compare it to your pre-trade-in notes before leaving the store. 

Now if they really want to restock their switch first party stock... they'd need to do a CSAC promo!  :beer:

#32122 EndOfGreen  

EndOfGreen

Posted 11 July 2020 - 07:09 PM

Already got my 40% of 4+ order and it seems they're now showing discount price on store packing slips, so looks like that fun is over lol.

I've noticed an INSANE amount of redbox games in circulation recently. No idea why the company allowed employees to accept them as trade ins. Those get instantly exchanged as well.

#32123 Long Time No C   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   141 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Long Time No C

Posted 11 July 2020 - 07:35 PM

Finished the +$5 week off strong with a few random observations. I had 4x of a bunch of games to trade in so most of the time would drop the bag off at the counter and just browse while they fumble through the stack. I guess by this point I'm a regular / recognized in most stores. If you don't have a scannable barcode they have to enter the game in manually... and that is where it gets a bit trickly. Things I've noticed:

1) they will enter in the right game but wrong system (can be good or bad)

2) they will hit enter like multiple times without noticing and proceed to the next game (so you get multiple credit for 1 game)

3) they will ring up the incorrect version of the series (can be good or bad)

4) they will ding you with a refurb fee on their own games 

5) some games over $3 will not get the +5 bonus

1 & 2 almost got me trade banned if I didn't catch the error / bonus... one store hit enter 3 times for God of War, and another store entered GoW3:Remastered as GoW. 3) is usually to my benefit (especially if they ring it up as a switch version incorrectly  :- ). 4) is always annoying but really more dependent on the associate. I'd only try and get 5) bumped if I was friendly with the SL. Definitely review your receipt and compare it to your pre-trade-in notes before leaving the store. 

Now if they really want to restock their switch first party stock... they'd need to do a CSAC promo!  :beer:

Yeah, in my Redbox flipping days I would see the employees make all kinds of mistakes.

#32124 doc_j88   CAG Vet CAGiversary!   1399 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2020 - 12:24 AM

$5 extra ends today ?

#32125 Ketsui   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1407 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2020 - 01:00 AM

Used a $10 certificate on a new Mario Tennis aces(last day of sale) and traded in Samurai Shodown for $11.60($5 bonus), $20.62 out the door

PS it's the last day

#32126 GameRTR  

Posted 12 July 2020 - 02:06 AM

I wish I had known about this extra $5. Been waiting for this exactly to take a couple stacks in.. guess we'll have to catch it next time

#32127 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1469 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2020 - 03:14 AM

Got to the store to do my trades 15 minutes before closing and forgot my ID. Lol. Hopefully it gets extended or we see a 50% bump soon. On the other hand...I bought something I didn't plan on getting. Perfect!

#32128 Strider Turbulence EX  

Strider Turbulence EX

Posted 12 July 2020 - 05:08 AM

Buy 5 get 50% off on games under $20.

The header says Xbox One and PS4 games but it's discounting Mario Rabbids.

Looking for glitches.....

#32129 Danthegamer   Deal Galore CAG in Training   28 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

Danthegamer

Posted 12 July 2020 - 05:08 AM

50% off online AND in store, siiick!

#32130 EndOfGreen  

EndOfGreen

Posted 12 July 2020 - 05:23 AM

Works for Switch. Just grabbed 12 games, some were currently discounted too like MK11, Lego Jurassic, and Into The Dead 2. Works on sale items.

EDIT: Works for ALL games again that are under $20. Including retro.