* * * * - 18 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#33181 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   531 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2020 - 02:52 PM

And they just announced that doom eternal gets a free next gen upgrade!  Within minutes of my purchase.  Knowing a next gen version of most late AAA releases would be coming is what has held me back on a lot of purchases, but a free upgrade for previous owners is a great new trend I’d like to see more of.  I don’t have RDR2 yet, it’s obviously coming to the next gen systems,  probably the systems after that too, but I’d buy it now if I knew a free next gen upgrade was coming.  

#33182 DarkGamer11   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   519 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

DarkGamer11

Posted 06 August 2020 - 03:27 PM

GameStop’s website is absolute garbage. I usually purchase through the app which is a bit better, but I can’t get any PUR certs through there. Smh.

I guess you can’t use a rewards cert if you do the 2/$45 or 4/$80? It doesn’t work with my $5 monthly coupon but I know there’s different rules for those (can’t use on PSN credit for example).

#33183 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3844 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 06 August 2020 - 03:38 PM

And they just announced that doom eternal gets a free next gen upgrade! Within minutes of my purchase. Knowing a next gen version of most late AAA releases would be coming is what has held me back on a lot of purchases, but a free upgrade for previous owners is a great new trend I’d like to see more of. I don’t have RDR2 yet, it’s obviously coming to the next gen systems, probably the systems after that too, but I’d buy it now if I knew a free next gen upgrade was coming.

tenor.gif

#33184 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   531 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2020 - 03:44 PM

Haha, yeah, with how much they have milked GTAV, and how much it’s still selling, It’s unlikely.  I’ll wait 3-4 years till the next gen version RDR2 qualifies for a good deal I guess.  On the other hand, games as a service is becoming so huge, I could see it as a move to get more people into and sticking with RDR2 online...

#33185 strikeanywhere  

strikeanywhere

Posted 07 August 2020 - 12:28 AM

I'll refresh your memory,

July 28, 2020

https://www.cheapass...9#entry14309487

The same V shaped inner portion defect is in the post you recently deleted, but I recognize it as one you posted before -- (also your recent posts where photos are "old", because they are anything but original).  But you like to repost them as new.  Tell me more.

edit - he deleted that post too.  Evidence shows as a invalid page.  /sigh  -- {{-- -- MODS! --}}

You win. They're both gone.

Unrelated :

What's the best "Thank you" message that anyone has received from a gamestop order on the invoice sheet? I haven't seen much in the last year, but have received a few cute pictures and what not. I love that.

#33186 chadthechosen   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   135 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

chadthechosen

Posted 07 August 2020 - 01:41 AM

Anyone know if the spend $60 and get the $10 back by the 9th day deal thing going on counts games preorders or not? Just preordered enough games to hit $60 and not sure if I will get the coupon or not is why I am asking.

#33187 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2794 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 01:51 AM

Anyone know if the spend $60 and get the $10 back by the 9th day deal thing going on counts games preorders or not? Just preordered enough games to hit $60 and not sure if I will get the coupon or not is why I am asking.

No one knows the exact mechanics of this promo. But i would say reservation $ is unlikely to count toward the 60. Needs to be a completed purchase in a single transaction.

#33188 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 07 August 2020 - 02:44 AM

Awww, my local GameStop has a new manager that completely sucks. Used to have a great one, this guy won’t even match trade values on GameStop’s own app. Oh well I guess I’m avoiding buying physical just so I don’t have anything to trade lol

Still need them to trade up to new consoles, but that’s the only thing I’ll purchase from them again

Yup, one GS hardass can make all the difference. Tried trading in a game shortly before the pandemic and the employee (unsure if it was the manager) said the disc label had a small scuff mark and that he couldn't accept it. I saw no blemish of any kind. Took the same disc to a GS a couple of miles away and it was examined and accepted without question...no problem. 

Just think that was funny, given how many people here have received pre-owned discs in absolutely miserable shape...and I was given a hard time about a tiny scuff mark (and not even on the data side) that I couldn't even see. 

#33189 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2355 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 03:06 AM

No one knows the exact mechanics of this promo. But i would say reservation $ is unlikely to count toward the 60. Needs to be a completed purchase in a single transaction.

Wait, in single transaction? Shit. I spent $40 2 days ago and was considering how I'd make up the other $20.

#33190 paul6   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   456 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 09:49 AM

#33191 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 07 August 2020 - 02:19 PM

You win. They're both gone.

Unrelated :

What's the best "Thank you" message that anyone has received from a gamestop order on the invoice sheet? I haven't seen much in the last year, but have received a few cute pictures and what not. I love that.

I wish that they would spend more time ensuring the accuracy of my order rather than spending time putting pictures on things

#33192 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23560 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 03:02 PM

Does mean that I'm actually getting my replacement order? I mean, only a month after they told me I'd get it... but if I get it. 

Capture.PNG

#33193 Sam7point0   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   37 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Sam7point0

Posted 07 August 2020 - 03:33 PM

I dont know why I thought the Megatron Day sale would be decent....

#33194 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   531 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 04:02 PM

Does mean that I'm actually getting my replacement order? I mean, only a month after they told me I'd get it... but if I get it. 

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

I only have one recent experience to reference, but yeah, this is the message I got about a week before finally receiving one replacement order I had to do

#33195 jrc84  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 05:28 PM

I only have one recent experience to reference, but yeah, this is the message I got about a week before finally receiving one replacement order I had to do

^^^^what this person said, happened to me less than a week ago. It turned out to be a game replacement from an online request about a month ago.

#33196 Sugarbeats  

Sugarbeats

Posted 07 August 2020 - 06:43 PM

So Gamestop is opened this Thanksgiving right? They're so desperate that they will most likely do it. It other words, they don't care about their employees and are even told to finish up the transaction quickly, even if the customer comes in without mask on.

#33197 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2794 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 06:49 PM

So Gamestop is opened this Thanksgiving right? They're so desperate that they will most likely do it. It other words, they don't care about their employees and are even told to finish up the transaction quickly, even if the customer comes in without mask on.

Hey, it's the user who posted a new thread / PSA in the deals section a few months ago that Gamestop would never open again.  Valuable, accurate posts.  Certainly not fueled by youtube clickbait.  Not a bit.

#33198 IAMSAM34  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 06:52 PM

[quote name="Sugarbeats" post="14312476" timestamp="1596825821"]

Let's keep this thread to deals only please. Thanks and can a mod please take action.

#33199 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23560 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 06:55 PM

How is this different than most places? The only retailer I've seen actually enforce the mask policy is Costco. Everywhere else, maskless people walk in/out without any hassle because companies can't do shit about it and employees don't want to get harassed, attacked or shot. 

I went in last week and the employee was clean (used hand sanitizer) and had a mask on- that's all they can really do. 

#33200 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1491 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 09:16 PM

And something's not "adding up."   First off, all of the figures say "pre-order" but the date is August 4th.   

Secondly, when putting 2 figures in the cart it recognizes the cost of the first towards free shipping but not the second toy.  When adding a third toy, the cart still doesn't give you free shipping, even when your pre-promo total is over $35. 

I don't get it.  This is weird. 

Wondering if I actually do order some of these toys through Gametop if I will even get them.  

#33201 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1879 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 07 August 2020 - 09:24 PM

How is this different than most places? The only retailer I've seen actually enforce the mask policy is Costco. Everywhere else, maskless people walk in/out without any hassle because companies can't do shit about it and employees don't want to get harassed, attacked or shot. 

I went in last week and the employee was clean (used hand sanitizer) and had a mask on- that's all they can really do.

not trying to derail anything but I thought Walmart and Target announced they weren’t going to be open on thanksgiving? Tho of course that could just mean opening at 12:01 am Friday

#33202 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 10:06 PM

not trying to derail anything but I thought Walmart and Target announced they weren’t going to be open on thanksgiving? Tho of course that could just mean opening at 12:01 am Friday

They did. Target also announced their deals would be starting in October. I’m guessing the deals won’t be as good this year.

#33203 Dojorkan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   421 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 10:14 PM

My favorite is absolutely no Transformers video games at a place called Gamestop being discounted even a single cent.

#33204 TidalDreams   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   278 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

TidalDreams

Posted 07 August 2020 - 10:47 PM

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

I got a replacement about 1.5 months after I contacted them about it. It just arrived, never received one of these emails.

#33205 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1491 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2020 - 12:06 AM

Now the same Transformers that were Buy One Get One 50% off are no longer on sale at all.  This whole promo was messed up. 

#33206 Omni99  

Posted 08 August 2020 - 01:28 AM

Well Megatron knows that he can't possibly compete with (Optimus) Prime day.

#33207 tangytangerine   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4303 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

tangytangerine

Posted 08 August 2020 - 01:50 AM

My favorite is absolutely no Transformers video games at a place called Gamestop being discounted even a single cent.

Probably because there has been no new TF game in nearly 5 years, since Activision let the license expire after Devastation.  So they'd either have to do a sale on Rise of the Dark Spark or Devastation, if they do sale on current gen games.  Which both are starting to become hard to find as are the PS3/360 games.

#33208 ritchardf  

Posted 08 August 2020 - 02:13 AM

my favorite part of gamestop sales is when new price points appear just to avoid being part of a sale IE $15.99 used games that suddenly have appeared.

#33209 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 08 August 2020 - 12:00 PM

BOGO PS3 and 360 for DotD

#33210 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 08 August 2020 - 12:54 PM

Anyone hear anything about another trade in get $5 deal coming back? I miss that one.