* * * * - 18 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#33301 oakley568   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   169 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2020 - 03:13 PM

Gotcha. I will run some numbers. Does the $5 and the pre order trade bonus stack or are they one or the other?

GS system should only give you the better of the two deals (if you tried to stack them)

#33302 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4436 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2020 - 03:17 PM

Gotcha. I will run some numbers. Does the $5 and the pre order trade bonus stack or are they one or the other?

I could be wrong, but I feel like it has stacked in the past. Unfortunately I didn't see any great flip potential doing a quick skim myself. I also unfortunately have nothing I want to get rid of for Switch. Would love to get Paper Mario on the cheap though!

#33303 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1255 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 11 August 2020 - 04:50 PM

One or the other. Trade promos do not stack

#33304 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23566 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2020 - 05:32 PM

For online orders, is the return window from the date they ship it or from when you receive it? I got my replacement orders- but only got AC New Horizons (paid full price for it) and got a giftcard for the discounted game (YS VIII, since it's OOS now), which is not worth it since I'm basically paying full price for AC in this case. Would rather just return it. 

#33305 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   714 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2020 - 05:46 PM

One or the other. Trade promos do not stack

Unless you add a little piggy pc accessory for an extra 10%!!  :whee:

For online orders, is the return window from the date they ship it or from when you receive it? I got my replacement orders- but only got AC New Horizons (paid full price for it) and got a giftcard for the discounted game (YS VIII, since it's OOS now), which is not worth it since I'm basically paying full price for AC in this case. Would rather just return it. 

All of my local stores don't even check the date anymore, half the time they don't do the correct procedure to input a online order return and just hand you cash even if you used trade card. 

#33306 2changz  

Posted 11 August 2020 - 06:44 PM

So with Awaiting Carrier Pickup orders, what is everyone's luck getting those items and or getting replacements. I ordered a bunch of 3ds games last week and I'm curious how other's orders went. I know people have been posting about getting their orders a month or so late but I would like to expedite this process. Anyone got any tips?

#33307 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2801 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2020 - 06:47 PM

So with Awaiting Carrier Pickup orders, what is everyone's luck getting those items and or getting replacements. I ordered a bunch of 3ds games last week and I'm curious how other's orders went. I know people have been posting about getting their orders a month or so late but I would like to expedite this process. Anyone got any tips?

Their innovations shipping has taken a month for me on a few different orders.  Recently received a July 6th order.  Just have to wait.

On the positive side, my Nioh 2 shipped from the warehouse via Fedex yesterday, so maybe they're realizing it is a terrible choice.

#33308 jrc84  

Posted 11 August 2020 - 06:52 PM

I stopped paying it much attention but I had been getting my stuff in under a week. The biggest delay I have noticed was a local fulfillment that shipped usps and took like a week from about 20 minutes away. I think every other order has been ups and the only delay had been an order from CA that got hung up going through Chicago; but that was only like 2 days later then initial estimate. Most orders seem to ship same day for morning orders and next day for evening (nothing from warehouse for me yet).

Edit: Just pulled my order Hx. My 8/9 order is in 2 shipments. The UPS shipment label created 8/9 and at carrier facility 8/10, arrives tomorrow. The other one is usps and says awaiting package. My 7/30 order portion that came usps says pre shipment info received 8/3, shipment received 8/4, and was delivered 8/7 (from about a 20 minute drive). I have ordered from every 50% off sale for at least a few months and I have not seen the crazy turnaround and issues reported by others. I did have one game mix-up where I received something I did not order in place of something I ordered.

#33309 thenadz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   350 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2020 - 07:02 PM

Nothing you can do to expedite the process at this point. It'll come, it will just take a while. I've had both good and bad luck with their free value shipping, but if you want to expedite it for your NEXT order, choose the $1.99 shipping option

#33310 2changz  

Posted 11 August 2020 - 07:23 PM

Ah I guess we'll have to wait. I've gotten 7/12 of my 3ds games so far. And I tried to cancel 2 orders with retro games since they've been awaiting pickup for so long but apparently they can't cancel if it's marked "shipped". Annoying. But we'll see what happens they've already charged me for all these orders too.

Btw, ordered 2 copies of Langrisser at Best Buy and they PM'd Gamestop. I would just order from Gamestop but my luck with "new" games has been pretty shit lately.

#33311 ritchardf  

Posted 11 August 2020 - 11:58 PM

Their innovations shipping has taken a month for me on a few different orders.  Recently received a July 6th order.  Just have to wait.

On the positive side, my Nioh 2 shipped from the warehouse via Fedex yesterday, so maybe they're realizing it is a terrible choice.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday, 2 shipments from my order shipped via UPS, unfortunately just got the email for the rest of my order (3 out of 6 games) and they shipped USPS. might get here in time for the bump if i am lucky.

#33312 Ekoria  

Posted 12 August 2020 - 01:30 AM

Received my $14 copies of Doom Eternal already. Will probably keep one for the PS5 update patch and trade the rest towards Avengers.

#33313 DarkGamer11   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   519 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

DarkGamer11

Posted 12 August 2020 - 03:19 AM

Where did people see the trade in bonuses? I don’t see anything listed online.

#33314 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2020 - 03:32 AM

Where did people see the trade in bonuses? I don’t see anything listed online.

The weekly ad.

#33315 DarkGamer11   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   519 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

DarkGamer11

Posted 12 August 2020 - 03:47 AM

The weekly ad.

Thank ya. I looked under the usual Trade In Offers page but that would make too much sense I guess.

#33316 Gore   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   627 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2020 - 04:32 AM

Received my $14 copies of Doom Eternal already. Will probably keep one for the PS5 update patch and trade the rest towards Avengers.

Doom Eternal is at $14 already?

#33317 Lumas101  

Posted 12 August 2020 - 04:34 AM

Doom Eternal is at $14 already?

$30 new, $28 preowned, $14 preowned if you buy $100+ of preowned games to trigger the 50% off sale.

#33318 Meepo  

Posted 12 August 2020 - 08:59 AM

I've had employees go by the ship and receipt day. It's really dumb.

#33319 zekana  

Posted 12 August 2020 - 03:26 PM

Just received my order. This was by far the fastest delivery yet. And obviously since this is gamestop some of the game cases have cracks amd pieces broken off from them but I expect that now from them.

#33320 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23566 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2020 - 04:37 PM

Is there any way to preorder for in store, without going in a store? I thought there was but... not seeing it on the website. 

#33321 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21187 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2020 - 04:47 PM

Anyone notice Gamestop is starting to make online returns more difficult?

Just bought a game for $44.99, but when the game arrived the return slip marked the game at $40, and took the $4.99 off as a handling fee, lol.

#33322 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2801 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2020 - 04:53 PM

Anyone notice Gamestop is starting to make online returns more difficult?

Just bought a game for $44.99, but when the game arrived the return slip marked the game at $40, and took the $4.99 off as a handling fee, lol.

Yeah, probably not intentional, but another GS screwup you now have to factor in.  They're now spreading out the $5 "free shipping" charge taken in equal portions out of each item in the order.

Anyway some stores understand and will work with you.  Thankfully this is true of my home store that I give +surveys.  It's just completely ymmv what kind of instore return experience you receive.  Another nearby store with new management told me they would only take an online return within 7 days of the packing slip date.  The order itself took 4 weeks to arrive.  :roll:  I just avoid that store now and give them no business.

..It's still better than dealing with their CS phone line.  :wall:

#33323 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   714 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2020 - 04:55 PM

Heh finally got responses to some of my customer service emails from... June. At least their response action was immediate! (points refund +  replacement shipment via Fedex)

Also... finally bought one of the YOU WANT THIS BOX ... #29! Kids are into bakugan, yewgiyoe, and being a Zelda-fan decided to bite. I find unopened toys on the shelf motivate kids during this painful learn-from-home marathon. Plus I could always use some nerd socks that rip after one use. 

LyOWJfb.png

#33324 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2356 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2020 - 05:05 PM

Dangit, I'd buy Shining Resonance Refrain in a heartbeat for that price, however I really don't wanna pay the $4 shipping since the $5 PUR won't apply to it (nobody around me has it). Bummer.

#33325 oakley568   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   169 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2020 - 05:08 PM

Just received my order. This was by far the fastest delivery yet. And obviously since this is gamestop some of the game cases have cracks amd pieces broken off from them but I expect that now from them.

Great...mine is out for delivery (4 of 5 games) so I'll report back my experience.  I think once I've gotten a cracked case, but it was a generic case. 

#33326 DarkGamer11   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   519 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

DarkGamer11

Posted 12 August 2020 - 05:15 PM

Pro day is usually 10% extra trade credit, yeah? Do we think they drop the values 10% to compensate? Have a few things to unload.

#33327 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5729 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 12 August 2020 - 05:16 PM

Heh finally got responses to some of my customer service emails from... June. At least their response action was immediate! (points refund + replacement shipment via Fedex)

Also... finally bought one of the YOU WANT THIS BOX ... #29! Kids are into bakugan, yewgiyoe, and being a Zelda-fan decided to bite. I find unopened toys on the shelf motivate kids during this painful learn-from-home marathon. Plus I could always use some nerd socks that rip after one use.
LyOWJfb.png

That's a nice box. That Yu-Gi-Oh deck isn't even for sale on the GS website. If your kids like Yu-Gi-Oh, check out the Speed Duel decks. Each set comes with 2 decks of 30 cards instead of one 45-card deck, so it's a cheap way to play. You can use your $5 monthly coupon to get it for half off.

#33328 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23566 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2020 - 05:23 PM

I got that T-60 figpin in some earlier mystery box... 

#33329 tangytangerine   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4303 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

tangytangerine

Posted 12 August 2020 - 08:54 PM

Ugh, they're starting to put those silver ring stickers on PS4 & XB1 games now.  Ordered Nitroplus Blasterz(PS4) and We Happy Few(XB1) and both have them on the discs.   So now I have to decide on taking them back or not.  But have to go anyway, as I ordered Forza Motorsport 4(360) and they sent an Essentials Edition instead(1 disc instead of 2 discs and missing a ton of cars).  So got to find a store to swap that out.

Out of the 5 games I ordered(1 PS4, 1 XB1, 1 360 & 2 PS3), only 1 PS3 game didn't have a ring sticker on it(Motorstorm Apocalypse).  Only 2 of them had their original cases.  Hoping this isn't the norm for stores, as this order came from a store in MS, not the warehouse in TX.

#33330 oakley568   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   169 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2020 - 09:12 PM

4 out of my 5 games came today (very fast shipping, i might add)...all of them came in the original case and the discs were in pretty good shape.