* * * * - 22 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#36241 Newguy1  

Posted 30 October 2020 - 08:48 AM

I really want to complain but since she is the manager and it's the only GameStop near me I don't want to cause a situation where she will always be on my case.

Lose more money or bring it to their attention, your choice. Guaranteed It's not only you she's doing it to. 

#36242 thack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   176 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2020 - 09:15 AM

Trade bump is giving tricks instead of treats this year. I think GTA V, Advanced Warfare, and Spider-Man decreased in value.

#36243 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   839 Posts   Joined 1.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2020 - 11:34 AM

Trade bump is giving tricks instead of treats this year. I think GTA V, Advanced Warfare, and Spider-Man decreased in value.

Yea, it seems a few typical switch titles are $30 base, didn't check too much else as no +5 = no wawawewa excite  :bs:

#36244 The Masked Heel  

The Masked Heel

Posted 30 October 2020 - 11:38 AM

It's possible the bump happens tomorrow. At least I hope.

#36245 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 30 October 2020 - 11:47 AM

It's possible the bump happens tomorrow. At least I hope.

But the search code is dated today

I guess we've been trolled by GS

#36246 bill123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1270 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2020 - 11:49 AM

I received an email with an order also in limbo like this today.  

"We recently contacted you to inform you of an unforeseen technical issue causing your Order Number XXXXXXXXXXX to be shipping later than expected.  As of now, we expect your order to process as soon as Friday October 30th.  After processing, your order will be delivered to you according to the shipping option you selected.

Again, we are sincerely sorry for the disappointment we created with this order delay and apologize that we could not deliver on the commitment that we made. We appreciate your business and patience. If you require any additional assistance, please feel free to reply to this ema

Here's the email I received regarding my "awaiting product availability" status:

Fuck these guys seriously. I want my games. I've placed a couple orders after the problem order, and didn't have an issue. All the games shoe available for shipping on the website.

I received an email with an order also in limbo like this today.  

"We recently contacted you to inform you of an unforeseen technical issue causing your Order Number XXXXXXXXXXX to be shipping later than expected.  As of now, we expect your order to process as soon as Friday October 30th.  After processing, your order will be delivered to you according to the shipping option you selected.

Again, we are sincerely sorry for the disappointment we created with this order delay and apologize that we could not deliver on the commitment that we made. We appreciate your business and patience. If you require any additional assistance, please feel free to reply to this email and we will be more than happy to help.

Have a great day, 

Your friends at GameStop.com"

Guys I had the same issue and had to escalate it. It turns out the "waiting availability" limbo is because when the order was placed they set order fulfillment to the stores. So no stores are sending it out and it goes in limbo even though the website has it. You have to call them and explain the issue. They will see it's available online and escalate it. I did this and both of my limbo games shipped within 24 hours. Hope this helps everyone.

EDIT: Don't use chat. They're as useless as a third nipple. Call in.

#36247 The Masked Heel  

The Masked Heel

Posted 30 October 2020 - 11:52 AM

But the search code is dated today

I guess we've been trolled by GS

Well, that was obviously wrong. They have stealth bumped on Saturday after no bump on that Friday.

#36248 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1090 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 30 October 2020 - 12:06 PM

Only trade changes I see are these 4 headsets were reduced to 1 penny base trade value:

• A10 The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wired Gaming Headset for Nintendo Switch
  • RIG 400HS Wired Headset for PlayStation 4
  • Arctis 5 PUBG Edition Wired Gaming Headset
  • P-Series Wired Gaming Headset

#36249 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 30 October 2020 - 12:30 PM

Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition is in stock pre-owned on gamestop. My hope is that switch games usually come with the case.  I know the physical copy is a little tough to find these days.

I grabbed Cadence of Hyrule in the same order and forgot about the new game gets 30% off used deal and that knocked $12 off. yay!

#36250 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 30 October 2020 - 01:05 PM

Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition is in stock pre-owned on gamestop. My hope is that switch games usually come with the case.  I know the physical copy is a little tough to find these days.

Finally found something to use my monthly cert on.  Thanks

#36251 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23751 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2020 - 01:25 PM

I grabbed Cadence of Hyrule in the same order and forgot about the new game gets 30% off used deal and that knocked $12 off. yay!

Thanks, I was looking for a copy of Hyrule Warriors. Fingers crossed it arrives complete. 

EDIT* Just got this when I went to the site. 

EMPLOYEE CREDENTIALS VALIDATED Congratulations! Your employee credentials were successfully validated. 

I guess I work for GS now. Would you guys like to pre-order anything or renew your PUR? 

#36252 bobbyblane   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   453 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2020 - 01:51 PM

Guys I had the same issue and had to escalate it. It turns out the "waiting availability" limbo is because when the order was placed they set order fulfillment to the stores. So no stores are sending it out and it goes in limbo even though the website has it. You have to call them and explain the issue. They will see it's available online and escalate it. I did this and both of my limbo games shipped within 24 hours. Hope this helps everyone.

EDIT: Don't use chat. They're as useless as a third nipple. Call in.

Thanks for the tip.  I did call in this morning and was told that my order was shipping today.  Now to start the battle on getting my $10 from Pro Day.  Was told it should arrive in my shipment email later today

#36253 trinken wir   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   439 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

trinken wir

Posted 30 October 2020 - 03:03 PM

I got a spend $300 get $30 off coupon in my active offers and I cannot tell if I need to spend $300 to get it or if I already spent $300. Anyone else get this or know what the timeframe for purchase is/was?

#36254 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   610 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2020 - 03:10 PM

I got a spend $300 get $30 off coupon in my active offers and I cannot tell if I need to spend $300 to get it or if I already spent $300. Anyone else get this or know what the timeframe for purchase is/was?

If it’s in your offers you have earned the coupon.  You don’t need to spend $300 to use it, but it’s good just for 1 item in store

#36255 strikeanywhere  

strikeanywhere

Posted 30 October 2020 - 03:46 PM

Thanks, I was looking for a copy of Hyrule Warriors. Fingers crossed it arrives complete. 

EDIT* Just got this when I went to the site. 

EMPLOYEE CREDENTIALS VALIDATED Congratulations! Your employee credentials were successfully validated. 

I guess I work for GS now. Would you guys like to pre-order anything or renew your PUR? 

I came here to post that the same thing happened to me. Did you add anything to cart to see if you got some kind of discount?

#36256 trinken wir   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   439 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

trinken wir

Posted 30 October 2020 - 04:03 PM

If it’s in your offers you have earned the coupon. You don’t need to spend $300 to use it, but it’s good just for 1 item in store

Cool thanks, have not spent $300 this month. Not that it matters, but do you happen to know when this started.

#36257 IAMSAM34  

Posted 30 October 2020 - 04:09 PM

Anyone know if the G2L code is still printing out for watch dogs?

#36258 AcesHigh   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   542 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2020 - 04:13 PM

Are there any games that still get the 20% trade bonus for pre orders?

#36259 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   610 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2020 - 04:14 PM

Cool thanks, have not spent $300 this month. Not that it matters, but do you happen to know when this started.

It’s been awhile, looks like 3 weeks left to earn with the deal.  Online it says coupon is good till end of the year.

Spend $300 on qualifying offers, Get $30 Game Coin "PowerUp members get $30 Game Coin when you spend $300 in qualifying purchases between 9/13/20 – 11/22/20. $300 spend is NET any discount applied to transactions. Not valid on POSA, Gift Cards and New Hardware Purchases (pre-owned HW is eligible).

#36260 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37784 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2020 - 04:19 PM

Are there any games that still get the 20% trade bonus for pre orders?

Quite a few, but they're only visible in the weekly ad.

#36261 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23751 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2020 - 04:35 PM

I came here to post that the same thing happened to me. Did you add anything to cart to see if you got some kind of discount?

I added tried a few things (used PS4 game, new copy of Madden 21 on PS4, and preorder copy of Cyberpunk on X1), but didn't see any discount or benefit. 

#36262 gldndomer  

Posted 30 October 2020 - 06:30 PM

I got it today for X1 on the receipt. Says good until 10/30.

#36263 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14917 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2020 - 06:45 PM

How are you guys ignoring my brilliant idea? Seems like a win win for workers and customers. Have the inventory available on the GameStop app when you are on the store WiFi.

You do realize the stores run on like the lowest level DSL and don't have public Wi-Fi currently don't you? Not saying it's a bad idea, but it's going to take a hell of a MS tech infusion to get stores to that level of usability.

The current POS system is just a shell program built on top of their Software Etc/Funcoland database from the 90's. If you find an employee that knows how to print a store's stock for you, that's what they're printing from.

#36264 jooksingjie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   324 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

jooksingjie

Posted 30 October 2020 - 07:23 PM

I got it today for X1 on the receipt. Says good until 10/30.

Yup, same here. You can use coins, rewards, or coupons to reduce the price of watch dogs or any new game and get 30% off a preowned game as long as the game doesn't go below 29.99.

#36265 IAMSAM34  

Posted 30 October 2020 - 08:25 PM

Yup, same here. You can use coins, rewards, or coupons to reduce the price of watch dogs or any new game and get 30% off a preowned game as long as the game doesn't go below 29.99.

As long as watch dogs does not go under 29.99?

#36266 the Gooseler   Damon Baird CAGiversary!   944 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

the Gooseler

Posted 30 October 2020 - 08:52 PM

The manager can look it up but they usually don't. They can see the survey. The DMs handle bad surverys. You should get a call from the DM about that because that's not cool at all. I'd be pissed off.

Yeah I was pissed off, and it's the second time she's done it. I called up and they gave me $5 in points and just told me to watch her transactions next time I go there.
Also did anybody notice that the game coin offer has changed.
"PowerUp Rewards Members who purchase Watch Dogs Legion at GameStop are eligible for Up to $10 Game Coin!
Pro members get $10 Game Coin, Players $5 Game Coin when they pick up the game by 11/4/20."

#36267 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1501 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2020 - 09:02 PM

Some values are lower in the app search engine than they are in my saved trades column.  This makes me think there may be a stealth dump for those games coming soon.   Sometimes the app will "preview" upcoming changes in values. 

#36268 JJSP   Not Broke, Just Bent CAGiversary!   10207 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2020 - 10:02 PM

Pikmin G2L - EBC 3064920

#36269 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   839 Posts   Joined 1.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2020 - 10:12 PM

Dropped by a mostly transformed store this afternoon... it looks bleak. No actual game carts/art = bland game covers on both sides and no idea what is actually in stock. Seems like a lot of open space with a ton of crap jam packed into the minimal available shelf space. Nintendo in the back of the store now with PC gaming stuff taking a good chunk of the middle. Did see a ton of restocked plushies in for anyone looking for those.  :shock:

stealth dump

That's what I call a delivered load and the wipe comes up clean. 

#36270 Alexpguy  

Posted 30 October 2020 - 10:44 PM

Pikmin G2L - EBC 3064920

What's the expiration date?